Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (370199 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 11:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

Sorry but like I said in previous pages,DJs physical state is not OK one bit. Did u see his pics I uploaded?
So are we now to give up? Cos ur last paragraph is looking like that.
Don't give up o! Start acting and less talking abeg! undecided

7 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 11:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:
Nobody has written off anyone

We spent the last few days identifying a treatment plan which we have tabled to the house

We are saying however we cannot continue on this case

The options are to
A Handover the monies less chemo (which will be paid to d hospital) to his family
They will handle the logistics and ensuring he is available

B. A new team is set up to handle it
This team will be given all d funds

Stop giving conditions and simply handover to his family undecided

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 11:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

We spent the last few days identifying a treatment plan which we have tabled to the house

The options are to
A Handover the monies less chemo (which will be paid to d hospital) to his family

The ball is in ur court. Call the shot.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
Sometime last year my primary care doctor was palpating my abdomen and felt a mass,sent me for ultrasound,lo and behold I had a cyst in my ovary.
I went to a gynecologist he told me his TX. Plan
On the day of surgery there was an oncologist and a pathologist stand by because they wanted a quick frozen section of the cyst during surgery to know exactly what it was in order to decide if they will take out all my female organs and some lymph nodes for staging if it were cancer or just the diseased ovary
Thankfully,glory to God it was a benign cyst and I lost my right ovary only.
Imagine if my GYN had said babyosisi i found this large compound cyst measuring 4 cm by 4cm
You must be happy I found it

What good has he done me
You found the cyst and so?
My primary care and radiologist saw it before you.
You saw it,so what are you gonna do about it

Moral of the story

DJ was already sick when he cried out to us for help
When we saw him we knew what he had was serious ,at least I felt that way
It wasn't " running stomach" or malaria
Now we know what it is and we high five ourselves that we got him a diagnosis?
I don't get it

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 11:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
colossus2:

olu4life:

Ok
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by sunnshyn(f): 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

The options are to

Well, I think paying the hospital fees for chemo and handing over the rest to DJ's family makes sense at this point. Some people's initial fear was that they(DJ's family) may not go the hospital way. However, If TeHN pays the bills, then his family will just need to coordinate his going and returning for treatment. Makes sense to me..

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

You call the shot oo... Trying to back out now eh? Ogbeni you are going nowhere!

6 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Lateralmaths(m): 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

The options are to

can't believe this. Has TEHN given up on DJ?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 11:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
colossus2:

hmmm...
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 11:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
Lateralmaths:
can't believe this. Has TEHN given up on DJ?

No one has given up on anyone
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
sunnshyn:

Well, I think paying the hospital fees for chemo and handing over the rest to DJ's family makes sense at this point. Some people's initial fear was that they(DJ's family) may not go the hospital way. However, If TeHN pays the bills, then his family will just need to coordinate his going and returning for treatment. Makes sense to me..

The story is changing
To nu ja
This is not what they said initially
Nobody would have had any qualms if that was what they said
I am following keenly
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 11:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
The story is not changing

Paying the hospital is a transaction
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Winneygirl(f): 11:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

To abandon him at the verge of treatment?
This is not the time to high five anybody
Everybody here contributed to that success in cash and in kind
And if we back off now,we have no reason to celebrate
Yes
There is nothing to celebrate at this point all we have is a diagnosis
It is not celebration time yet

Please...this is no High five...
I have been watching the posts on this thread for 3hours, and all I see are Quitters.
People who back down when things become rough.
People who choose to beat other people when they are down.
People are down and discouraged and instead of us to work around it, we choose to still kick them when they are down.
We seating in our homes are the 'know-it-alls'.
Today, the most vocal person here has not offered a word of encouragement to the Tehn team.
The most vocal person here has 'claimed' to care about Dj, yet has not offered a word of advice or tried to channel a way forward.
So I will celebrate the forgotten versions of the people I met on this thread today.
The people here today, are different from the people who started this thread.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Now its very clear how impt/useful Tehn has been.They were abused, bashed etc. They ve made their decision.
Babyosisi mayb u can use this ur vigour to re assemble anoda team to carry on. Members of d team ll b frm among us here, hu hv bn following dis thread.

THAT THEY DECIDED TO BACK OUT IS NOT EVEN AN ISSUE TO ME BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE BACK OUT AS FAR BACK AS NOVEMBER WHEN WE ALREADY NEW IT WAS CANCER BUT THEY CATEGORICALLY TOLD US THEY TRUST THE DOCTOR AND WOULD TREAT TB ALONE FOR NOW PENDING OTHER TEST. WHEN DO WE BEGIN TO ASSEMBLE A NEW TEAM WHEN THEY HAVE INFORMATION AND REFUSE TO SHARE ALL IN THE NAME THAT DJ IS ONLINE SEEING POST , SO DJ IS NOT ONLINE SEEING IT THAT THEY WANT TO ABANDON HIM NOW ? CLUELESS PEOPLE

HOW CAN A PATIENT BE DIAGNOSE OF CANCER YET WE DONT KNOW WHAT TYPE OF CANCER WE ARE DEALING WITH , I PERSONALLY GOT A CALL FROM HCG INDIA THAT ONE OF THEIR DOCTOR IS IN LAGOS AND WILL LIKE TO SEE DJ FREE OF CHARGE BUT THIS TEHN GUYS REFUSED AND EVEN CALLED ME HCG SALES REP

NOW THEY WANT TO BACK OUT

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Originalsly: 11:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
@OAM4J/TeHN.....tbe bolded is the part I am asking to be addressed.
Originalsly:
Hmmm....so alternative treatment have been ruled out mainly because it is hard to go against the four doctors.Fine.[/b] If we are forging ahead with this 18 week chemo plan....what is the EXPECTED outcome?....and what is this based on?....hope?....theory?...and have they tried this before on other patients with stage 4 or even stage 3 cancer? what were the results and how are they now?.....or is this just an 18 week pain relief treatment? ...referred to as "quality of life?[b]" Shouldn't we know these answers before going down the chemo road? I'm hoping the doctors be asked these questions and be pressed for pointed answers.We can't be passive again.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by r231(m): 11:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
sexysb:

@ bolded. You are right. They've obviously written him off. Or how can you explain the post below by one of the field workers undecided

That is not a nice/wise thing to say........ undecided

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
r231:
Dear Stakeholders

We would like to invite each and every one of you that has a stake in the “Get DJ back to his feet” project to help decide on way forward with regards to DJ’s treatment plan. We have managed to come up with options for you to consider and we will be capturing your inputs for the next 24hrs so we can finally have a definitive plan on way forward.

Recap on where we are at:

DJ has been sick for a long time and unfortunately has ‎now been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. The oncologist at LCC in conjunction with their colleagues in NY has suggested a targeted form of chemotherapy as a means of ensuring quality of life as cure.

The LCC hospital has come up with a quote (Please see attached image) for DJ’s suggested treatment and they’ve recommended that it’s the best way forward.

Options for you to consider

1)      Continue with the treatment plan at LCC: This is the recommended plan by his doctors as they strongly believe it’s the best way to ensure reduction in pain whilst he maintains reasonable quality of life going forward.

He is to undergo a light chemotherapy session for 6 cycles (1 cycle every 3 weeks for 18 weeks).

The cost implication for the proposed treatment plan for the entire 18 weeks is a little over a million (We expect to have some reduction as some of the tests wouldn’t be repeated for each cycle)

2)      Use a cheaper public hospital as an alternative to option 1:   TeHN has already investigated this option before drafting this option paper. Our field worker alongside DJ went to LUTH today (26/01/2015) to investigate the possibility of DJ having his chemo sessions at the hospital.

Challenges:
a)       LUTH will require referral from his prior hospital before he can be considered for the proposed treatment
b)      They are currently impeded by the ongoing strike hence why they can only consult at this point in time
c)       He might need to redo some of the tests and this will certainly incur more costs and in turn further deplete the already tight budget

3)      Investigate the alternative treatment option as suggested on this thread: There are various challenges that will be faced with this option
a)      Time – DJ is still very sick and we don’t think it’s in his best interest to try alternative treatments when there are obvious outside factors such as environment factors, availability of emergency services should in case things turns sour
b)      Resources – We simply don’t have the capacity to support this option
c)       It’s also hard to go against recommendations  made by 4 medical experts that have looked at his case at various times

4)      Re-visit overseas treatment option – TeHN is of the believe that there isn’t much to gain from this option if as suspected the case is at stage 4 and the only effective treatment option is targeted chemotherapy to the affected regions

Challenges:
a)      Money – We simply don’t have a blank cheque and as such have to be practical before uprooting him into an unknown territory. As expected, if the minimum period required for his treatment is 18 weeks, we will have to provide financial support sufficient enough for them to survive for the entire period alongside whatever cost the treatment will incur
b)       Support – Support might not be readily available in a foreign land should In case things doesn’t go as planned

Lastly, TeHN would like to take a step back as we simply don’t have the resource to continue to help manage the case going forward.  In light of this, we would also like you to consider and endorse your preferred choice on how the case is managed going forward

Option A
To delegate all responsibility to DJ’s brother – DJ’s brother has been extremely helpful all through the way and he is conversant with all processes as well as locations.
TeHN would transfer the remaining budget to DJ’s family and whatever support we might have as a group will be provided as individuals as of when needed

Option B
NLers to come up with a dedicated project team that’s capable of moving the project forward - 
TeHN would be able to provide mechanism for funds collection and disbursement with this option but our involvement will be restricted to that alone

We would like to thank each and every one for their support.

TeHN

This is their first post on that subject in it's entirety
See the highlighted in red
That was their position then
Did I miss something
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by sunnshyn(f): 11:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

The story is changing
To nu ja
This is not what they said initially
Nobody would have had any qualms if that was what they said
I am following keenly

I understand how you feel and everyone else...however, I'm a sucker for solutions. Our going forth and back with accusations hasn't done much at all...DJ's still lying helplessly.

Let's make suggestions and move on babyosisi nnemo!

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 11:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
Originalsly:
@OAMJ4.....tbe bolded is the part I am asking to be addressed.

Alternate treatment had not been ruled out for this case
However we will not consider it
The new team is free to consider it if the team Is formed
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 11:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
sunnshyn:

Pay what bills?
How does it make sense?
If the family request for 1million to carry out operation "a", tehn pays the bill right?
Tomorrow they ask for 30k, tehn pays right?
Next week they ask for 5naira, then tehn says no money in the purse again.
So where is the sense here?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by coogar: 11:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:
The story is not changing

Paying the hospital is a transaction

can we make caracta the field worker for DJ-dola?

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
Themaingate:

THAT THEY DECIDED TO BACK OUT IS NOT EVEN AN ISSUE TO ME BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE BACK OUT AS FAR BACK AS NOVEMBER WHEN WE ALREADY NEW IT WAS CANCER BUT THEY CATEGORICALLY TOLD US THEY TRUST THE DOCTOR AND WOULD TREAT TB ALONE FOR NOW PENDING OTHER TEST. WHEN DO WE BEGIN TO ASSEMBLE A NEW TEAM WHEN THEY HAVE INFORMATION AND REFUSE TO SHARE ALL IN THE NAME THAT DJ IS ONLINE SEEING POST , SO DJ IS NOT ONLINE SEEING IT THAT THEY WANT TO ABANDON HIM NOW ? CLUELESS PEOPLE

HOW CAN A PATIENT BE DIAGNOSE OF CANCER YET WE DONT KNOW WHAT TYPE OF CANCER WE ARE DEALING WITH , I PERSONALLY GOT A CALL FROM HCG INDIA THAT ONE OF THEIR DOCTOR IS IN LAGOS AND WILL LIKE TO SEE DJ FREE OF CHARGE BUT THIS TEHN GUYS REFUSED AND EVEN CALLED ME HCG SALES REP

NOW THEY WANT TO BACK OUT

All information will be shared with the new team
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Lateralmaths(m): 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
sunnshyn:

TEHN is this what you've been trying to say?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
Paying for the chemo and leaving the rest for the family sounds like a good idea.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 11:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
coogar:

can we make caracta the field worker for DJ-dola?

If she or anyone is able to handle the duties that will be very good
However a team to coordinate activities still needs to be set up
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Lateralmaths(m): 11:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

All information will be shared with the new team
There will be no new team.

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 11:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
Lateralmaths:
There will be no new team.

OK
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
rayo2002:

Bros please calm down,its talk like this that got us here. They have gotten to treatment stage and I hope the brother can take him for treatment when needed as TeHN keeps control of the purse. It's not easy to sit at someone's bedside for close to a year cos his chemo treatment will finish in May. Make una take am easy

This kind of talk and cursing won't even encourage anyone else to volunteer their time again. We make plans and they change all we can do is look for a way forward.

CALM DOWN FOR WHAT ?

IS LIKE YOU HAVE NOT BEING FOLLOWING US FROM THE BEGINNING

THIS IS THE PLAN B OF TEHN

NOTHING MORE
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 11:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
Themaingate:

CALM DOWN FOR WHAT ?

IS LIKE YOU HAVE NOT BEING FOLLOWING US FROM THE BEGINNING

THIS IS THE PLAN B OF TEHN

NOTHING MORE

OK o. No vex. Continue kwa

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by coogar: 11:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

If she or anyone is able to handle the duties that will be very good
However a team to coordinate activities still beefs to be set up

i think she's capable....
she doesn't get angry easily too - so i don't think she can be got to like people got in mynd's head. the only question is her availability.

caracta - humanity & your country needs you. can you take this role for the sake of the patient? a simple yes or no would suffice.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by sunnshyn(f): 11:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
colossus2:

Pay what bills?
How does it make sense?
If the family request for 1million to carry out operation "a", tehn pays the bill right?
Tomorrow they ask for 30k, tehn pays right?
Next week they ask for 5naira, then tehn says no money in the purse again.
So where is the sense here?

Just take it easy...if TeHN with their consultations with DJ's doctors and if I'm not mistaken with the indian hospital have chosen to go the chemo route, what then are we waiting for?

I'm sure they(TeHN) already have an estimate(please correct me) of the said chemo fee. DJ's family wouldn't be coming up and down for money cos already the treatment bill would have been settled. I'm just making suggestions here. You may please suggest too na...

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (168)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.