Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses (62731 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by factorial1(m): 10:33am On Nov 13, 2014
@OP, if you've really made your findings very well... you should have included FUTA under that Computer Science and Physics... especially Computer Science.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by oluamid(m): 10:34am On Nov 13, 2014
Well I don't know about other courses but in Law and Mass Communication, Adekunle Ajasin University(AAUA) is one of the best around probably the best state university that offers both courses.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Sheenor: 10:34am On Nov 13, 2014
Mechanical Engineering no FUTMINNA

Computer engineering no FUTMINNA

Electrical engineering no FUTMINNA

Computer science no FUTMINNA

OP, i swear u most be a learner.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Vhalder: 10:35am On Nov 13, 2014
primusmaximus:

They have the oldest Petroleum Engineering department in Nigeria lol. Infact the only Nigerian university with a Professor in Petroleum Engineering.

http://tech.ui.edu.ng/welcomepet

I think you should be more objective with statements such as these cos your last sentence is a WHITE LIE. FUTO has about two professors in petroleum engineering. ...#i rep FUTO.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by nymphomaniac(m): 10:37am On Nov 13, 2014
we have prof chianu, the best land law professor in Nigeria. #TeamUniben

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by LeSulk(m): 10:38am On Nov 13, 2014
primusmaximus:

They have the oldest Petroleum Engineering department in Nigeria lol. Infact the only Nigerian university with a Professor in Petroleum Engineering.

WRONG!!FUTO has the 2nd Pet Eng professor in Nigeria...Professor B. Obah.Check ur facts well nxt time
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by nymphomaniac(m): 10:38am On Nov 13, 2014
Quelme:
Why is AAU, Ekpoma not included in the top Faculty of Law category.?
old glory...
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 13, 2014
For nursing ur list is thrash if u don't mention NDU.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by mike404(m): 10:39am On Nov 13, 2014
gift01:
Abeg who did this rating? Was it based on physical visitation and assessment or one unemployed dude just conjure something up while lazing around. Shame!
op must be a uniben student
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by RedArmies12: 10:42am On Nov 13, 2014
doctorgold:
Your criteria for this compilation beats my imagination. Am very sure you did not visit all the schools listed above to access each department based on their staff strength, facilities available and how well their graduates are perfoming in the job sphere.

In collaboration with the above point, you goofed by including FUTA as one of the best universities in chemical engineering and computer engineering. Such departments do not exist.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 13, 2014
primusmaximus:

I never said oldest Prof lol

Hehe
Sorry.I need glasses
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by toniobyke(m): 10:43am On Nov 13, 2014
i score the credibility to be 0.1%
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by LeSulk(m): 10:44am On Nov 13, 2014
primusmaximus:

WRONG!! FUTO has the second Prof of Pet Eng in Nigeria (Prof B. Obah).Get ur facts right
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Realist5: 10:44am On Nov 13, 2014
Shallow, watery, uneducated, misleading, senseless, clueless, unpatriotic, lambagasted, baseless, Unscientific way of reasoning, conducting and concluding a valueless, biased research. The annoying and disgusting of it all is that it made it to the front page.@Op, u have disappointed urself...

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 13, 2014
thankyouJesus:
[b]DISCLAIMER: This article is not written to degrade or downcast students of other institution that are omitted from the list.
DISCREDIT: I know and accepted that my experience, exposure, research method, e.t.c are going to influence the list, but, I will score the credibility of the list to be 85%.

The selected institutions are based on rigorous trainning, good conducive learning environment, prospects, exposure, competition results, availability of learning equipments/materials/devices, research activities, innovations, marketability, student opportunity, location, recognition, calibre of result being awarded, e.t.c. The names of the schools are arranged in no particular order.

1. Law:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN
-ABU

2. Medicine and Surgery:
-UI
-OAU
-ABU
-UNN
-UNIBEN

3. Mass communication:
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY

4. Political Science:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY

5. Business Administration:
-UNILORIN
-UNILAG
-UNN
-ABU
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

6. Banking and Finance:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-UNN
-UNIBEN

7. Accounting:
-UNIJOS
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNN
-UNILORIN

8. Pharmacy:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN

9. Biochemistry:
-UI
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNN

10. Microbiology:
-OAU
-UNN
-ABU
-UI
-FUTO

11. Nursing:
-UNIJOS
-OAU
-UI

12. Economics:
-OAU
-UI
-UNN

13. Mathematics:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILORIN
-UNAAB
-UNILAG

14. Computer Science:
-COVENANT
-OAU
-UI
-UNN
-UNILAG

15. Petroleum Engineering:
-UNILAG
-FUTO

16. Mechanical Engineering:
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNILAG
-ABU

17. Electronic Electrical Enginering:
-OAU
-UI
-UNILAG
-FUTA
-LAUTECH

18. Chemical Engineering:
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN

19. Civil Engineering:
-FUTA
-UNILAG
-FUTO
-OAU
-UNN

20. Computer Engineering:
-LAUTECH
-UNILAG
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

21. Geology:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UI

22. Physics:
-OAU
-UI
-FUTO

-UNILORIN
Note:
1. The schools are arranged in no particular order.
2. The maximum entries for a course is five [5], thereby preventing some "top" schools from making the list.[/b]

You must b insane in the right order with dis list...... futa, unilag for geology and lautech for elect elect!!!!!!?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by nymphomaniac(m): 10:46am On Nov 13, 2014
Emilord:
which uniben?Uniben that cudnt make one 2:1 In jst concluded law skul exams.if I hear
we had 6 if I am not mistaken. we have had many first class students in law school. no need to argue sha
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by akademy131: 10:48am On Nov 13, 2014
tobechi74:

law in uniabuja is not accredited
na ode u be who told you dat law is not accredicted in uni-buja.......go check da stat mf
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by rago(m): 10:51am On Nov 13, 2014
thats the problem with Nigerians. we create divisions by foolish stereotypes and categorization
JOETYNO:
So poly na Secondary School abi that U couldn't sum it in your Segregational Research?

We Nigerians are inherently laden with self-discriminating and ethical division.

Clueless research from a biased Nigeria dividing mind. Mtcheew!

:|sad

#Disclaimer: :@ @OP, I was nt in any little way insulting U, just felt U should fasten ur seatbelt and dive into concrete-complex research before presenting anything in a multiple involved sector, to avoid harsh quotes. Merci.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by abysirius(m): 10:52am On Nov 13, 2014
Transport Management

Lautech
Futo
Lasu
Futa
Oou
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by timidman(m): 10:55am On Nov 13, 2014
grin grin grin that show u re just stationary in naija alone, the day u travel and school abroad u would just come and apologize, there is No better studies in naija, you re just deceive yourself and others like u.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by jorhney(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2014
where u put open uni ??cheesy
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Femtel(m): 10:57am On Nov 13, 2014
Try Futminna for engineering course
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by eleko1: 10:57am On Nov 13, 2014
Dat one nah sch?*Make a sign of cross and waka outa the thread fast*
osram:
GEOLOGY-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY BIRNIN KEBBI

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Mckayzee(m): 10:58am On Nov 13, 2014
all join I rep Lautech... a computer engineering graduate.. computer engineering in lautech is indeed next to none... die if you wanna, that's the simple fact!!!
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by lilo2hot(m): 11:00am On Nov 13, 2014
georjay:
THIS I AM SURE OF

LAW - UNILAG

PHYSICS - UNILAG

PHARMACY - UNILAG

ARCHITECTURE - UNILAG

PETROLEUM ENGINEERING - UNILAG

LAW - RSUST
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING - RSUST
PETROLEUM ENGINEERING - RSUST
MANAGEMENT - RSUST
But i guess the OP list is for federal universities only
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 13, 2014
primusmaximus:

When it comes to Petroleum Engineering UI is the best by far but we (UNILAG) are closing that gap rapidly.

However, I would say UNILAG is the most impressive as we are under 10 years old. And in the 6 Inter-university quiz competitions (STCE) we've taken part in we came 1st twice, 3rd twice, 5th once and lost out to UNIPORT at the quarterfinals 2 years back (UI went on to win that year). And we are currently holding the SPEI Golden award for the most outstanding student chapter in the world.

Also we were under 25 in my set compared to about 100-400 in schools like UNIPORT which makes our achievements more impressive

But we don't have any Doctor or Professor with a petroleum engineering background and we are yet to start masters in Petroleum so I'll still give UI 1st position.

In my Opinion
1) UI
2) UNILAG
3) PTI
4) FUTO
5) UNIBEN
I thought that institute of petroleum study, IFP/ Uniport had the best petroleum engineering dept in Nigeria.
IPS Programmes
IPS offers the following programmes
• PhD in Petroleum Engineering & Project Development
• MSc in Petroleum Engineering & Project Development
• PGD in Petroleum Technology
• Msc in Petroleum Geosciences and Reservoir
Engineering
• MSc in Environmental Technology & Management
• MSc in Occupational Health and Safety
There is also an Offshore Technology Centre which offers
the following MSc programmes; Subsea Engineering and
Project Management, Offshore Engineering, Pipeline
Engineering, Risk, Safety and Reliability Engineering, LNG
and Refinery Technology, Renewable Energy Technology,
Project Management-Offshore Field Development
(Deepwater), Asset Integrity Management-Offshore and Oil
& Gas Structural Engineering.
Centre for Continuing Education.
whereas just as you mentioned, unilag doesn't even offer MSc yet.

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 13, 2014
Fink dey withdrew u frm unilorin for university of ilorin to not be listed
Unilorin is the best university in nigeria presently
Dre medicine and surgery is also d best in nigeria

Am one of d best nairaland user oo,plz put me on Front page

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by lawal69: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2014
For Veterinary Medicine: UDUSOK. ABU. UNIMAID. UI. NB:The course is very prosperous as it does not require you to wait for government job to break even bt it's not for lazy minds
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Emyben(m): 11:03am On Nov 13, 2014
So nobody knows UNIZIK here? I dont need to start listing the schools world accolades in area of Natural and Physical sciences especially in Geology.wow!
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by IbrahimEazi(m): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2014
ARCHITECTURE actually should b
FUTA
ABU
OAU
UNILAG
UI
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by primusmaximus: 11:04am On Nov 13, 2014
LeSulk:
WRONG!! FUTO has the second Prof of Pet Eng in Nigeria (Prof B. Obah).Get ur facts right

No vex o lol. I heard there was one other in Futo or Uniport but that he retired, that's why I said 'Only'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School / Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.