Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,209 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years (3153 Views)

Nigeria Astronaut Will Land In Space Before 2030 - Minister Of Science & Tech / Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion / Nigeria Moves To Put Man In Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by greaterlove(m): 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
politricks:
Sorry for my ignorance but how big was its fuel tank.
According to Newton's first law of motion, " an object will continue with the same speed and in the same direction except another force acts on it". It means when you accelerate a space craft to reach a desired speed it will continue in that speed even when the engine is off.
So the technique is accelerate, reach a desired speed, put off the engine and continue at that speed, the turn it on when you have reached your destination.
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by 9jii(m): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
IfyAwazie:
and who told u by den our oil will remain for dem to demand. Our leaders whould have siphon it finish and transfer d money into dere foreign accounts.
Ok mama
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Where is the missing Malaysian Airline?

Tell them to understudy and master the earth first before embarking on a near fruitless venture.

Earth's diameter is only 12800 Km and yet there are lots of mysteries yet unsolved.

Comet my foot. What is their mission to comet meant to achieve?

There should be a coordinated sequence to scientific studies but this one is a bridge to nowhere same as big band experiment.
This is one of the most foolish comment in a century only from an African man especially eastern origin !!

If not for the whites that told your grandfathers the earth is spherical , they all believe the earth is limitless while thinking in their very thick forest ..... Every night they look @ the moon without knowing what it is , they never know the sun is in the center of our galaxy ..... You wanna ask me the implication of this knowledge then you don't deserve to own a phone nor chating on WorldWideWeb !

Same way your forefather never know the usefulness of Oyel, Cocoa and Gold until Oyinbo brought value to them all !!

By the time the machine discovered something in comet that can change earth and human race for ever then you would be licking their az:z for ever !!

Atleast, if you can't do what they did, you should just acknowledged their effontry, brilliance, intelligent and effort same way all of us are doing here for that shows your IQ is running !!

Up APC, Up Okorocha !!

1 Like

Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by AltarBoy1: 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Psylas:
If to say the thread na "Tonto Dike and Mercy Johnson who wore it better" Oga Seun and his Mods for don carry am enter front page since
What do you expect. Not everyone is thrilled with such news.
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by AltarBoy1: 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
donroxy:
This is one of the most foolish comment in a century only from an African man especially eastern origin !!

If not for the whites that told your grandfathers the earth is spherical , they all believe the earth is limitless while thinking in their very thick forest ..... Every night they look @ the moon without knowing what it is , they never know the sun is in the center of our galaxy ..... You wanna ask me the implication of this knowledge then you don't deserve to own a phone nor chating on WorldWideWeb !

Same way your forefather never know the usefulness of Oyel, Cocoa and Gold until Oyinbo brought value to them all !!

By the time the machine discovered something in comet that can change earth and human race for ever then you would be licking their az:z for ever !!

Atleast, if you can't do what they did, you should just acknowledged their effontry, brilliance, intelligent and effort same way all of us are doing here for that shows your IQ is running !!

Up APC, Up Okorocha !!
No mind the guy. He is just tryn to be little their effort not know he will end up exposing his ignorance. But, you sef, you shld hv tribalize ur statement.
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by AltarBoy1: 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
greaterlove:

According to Newton's first law of motion, " an object will continue with the same speed and in the same direction except another force acts on it". It means when you accelerate a space craft to reach a desired speed it will continue in that speed even when the engine is off.
So the technique is accelerate, reach a desired speed, put off the engine and continue at that speed, the turn it on when you have reached your destination.
Nice one. Just remembered my physics in O'level.
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
AltarBoy1:
No mind the guy. He is just tryn to be little their effort not know he will end up exposing his ignorance. But, you sef, you shld hv tribalize ur statement.
No tribal-zhit about it ... I know Ngwake ...I just wanted to enter his skin so deep so as for him to know his post is so ancient !
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by AltarBoy1: 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
donroxy:
No tribal-zhit about it ... I know Ngwake ...I just wanted to enter his skin so deep so as for him to know his post is so ancient !
ok. Am even surprised by that comment. Cos I knw if its the Ngwakwe that have been pulling weight in this section that made such statemnt, den something must be wrong.
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
the journey was only two days but the project started ten yrs ago, so op change or topic
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by AltarBoy1: 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
studio14:
the journey was only two days but the project started ten yrs ago, so op change or topic
Which journey was only two days. Did you actually read the piece.
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 14, 2014
AltarBoy1:
Which journey was only two days. Did you actually read the piece.
I don't need to read that because I hv been following them from the beginning
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by AltarBoy1: 7:03am On Nov 14, 2014
studio14:
I don't need to read that because I hv been following them from the beginning
Guy... They said humility is a way of learning. Try reading the article again and admit your mistake. How can the probe travel almost 6billion KM in two days. Re-read the article again.
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by Psylas(m): 9:35am On Nov 14, 2014
studio14:
the project started 25 years ago, the jorney was 10 years, 5months and 4days
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 14, 2014
[quote author=Psylas post=28001759] the project started 25 years ago, the jorney was 10 years.[/quote) so my post are read? guys is 10yrs
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by Psylas(m): 10:04am On Nov 14, 2014
@ Studio14, go sit down
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by erico2k2(m): 11:08am On Nov 14, 2014
Psylas:
i don't think it's using fuel, na Solar energy because i read it on bbc that the only prolem they are facing is the solar power, the spacecraft has gone far and no longer recieve enough energy from our star the Sun,
nah it is receiving Sunlight, however only on one of the solar wings cos it landed in such a way that its under a steep cliff, so the shadow from the cliff became a cast on one of its solar wings, but they are thinking of deploring its drill and with the hope it might just shift position BUT its a 50-50 thing it might tip over or fall out of the comet in total as the whole robot weights a gram on the comet cos of low gravity.

1 Like

Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
Psylas:
@ Studio14, go sit down
why
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by Psylas(m): 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2014
studio14:
why
that's when u insited that it was 2days jorney
Re: European Space Mission Rocket Reaches Comet After Traveling In Space For 10years by AltarBoy1: 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
Psylas:
that's when u insited that it was 2days jorney
tell am.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Telegram Unable To Download Movies And Book / Tips On Getting Good Inverters And UPS Batteries. (don't Be A Victim) / Slot Nigeria Price List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.