Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,179 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet (11926 Views)

How Can They Be HARAM? Bowing For Elders, Mawlid Nabiyy, Intercession Etc. / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by yuemai(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
TheLight001:
In the Name of Allah, may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our prophet Muhammad, and upon his household and companions.

As for what follows;

There are people in the world today who say, "O Allah forgive me because of the status of Muhammad (SAWS)” or “because of the right that Muhammad (SAWS) has over You”

Ibn Taymiyyah alongside majority of the scholars of ahlus sunnah wal jama'ah are of the opinion that this type of tawassul is haram, However some scholars allow it.

Those who allow it rely on a fabricated hadith:

"Imaam Haakim and others have narrated on the authority of Sayyiduna Umar ibn al-Khattaab [radhiallaahu anhu] that Rasulullah [Sallallahu alayhi wasallam] said, ''When Adam [alayhis salaam] ate from the forbidden tree, he said, 'O My Lord, I ask you through the right of Muhammad [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] that you forgive me. Allah Ta'ala accepted Aadam's [alayhis salaam] repentance.

Source: (al-Mustadrak vol.2 pg.615; Dalaailun-Nubuwwah of Imaa Bayhaqi vol.5 pg.489; al-Mu'jamus saghir of Imaam Tabrani vol.2 pg.82)

The scholars of hadith classify the above hadith as non- authentic/fabricated.

Even though this type of tawassul is disapproved by majority of the scholars of ahlussunnah, it doesn't reach the level of shirk.

Many people go to the grave of. Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) in Madina, begging him to intercede for them. They say "O Muhammad, beg Allah to forgive me" because this is their understanding of tawassul. When you ask them for evidence of what they're doing, they quote hadith of the blind man, the hadith of Uthman ibn Hanif.

They quote it because the hadith is saheeh. However, they fail to realise that the sahaba begged Muhammad (SAWS) to pray for him, while Muhammad (SAWS) was alive. But when the Prophet passed away, none of the rightly guided caliphs went to his grave to pray to him even though they suffered a lot of calamities.

For example, when Umar(RA) was the caliph, he suffered a drought. Umar(RA) went to the uncle of the Prophet (SAWS) Abbas prayed for rain and it rained.

Narrated By Anas: Whenever drought threatened them, 'Umar bin Al-Khattab, used to ask Al-Abbas bin 'Abdul Muttalib to invoke Allah for rain. He used to say, "O Allah! We used to ask our Prophet to invoke You for rain, and You would bless us with rain, and now we ask his uncle to invoke You for rain. O Allah ! Bless us with rain." And so it would rain.

Source: [Sahih Bukhari, Vol 2, Book 17, Hadith #123]

So, if it were allowed to pray to Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) after he died, why didn't Umar do it? Umar approached a man that was alive. It's called to do tawassul with the dua of a pious man.

Furthermore;

[b]Narrated By 'Aisha: Abu Bakr came from his house at As-Sunh on a horse. He dismounted and entered the Masjid, but did not speak to the people till he entered upon 'Aisha and went straight to Allah's Apostle who was covered with Hibra cloth (i.e. a kind of Yemenite cloth). He then uncovered the Prophet's face and bowed over him and kissed him and wept, saying, "Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you. By Allah,
Allah will never cause you to die twice. As for the death which was written for you, has come upon you."

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: Abu Bakr went out while Umar bin Al-Khattab was talking to the people. Abu Bakr said, "Sit down, O 'Umar!" But 'Umar refused to sit down. So the people came to Abu Bakr and left Umar. Abu Bakr said, "To proceed, if anyone amongst you used to worship Muhammad , then Muhammad is dead, but if (anyone of) you used to worship Allah, then Allah is Alive and shall never die.

Allah said:

"Muhammad is no more than an Apostle, and indeed (many) apostles have passed away before him...(till the end of the Verse)... Allah will reward to those who are thankful." (3.144)

By Allah, it was as if the people never
knew that Allah had revealed this Verse before till Abu Bakr recited it and all the people received it from him, and I heard everybody reciting it (then).[/b]

Source: [Sahih Bukhari, Vol 5, Book 59, Hadith #733]

Many deviants are of the opinion that Prophet Muhammad is not dead. They say, “As far as we are concerned, Muhammad (SAWS) is alive and he has all of his faculties.”

So When they pray to Muhammad (SAWS) in the grave, they apparently turn his grave into an idol.

The following hadith is evidence that the grave of Muhammad (SAWS) can become an idol.

Yahya related to me from Malik from Zayd ibn Aslam from Ata ibn Yasar that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, "O Allah! Do not make my grave an idol that is worshipped. The anger on those who took the graves of their Prophets as places of prostration was terrible."

Source: [Muwatta Malik (1/223) No. 570, Musannaf Abdur Razzaq (1/406) No. 1587, Musnad Ahmad (2/246) No. 7352]

The deviants who call upon Muhammad (SAWS) are worse than the pagans of Makkah. Because the pagans of Makkah called upon Allah alone when they were suffering.

Allah (SWT) says:

And when they embark on a ship, they invoke Allah, making their Faith pure for Him only, but when He brings them safely to land, behold, they give a share of their worship to others. (Al-'Ankabut 29:65)

And when harm touches you upon the sea, those that you call upon besides Him vanish from you except Him (Allah Alone). But when He brings you safely to land, you turn away (from Him). And man is ever ungrateful. (Al-Isra 17:67)

Allah told you that when you call upon dead people, Allah blocks them from hearing your kufr and your shirk.

If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call, and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them. And none can inform you (O Muhammad SAW) like Him Who is the AllKnower (of each and everything). (Fatir 35:14)

Allah said the deviants are worshipping them in the above ayah. So when they call upon them, they are absolutely wasting their time.

Allah (SWT) also told us in another ayah that the grave worshippers are liars and kaafirs:

Surely, the religion (i.e. the worship and the obedience) is for Allah only. And those who take Auliya (protectors and helpers) besides Him (say) : "We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allah." Verily, Allah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Truly, Allah guides not him who is a liar, and a disbeliever.

(Az-Zumar 39:3)

Allah SWT knows best.
maashaAllah, this is apt and sincere, and d most correct explanation (on this thread) of d issue of tawassul. may Allah reward u, n may He guide us aright
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
balispecial:
may Allah reward you abundantly......av learnt a lot...bt my questn is diz; is it allowed 2 use sheikhs like niyaas, sheikh adam etc as waseelah?

Amin to your Du'a, and may Allah reward you too in abundant.

To your question, I will say No. Although we apparently know them to be men of knowledge and piety but their purity before Allah is only known to Him. Unlike the holy Prophet, the Prophets and other righteous servants mentioned in the Qur'an whose purity and status before Allah is revealed.

I think we are safe using what we know and sure of rather than what we are not sure of. Personally I can only use the holy Prophet (peace be on him and his household) and his purified household as waseela. I don't settle for less.

Salam.

1 Like

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
yuemai:
maashaAllah, this is apt and sincere, and d most correct explanation (on this thread) of d issue of tawassul. may Allah reward u, n may He guide us aright

grin grin So the ample sahih ahadith and explanations of Sunni mainstream shuyukh quoted at OP were false and incorrect, and only the fanatic view of the wahabi-salafi is correct?
Funny man. People are not as daft as you people think. Islam talks intellectually and not fanatically.

Salam.

1 Like

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by kasali4real(m): 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
[quote author=AlBaqir post=29418516]

grin grin So the ample sahih ahadith and explanations of Sunni mainstream shuyukh quoted at OP were false and incorrect, and only the fanatic view of the wahabi-salafi is correct?
Funny man. People are not as daft as you people think. Islam talks intellectually and not fanatically.

Salam.

ALBAQIR...Its like ur on a mission to misguide the faint hearted muslims, Why hide under the veil and preach ur SHIA version of islam if it is APPEALING to the human mind.
I am sure SHIA islam is against FITRA and difficult for the mind to Accept.

THE TAWHID OF ALLAH IS THE TRUE ISLAM...Tell us abt ur creed and lets see if it make sense.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by kasali4real(m): 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
ALBAQIR...Its like ur on a mission to misguide the
faint hearted muslims, Why hide under the veil
and preach ur SHIA version of islam if it is
APPEALING to the human mind.
I am sure SHIA islam is against FITRA and
difficult for the mind to Accept.
THE TAWHID OF Allah IS THE TRUE ISLAM...Tell
us abt ur creed and lets see if it make sense.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
kasali4real:
ALBAQIR..[s].Its like ur on a mission to misguide the
faint hearted muslims, Why hide under the veil
and preach ur SHIA version of islam if it is
APPEALING to the human mind.
I am sure SHIA islam is against FITRA and
difficult for the mind to Accept.[/s]
THE TAWHID OF Allah IS THE TRUE ISLAM...Tell
us abt ur creed and lets see if it make sense.

I can see your curiosity, and I commend you. Such is the heart that yearn for answers. This thread, however, is about Tawassul, waseela and shafa'a, not about Shi'i creed. And as you can see all my assertions are 100% sunni based. It is evident that even within sunnis, there are lots of different and counter opinions. So do not play dumb and shift the blames on Shi'i creed.

Should you really want to see and attempt refutation of shi'i creed, the best thread since cyber-attack on NL deleted many threads, where you can conveniently have your say:
www.nairaland.com/1902463/concept-imamah-infallible-quran

Or

@Maclatunji's side talk thread:
www.nairaland.com/1794405/islam-muslims-side-talk-station

Fi aman Illah.

1 Like

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 3:01am On Jan 11, 2015
Albaqir, this sheikh kind of explaining Wasila (tawasul) from 17mins. His explanation is clear and simple. I believe some people went too on tawasul. I also think modern-rigid ideology don't quite understand the concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs0y1RsyyjE&index=9&list=WL

Wasila debate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXjDlAdEeYo&index=10&list=WL
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2015
Empiree:
Albaqir, this sheikh kind of explaining Wasila (tawasul) from 17mins. His explanation is clear and simple. I believe some people went too on tawasul. I also think modern-rigid ideology don't quite understand the concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs0y1RsyyjE&index=9&list=WL

Wasila debate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXjDlAdEeYo&index=10&list=WL

In sha Allah, I will watch those videos and respond later. I watched the video you posted on Tariq Ramadhan grin really he rocks grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Quran Reciter In The World / Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt / Etiquettes Of Visiting The Graves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.