Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 (23439 Views)

CONFIRMED: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by acenazt: 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
Caf ohh how many stadium dey equatorial Guinea?? na just 7 and the biggest is 35000 and the other 5 are 16000,10000,6000,5000 and 4000. Dis must be a joke.

1 Like

Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by femi4: 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2014
gulfer:
Guinea is surely different from Equitorial Guinea, teacher don't teach me nansense.
You must be heavily blind not to understand my post
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by Franchise21(m): 6:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
rickkid:
By the end of the tournament in February, Equatorial Guinea will have scored a massive image coup and Nigeria and the other countries who chickened out will be left with egg on their faces. This was a prime opportunity to project Nigeria positively and display a leadership role on the continent. Imagine Nigeria being the country which bailed out the rest of Africa and put on a great show against all outside expectations. Imagine Nigeria successfully defending the AFCON trophy in front of 68,000 Green and White shirts in Abuja. Imagine the rest of Africa and the world looking up at Nigeria as it would have sent the most evocative statement about our confidence in ourselves and our ability to get things done.
Instead, it's a TINY country like Equatorial Guinea which will now bad mouth us afterward saying things like "What Nigeria dared not do, we did excellently."
When all of you will be complaining that other people badmouth Nigerians, you don't see how things like this create these negative pictures of us.
After we've gone around beating our chests about how we are Africa's first ever $500bn economy and the largest economy in Africa, ordinary 4 week, 4 city tournament which we already have the infrastructure to host, we choose to chicken out.
Country of loud mouth, big for nothing, unsubstantiated egos.
Hold it there!!! Y u ranting?

2 Likes

Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by jezsie: 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2014
Good recipe
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by Leon2036(m): 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2014
some people just keep blabbing rubbish, your country is having an election by February and u want her to host the nations cup in January./February even great Britain would not try such, sum times make we dey think 1st abeg... b/w congrats to E. Guinea...

5 Likes

Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by Ybholy(m): 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2014
Its Good , i think i love that .
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by ewosk: 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
Smh....if u are a decision maker @ CAF knowing the African Terrain..would u award the Hostin right to a nation with a few Weeks to its Elections

2 Likes

Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by robosky02(m): 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2014
Leon2036:
some people just keep blabbing rubbish, your country is having an election by February and u want her to host the nations cup in January./February even great Britain would not try such, sum times make we dey think 1st abeg... b/w congrats to E. Guinea...
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by robosky02(m): 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
on a liter note:

equitorial guenea is an annex of nigeria-calabar

there president is ubong

he has learnt some thing from akpabio on how to host......
and dont be surprise most of there players will come from uyo and calabar

1 Like

Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by iamord(m): 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2014
rickkid:

And when Eq Guinea successfully hosts it with no mishaps (As they will), and then Ghanaians and other Africans congregate here to insult us for being chickens and big for nothing, you'll be the first to complain.
It's not about size.
Giant of Africa is not by mouth alone.

Sharap my friend!!!
So if equatorial guinea .. Will it be the last year in world history Won't it go round. If that's the case let nigeria host it till eternity to prove that you are giant! Rabbish!!!

1 Like

Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by imanuel5959: 11:10pm On Nov 14, 2014
rickkid:

I appreciate your level headed response and I concede that all is not well in Nigeria per se. However, to put it frankly, he who watches the weather will never sow seed. With the exception of maybe Germany in 2006, every single senior FIFA or CAF tournament since 2000 has been hosted by countries which have been heavily criticised for not being "ready" to host. Mali in AFCON 2002, Tunisia in AFCON 2004, Egypt in AFCON 2006, Ghana in AFCON 2008, Angola in AFCON 2010, South Africa in WC 2010, Eq Guinea/Gabon in AFCON 2012, Brazil in WC 2014.
Projecting the image of your country is not only for when your country is already set up and running, in fact it's even more important when your country is facing challenges. People criticised South Africa for spending billions on the World Cup when large parts of the country don't have access to simple sanitary and electricity facilities. People criticised Brazil for the same reason. People criticised Angola in 2010 for that and for hosting AFCON while a civil war raged on in the north of that country in Cabinda. But whether anyone likes it or not now, those countries all successfully hosted and the sky did not fall down. The heavily-criticised South Africa and Angola were in fact considered to host this AFCON before Nigeria. It is forever down on their record as an achievement. Eq Guinea co-hosted successfully in 2012, now in 2015 they will host individually. Nigeria co-hosted with Ghana in 2000 and till now is yet to host again. What story does that tell? That Nigeria had a head start on Eq Guinea and they have now caught up and overtaken us? Is it that Eq Guinea is in any way a better country than Nigeria? Is it that Eq Guinea has no problem with insecurity? Or is it that they have better developed infrastructure than Nigeria? Or better finances than Nigeria? What exactly is the rational reason why in a straight shootout between a giant like Nigeria and a tiny country like Eq Guinea, the outcome will be a victory for Eq Guinea?
No matter how you might want to rationalise this, the fact is that once it became public knowledge that it was a straight choice between Nigeria and Eq Guinea, there is no way Nigeria should have permitted itself to lose face by backing down. In fact it would have been better for Nigeria to rule itself out very early on like South Africa did. Not that we allowed the whole world to see it as Nigeria v Eq Guinea only for Eq Guinea to win. That is rubbish! The sort of naive, short sighted, foolish international relations Nigeria is renowned for.

pls are u alright?
just last month WHO certified Nigeria Ebola free, yet u want us to host AFCON in d face of ravaging Ebola scare in west Africa due to ego/pride.

General elections in Nigeria comes up February and as a patriotic Nigerian who knows our history with electoral violence want to host AFCON due to pride
Above also coupled with our security challenges in d north east with boko haram sacking towns and villages, u want to add extra security burden to our already overstretched security system??
Also note dat Nigeria never submitted any bid to CAF to host any event.

2 Likes

Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by imanuel5959: 11:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
rickkid:

Let me ask you just one question to expose how little you know about this issue.

Which country has been hosting home games for Guinea, one of the 3 Ebola affected countries in West Africa?

Find out the answer to that question and then keep silent because there are far bigger things going on here than you are capable of understanding.

Pls how many Guinean fans attend those matches if any at all??
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 15, 2014
iamord:

Sharap my friend!!!
So if equatorial guinea .. Will it be the last year in world history Won't it go round. If that's the case let nigeria host it till eternity to prove that you are giant! Rabbish!!!
I am not your friend in this life or 100 to come and you might want to mind your language round here you Ghanaian turd.
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 15, 2014
imanuel5959:

pls are u alright?
just last month WHO certified Nigeria Ebola free, yet u want us to host AFCON in d face of ravaging Ebola scare in west Africa due to ego/pride.

General elections in Nigeria comes up February and as a patriotic Nigerian who knows our history with electoral violence want to host AFCON due to pride
Above also coupled with our security challenges in d north east with boko haram sacking towns and villages, u want to add extra security burden to our already overstretched security system??
Also note dat Nigeria never submitted any bid to CAF to host any event.
Before I slaughter you, I suggest you go back and read this entire thread carefully.

1 Like

Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 12:14am On Nov 15, 2014
Morocco wanted to shame Africans but Eq Guinea said no...kudos to CAF in finding an alternative and thanks to president Ubong (dis name no bi calabar name sef) .............
All of una wey dey shout say y naija no host d touney I pity for una thinking faculty.
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by AspDrone(m): 12:46am On Nov 15, 2014
I just dey laff...dem say make I come do waiter and I told dem I will c em later
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by iamord(m): 5:56am On Nov 15, 2014
rickkid:

I am not your friend in this life or 100 to come and you might want to mind your language round here you Ghanaian turd.
using the term my friend does not make you my friend. Next time u talk with sense okay!
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 15, 2014
rickkid:
By the end of the tournament in February, Equatorial Guinea will have scored a massive image coup and Nigeria and the other countries who chickened out will be left with egg on their faces. This was a prime opportunity to project Nigeria positively and display a leadership role on the continent. Imagine Nigeria being the country which bailed out the rest of Africa and put on a great show against all outside expectations. Imagine Nigeria successfully defending the AFCON trophy in front of 68,000 Green and White shirts in Abuja. Imagine the rest of Africa and the world looking up at Nigeria as it would have sent the most evocative statement about our confidence in ourselves and our ability to get things done.
Instead, it's a TINY country like Equatorial Guinea which will now bad mouth us afterward saying things like "What Nigeria dared not do, we did excellently."
When all of you will be complaining that other people badmouth Nigerians, you don't see how things like this create these negative pictures of us.
After we've gone around beating our chests about how we are Africa's first ever $500bn economy and the largest economy in Africa, ordinary 4 week, 4 city tournament which we already have the infrastructure to host, we choose to chicken out.
Country of loud mouth, big for nothing, unsubstantiated egos.

Lol. Guy u funny. Dunno why I feel d need to reply u, maybe its cos I've never seen a full* like u. Jonathan declared for reelection and you all called him insensitive, cos of boko boys, so u want him to host the whole of Africa at this time when the nation is head deep in battle with terrorist? I fear ur mu.mu. if u r from another part of Africa wud u visit Nigeria at this hot time? Secondly if Jonathan brings AFCON to Nigeria now y'all will say it's misplaced priority, that he shud be finding the lost(unlost) girls.............. Una get wahala.
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2014
bizie:

Lol. Guy u funny. Dunno why I feel d need to reply u, maybe its cos I've never seen a full* like u. Jonathan declared for reelection and you all called him insensitive, cos of boko boys, so u want him to host the whole of Africa at this time when the nation is head deep in battle with terrorist? I fear ur mu.mu. if u r from another part of Africa wud u visit Nigeria at this hot time? Secondly if Jonathan brings AFCON to Nigeria now y'all will say it's misplaced priority, that he shud be finding the lost(unlost) girls.............. Una get wahala.
Come back when you learn how to spell "fool". 1diot.
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by BOYNAIJA: 11:06pm On Nov 15, 2014
rickkid:

Patriotic ideal from you, boy. Ideals are different from the real, you know? I understand where you are coming from, ok? We can host the tourney now, u understand!
Coury of loud mouth, big for nothing, unsubstantiated egos.
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by kimco(m): 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
zacknaija:

Fixed, Thank you smiley
u welcome.
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by kimco(m): 1:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
IYANGBALI:
no it is guinea fowl

Oh look we have a clown here. Congrats! U made my dog smile.
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by kimco(m): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
Wale112:

So Nigerians still dont have common electricity in 2014? This cant happen in Ghana
it'll happen in folds. U have no idea wat u're talking about. I'm ghanaian.

1 Like

Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by iamord(m): 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
kimco:

Don't mind that guy$ he has been ranting bs on here
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by kimco(m): 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
rickkid:

"I'm not your friend buddy...I'm not ur buddy, pal......I'm not ur pal, friend.......I'm not friend, buddy"

"Ghanaian turd"!!

Very mature of u...keep it up.
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 17, 2014
kimco:

"I'm not your friend buddy...I'm not ur buddy, pal......I'm not ur pal, friend.......I'm not friend, buddy"

"Ghanaian turd"!!

Very mature of u...keep it up.
Never thought I'd meet a fellow South Park afficionado on Nairaland grin grin grin
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by kimco(m): 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
rickkid:

Never thought I'd meet a fellow South Park afficionado on Nairaland grin grin grin

Lol it's funny how little interest peole have in southpark here on nairaland. I looooooooove the show
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by OXYGENO1: 4:48am On Nov 18, 2014
kimco:
This guy na fool.Mumugerian ape pretending to be Ghanaian. U think Ghanaians are as foolish as nigerians.Your foolishness clearly shows u ar a mumugerian.Ghana wannabe.The fact that u stay in Ghana doesn't make u one.Mumu
Re: Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 by Wisdytech(m): 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2014
AFCON 2015: Where To Get Tickets For Wednesday’s Super Eagles Match In Uyo - Sports - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/2002236/afcon-2015-where-get-tickets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lukaku Hails Osimhen Best Striker In Italy Now, Ahead Inter, Napoli Clash / Sunshine Stars Football Club Players Held Hostage By Fans After Football (pics) / Drogba Robbed In Ivory Coast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.