Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,660 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:51 AM

Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore (5716 Views)

UK: No Bank Accounts For Illegal Immigrants Under New Government Plans / Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria / Dont Travel To Lagos Anymore -no Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by Omoboy(m): 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2006
Please tell anyone coming to the UK that the UK has no jobs anymore.

I know a lot of Nigerians that are really finding things hard here mainly because they came in through visiting visa and have no papers to work. Unless you have papers to work, it is not worth coming.

My people, what do you all think and members in America is it the same?
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by beyunce(f): 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2006
Ok.we hear u thx 4 da Advice
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by OldGlory1(m): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2006
Omoboy

There are still Jobs for Illegals in many sectors in this vibrant economy. Retail,Service,Hospitality,Construction Sectors are always hiring. But please be warned, these are back breaking jobs and you will probably be getting only $7-$8 per Hour. But yeah it has gotten harder to get a job without papers. Back in the days you just needed your SSN number and any picture ID. Now you have to bring a lot more documents even for a retail job.
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by omogenaija(f): 4:29am On Aug 08, 2006
personally i dont think people should travael with illeagal papers, ur head ache will be to much and if u get caught that a big wahala , embarassed embarassed
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by Hunter(m): 5:55am On Aug 08, 2006
Really dumb idea travelling on illegal papers, if your caught here (which people usually are) you are deported and owe the government the cost of the time you've spent in immigration holding (can be months) and the cost of an airfare to return to your country. This cost would routinely be past US$10,000.
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by osteen(m): 8:50am On Aug 08, 2006
Who wants tu travel to dat conservative country any way.

Please can somebody tell me about canada. That is my dream country.

Do dy run visa lotteries
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by waleleader(m): 9:41am On Aug 08, 2006
PLEASE TELL THEM MY PEOPLE

Leaving Nigeria with illegal papers is a waste of resources and energy. if they use such energy on any venture in Nigeria, it would yeild better results
osteen:

Who wants tu travel to that conservative country any way.

Please can somebody tell me about canada. That is my dream country.

Do dy run visa lotteries

who told you that Australia is conservative, fro what i Know, Australians are funkier than canadians.
Aussies and Kiwis are the best mates a guy could have, plus the girls are off the chizzing!
Canadians are nice but thier french accent pisses me off.
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by osteen(m): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2006
is dat so d french might just be sexy u know. turn a guy on to d limit
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by waleleader(m): 9:59am On Aug 08, 2006
french sexy? how now.its alright when they speak french but u listen when they speak english.

Maybe its sexy to girls and gay guys but to me its annoying. Anyway, make we no change topic.lahers
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by Jackal(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2006
@ omoboy,
Why should anyone travel without legal documents in the 1st place?
Ur thread is cracking me up. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by anniebear(f): 11:14am On Aug 08, 2006
At times i wonder why people waste more of their energy in travelling out of the country than in trying to see what they can do for their own dear country undecided angry
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by kajad(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2006
Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore!

You must be joking. No jobs anymore?

Do you know when Jobs Ended in Nigeria? angry

My people will not hear you o! I wish they would
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by CHOCHORI(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2006
this is a true fact, if you are coming to the uk with or without papers without an already job vacancy and no much money, please forget it ! you will hit a hard rock and will regrect ever leaving the boarders of naija.

told lots of my mates but they didnt listen but now they are a hell of troubles. currently theres no job for both people with papers and without papers.both skilled and unskilled jobs.

it will be very hard for a new londoner to secure jobs. dont wnt to push it hard yet.
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by clocky(m): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2006
on the contrary i think there are lots of PROFESSIONAL jobs available for u especially if u have some years of experience and you come in legally.
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by kajad(m): 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2006
So why are you g u ys not trooping back home

We got jobs in Nigerian waiting.
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by waleleader(m): 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2006
kajad:

So why are you g u ys not trooping back home

Why got jobs in Nigerian waiting.

i can assure you that 50% of Nigerians out here want to return home but are either stock or are ashamed of thier meagre achievement. People back home expect[b] so[/b] much of you that if you go back as you are, you'll be regarded as a BLLB(Bo se Lo, Lo se Bo) (he returned just as he left).
and who wants that
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by kajad(m): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2006
walelead:

i can assure you that 50% of Nigerians out here want to return home but are either stock or are ashamed of their meagre achievement. People back home expect[b] so[/b] much of you that if you go back as you are, you'll be regarded as a BLLB(Bo se Lo, Lo se Bo) (he returned just as he left).
and who wants that

lmao grin grin Abeg no make laugh kill me with this your BLLB.
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by soulpatrol(f): 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2006
BLLB. true talk though.
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by waleleader(m): 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2006
people in Nigeria expect so much of you, they think you would have become a millioniare by spending a few years abroad. na so e easy?
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by soulpatrol(f): 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2006
i know eh. within couple of months of landing abroad, they expect you to start sending money. haba! they dont know that one has to work to the bone in order to get paid around here. its not like naija where you can punch in/sign in to work and just lazy around and not work. im tired of people asking me for money! ive got heaps of bills to pay too! im not father christmas aka santa claus!  cool
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by my2cents(m): 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2006
LOL:

I guess this finally settles the argument posed on another thread of whether the UK was better than the US wink
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by clocky(m): 10:35am On Aug 09, 2006
zappking:

no sky is the limitto?igwe-----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://zappking.tripod.com

Mr man abeg stop posting ur url all about this forum abeg
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by LoverBwoy(m): 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2006
my2cents* this doesnt really settle it  grin

I know a lot of Nigerians that are really finding things hard here mainly because they came in through visiting visa and have no papers to work.  Unless you have papers to work, it is not worth coming.

i think that should apply to both countries  grin, there are tons of jobs in the UK ,there are truck loads of polish,slovakian*, and other EU citizens coming in every hour at victoria station. Within 1 week they are working usually before they even apply for the N.I and trust me they work like horses they never get tired

funny enough £1 is like 50 to their currency getting the minimun wage is like gold to them and £1 is like N250 but most people are never satisfied even with dodgy immigration status
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by walel: 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2006
The truth is you cant discourage people from coming legally or otherwise but when dem reach yonder them eyes go clear one time. A word is never enough for the wise in this case na experience be the best teacher oh how i wish i could give visa to all my people wey go dey wahala me make them come here come take their eyes see wetin dem no expect !
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by OldGlory1(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2006
Loverbwoy

I think you mistook me 4 my2cents. Please edit your post!
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by Garuba(m): 8:41pm On Aug 09, 2006
@ Osteen

I live in Canada. The french here sucks because it is bush french kinna like Franglais.

Getting a job in Canada is quite difficult because this country has a lot of specialized skilled areas, you can't work here illegally under any circumstance, if you're caught you will be thrown out. The people that will catch you are the Tax people (I work for them tongue) and they are merciless if you haven't been paying taxes.
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by enolase(m): 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2006
You must have a UK degree or job experience in order to get a good job in the UK.

Anyone leaving Nigerian for the UK should do so using a student visa (in essence, registering for a degree)

This guarantees an automatic work permit (max of 20 working hours a week).

Once you are through with your degree, there will be more than enough jobs.

But if you jump out straight to the UK with no Uk degree or job experience, then forget it. You go really suffer! cry
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by LoverBwoy(m): 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2006
Roger that  grin O.G apologies
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by classiqkid(f): 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2006
Omoboy I totally understand.But then again if yall are really eager to come down here c'mon over and see how it is for yourself
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by classiqkid(f): 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2006
And yall would also be suprised about the amount of nigerians who get stuck here on a 6months visa.Yall best believe awhole lotta ppl do it.Believe it or not.
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by Omoboy(m): 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2006
Classiqkid thx my sister for your contribution its better people come and see Uk and they will understand.
Re: Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore by Radiant(f): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2006
lol, u want to come here without papers, can u imagine, even for a cleanin job they ask for experienced people, this was the funniest thin i ever heard in my life. tho' anyhow sha u might find a job but it will take time and God's mercy,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much To Move To UK / Hajj 2024: Nigeria Gets 95,000 Quota - NAHCON / I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.