Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Major General M. BUHARI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major General M. BUHARI (1207 Views)

Throwback Pic Of Buhari When He Was Decorated As A Major General. / Esan People Of Edo State Will Not Vote For General M. Buhari / Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major General M. BUHARI by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2014
Nigerians rejected Buhari 3X in the past...I feel he'll be rejected AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: Major General M. BUHARI by egift(m): 11:50am On Nov 13, 2014
VS

Jonathan Enforcing A Regime of Stealing-Is-Not-Corruption

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major General M. BUHARI by sumboty: 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
We Nigerian's have been crying and praying for a change to come, wishing and hope Nigeria will one day be like other developed countries out there!

I AM NO POLITICIAN BUT I DEEM NECESSARY TO SHARE THIS AS SHARED WWHO IS AFRAID OF BUHARI?
I write this because of millions of Nigerians who are below 30 and who constitute a significant chunk of our voting population.
This is the ICT generation that is largely ignorant about the events of the Buhari era (1984-85) and so can be misinformed and misled by needless propaganda. I have sat with many in the under-30 bracket and those slightly above who only have faint recollections of the Buhari era and the level of ignorance about that era is amazing.

Before being MILITARY Head of State, Buhari had been Governor of one of the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military government) as well as Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.

Please consider the following unassailable facts:
Re: Major General M. BUHARI by sumboty: 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
We Nigerian's have been crying and praying for a change to come, wishing and hope Nigeria will one day be like other developed countries out there!

I AM NO POLITICIAN BUT I DEEM NECESSARY TO SHARE THIS AS SHARED WWHO IS AFRAID OF BUHARI?
I write this because of millions of Nigerians who are below 30 and who constitute a significant chunk of our voting population.
This is the ICT generation that is largely ignorant about the events of the Buhari era (1984-85) and so can be misinformed and misled by needless propaganda. I have sat with many in the under-30 bracket and those slightly above who only have faint recollections of the Buhari era and the level of ignorance about that era is amazing.

Before being MILITARY Head of State, Buhari had been Governor of one of the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military government) as well as Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.

>He birthed and supervised the establishment of our existing refineries.
>There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State. It started under his successor IBB!
>In his time as Head of State he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military).
>JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders here to prison.
>Under his watch as PTF Chairman, what he did in road construction in that short period hasn't been matched by almost 16yrs of the PDP rule.
>Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time.
>Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust Fund, Buhari has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders.
>He could have retired into nauseating opulence like most of his counterparts (IBB or Danjuma or even OBJ) but didn't.
>Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he has cast his lot with the ordinary man most of who follow him out of hope and belief in his values.
People who know him have said of him... "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank".

>He is the only politician in the Country today who fills rallies without renting a crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March is eloquent proof!
·He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of the same government.
>He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja .
>Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past eneded up vindicating him!
>The man who was asked by OBJ to take over the running of PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of probing and indicting Buhari, was the one who ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100m of PTF funds! Buhari again, was vindicated
>He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. No one has till today, taken up the challenge. His personal driver of many years is a Christian from Plateau State!
>His government initiated the War Against Indiscipline that has made environmental cleanliness, queuing up, not urinating by the roadside etc features of our national life even till today.
Does it then surprise you why corrupt people would be spreading such heinous rumours about Buhari?
He is a threat to them and they know what he is capable of doing to corruption and corrupt people when he comes into office! So shine your eyes and make the right decision.

If honesty and probity are the things you want for Nigeria, now is the time to choose right.
Now that you know better, will you please educate others
Re: Major General M. BUHARI by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
sumboty:

>He birthed and supervised the establishment of our existing refineries.
>There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State. It started under his successor IBB!
>In his time as Head of State he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military).
>JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders here to prison.
>Under his watch as PTF Chairman, what he did in road construction in that short period hasn't been matched by almost 16yrs of the PDP rule.
>Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time.
>Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust Fund, Buhari has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders.
>He could have retired into nauseating opulence like most of his counterparts (IBB or Danjuma or even OBJ) but didn't.
>Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he has cast his lot with the ordinary man most of who follow him out of hope and belief in his values.
People who know him have said of him... "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank".

>He is the only politician in the Country today who fills rallies without renting a crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March is eloquent proof!
·He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of the same government.
>He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja .
>Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past eneded up vindicating him!
>The man who was asked by OBJ to take over the running of PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of probing and indicting Buhari, was the one who ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100m of PTF funds! Buhari again, was vindicated
>He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. No one has till today, taken up the challenge. His personal driver of many years is a Christian from Plateau State!
>His government initiated the War Against Indiscipline that has made environmental cleanliness, queuing up, not urinating by the roadside etc features of our national life even till today.
Does it then surprise you why corrupt people would be spreading such heinous rumours about Buhari?
He is a threat to them and they know what he is capable of doing to corruption and corrupt people when he comes into office! So shine your eyes and make the right decision.

If honesty and probity are the things you want for Nigeria, now is the time to choose right.
Now that you know better, will you please educate others
Bros, if you must lie, be brief.

1 Like

Re: Major General M. BUHARI by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
That guy na confirmed religious bigot! Ask Wole Soyinka. Abi WS na pseudo-intellectual too? Most people who do not see him as such either have sympathies for the APC or are in it. Even our prodigal son, on loan from the PDP, Amaechi said so much. Hear him:

“Those who describe you as a religious bigot do not know you. Frankly, I used to think that way when I was in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), but all that changed when I joined the APC...'' In other words, the only way one can tell that Saint Buhari is not a religious extremist is to join APC. Sorry, try again in 2019, 2023, 2027, 2031, or 2035.
Re: Major General M. BUHARI by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
Just tell me what GEJ is doing that Saint Buhari would do (or would have done) differently and HOW? Don't come here, or go anywhere else, with that lame slogan 'he is not corrupt'. Na who come corrupt? Abeg, na that wan day make me vex, as if there is ANY court in the land that has indicted and convicted GEJ for corruption! Abi coven don turn court?
Re: Major General M. BUHARI by najoke: 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
is BUHARI the only presidential aspirant

Why are you guys so scared of BUHARI that you keep opening senseless thread up and own.
Re: Major General M. BUHARI by najoke: 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
Abraham Lincoln Didn't Quit

Here is a sketch of Lincoln's road to the White House:

• 1816: His family was forced out of their home. He had to work to support them.
• 1818: His mother died.
• 1831: Failed in business.
• 1832: Ran for state legislature - lost.
• 1832: Also lost his job - wanted to go to law school but couldn’t get in.
• 1833: Borrowed some money from a friend to begin a business and by the end of the year he was bankrupt. He spent the next 17 years of his life paying off this debt.
• 1834: Ran for state legislature again - won.
• 1835: Was engaged to be married, sweetheart died and his heart was broken.
• 1836: Had a total nervous breakdown and was in bed for six months.
• 1838: Sought to become speaker of the state legislature - defeated.
• 1840: Sought to become elector - defeated.
• 1843: Ran for Congress - lost.
• 1846: Ran for Congress again - this time he won - went to Washington and did a good job.
• 1848: Ran for re-election to Congress - lost.
• 1849 Sought the job of land officer in his home state - rejected.
• 1854: Ran for Senate of the United States - lost.
• 1856: Sought the Vice-Presidential nomination at his party’s national convention - got less than 100 votes.
• 1858: Ran for U.S. Senate again - again he lost.
• 1860: Elected president of the United States.

Stop opening useless threads
Re: Major General M. BUHARI by adehsenior(m): 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
DDeliverer:

Thumbs up my brother pls abeg help me tell am shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Major General M. BUHARI by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
najoke:
is BUHARI the only presidential aspirant

Why are you guys so scared of BUHARI that you keep opening senseless thread up and own.

Scared? Nah, we just find it amusing. Saint Buhari—a chieftain of the APC has contested the presidential election 3 times, lost woefully on each of those occasions, and has also decided to make a 4th attempt for the position. I won't even be surprised if there is a 5th and 6th attempt..For Shame!
Re: Major General M. BUHARI by najoke: 1:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
DDeliverer:

Scared? Nah, we just find it amusing. Saint Buhari—a chieftain of the APC has contested the presidential election 3 times, lost woefully on each of those occasions, and has also decided to make a 4th attempt for the position. I won't even be surprised if there is a 5th and 6th attempt..For Shame!
^
here you go ......in case you pretend not to see it

najoke:
• 1816: His family was forced out of their home. He had to work to support them.
• 1833: Borrowed some money from a friend to begin a business and by the end of the year he was bankrupt. He spent the next 17 years of his life paying off this debt.
• 1846: Ran for Congress again - this time he won - went to Washington and did a good job.
• 1856: Sought the Vice-Presidential nomination at his party’s national convention - [size=15pt]got less than 100 votes[/size].

Re: Major General M. BUHARI by major466(m): 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
najoke:

• 1856: Sought the Vice-Presidential nomination at his party’s national convention - got less than 100 votes.

You are comparing Gen Buhari with Abraham Lincoln? shocked shocked shocked

THIS IS THE MOST FUNNIEST JOKE I EVER HEARD ON NAIRALAND!!!!

1 Like

Re: Major General M. BUHARI by mrofficial(m): 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
DDeliverer:
That guy na confirmed religious bigot! Ask Wole Soyinka. Abi WS na pseudo-intellectual too? Most people who do not see him as such either have sympathies for the APC or are in it. Even our prodigal son, on loan from the PDP, Amaechi said so much. Hear him:

“Those who describe you as a religious bigot do not know you. Frankly, I used to think that way when I was in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), but all that changed when I joined the APC...'' In other words, the only way one can tell that Saint Buhari is not a religious extremist is to join APC. Sorry, try again in 2019, 2023, 2027, 2031, or 2035.

Now, we should ask same mad professor? Hypocrites!
Re: Major General M. BUHARI by najoke: 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
major466:

You are comparing Gen Buhari with Abraham Lincoln? shocked shocked shocked

THIS IS THE MOST FUNNIEST JOKE I EVER HEARD ON NAIRALAND!!!!

^
Call it whatever you like.......message has been passed.............DONT GIVE UP NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU FAIL.
Re: Major General M. BUHARI by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
DDeliverer:

tell him pls: he refuse to tell us that buhari put people who criticize his government behind bar without trial, If he said buharism era reduce inflation, he is a big joke
Re: Major General M. BUHARI by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
najoke:

^
Call it whatever you like.......message has been passed.............DONT GIVE UP NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU FAIL.

Ok then...Let's wait till after 2019, because there's no vacancy in Aso Rock..one love.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Transformation Agenda: From Child Voters To Child Soldiers / INEC Releases A List Of 8 More Presidential Candidates For 2015 Election / South East Gained Nothing From Jonathan – APGA Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.