Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,238 members, 7,953,889 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

Best Country In Europe! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Country In Europe! (18065 Views)

List Of Best Country To Live In The World - UN Development Index As At Dec. 2015 / List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Country In Europe! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 25, 2008
France
the French transport system is the best in Europe.
Re: Best Country In Europe! by Tegese: 7:50pm On Nov 25, 2008
Angolobabe:

5.Switzerland- lovely and the people are nice and friendly ----second langauge is English

how could you say that the second language in switzerland is English? do you think that sweitzerland has just one official language? the official language divission of switzerland is as follows; German (official) 63.7%, French (official) 19.2%, Italian (official) 7.6%, Romansch 0.6%, other 8.9%. so, english can't be its official language
Re: Best Country In Europe! by MrCrackles(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2008
Luxembourg

Very small, economically stable, not congested and wealthy

Very neat and generally excellent standard of living!
Re: Best Country In Europe! by kingandrew(m): 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2008
The best country in europe can't only be based on one assumption,am struggling to understand what the original poster wil base his question on. Is it architectural,economy or general hospitality of countries in europe. I have lived in almost 5 countries in europe and based on my own opinion, i will suggest Paris,france as the most beautiful and cleanest in europe,spain will definitely take the forefront in holidays and fun places to be (especially for young people).
However, England has a very rich heritage of culture that dates back to thousand of years,its monarchy system, london tourist attractions (big ben, house of parliament.e.t.c) makes it a genuine and first on the list of any holidaymaker; trust me guys people fly from thousand of miles to see these things,not that there ain't no good things to see in other european countries,but England just had that unique wanna-be-there thing going for it.
I will give the most bouyant and strongest economy to England aswell, the economy is so tough that, while many european countries have either collapsed or on the verge of (even Germany),England still stays as strong, well it will eventually collapse during this tough financial times. Look at it from this point of view, if any country in Europe faces the influx of economic or whatever immigrants England faces,they will fall,thats why immigration laws are tighter in countries like germany,italy e.t.c
I know England does has its own downfalls,but what country dont?

Re: Best Country In Europe! by PurestBoy(m): 11:52pm On Nov 25, 2008
I've not been to the airport but the country I hope to visiting someday in Europe is SWITZERLAND
Re: Best Country In Europe! by diggler(m): 12:51am On Nov 26, 2008
PurestBoy:

I've not been to the airport but the country I hope to visiting someday in Europe is SWITZERLAND

Correct man

I'm betting ur first order of bizness will be to open a swiss bank account for ur stash. grin grin grin

U be tru 9ja man always practical.
Re: Best Country In Europe! by suprted(m): 6:59am On Nov 26, 2008
not picking on you anglobabe but you listed the most countries so i'll use yours.

The best countries in europe are

1.Norway---- lovely ,people are nice,great benefit from the Govt but cold---second langauge is English

2.Denmark , lovely but cold----second langauge is English danes are a bit racist

3.Spain---- the weather is great ,the people are nice and Costa del Sol is the best place to live for me. maybe cos of the costa del sol which is a tourist area that the people were nice but those people are the most racist in europe and they don't even speak second languages

4.Sweden--- lovely but cold, second langauge is English this is the best country in europe, i would seriously not mind living here, i actually don't mind the cold

5.Switzerland- lovely and the people are nice and friendly ----second langauge is English wrong, there is no second language, each region has it's own strong language. in large cities like zurich and geneva (esp) though, you might find some people who can speak english, but its certainly not a given. PS. the swiss are extremely racist as well, and it is the hardest country to naturalise into in europe, the whole canton or whatever takes a vote on your eligibility, imagine if you've annoyed somebody before

6. France - i like the southern part eg. Nice ,Villefranche and paris

7.) Italy- its ok but i only like Florence and Rome

8.) Malta - is interesting alot of history,nice weather and the people are friendly-- second langauge is English

9.) Portugal--- is lovely but they are racist and no jobs but i like the Algarve, english is spoken there i thought the portuguese were strict but they were actually far nicer than the spanish and english is spoken far widely especially in lisbon and the algarve

10.) Monaco --- its ok but too small and very strict

11.) UK --- accomodating but too much taxe and expensive overrated but people pick it because of the language

12.) Ireland --- is great so far nice place

13.) Germany--- is nice but racist a stereotype, they are not as bad as the french, spanish, italians or swiss

14.) Holland is great and welcoming.
Re: Best Country In Europe! by kumbalo(m): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2008
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i never travel go europe before now

abi?
Re: Best Country In Europe! by Angolobabe(f): 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2008
switzerland Airport is full of racist for sure,dem dey search blacks die,for that reason i told my hubby that i wont go to switzerland anymore but after the Airport wahala things are ok in the country and sorry i forgot to mention that in switzerland they also speaks other languages e.g, German ,french and italian but alot of swiss speaks english .
Re: Best Country In Europe! by gaddafi81(m): 1:25pm On Nov 26, 2008
Angolobabe:

switzerland Airport is full of racist for sure,them dey search blacks die,for that reason i told my hubby that i wont go to switzerland anymore but after the Airport wahala things are ok in the country and sorry i forgot to mention that in switzerland they also speaks other languages e.g, German ,french and italian but alot of swiss speaks english .
Been there a couple of times and i neva encountered anything like that
Airport officials search bags everywhere
Re: Best Country In Europe! by gaddafi81(m): 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2008
By the way, personally the spanish ppl are the most racist ppl i've ever come across followed by the italians and then the germans(depends on where you go)

elodie:

France
the French transport system is the best in Europe.
Wrong!!!
First is switzerland, second best is Germany and third is France
Re: Best Country In Europe! by lipshell(f): 4:58pm On Nov 26, 2008
major men,i think holland is cool cool
dont really like beligum(kinda dry), undecided
Re: Best Country In Europe! by skydiver(m): 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2008
don't really like beligum(kind of dry),

What you mean "Kind of Dry) ??
Re: Best Country In Europe! by liquid7: 12:30am On Nov 27, 2008
segan (m)
germany,berlin

Re: Best Country In Europe!
« #26 on: November 25, 2008, 02:44 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poland is the fastest growing econony in europe and is a nice place to be, check it out   

Joke i am sure i been around europe a lot and like many say i would go with switzerland and then maybe finland.
Poland has NOT got the fastest growing economy in europe and is rather on the poor side of europe thus referred to by many eu citizens as the "poor relations".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(real)_growth_rate .Poland is like 61st behind sri lanka for god sake!https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pl.html look at the high unemployment there and the gdp per captia is lower then most of the eu
GDP is the main standard of growth and as you can see the top country in europe (azerbaijan is not technically europe so does not count and got far to climb even if top of GDP) is liechtenstein.
However if we are talking in actually on the ground i can see growth and future then its Russia- low population considering its the biggest country in the world,controls and sells most of europe gas and oil ,stable economy and a recent massive boom in production sector.But the downside i found is most foriegners live in moscow or st peterberg and this cities are terribly expensive.I would not really recommend anyone goes there to live but good for buisness .
If i was to pick i say finland- ok economy and very friendly people.
Re: Best Country In Europe! by blackspade(m): 11:09am On Nov 27, 2008
In my opinion, the best countries in Europe are The Netherlands, Denmark, and France. wink
Re: Best Country In Europe! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2008
Honestly I don't know why people feel that Ireland is great.
Its a shit hole. Been there, lived there
Early years were much better, with increased immigration and the influx of asylum seekers things kind of went downhill for us legit naijas.
don't be fooled, u tell an irish pers u r naija, ur worth goes down immediately,
its  a beeyootiful county, Galway's grt.  But to live there and u r naija. forget it, unless u just don't care!!
Re: Best Country In Europe! by ehie007(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2008
from statistics, d scandenavian countries are d best places to live in europe, sweden, finland,,
Re: Best Country In Europe! by kweenchi(f): 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2008
Holland is the best country in Europe, especially if your'e ambitious.
Re: Best Country In Europe! by dremoney(m): 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2008
"BEST" to be adequately defined comes wiv a lot of criteria.

my thinking is "the most attractive and populated should be the best".

If UK isnt d best, y do we have more blacks concentrated here? Its got opportunities to make drms come true,

Nigeians wiv dis attitude of denying themselves again!!! shocked
Re: Best Country In Europe! by dremoney(m): 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2008
kweenchi:

Holland is the best country in Europe, especially if your'e ambitious.

which stupid holland? y people dey yarn rubbish on this forum sef? how many blacks speak dutch fluently? what can u do in ur life in that country witout the native language? what opportunities do their economy offer to foreigners? wats d limit to succeed in business in holland compared to other countries?

get to london n check how blacks (especially Nigerians in high numbers) run things legally.

argue with logic abeg, 4get ambition, which ambition
Re: Best Country In Europe! by Jarus(m): 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2008
@kumbalo. . .
that ur signature is very funny ooo
Re: Best Country In Europe! by okunoba(m): 2:50pm On Nov 28, 2008
If I was white, I would choose Scandinavia or germany. But as a Nigerian that as travelled to most of the countries mentioned and met blacks living there, I have no doubt that England is by far the best, it offers more opportunities to blacks and other minorities. if I wanted to be a street cleaner or drug dealer then I will choose other European countries. This is the only country in Europe where u can aspire to get a job as a skilled worker. I have met blacks from France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia who are here in England because of this. My Eritrean friend from Italy told me she thought she was only going to be a cleaner like her mom until she came to England and saw so many black doctors, lawyers, engineers, TV presenters, Bank managers and so on, something she never saw all her life in Italy. Heard similar stories from many of our brothers and sister`s all over Europe. The fact that we can`t see England as the best place by a long mile for we blacks in Europe baffles me. How many Nigerians own their homes in any of these countries like they do in England.
Re: Best Country In Europe! by DisGuy: 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2008
So why aren't naija/African people rushing these 'best' countries, we no like better thing again?

I think best in this case is a bit off- best in terms of what?
Re: Best Country In Europe! by ayomifull(f): 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2008
BabeX:

Honestly I don't know why people feel that Ireland is great.
Its a shit hole. Been there, lived there
Early years were much better, with increased immigration and the influx of asylum seekers things kind of went downhill for us legit naijas.
don't be fooled, u tell an irish pers u r naija, ur worth goes down immediately,
its a beeyootiful county, Galway's grt. But to live there and u r naija. forget it, unless u just don't care!!

I beg to disagree, i am 100% Nigerian and say it loud everywhere and i have very cordial and wonderful relationship with alll the Irish i have been in contact with and mind you i came in as an assylum seeker and today i work with one of the largest companies in Ireland and the kind of relationship i have with everyone in the company is great, so pls
Re: Best Country In Europe! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2008
Albania lipsrsealed
Re: Best Country In Europe! by temi777: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2008
Guys I will like to add my 2 cents to this and here it goes,
a wise person says that"In theory theory and practice are the same but in practice, practical and thory are worlds apart" what is my point:
in theory, Spain is a great place to live for a black person because it is sunnier, but then if sun is the only reason you want to live in Spain why not stay in Nigeria and have it double
in theory Switzerland is beautiful and has the best banks in the world but then in practice you have to have a good living for good banks and nice environment to make sense to you,
why am I saying this? well to be honest there are only 3 places to live for Nigerians, Nigeria , U.S and U.K . in that order every other place "na manage" and that is coming from someone who has lived in Europe for 10 years.
officially there are 3 million Nigerians in the U.K but the actual figure is likely to be up to 15 million why do you think that is?. most Nigerians in U.K have very nice jobs, Doctors, lawyers,Engineer(I am one) ,nurses, e.t.c,most drive very nice cars, own multiple homes and  believe me if you live in a few U.K cities you always have Nigerians around you or within 1 hour drive. in 10 years I have never been asked for my "papers" even once on the street and I dont know who has.
the U.K government has had to close 2 camps set up by thousands of  immigrants trying to "escape" from France to U.K in Calais. some hide under the train and die just to escape from France to London, why do you think that is?, so why compare France to U.K?
Germany? forget, I only know one person who has a reasonable job in Germany. every other person is just trying so many other things, and believe me 90% of those who "attain" German citizenship end up in UK. thats why UK never joined the common border. I even know people who have white Germans mothers or father and yet they are discriminated against because they have half black blood, they had to move to UK .
Switzerland? if you want to live there you better bring your money because you just cant get a decent job there
Spain? how many Spanish are cleaners in UK?
need I say more?
but then what do I know? like someone on this site would say
enjoy
Re: Best Country In Europe! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2008
@ Temi777, you just echoed my thots. The UK is definitely the best if u r yardstick is available opportunities
Re: Best Country In Europe! by temi777: 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2008
thank jare NAIJABABE. IF UK sends us 15 million Nigerians back home and collect their pali just watch Nigerian economy collapse.
if people are offered either of French , Spanish ,Swiss and UK visa i bet you dont have to think twice which one they will take.
there is no comparison, some even compare Ireland, which is a UK "colony" to UK, hmn
I would rather be a subject of her majesty my dear.
Re: Best Country In Europe! by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 29, 2008
I beg to disagree, i am 100% Nigerian and say it loud everywhere and i have very cordial and wonderful relationship with alll the Irish i have been in contact with and mind you i came in as an assylum seeker and today i work with one of the largest companies in Ireland and the kind of relationship i have with everyone in the company is great, so please

U know what im really happy for u! Its usually the asylum seekers that seem to benefit most.
Most of my friends who just like me went to private sec schools and uni here, seem to think differently.
PPl just need to be realistic thats all, besides theres so much negative media about naijas in Ireland.
And by multinational, sure theres loads of naija working in different places.
Dont get me wrong I have great Irish friends but still this didnt prevent me from being racially abused on campus.
Neways we all have different ways of experiencing life.

1 Like

Re: Best Country In Europe! by PeeDaVinci: 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2008
why do people just blindly refer to germany as a racist country - somebody (ies) that has never been to germany just heard that becuase hitler of the 30's and early 40's was a racist, then, the germans of 21st century are racist tooo, and is spreading the rumour and everybody is gullibly believing, have you ever heard on news that german police shot a black man because of his color (and this happens lots of time in the states, france, and uk), can you post any link to a webpage where the statistics shows that germans are more racially dicriminatory than any other european states??
I stayed 2 .5 years in uk , .5 years in holland, and i am now in germany, and i tell you what, germans are more frendly and down to earth with you more than the nationals of these other countries, the problem is just the language, as quite a number of them don't speak english, and their official "work" language is german, if you can speak german, and you qualify, you get the job.
But of course, talking about the most accomodating goverment in europe, that is still UK.
and talking about the best country in europe, --- i dont know- wat looks good to me might sulks to you

1 Like

Re: Best Country In Europe! by informed(m): 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2008
From wat i have heard and sought online myself, i think its sweden and infact the scandinavians cos their economies are strong and good, they've gat good strong markets and economies and seem not to be affected too much by the recession like UK, US and the rest of the big guns. I heard Jobs are readily available. some of my friends have reloctaed from the UK to norway, sweden for better pay and job opportunities.
Re: Best Country In Europe! by kweenchi(f): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2008
which stupid holland? y people dey yarn rubbish on this forum sef? how many blacks speak dutch fluently? what can u do in ur life in that country witout the native language? what opportunities do their economy offer to foreigners? wats d limit to succeed in business in holland compared to other countries?

get to london n check how blacks (especially Nigerians in high numbers) run things legally.

argue with logic abeg, forget ambition, which ambition

What the f,  are you talking bout , idiote.
The reason i said ambitioussss is because you have to be willing to learn the language in order to be succesfull or atleast get a well paid job, if nottt , dont expect anything.  the only reason blacks go to england is because of the language, overcrowded shitplace, so much crime and its so dirty. And what about the poundss,, so freaking expensive, everything there cost twice as much in contrast to europe. If you PREFER all that rubish then by all meanss,
I see so many  nigerians here complaining about this and that, because theyre to proud to learn or to speak the language. They like to get money easily with their illegal businesses. SO THEREFORE I EMPHASISED  THE WORD: AMBITOUS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Mourns Victims Of Lagos Plane Crash, Orders Investigation / 262 Out Of 860 Pilots In Pakistan Have Fake Licenses / Police Helicopter Crashes In Bauchi: AIB Opens Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.