Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet (11927 Views)

How Can They Be HARAM? Bowing For Elders, Mawlid Nabiyy, Intercession Etc. / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 11:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Hamza Yusuf sounds funny here grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFezsaQnzhk
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
Empiree:

On tawassul, I think AlBaqir should reason with Sissie's point right there. I must confess that Sissie's view is as mine as well. At the same time, I can not reject Waseela because Quran itself approves of it. So long as we have other option like calling Him directly since He is All Knowing, All Hearing, All Seeing and All Wise, we are still good. It's just a matter of level of Iman. AlBaqir should at least agree with this. My point however is always about those screaming on internet about waseela being shirk while evidences supporting it are crystal clear. Albaqir presented outstanding evidences.

@bold, I don't think I have ever disagree with that.
Brother, by Allah, I do not in whatever form you might think of, reject this. Please, I beg of you and Sissie google search "dua kumail, dua Mashlool, Jawshan kabir etc". Pls just do me the favor brother. Go through the content. These among other duas are heart of the heart of shi'a muslim. And From the beginning till the end, there's no 'tawassul of the prophet or the ahl al-bayt or the saliheen' at all in these duas.

Personally my humble conclusion is just that I simply can't use or think my deeds, salat, sawm etc are good enough to be tawassul to Allah. In fact, I pray for the acceptance of these acts and not using them as tawassul.

Ma sha Allah! Using names of Allah. If you know Jawshan al-kabir or Du'a Mashlool (which are full of Allah's names as tawassul) then you've known this disobedient servant of the Merciful Lord called Albaqir. Those are my foods.

But what I used most is Muhammad (peace be on him and his ahl al-bayt) because he knows Allah beyond His Asmau'l Husna, and Allah loves him the most to the extent that no prophet had ever claimed this:

Al-Bukhari:
Abu Hurayra said, "The Messenger of Allah (saw), may Allah (swt) bless him and grant him peace, forbade for someone to have both his name and his kunya. He said, 'I am Abu'l-Qasim. Allah (swt) gives and I distribute.'"
Narration is Saheeh (Authentic).
Source: Saheeh Al-Adab Al-Mufrad
Authenticated By Albani. Pg. # 315, H. # 648 / 844.

Just like ONLY Nabi Musa (as) had access to 'meet' Allah on mount of Sinai, during his blessed life whereby all his followers tell musa their needs and requests, so much I put my needs and requests before Allah through Muhammad who knows Him the most.

Empiree:

Those who reject waseela have gone to the point of condemning "Ola Anobi Muhammad" (glory of prophet Muhammad) as shirk. They gone too far.

I go this extra length to uproot these alien thought which spread among muslim brethren. Just like lanrexlan once replied someone "if you want to use tawassul of the prophet, fine; and if you don't want to, no wahala..."
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by MrOlai: 11:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
@Empiree. Thanks.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 11:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
Empiree:
Hamza Yusuf sounds funny here grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFezsaQnzhk

Check this: Response to salafi bilal philip on declaring Tawassul Haram. In fact he said and I quote: "Muhammad is dead and cannot hear you".

And worst still, he condemned tashahud of muslims where we say: "as-Salamu alayka ayu-an-Nabiyy"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5QP8Pr4IA
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 12:00am On Nov 22, 2014
AlBaqir:

And worst still, he condemned tashahud of muslims where we say: "as-Salamu alayka ayu-an-Nabiyy"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5QP8Pr4IA
Yes, i watched this few yrs ago. I basically ignored him. I guess he's trying to dress his 'tawhid'...window dressing. Just that i dont like pitching scholars against each other. I would just mute instead
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 12:03am On Nov 22, 2014
AlBaqir:

@bold, I don't think I have ever disagree with that.
Brother, by Allah, I do not in whatever form you might think of, reject this. Please, I beg of you and Sissie google search "dua kumail, dua Mashlool, Jawshan kabir etc". Pls just do me the favor brother. Go through the content. These among other duas are heart of the heart of shi'a muslim. And From the beginning till the end, there's no 'tawassul of the prophet or the ahl al-bayt or the saliheen' at all in these duas.

Personally my humble conclusion is just that I simply can't use or think my deeds, salat, sawm etc are good enough to be tawassul to Allah. In fact, I pray for the acceptance of these acts and not using them as tawassul.

Ma sha Allah! Using names of Allah. If you know Jawshan al-kabir or Du'a Mashlool (which are full of Allah's names as tawassul) then you've known this disobedient servant of the Merciful Lord called Albaqir. Those are my foods.

But what I used most is Muhammad (peace be on him and his ahl al-bayt) because he knows Allah beyond His Asmau'l Husna, and Allah loves him the most to the extent that no prophet had ever claimed this:

Al-Bukhari:
Abu Hurayra said, "The Messenger of Allah (saw), may Allah (swt) bless him and grant him peace, forbade for someone to have both his name and his kunya. He said, 'I am Abu'l-Qasim. Allah (swt) gives and I distribute.'"

Just like ONLY Nabi Musa (as) had access to 'meet' Allah on mount of Sinai, during his blessed life whereby all his followers tell musa their needs and requests, so much I put my needs and requests before Allah through Muhammad who knows Him the most.

I go this extra length to uproot these alien thought which spread among muslim brethren. Just like lanrexlan once replied someone "if you want to use tawassul of the prophet, fine; and if you don't want to, no wahala..."
I certainly understood you from the beginning.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 11:24pm On Nov 24, 2014
Al-Albani:
Chapter: About Seeking Forgiveness
Aws b. has reported the Messenger of Allah (saw) as saying: "Among the most excellent of your days is Friday; so invoke many blessings on me on that day, for your blessing will be submitted to me." They (the Companions) asked: "Messenger of Allah (saw), how can our blessing be submitted to you when your body is decayed?" He (saw) said: "Allah (swt) has prohibited the earth from consuming the bodies of Prophets (a.s)."
Footnote: Hadeeth is Saheeh (Authentic).
Source: Saheeh Sunan Aboo Dawood. Vol. 1,
Pg. # 290, H. # 1047.

Al-Haythami:
Narrated Abdullah ibn Masoud from the Prophet (saw) who said: "My life is good for you. You will relate to me and it will be related to you, and my death is good for you, for your actions will be presented to me. If I see goodness, I will praise Allah (swt), and if I see other than that I will ask forgiveness from Him for you."
Footnote: Narrated by Bazzar, its narrator are the narrators of Saheeh (Authentic).
Source: Majma Al-Zawa'id. Vol. 8, Pg. # 427.

Al-Bukhari:
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 12:25am On Nov 25, 2014
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
Du'a Tawassul
"In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

O Allah, (please do) send blessings to Muhammad and the Household of Muhammad,

O Allah, I beseech Thee, and turn towards Thee, through Thy Prophet, the Prophet of Mercy, Muhammad, may Allah Bless him and his Progeny, and grant them peace.

O Abul-Qasim, O Messenger of Allah O guide of
mercy, O intercessor of the community, O our chief,
O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy
intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put
before you our open need; O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgment over us...."

www.duas.org/tawassul.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdKnHUZ0ClE
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
^nothing wrong with this
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by mohammad11: 6:54am On Dec 02, 2014
Jazakallahu khayran for d wonderful posts

1 Like

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2014
mohammad11:
Jazakallahu khayran for d wonderful posts

Wa iyyakum brother.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
Salamualaikum The best thing is to avoid it. "for whoever avoid doubtfull matters has saved is religion and honour" (an hadeeth)
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
AlbaniKB:
Salamualaikum The best thing is to avoid it. "for whoever avoid doubtfull matters has saved is religion and honour" (an hadeeth)

Wa alaykum salam. What is doubtful that you want to avoid?
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
AlbaniKB:
some things are as clear as day light to some but cloudy to other. Just bcuz it's doubtful does not always mean don't learn about it. Scholars of the past and present we so much love, both religious or secular studied immensely. This is what I have always being saying that Muslims should not be interpreting Qur'an or Hadith literally.
Those secular professors studied anything and everything. It doesn't hurt studying even if it is evil.

1 Like

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 7:06am On Dec 25, 2014
The many different understandings of "WASEELA" (tawassul). Choose the one that is clear to you....that you comprehend with certainty.

http://askshaikh.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76:what-really-is-waseela&catid=5:category

http://www.ahlus-sunna.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57

I grew up with understanding of former. The later is understandable as well.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
The only hadeeth which permited doing tawasul with the rosul(saw) is daif as said by al-albani in his majmuhu fatawah:
When you ask ask with my status for my status with ALLAH is great (majmuhu fatawah and he called it makdhuub)
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
ALLLAH never addressed the Rosul(saw) using the word "holy" neither did the Rosul(saw) address himself using the word "holy" nor the Sahabah nor the Tabi'een nor the 'atbaha tabi'een, non of them used the word "holy" to address the Rosul(saw). so where did you see your "Holy Prophet"?
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
AlbaniKB:
ALLLAH never addressed the Rosul(saw) using the word "holy" neither did the Rosul(saw) address himself using the word "holy" nor the Sahabah nor the Tabi'een nor the 'atbaha tabi'een, non of them used the word "holy" to address the Rosul(saw). so where did you see your "Holy Prophet"?

Do you doubt the holiness of Muhammad (peace be on him and his household) or you are trying to be strict as per 'terminologies'?

Allah declares in the holy Qur'an:
"...Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with
[extensive] purification."

~sura al-Ahzab:33

The word "al-Rijz" is any form of uncleanliness, physical and spiritual. Muhammad (peace be on him and his household) and his ahl al-bayt were purified from these, hence, they became "holy personalities".

Imam Muslim in his 'Sahih' records:
Chapter: The Virtues Of The Household Of The
Prophet (SAW)'

A'isha reported that Allah's Apostle went out one morning wearing a striped cloak of the black camel's hair that there came Hasan b. 'Ali. He wrapped him under it, then came Husain and he wrapped him under it along with the other one (Hasan). Then came Fatima and he took her under it, then came 'Ali and he also took him under it and then said: "Allah only desires to take away any uncleanliness from you, O people of the household, and purify you (thorough purifying)"
Reference : Sahih Muslim 2424
In-book reference : Book 44, Hadith 91
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 31, Hadith
5955(deprecated numbering scheme)
www.sunnah.com/muslim/44
www.nairaland.com/1513491/ahl-al-bayt-household-holy-prophet
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2014
AlbaniKB:
The only hadeeth which permited doing tawasul with the rosul(saw) is daif as said by al-albani in his majmuhu fatawah:
When you ask ask with my status for my status with ALLAH is great (majmuhu fatawah and he called it makdhuub)

Its obvious you are a lazy type to read or fanatic to your ideology (I don't mean to abuse but I can't just help it). Its evident you read nothing on this thread, you just click on reply button and comment.

There are too many numerous ahadith, Sahih to prove the tawassul of the holy Prophet (peace be on him and his household), during his lifetime and after his demise.
So many academic analysis have been discussed on this thread. I don't expect the display of ignorance anymore. Please if you don't have something academic to offer, keep silent.

Fi Amanillah.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 26, 2014
Salamu 'alikum:
Please can I see the evidences and the scholars that used them before you.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 26, 2014
Salamualaikum brother AlBaqir Pls define Bid'ah using any of the scholar's definition
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 11:40am On Dec 26, 2014
AlbaniKB:
Salamu 'alikum:
Please can I see the evidences and the scholars that used them before you.

Wa alayka salam. That used what before, brother?
* Tawassul or
* "Holy" for the exemplary prophet?

1. As per tawassul, just click this link:
www.nairaland.com/1995895/best-form-tawassul-intercession-using
All you need do afterward is scroll down to read more.

2. As per using the word "holy", for Muhammad (peace be upon him and his household), I've given you the best evidence from the Qur'an and hadith to prove Allah has made him and his household pure and spotless. Whatever any scholar says is secondary.

You will help a lot my advancing your argument so that I will know where to tackle them.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 26, 2014
Did ALLAH say "Holy Prophet"?
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2014
AlbaniKB:
Salamualaikum brother AlBaqir Pls define Bid'ah using any of the scholar's definition

A. Linguistic Meaning of BID'AH:
1) The act of introducing something new.
2) The act of innovating; introduction of something
new, in customs, rites, etc. –(Dryden).

B. Prophetic Meaning of Bid'ah:
On the authority of Aishah, who said :

The
messenger of Allah said: "He who innovates
something in this matter of ours that is not of it will
have it rejected. "narrated by Bukhari and Muslim
And in one version by Muslim it reads : "He who
does an act which our matter is not [in agreement]
with will have it rejected."
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
So where will you categories your statement "Holy Prophet" Remember it is new in this religion i.e not used by the Rosul(saw) nor the three best generation. Or do you have any evidence where they used it?
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
AlbaniKB:
So where will you categories your statement "Holy Prophet"

It is perfectly categorized under ayat at-Tahir (verse of purification) previously quoted (ahzab:33).
Again somebody purified and cleansed is "Holy".

AlbaniKB:

Remember it is new in this religion i.e not used by the Rosul(saw) nor the three best generation. Or do you have any evidence where they used it?

Bid'ah is something 'new with no Islamic basis or foundation'. "Holy" has a basis and foundation under ayat at-Tahir.

Point To Ponder
* Why did scholars and muslims altogether used "RadiAllahu anhum" after the mention of sahaba? Despite the fact that Allah mentioned it in His book in several places, it is interesting the holy Prophet, his sahaba, the tabi'in NEVER used it after the mention of any sahaba.

* In ALL the reported salawat ala Nabiyy, be it long form (i.e Salat Ibrahimiyyah) or short form ("Allahuma sali ala Muhammad wa ahli Muhammad), the order was what 'Allamah al-
Albani (d. 1420H) writes:
"You have known from our previous discussions that in ALL METHODS of making salat upon the prophet , peace be upon him, there is mention of his Ahl al-bayt and his family. This is why it is incorrect to make salat upon him,peace be upon him, ALONE. Rather, one must attach the family to him..."
* Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani, 'As Sifat al-
Salat al-Nabi, vol. 3 p. 933

So why do scholars and muslims altogether continue to use "peace be on him" alone without adding his ahl al-bayt (you can see 'al-Albani himself, who failed to follow his words), and why the addition of "...and all his sahaba" to the salawat ala Nabiyy?
"Peace be on him" - Incorrect since there's no "and his household"

"Peace be on him and his household and all his sahaba" - Incorrect because of the bold.

"Peace be on him and his household" - Correct.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
AlbaniKB:
So where will you categories your statement "Holy Prophet" Remember it is new in this religion i.e not used by the Rosul(saw) nor the three best generation. Or do you have any evidence where they used it?
I honestly have no idea why you so much concern about petty issue. Is using "holy" problem for you?. It's definitely not bidah. I think you people really need to define what bidah is. Your interpretation of Islam just sounds like what I have been telling folks all along, " protestant Islam".
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
So is it sunnah? all I need is an authentic evidence where the Rosul(saw) or the three best generations used it.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 7:17am On Jan 02, 2015
@ 1:35, i love his tune of "Ya Rosullalah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncCswGHcMvQ
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by yuemai(m): 11:44am On Jan 02, 2015
MrOlai:
@Innocent Minds. For the innocent minds following d write-up of d OP Albaqir, he is a chronic shi'a! What he has said so far does not represent Islam but rather represents shi'ism! It is nothing but kufr(disbelieve)! He comes here to mislead & recruit naive minds for shi'ism!
All he has said so far is nothing but grave-worshipping which is a
serious crime in d sight of Allah(SWT). Allah(SWT) says in d holy Qur'an: "Call upon me & I'll answer u." He(SWT) says in another verse dat He is closer to us than our juglar veins & dat He(SWT) is ever ready to answer d call of d caller. So, why visiting d grave b4 u can reach Allah(SWT) who is All-Hearing & All-Knowing, who represents d paradox of being both inclusive & exclusive of d universe! Albaqir is a chronic shi'a. Don't listen to him 4 verdicts on Islam.
thought as much, only d innocent and gullible won't notice how he's maliciously twisting @light001's post. May Allah protect us from people like them
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 02, 2015
AlBaqir:

There's nothing in these noble ayah that contradict the acts of Tawassul. These ayah as rightly explained above addressed the Mushrik (polytheist). They believe in Allah being Creator of heavens and the earth yet they believe in other gods who share his affairs.

Muslims do not believe in other gods. Our tawassul to Muhammad (saws) does not constitute Shirk in anyway because according to ayat al-Qur'siyy and many other ayah, he (saws) has been given permission to intercede for us before Allah. And what we declare is:

"O you (Muhammad) who has closest proximity with Allah, intercede for us for our sins and disobedience keep us far away from him"

Again the word here is underlined "worship". Only Allah deserved to be worshipped. Intercession (shafa'a), tawassul (mediation) is not worshipping.

I hope all these are suffice for heart that really want guidance.

Even in our daily activities, we depend on Shafa'a and Tawassul. Haven't you use your mum to get something from your dad whenever your asking falls into deaf hears? That mum there is a wasila (a mean) to get what you want.

Going into an Office to see and sort your need with a top-man. Becomes nearly impossible unless you see a secretary or vice etc. Why can't you force your ways in those examples without those wasilas?

The enemies of the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) are the ones that formulated the theory of he's just a man like you, he cannot do anything and he's dead. They twisting the noble verse of the holy Qur'an where Allah says:
"Say (O Muhammad) I am just a bashar like you but inspirations has come to me..."

Bashar means Mortal. Muhammad (saws)'s status, virtue, miracles, eloquence, rightoueness, sagacity, etc etc is so high that many around him thought he's a 'divine being' like an angel thereby an excuse can be laid that "Oh Allah Why did you sent an angel to us while we are simply human with limitations; therefore we cannot do beyond our capabilities". This is what brings about this ayah.

And the ayah clarify "... but inspirations has come to me..."
Does an "ordinary man" receives inspirations from Allah? Only the most worthy, the selected receives wahy. Even the quality of wahy you receive depend on your worth.

Unfortunately people follow this alien ideology ignorantly.

May Allah guide our heart aright.

Peace and blessings be on Muhammad, the prophet of mercy, the best among all creature of Allah; and his household, the purified; and righteous among his companions.

Wa Salam Alaykum
may Allah reward you abundantly......av learnt a lot...bt my questn is diz; is it allowed 2 use sheikhs like niyaas, sheikh adam etc as waseelah?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt / Etiquettes Of Visiting The Graves / Parents Attack Daughter With Acid For Talking To Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.