Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (369999 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by babe4chi(f): 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

I mean the implications of stepping back from the case.

When you dont finish what you started irrespective of your reasons/excuses there is high possibility of being called a failure and other names... we are simply prepared to be called such names. Even before now, we have been called all sorts, accused of many things and our integrity questioned, we just have to accept them.

Thanks.
Thanks sir for this answer.
But I stil want to chip in some other things...
U guys have already started this and by the special grace of God, we re gettin somwhere. If u dnt knw, pple wil stil talk even if u continue or not. But taking your hands off this mission wil cause more sparks..
Please, we've started this already. Let's fight this till d end...
Thank you.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jackpot(f): 10:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
@OAM4J, you once said this and I quote
OAM4J:
@Okija_juju

I like the way you owned TeHN with you your constant use of 'we'. That is the way I want every Nairalander to own and view TeHN.

TeHN does does not belong to few people, it belongs to us all. The success of TeHN is the success of all and indeed the entire Nigerians. The world can see that despite our many differences we are still our brother's keeper.

As a moderator of Politics section and Ethnic section where I see a lot of ethnic rivalries daily, it gives me much joy and hope that when it comes to being our brother's keeper, even some hardened 'tribalist' among us throw away their ethnic garments and all rally in little and big ways to help our fellow Nigerians in need.

Truth is those of us in the management of TeHN can only function when you all rally around us; your contributions and supports motivate us to want to go to the end Nigeria to help a fellow Nigerian in need.

Let us keep being our brothers's keeper, there is so much we can do and achieve when we all come together.

Thank you Nairalanders!
is it possible for we to revive this Nigerian spirit and go to the very end?

Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by edwife(f): 10:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
“If you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear.”

This is sad,very disappointing.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by etomama(f): 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
Plssss TeHN don't giveup on our brother, DJ.
We neeed you to continue the good word andd ignore side talks. It will break his heart to lose d reassuring presence of r231 and co.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 10:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

I mean the implications of stepping back from the case.

When you dont finish what you started irrespective of your reasons/excuses there is high possibility of being called a failure and other names... we are simply prepared to be called such names. Even before now, we have been called all sorts, accused of many things and our integrity questioned, we just have to accept them.

Thanks.
How is it difficult for you guys to move on now?
No one compelled you to handle this case. You showed interest. Now no interest, why hammer it over and over again that tehn is backing out. Stand on your ground and move on. You need not mince words angry

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
You folks should stop begging them please
Stop the pleas

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

Nothing is ruled out or concluded. We only gave the options and presented our own opinions about them. The decision is for the whole house and the new team to make on which option they want to follow.

Please quit the double speak it is becoming very annoying
You are not addressing infants here
On one hand one of you threatens to hand over to DJ's brother after a 24 hour ultimatum if we fail to form a new group and on another edition,nothing is concluded
Where is Chaircover for heaven's sake

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
@babyosisi
Maybe you can help us understand how an amount less than N3million would have covered travelling expenses for 2 people. Paid for the necessary treatments and catered for the living expenses of the family member who would go to India with DJ. And if things did not go as planned and the most dreaded thing did happen, do explain how the same amout would have been used to send a body back to Nigeria?

If you can help us understand how something that requires a budget not less than $30,000 could have been done with a budget that was less than $16,000?

This could really make a big difference.

15 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

Thank you for your good words. As much as we will like to continue with the case fact remains we we simply don’t have the resource to continue. In the absence of a new competent team from NL to continue with the case, we will consider our 1st option of handing over to DJ's brother/family. We believe they can handle the case going forward.

Thank you.

No be una say this?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
Viogu:
@babyosisi
Maybe you can help us understand how an amount less than N3million would have covered travelling expenses for 2 people. Paid for the necessary treatments and catered for the living expenses of the family member who would go to India with DJ. And if things did not go as planned and the most dreaded thing did happen, do explain how the same amout would have been used to send a body back to Nigeria?

If you can help us understand how something that requires a budget not less than $30,000 could have been done with a budget that was less than $16,000?

So you want me to rehash a conversation of 120 pages plus tons of email in a single post?
Sorry I won't
Face the matter at hand
TEHNS wants to drop the ball
Do you want to be the new field rep
That is the conversation now that makes sense

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Fussbot: 10:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:
You folks should stop begging them please
Stop the pleas
should they hand over to you?

12 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
Fussbot:
should they hand over to you?

Oya keep begging and appending thank yous to their posts
They may just listen to you and change their minds and reconsider the patient
Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Tgirl4real(f): 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
taryour:

Awwwwww NO NO NO PLEASE. There is no new competent team anywhere oo. TEHN has more experience than a new team. Where will the new team start from Even Dj brother that you want to hand over to can't work alone on this.

Please have a rethink abeg.

Hello sis, how are you and family? I believe everyone is well. smiley

@ your Post, I believe TeHN has gone as far as it should go. I am a field officer but I haven't been available as I ought. The bulk of the work had to be shouldered alone by only one of us. He has left all his personal engagement and commitments to attend to this case. It has taken a lot from him. Like it has been explain, we do not have the resources to pursue it further. You just have to bear with us.

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
Tgirl4real:

@ your Post, I believe [size=18pt]TeHN has gone as far as it should go.[/size] I am a field officer but I haven't been available as I ought. The bulk of the work had to be shouldered alone by only one of us. He has left all his personal engagement and commitments to attend to this case. It has taken a lot from him. Like it has been explain, we do not have the resources to pursue it further. You just have to bear with us.

Now why couldn't the person who posted initially come out and say this frankly?
Tehns did not ask for a volunteer field worker,they asked to hands off the case for new people to take over
Those are two different things

I hope DJ was informed of the highlighted part since we know he reads the thread

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by tollu: 10:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
Wow! Just wow!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by tchiwinnie: 10:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
Now its very clear how impt/useful Tehn has been.They were abused, bashed etc. They ve made their decision.
Babyosisi mayb u can use this ur vigour to re assemble anoda team to carry on. Members of d team ll b frm among us here, hu hv bn following dis thread.

10 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

So you want me to rehash a conversation of 120 pages plus tons of email in a single post?
Sorry I won't
Face the matter at hand
TEHNS wants to drop the ball
Do you want to be the new field rep
That is the conversation now that makes sense
no im not asking you to tell us again about how everyone else should help look for people that will donate, im just asking how something that would require $30, 000 or more can be done with less than $16,000. Clearly you cannot make plans and pray the balance will spring up from Antarctica. You suggestion was a good idea but the question is how can it be done with funds that simply do not exist?

Maybe you could become the new rep, you seem to filled with so much "ideas and wisdom"

14 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 10:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
Tgirl4real:

@ your Post, I believe TeHN has gone as far as it should go. I am a field officer but I haven't been available as I ought. The bulk of the work had to be shouldered alone by only one of us. He has left all his personal engagement and commitments to attend to this case. It has taken a lot from him. Like it has been explain, we do not have the resources to pursue it further. You just have to bear with us.
I keep hearing resources. What is d actual isssue? What does this resources entail? Perhaps we can work on it and have a way forward
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by sunnshyn(f): 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
Viogu:
@babyosisi

I'm on DJ's side no other persons.

Now bros, if you have followed this thread from the beginning carefully, and seen how people rallied around to donate(God bless them), how Idowu and her crew(God bless them) mentioned people, my brother I think we could have raised the said amount with God on our side...

Somewhere along the line, focus kinda shifted for whatever reason.

To the matter at hand:

Only Tehns and God knows and understands why they have gotten to this point, it's their choice and maybe we all should just respect it and look for a way forward.

DJ is counting on us, same with his family, so I suggest we look inwards and come up with a plan B. No need for more bickering, we all have done enough of that.

We've been told to form a new team, so re-strategizing is what we need now.(It's so sad I am very far away and cannot be there physically), with God on our side success is attainable.

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

Will u just keep quiet for once?! Y don't u take on the case. I never saw dis ID from the start. Where were u? Stop spewing thrash and take on the case.
that's because i was wise enough not to waste my time making suggestions that i know my pocket will not be able to match up to. You should try it too, it works wonders.

13 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
Viogu:
no im not asking you to tell us again about how everyone else should help look for people that will donate, im just asking how something that would require $30, 000 or more can be done with less than $16,000. Clearly you cannot make plans and pray the balance will spring up from Antarctica. You suggestion was a good idea but the question is how can it be done with funds that simply do not exist?

Maybe you could become the new rep, you seem to filled with so much "ideas and wisdom"

I am glad someone answered before I had a chance to
The 16k raised was picked from a gutter and donations had totally seized in November when the call for India was advised
You are so right

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
Viogu:
that's because i was wise enough not to waste my time making suggestions that i know my pocket will not be able to match up to. You should try it too, it works wonders.

NgwAnu why don't you back off and wAit till we start saying RIP then you come back
That won't cost you a dime
Jesus!
Looks like people sentenced this young man to death months ago
People actually support this mindset
Chai
No wonder

8 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
Now we are down to emotional blackmail abi hehehehehe

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
Viogu:
So all the money spent so far was from ur pocket. I never knew o. O yaa continue miss Owobamirin. Please head d new team biko... Ensure u use all ur resources well wise one

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by tollu: 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:
I think I have to backdown abit since some of u have comprehension problem.

You promised to back down but I've seen several other unhelpful posts of your after the one quoted above. Please stick to your words

olu4life:

I keep hearing resources. What is d actual isssue? What does this resources entail? Perhaps we can work on it and have a way forward

After all the back and forth, you're still asking this? Stunning

6 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
aisha2:
Now we are down to emotional blackmail abi hehehehehe

We have fought battles on this thread and I have heard it all ( I thought),I never envisaged however that I will read that the reason the India angle was never pursued early enough was because we couldn't raise enough money to get him there
How do we know that when we never even tried?

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
sunnshyn:

I'm on DJ's side no other persons.

Now bros, if you have followed this thread from the beginning careful, and seen how people rallied around to donate(God bless them), how Idowu and her crew(God bless them) mentioned people, my brother I think we could have raised the said amount with God on our side...

Somewhere along the line, focus kinda shifted for whatever reason.

To the matter at hand:

Only Tehns and God knows and understands why they have gotten to this point, it's their choice and maybe we all should just respect it and look for a way forward.

DJ is counting on us, same with his family, so I suggest we look inwards and come up with a plan B. No need for more bickering, we all have done enough of that.

We've been told to form a new team, so re-strategizing is what we need now.(It's so sad I am very far away and cannot be there physically), with God on our side success is attainable.

This is definitely true that with God on our side success is attainable, but to attain success you will be required to make wise and realistic suggestions and decisions. God helps those who help themselves.

Remember you cannot make plans and decisions on a budget that doesn't exist. You come up with the money first then you make a realistic plan based on what you actually have, not what you hope to have.

Was TeHN expected to just fold their arms and pray DJ survives until the needed amount was raised to take him and a caregiver to India for treatment or where they supposed to do what their budget was allowing them at that time given that this was a state of emergency?

I am just saying this for future purposes. Suggestions are good but lets make sure their realistic and attainable.

11 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
Viogu:

This is definitely true that with God on our side success is attainable, but to attain success you will be required to make wise and realistic suggestions and decisions. God helps those who help themselves.

Remember you cannot make plans and decisions on a budget that doesn't exist. You come up with the money first then you make a realistic plan based on what you actually have, not what you hope to have.

Was TeHN expected to just fold their arms and pray DJ survives until the needed amount was raised to take him and a caregiver to India for treatment or where they supposed to do what their budget was allowing them at that time given that this was a state of emergency?

I am just saying this for future purposes. Suggestions are good but lets make sure their realistic and attainable.

No ma
This case started with zero naira
You make a plan then raise money towards that plan
That is how this case has been handled so far
When we started there was nothing
And that nothing by volunteers grew to millions
It could gave grown to more millions if travel was the focus
It wasn't truth be told

6 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

NgwAnu why don't you back off and wAit till we start saying RIP then you come back
That won't cost you a dime

Jesus!
Looks like people sentenced this young man to death months ago
People actually support this mindset
Chai
No wonder
i have been told wisdom comes with age. So you are awaiting for someone's death so you can just say i told you so. Very mature thing to do smiley

18 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

No ma
You make a Oman then raise money towards that plan
That is how this case has been handled so far
When we started there was nothing
While TeHN was doing what their budget allowed them to, how much did you manage to raise for the trip to India on the side?

15 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
Viogu:
i have been told wisdom comes with age. So you are awaiting for someone's death so you can just say i told you so. Very mature thing to do smiley

No
I am extrapolating from your point
You said it was foolish to make plans towards his recovery because the money was unattainable
In effect you gave up
Why come back in now?
Wait till it will cost you nothing since every other plan costs money
Simple enough

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (168)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.