Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,516 members, 7,826,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

"Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? (15431 Views)

‘Touch Not My Anointed’ / "touch Not My Anointed" Taken Out Of Context Explained / Touch Not My Anointed & Do My Prophet No Harm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2014
it means give them money
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by tigonana: 8:00am On Nov 16, 2014
I just dey pass by.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by kwamone: 8:01am On Nov 16, 2014
Not meant for sintilated reading.
Where is the time Pastor?
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by unmask: 8:01am On Nov 16, 2014
The keyword is "MY" so you are free to call out any pastor as long as he is not anointed by God
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by justi4jesu(f): 8:01am On Nov 16, 2014
Nairanders dont go to church...........like seriously angry angry
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by clemzo101(m): 8:01am On Nov 16, 2014
Xcellent write up! It explains just what that bible verse means. If we can't question our pastors on issues and doctrines dat does not correspond to the word of God den who will? Nice one op..........1Billion likes

1 Like

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Kunleskey(m): 8:03am On Nov 16, 2014
The cönsequences of those who try or want to harm or touch the annoited man of God will be brutal..in the physical realm
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by cole265(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2014
I have to write a post. Not after making me read all that stuff just for this simple fact.

Touch in this sense is of the negative. You are allowed to touch positively. ...push him out of danger, dust off dirt from him, or speak well if him.

Negative touch, like with the intent to harm, is not allowed. So simple.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Kunleskey(m): 8:05am On Nov 16, 2014
justi4jesu:
Nairanders dont go to church...........like seriously angry angry
bcoz i was browsing the word of God that will make impact in my life
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by veraiyke(m): 8:06am On Nov 16, 2014
Well said. And very true that truth is bitter. Christians do not bother to read the scripture n prove what they have been taught if it is so. We just want to rely on the Reverend Father,pastor or whatever name it bears says so. Very dangerous for our salvation. Why don't you sale all your possessions because he says so. Reason.

1 Like

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by tonquendo4u(m): 8:06am On Nov 16, 2014
Nice one.the bible never told us to think like fools
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by justicesky24(m): 8:08am On Nov 16, 2014
Just passing
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Bantino(m): 8:17am On Nov 16, 2014
Ur current location on Facebook is Europe, Ur School is Uniben, Ur tweet is from Malaysia, Ur NL location is Canada,Ur BBM status is Dubia, and u want God to locate you? Where do u want Him to start from?

1 Like

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2014
zboyd:

The rate at which so-called Men of God falsify, misconstrue, misunderstand and twist Scripture for their own selfish and self-serving desires is nt only annoying but shameful. In fact, it's enough to make Jesus weep for his sheep lost in the wilderness - easy prey for the ravenous wolves of deception - most times through no fault of themselves.

Why don't u go out there and quote one of them wrong rather than perch under that said pastor or man of God nudding ur head like Agama lizard only to come to NL "toilet" to castigate them.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:20am On Nov 16, 2014
Mo dé ibi. I was here. smiley
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by lomprico(m): 8:21am On Nov 16, 2014
The writer is so on point.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by mrbollyton: 8:22am On Nov 16, 2014
So amazing how people are complaining about the length of this post when it makes a lot of sense. Really says a lot about some of us.

I've always loved the Berean example and will not stop calling out all the bad eggs.

Thanks for sharing @OP.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2014
veraiyke:
Well said. And very true that truth is bitter. Christians do not bother to read the scripture n prove what they have been taught if it is so. We just want to rely on the Reverend Father,pastor or whatever name it bears says so. Very dangerous for our salvation. Why don't you sale all your possessions because he says so. Reason.

Ur like that son who said "I will not listen to my father" and yet he want to be successful early in life, what a pitty.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by emperordan(m): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2014
Nice writeup. So many christians indeed do forget their brains whenever it comes to the things of God. They just take the "anointed" words, hook line and sinker. May God help us all. God bless the person that wrote and shared this article!!!

1 Like

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 16, 2014
Very accurate, elaborate and clear explanation.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 16, 2014
Nigeria. The only place where you wake up one morning and claim you were anointed by God and become untouchable.

4 Likes

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by InvertedHammer: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2014
/
It means that if any person wakes up one day and tells u that he has been anointed, then throw away your common sense around him.

If he rapes your wife, carry your sister join.

If he joins armed robbery, defend him BC he is human and humsns fall for temptations. Blame it on the devil, accept his apology and pray for him more.

If he has private jet while u dey manage your legedez Benz, donate more.

Do everything he says.

And if anybody calls out his bs, be ready to sacrifice your life and heap insult on he/she that dares to out "Daddy" or "Mommy's" scam.

Then you will be crowned a soldier of the Bible.

/.

4 Likes

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by holatin(m): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2014
how will I know ? na me write the bible ? ask the man or na woman wey wrote d bible.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by duni04(m): 9:03am On Nov 16, 2014
To the discerning, it means faith in the loving and and protective cover of the almighty. To the foolish it means watching your pastor steal your money, sleep with your wife and tell you jargons, and doing nothing cos you're afraid he's Gods "anointed"
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 16, 2014
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by sistar007(m): 9:08am On Nov 16, 2014
Is it God that said so or King David
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 9:10am On Nov 16, 2014
duni04:
To the discerning, it means faith in the loving and and protective cover of the almighty. To the foolish it means watching your pastor steal your money, sleep with your wife and tell you jargons, and doing nothing cos you're afraid he's Gods "anointed"

You has no right of whatsoever to touch or harm a pastor (the annoited) just like David did. Saul wanted to kill David by all means but David spaired his life. A pastor who sleeps with ur wife is like that Saul is left for u to act like David "The bitter truth"
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by sistar007(m): 9:17am On Nov 16, 2014
When someone comes to tell an educated person that bathing salt and water would prevent him from contacting Ebola, it is like telling a spiritual person that fire (a physical element) would destroy a soul or make a soul without a physical body(after death) feel pain and gnash his teeth. And he will just believe without proving it
Please stop making afterlife feel scary to the Low profile ones
#justdivertingthetopic
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by sistar007(m): 9:22am On Nov 16, 2014
victorazy:

You has no right of whatsoever to touch or harm a pastor (the annoited) just like David did. Saul wanted to kill David by all means but David spaired his life. A pastor who sleeps with ur wife is like that Saul is left for u to act like David "The bitter truth"

That's David giving respect to Saul and he David was respected back

They would have killed him after sleeping with Uriah's wife
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by duni04(m): 9:23am On Nov 16, 2014
victorazy:

And I suppose the Pharisees that Jesus rebuked in the new testament for their hypocrisy were also Gods "anointed"?
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by betrani(m): 9:23am On Nov 16, 2014
God's anointed! Do not disobey God! Our lord Jesus to me is the only anointed man of God to have ever lived the surface of this earth!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! / David Oyedepo Celebrates His 64th Birthday Today / The 6 Bishops Who Left Winners Chapel and their new Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.