Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:08 AM

I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. (12436 Views)

The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. / Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? / I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
sinequanon:

Labels, connotations and emoticons don't further your argument.

If the testimonial evidence from the patient involves describing a bone drill used while they were flatlined, then it is worthy evidence.

You are fooling yourself that scientists have worked anything out. They have made a pure assumption that consciousness is a product of the brain. And you understand the issue so little that you have posted the assumption as evidence that the assumption is true.

And stop pretending that testimonial evidence is not evidence. It has been used in medicine since the beginning of research. In this case, there is no alternative, unless you prefer dogma.

lol....you cant strawman me into accepting your "magical nonsense".

In my place, they say that "a sober man is arrogant to the drunkard"

You are calling me dogmatic because you cant handle the truth that your immaterial beliefs are unscientifc and ridiculous.

There are so many logical/material explanations for a patient describing the drill that was used on him/her when he/she was unconscious. He/she could have had prior knowledge of drills. He/she could have seen the drill before the operation and maybe forgot about it due to the relaxing drugs given pre-operation......
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by sinequanon: 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2014
JackBizzle:

You are the one spouting nonsense here. Scientists have long concluded that consciousness is dependent on the brain. Why? Because everytime the brain dies, the consciousness goes with it. Furthermore, many aspects of conscious thought/activities are linked to various parts of the brain.

I think you lack the intellectual capacity to unscramble your confusion...hence your circular argument.

What you are actually saying is that evidence that A doesn't happen every time can be dismissed, without looking at the evidence, on the grounds that the A happens every time.

Please go and think before you regurgitate whatever you have been brainwashed with.

In such a case, you have to base your assessment on the evidence, not the dogma, duh!

Your scientist in the video clearly mentions anecdotal and testimonial evidence. Please, stop the lies.

You are the one lying. Show me where I said that he didn't.

Over 30 years of research has shown that the brain and consciousness cant be separated.

Rubbish.

JackBizzle:
======================================
I also had a surgery where I described the injection that he gave me when I was asleep/unconscious. There was no out of body experience. It was only a hallucination based on my prior knowledge that my procedure required the injection. I was right about the injection because of a hallucination and prior knowledge of the procedure of my knowledge. But superstitious people will overlook that to claim out of body experience.

Out of body experiences have and will always be rightly dismissed as nonsense.

If it is not testable, observable, measurable, repeatable....it is not science.
=========================================================

Irrelevant.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
sinequanon:

I think you lack the intellectual capacity to unscramble your confusion...hence your circular argument.

What you are actually saying is that evidence that A doesn't happen every time can be dismissed, without looking at the evidence, on the grounds that the A happens every time.

Please go and think before you regurgitate whatever you have been brainwashed with.

In such a case, you have to base your assessment on the evidence, not the dogma, duh!

lol.....I give up grin grin

You are free to believe whatever magical nonsense you want to believe.

However, you will never have testable or repeatable evidence that consciousness can survive without the brain.

Over 2,000 years, you and your religious ilk have bashed the rest of us with your immaterial theory of separation of mind and body (consciousness and the brain). Souls and spiritual energy. Yet, despite all the pressure on scientists to prove or disprove such in the last 30 years, we get the same conclusions that the mind is the product of the brain.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by sinequanon: 6:56pm On Nov 15, 2014
JackBizzle:

lol....you cant strawman me into accepting your "magical nonsense".

I am not trying to convince you. It is a discussion, and I am only commenting on how illogical you are, despite what you think.

JackBizzle:
In my place, they say that "a sober man is arrogant to the drunkard"

.......ok..

JackBizzle:
You are calling me dogmatic because you cant handle [size=16pt]the truth[/size] that your immaterial beliefs are unscientifc and ridiculous.

I am calling you brainwashed because you believe what you have been told is "the truth" for all mankind.

lol, you are ridiculous and simple.

JackBizzle:
There are so many logical/material explanations for a patient describing the drill that was used on him/her when he/she was unconscious. He/she could have had prior knowledge of drills. He/she could have seen the drill before the operation and maybe forgot about it due to the relaxing drugs given pre-operation......

This is the only bit of sense you have typed in this post.

Yes. And if you read carefully, I don't jump to conclusions like you. I say consider the evidence and similar cases.

What you have done is dismiss the evidence on the grounds that you have assumed the evidence must be false. DUH!

Your problem is your materialistic position. It is fragile, and you have to dismiss evidence summarily that may shatter your world view.

I don't follow a god or a religion, but I haven't painted myself into a corner such that I have to turn a blind eye to evidence to prevent a materialistic world view from crumbling before my eyes.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 7:03pm On Nov 15, 2014
sinequanon:

I am not trying to convince you. It is a discussion, and I am only commenting on how illogical you are, despite what you think.

.......ok..

I am calling you brainwashed because you believe what you have been told is "the truth" for all mankind.

lol, you are ridiculous and simple.

This is the only bit of sense you have typed in this post.

Yes. And if you read carefully, I don't jump to conclusions like you. I say consider the evidence and similar cases.

What you have done is dismiss the evidence on the grounds that you have assumed the evidence must be false. DUH!

Your problem is your materialistic position. It is fragile, and you have to dismiss evidence summarily that may shatter your world view.

I don't follow a god or a religion, but I haven't painted myself into a corner such that I have to turn a blind eye to evidence to prevent a materialistic world view from crumbling before my eyes.

On the contrary, I have considered many of the cases of OBE (out of body experiences) and they unnfortunately carry the same failure of the world religions- they are myths based on the culture/environment around the founders/speakers.

OBE's are peculiar to their originating culture. For instance, many Americans/Westerners see a tunnel during their unconscious spell. For Asians, it is mostly loved ones. For many Nigerians, it would be ancestors or someone from the village.

As for materialism, I too know the limits of materialism. In physics, there is the quantum level where things appear and disappear. There is also the idea of antimatter and dark matter. Then there is the immateriality of time.

The difference between me and you is that I am skeptical to claims that do not have strong evidence
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by sinequanon: 7:05pm On Nov 15, 2014
JackBizzle:
lol.....I give up grin grin

You are free to believe whatever magical nonsense you want to believe.

However, you will never have testable or repeatable evidence that consciousness can survive without the brain.

Over 2,000 years, you and your religious ilk have bashed the rest of us with your immaterial theory of separation of mind and body (consciousness and the brain). Souls and spiritual energy. Yet, despite all the pressure on scientists to prove or disprove such in the last 30 years, we get the same conclusions that the mind is the product of the brain.

Nope. You are too simple to understand that there are taboos in science.

And you are locked into this loop of ignoring the fact that SCIENTISTS HAVE ONLY DEFINED CONSCIOUSNESS AS BEING BRAIN ACTIVITY.

Your confusion then leads you into a circular argument, where you think testing for brain activity proves that it is consciousness. DUH!

As I said, your real problem is that you must cling to scientific dogma because you are AGAINST RELIGION.

I am moreorless INDIFFERENT TO RELIGION, so I don't have your problem of fooling yourself that your emotional basis is a logical one. The reality is that you don't have a choice but to dismiss anything immaterial because it would open up the spectre of religion to you.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2014
sinequanon:

Nope. You are too simple to understand that there are taboos in science.

And you are locked into this loop of ignoring the fact that SCIENTISTS HAVE ONLY DEFINED CONSCIOUSNESS AS BEING BRAIN ACTIVITY.

Your confusion then leads you into a circular argument, where you think testing for brain activity proves that it is consciousness. DUH!

As I said, your real problem is that you must cling to scientific dogma because you are AGAINST RELIGION.

I am moreorless INDIFFERENT TO RELIGION, so I don't have your problem of fooling yourself that your emotional basis is a logical one. The reality is that you don't have a choice but to dismiss anything immaterial because it would open up the spectre of religion to you.

grin grin

I know your type- the "I am not religious but I hold some new-age spiritual bullshiit views" guy.

I have explained my stance on materialism in my previous post. I am not an absolutist on materialism.

consciousness is a function of the brain. Try as much as you can to spin that
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by sinequanon: 7:23pm On Nov 15, 2014
JackBizzle:

As for materialism, I too know the limits of materialism. In physics, there is the quantum level where things appear and disappear. There is also the idea of antimatter and dark matter. Then there is the immateriality of time.

The difference between me and you is that I am skeptical to claims that do not have strong evidence

The difference between you and me is that I don't get tangled up with words and come up with circular arguments.

You are not skeptical. You accept ASSUMPTIONS like consciousness is a product of the brain.

You don't even understand that it is an assumption.

You don't understand that the research ASSUMES this assumption. You think it proves it.

Your arguments have been woefully illogical.

On the contrary, I have considered many of the cases of OBE (out of body experiences) and they unnfortunately carry the same failure of the world religions- they are myths based on the culture/environment around the founders/speakers.

OBE's are peculiar to their originating culture. For instance, many Americans/Westerners see a tunnel during their unconscious spell. For Asians, it is mostly loved ones. For many Nigerians, it would be ancestors or someone from the village.

Again, words are confusing you, as well as the fact that your materialistic ASSUMPTIONS paint you into a corner.

NDEs and OBEs are indeed culture dependent (although seeing "ancestors" seems to be common to all).

And, as I said earlier, there are many people cashing in on the interest in these matters, with fake anecdotes.

Until you are capable of CLEAR personal experience, you cannot understand.

A materialistic world view is not conducive to CLEAR experience. It hampered by ASSUMPTION AND CIRCULAR BELIEF SYSTEM.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by sinequanon: 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
JackBizzle:
grin grin

I know your type- the "I am not religious but I hold some new-age spiritual bullshiit views" guy.

I have explained my stance on materialism in my previous post. I am not an absolutist on materialism.

consciousness is a function of the brain. Try as much as you can to spin that

I don't need to spin anything. You are free to choose what you want to believe.

You are an absolutist.

It is fear-based, which is one of the hardest things for someone to admit to themselves, let alone to anyone else.

The reason you are going round in circles repeating yourself, instead of addressing evidence, is to comfort yourself.

And don't try to place me. grin

I am not religious like you that my outlook falls into some "camp".

Unlike you, and your emotionally based outlook, I couldn't care less which "camp" my outlook overlapps with. My outlook is based on MY experience, not on dogma and brainwash! grin

If you are new age, you are automatically religious, because you are following dogma. But I suppose you currently don't have a choice because your "leaders" = gods haven't given you one.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Rilwayne001: 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jackbizzle a.k.a logickboy cheesy cheesy

How far nahh?
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
sinequanon:

The difference between you and me is that I don't get tangled up with words and come up with circular arguments.

You are not skeptical. You accept ASSUMPTIONS like consciousness is a product of the brain.

You don't even understand that it is an assumption.

You don't understand that the research ASSUMES this assumption. You think it proves it.

Your arguments have been woefully illogical.

Again, words are confusing you, as well as the fact that your materialistic ASSUMPTIONS paint you into a corner.

NDEs and OBEs are indeed culture dependent (although seeing "ancestors" seems to be common to all).

And, as I said earlier, there are many people cashing in on the interest in these matters, with fake anecdotes.

Until you are capable of CLEAR personal experience, you cannot understand.

A materialistic world view is not conducive to CLEAR experience. It hampered by ASSUMPTION AND CIRCULAR BELIEF SYSTEM.

So it is an assumption that consciousness is a product of the brain, according to you.

Wow. Just wow
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2014
Rilwayne001:
Jackbizzle a.k.a logickboy cheesy cheesy

How far nahh?

My guy, I just dey.

But why do you have two sides?

One that is nasty to me when you are in the islam section when you are with your buddies?
Another that is jovial when on the religion section.

smiley smiley
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by sinequanon: 7:44pm On Nov 15, 2014
JackBizzle:

Wow. Just wow

Yes, that's the level of your..........logic...........
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 7:47pm On Nov 15, 2014
sinequanon:

Yes, that's the level of your..........logic...........

lmao.

We need people like you in the army. You dont fear death. If even you are shot in the head and your brain starts to leak on the battlefield, you would still be conscious.

1 Like

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Rilwayne001: 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2014
JackBizzle:

My guy, I just dey.

Hmmm, good.

Why did'nt you vote for me despite mentioning your moniker times without number?

But why do you have two sides?

I don't have 2 sides....

One that is nasty to me when you are in the islam section when you are with your buddies?

You know, you enjoy displaying your lipsrsealed in the islamic state.

Another that is jovial when on the religion section. smiley smiley

No.

am just enjoying the match am watching.

Face the person whooping your azz abeggg grin grin
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Rilwayne001: 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2014
JackBizzle:

lmao.

We need people like you in the army. You dont fear death. If even you are shot in the head and your brain starts to leak on the battlefield, you would still be conscious.

grin grin this got me laffing grin
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Hmmm, good.

Why did'nt you vote for me despite mentioning your moniker times without number?

I don't have 2 sides....

You know, you enjoy displaying your lipsrsealed in the islamic state.

No.

am just enjoying the match am watching.

Face the person whooping your azz abeggg grin grin

Guy, move to the left abeg.

This discussion is beyond you. tongue

After all, you believe in souls
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by sinequanon: 7:56pm On Nov 15, 2014
JackBizzle:

lmao.

Your brain is already leaking. You wouldn't make the army. grin
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2014
sinequanon:

Your brain is already leaking. You wouldn't make the army. grin

lol....a "leaking brain" means that the person is dead. But you wouldnt know this because you believe in some consciousness outside the brain.

clown!
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Rilwayne001: 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2014
JackBizzle:

Guy, move to the left abeg.

This discussion is beyond you. tongue

After all, you believe in souls

grin grin then prove its non-existence to the person whooping your azzz.... tongue tongue lol
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 8:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin then prove its non-existence to the person whooping your azzz.... tongue tongue lol

Go and sit down.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2014
Hilarious cheesy
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 16, 2014
Guy, calm down. Their is no need for the ad hominems. Just keep it cool.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by sinequanon: 11:33am On Nov 16, 2014
Reyginus:
Guy, calm down. Their is no need for the ad hominems. Just keep it cool.

After I exposed JackFizzle's circular logic, that is all he had left.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Rilwayne001: 12:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
^^^JackFizzle
JackBizzle:

Go and sit down.

grin grin grin
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
sinequanon:

Really?

Were you not the first to engage in insults?

Also, is saying that consciousness is a function of the brain akin to using circular logic? A well researched fact?
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
Rilwayne001:
^^^JackFizzle

grin grin grin

You think that you are in your islamic section where you can troll non-muslims?

Continue
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Rilwayne001: 2:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
JackBizzle:

You think that you are in your islamic section where you can troll non-muslims?

Continue
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by sinequanon: 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
JackBizzle:

Really?

Were you not the first to engage in insults?

No.

JackBizzle:
Also, is saying that consciousness is a function of the brain akin to using circular logic? A well researched fact?

It is NOT a well-researched fact. That is something you have picked up from the tabloid press like a lot of other clueless wannabe scientists. Even the language you use, like "wow, just wow" is the sort of inane puppet language that has spread through the ranks of two-a-penny lay wannabes, who don't have the intellect to argue their point.

For a start, your position is just wrong. Take a proper research paper, for example..

http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/penrose-hameroff/orchor.html

7 CONCLUSION

Approaches to understanding consciousness which are based on known and experimentally observed neuroscience[size=16pt] fail to explain certain critical aspects.[/size] These include a unitary sense of binding, non-computational aspects of conscious thinking, difference and transition between pre-conscious and conscious processing, (apparent) non-deterministic free will [size=16pt]and the essential nature of our experience[/size]. We conclude that aspects of quantum theory (e.g. quantum coherence) and of a newly proposed physical phenomenon of wave function self-collapse (objective reduction, OR, Penrose, 1994) [size=16pt]offer possible solutions[/size] to each of these problematic features.

That totally rips apart your layman's idea that "consciousness is a function of the brain is a well researched fact".

The above citation should tell you how far science is from establishing a factual model of consciousness.

And you are a sucker for popular reports in the lay press.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22329762.700-consciousness-onoff-switch-discovered-deep-in-brain.html#.VGiwIvmsWnE

"Consciousness on-off switch discovered deep in brain"

This refers to an informal study done on just one person..

Although only tested in one person, the discovery suggests that a single area – the claustrum – [size=16pt]might[/size] be integral to combining disparate brain activity into a seamless package of thoughts, sensations and emotions. It takes us a step closer to answering a problem that has confounded scientists and philosophers for millennia – namely how our conscious awareness arises...

Koubeissi [size=16pt]thinks[/size] that the results do indeed suggest that the claustrum plays a vital role in triggering conscious experience....

So while consciousness is a complicated process created via many structures and networks – we [size=16pt]may[/size] have found the key.

They are hypothesizing. They don't know.

They don't know if consciousness is created or how it comes about. They just ASSUME that it is created via many structures and networks that they can't identify!
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by JackBizzle: 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
sinequanon:

No.
It is NOT a well-researched fact. That is something you have picked up from the tabloid press like a lot of other clueless wannabe scientists. Even the language you use, like "wow, just wow" is the sort of inane puppet language that has spread through the ranks of two-a-penny lay wannabes, who don't have the intellect to argue their point.
For a start, your position is just wrong. Take a proper research paper, for example..
http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/penrose-hameroff/orchor.html
That totally rips apart your layman's idea that "consciousness is a function of the brain is a well researched fact".
The above citation should tell you how far science is from establishing a factual model of consciousness.
And you are a sucker for popular reports in the lay press.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22329762.700-consciousness-onoff-switch-discovered-deep-in-brain.html#.VGiwIvmsWnE
"Consciousness on-off switch discovered deep in brain"
This refers to an informal study done on just one person..
They are hypothesizing. They don't know.
They don't know if consciousness is created or how it comes about. They just ASSUME that it is created via many structures and networks that they can't identify!

Apparently, you cannot read and comprehend.

The first quote is not negating in anyway the fact that consciousness is a function of the brain

7 CONCLUSION

Approaches to understanding consciousness which are based on known and experimentally observed neuroscience fail to explain certain critical aspects. These include a unitary sense of binding, non-computational aspects of conscious thinking, difference and transition between pre-conscious and conscious processing, (apparent) non-deterministic free will and the essential nature of our experience. We conclude that aspects of quantum theory (e.g. quantum coherence) and of a newly proposed physical phenomenon of wave function self-collapse (objective reduction, OR, Penrose, 1994) offer possible solutions to each of these problematic features.

They are not saying that consciousness is not a function of the brain. Actually, they are acknowledging that there are still areas of consciousness that they do not understand or find problematic.

It is just like saying one doesnt know who his ancestors are but he knows the process by which he descended from them- se.xual reproduction. The basics is known but there are more complex issues to answer.

These scientists already know and work with the fact that consciousness is a product of the brain. They just dont know exactly how it arises as a whole. They however know how some parts work- memory, chemically induced emotions etc.
======================================================================

I wont even bother to quote the second quote. The fact remains that the brain controls many aspects of consciousness. Yes, I agree with you that the discovery was hyped and sensationalised by the article but still, the research shows that the brain controls vital aspects of consciousness.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by sinequanon: 7:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
JackBizzle:

Apparently, you cannot read and comprehend.

The first quote is [size=16pt]not negating[/size] in anyway the fact that consciousness is a function of the brain

The article is clearly saying that it HASN'T been established as a fact.

"Not negating something" is not the same as "establishing something as fact", and is just one of your red herrings.

Once again, your logic is horribly haywire -- and you pretend to understand science.

Your double negative is failed obfuscation and distraction.

They are [size=16pt]not[/size] saying that consciousness is [size=16pt]not[/size] a function of the brain.

As I said, this is a straw man argument.

"They are not saying it is not a fact" does not imply "they are saying it is a fact".

The only fact is that you are repeating your own dogma.

JackBizzle:
Actually, they are acknowledging that there are still areas of consciousness that they do not understand or find problematic.

Fool yourself with your own spin if you like.

The article says that they don't understand [size=16pt]critical[/size] areas and the [size=16pt]essential[/size] nature of our experience.

Even the [size=16pt]approach[/size] -- the hypotheses used -- are inadequate to explain these things. They fell at the first hurdle.

So there is NO model, and no fact apart from your dogmatic ASSUMPTION.

They claim that their new HYPOTHESIS at least attempts to explain the areas that earlier hypotheses omitted. That is a far call from having established fact.

JackBizzle:
It is just like saying one doesnt know who his ancestors are but he knows the process by which he descended from them- se.xual reproduction. The basics is known but there are more complex issues to answer.

No it isn't. The article clearly said that [size=16pt]critical[/size] and [size=16pt]essential[/size] elements were omitted.

I think you like to deceive yourself.

JackBizzle:
These scientists already know and work with the fact that consciousness is a product of the brain.

Wrong. They work with it as an ASSUMPTION, not a known fact.

You can keep ignoring the article if you want.

JackBizzle:
They just dont know exactly how it arises as a whole. They however know how some parts work- memory, chemically induced emotions etc.
======================================================================

I wont even bother to quote the second quote. The fact remains that the brain controls many aspects of consciousness. Yes, I agree with you that the discovery was hyped and sensationalised by the article but still, the research shows that the brain controls vital aspects of consciousness.

You are confusing two very different things -- whether consciousness is [size=16pt]created[/size] in the brain or whether the brain is involved in processing consciousness. I am not disputing the latter.

NB "Involved in processing" does not mean "controls".

Again, you invoke illogical conclusions.

How do you hope to follow the argument if you cannot distinguish between these two things.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 17, 2014
sinequanon:

Just take it gentle with him. The boy has got issues. Hello, Logicboy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

End-time Bible Teaching: 50 SIGNS Of RAPTURE/ END-TIME / HINDUISM RELIGION!!! INDIA SPIRITUAL TEMPLE!!! SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS!! / Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.