Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses (62702 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by tochman(m): 11:50am On Nov 13, 2014
primusmaximus:

They have the oldest Petroleum Engineering department in Nigeria lol. Infact the only Nigerian university with a Professor in Petroleum Engineering I think.

When I say 'prof' I mean someone that climbed the ranks in the petroleum engineering field and not one that converted from chemical engineering or the likes. If it's by conversion then UNILAG has 2 Professors in Petroleum (Prof Oyekunle and Kehinde).

http://tech.ui.edu.ng/welcomepet

CORRECTION- FUTO also has a Full petroleum Prof

UNIPORT also

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by primusmaximus: 11:52am On Nov 13, 2014
saxywale:

Yes. Is masters no longer an academic degree
Remember op based his assumptions on rigorous trainning,
good conducive learning environment, prospects,
exposure, competition results, availability of learning
equipments/materials/devices, research activities,
innovations, marketability, student opportunity, location,
recognition, calibre of result being awarded, e.t.c.

According to the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), IPS does not qualify as a Nigerian University, Its more of an extension of IFP france.

http://connect.spe.org/spenc/aboutus/students-info/nigeria-chapters/

you can view the full list of recognized petroleum engineering schools in Nigeria there
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by primusmaximus: 11:59am On Nov 13, 2014
tochman:

and where do u place the UNIPORT?

Currently I'll place them as 6th. Overall I will probably place UNIPORT as second, maybe even 1st.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by lacasera14(m): 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
Does it mean that Uniport,Unical,Futminna,Funaab and Rsust are not good in anything? This list needs proper amendment
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by JOETYNO: 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
deyemia:

Guy Relax,
This na section for best Nigerian UNIVERSITIES
no ves

#team_I_dey_school.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by nymphomaniac(m): 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
olagamalin:
So where will that leave Prof I.O Smith?
my guy, do u know prof chianu? I doubt. if u know him, you will know your prof smith even if d best before has been overtaken
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by JOETYNO: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
[quote author=Adememu post=27974457][/quote]

No its a mosque!

U ve neva gotten in a contest wit one of its product I gues.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by donspero(m): 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
Enugu state university are. Also gud in mechanical production engrn, and electrical... back then we were refereed there to work on our project.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by nymphomaniac(m): 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
Quelme:
atleast they made their mark. Festus Keyamo!!! Hope that name rings a bell in your head.
smh. they have tried. its one thing to be at the top, its another yo remain there. where the school today?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by olagamalin(m): 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
nymphomaniac:
my guy, do u know prof chianu? I doubt. if u know him, you will know your prof smith even if d best before has been overtaken

Lmao... your professor graduated from Unilag sef. and why is he taking time to have his Ph.d?

http://www.soas.ac.uk/law/staff/file52657.pdf

Search Professor Imran Oluwole Smith online and thank me later.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by predentstats: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
@OP

I suspect you have flair for OAU. Does it mean they are good at all courses?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by chismo007(m): 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
FASHIONology;

1. UNIPORT
2. UNIPORT
3. UNIPORT

grin grin
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by smallJagaban: 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
OAU IS THE BEST.

OAU FACULTY OF LAW IS REPRESENTING THE WHOLE OF AFRICA IN CANADA PRESENTLY

#WORST UNIVERSITIES ARE IN SOUTH EAST
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
I really don't know much about the list but I have to critic the list of political science.......

Why isn't lasu in that list??....
Am a student of oou and most books on politic I read are from lasu... This might be a fallacy of weak induction but a university having such brains in that field should be included in that list!?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by mrpackager(m): 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
mrpackager:
just

incase

N I DOUBT DIZ POST BFRE
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by ademijuwonlo(f): 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
LAUTECH is good in medicine too.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by lakesider(m): 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
for civil engineering unilag na first. got more than 10 profs and has the best civil engineering lab in nigeria
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by endy231: 12:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
grin UI and Uniben Seems to occupy 80% of the list. Kuma so midaaaaaa......
Proud to be a product of both Institutions.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by thankyouJesus(m): 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
I am a civil person, I don't insult people (na who no tomorrow).
For those calling for my head, I need to refer you to the discredit part of my article.
Thank you.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Mc4larin: 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by DIVFAVOR(m): 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
doctorgold:
Your criteria for this compilation beats my imagination. Am very sure you did not visit all the schools listed above to access each department based on their staff strength, facilities available and how well their graduates are perfoming in the job sphere.

In collaboration with the above point, you goofed by including FUTA as one of the best universities in chemical engineering and computer engineering. Such departments do not exist.
mistake from him, he means FUTO in both department... pls ask anybody about chemical engineering in FUTO.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Mc4larin: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
You can't mention Law if lasu isn't there
We talking Accounting, you mentioning Unilag of all schools. Where a grad of dt skul I met in Nysc camp can't even differentiate between Cashflow & Value added statement & what they are used for. She can't even extract a trial balance from ledgers.........

Rubbish
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by morhtunrahyoh(f): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
Come to futa and u will knw that applied geology no be beans
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Anniebissy(f): 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
y is AAUA nt on d list.because AAUA produced one of d first student in law school dis year.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Myque1:
I can't vouch for the rest but I have no argument about Petroleum Engineering. FUTO and UNILAG are pretty solid in that department. I know.
All these threads about universities of recent though...
myque 116
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by swezenberg(m): 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
FUTA rules in Engineering. they've got it all. It rubs well on their graduates. I'm proud to be an exFUTARIAN. An engineer supporting US Nuclear and Oil and Gas in the USA

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Appswheel(m): 1:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
i represent unilorin the pacesetters. to learn from my Unilorin experience visit www..com/resources
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by osram(m): 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
emmy02:

Sir, r u a student dere?
yea bro
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nawa o! U mean Uniport is nt gud @ evn 1 course? Ts nt possible
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by geedot: 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mc4larin:
You can't mention Law if lasu isn't there
We talking Accounting, you mentioning Unilag of all schools. Where a grad of dt skul I met in Nysc camp can't even differentiate between Cashflow & Value added statement & what they are used for. She can't even extract a trial balance from ledgers.........

Rubbish
judging a whole school by just a single graduate of Hers that you met is inappropriate..
Did you manage to ask her what she graduated with? It might be a "Pass" you know!
And we both know any student that graduated with a "Pass" in any of his/her various courses is far below average.. Not a student of the Institution, just tryna clarify some things..
#Team-Nigeria-Premier-University..
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Quelme: 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
nymphomaniac:
smh. they have tried. its one thing to be at the top, its another yo remain there. where the school today?
i don't wanna involve myself in a cyber tirade with a nympho... Rev Chris, Omawunmi, Tony Elumelu et al are all proud alumnis... So your opinion doesn't count.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Quelme: 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
olagamalin:

Lmao.... Unilag has the highest numbers of SANS pulling strings in diff part of the country. and you talk of KEYAMO!!! ..... in legal circles, keyamo doesn't command respect, it's the layman that talk bout him cos he's more or less an "owanbe-lawyer"...... KEYAMO, I doubt if the bloke has won a case in the supreme court (fellow got popular on account of a homicide)
keep living in denial... Keyamo, anytime, anyday is an heavyweight in the legal circle...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.