Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

"Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? (15435 Views)

‘Touch Not My Anointed’ / "touch Not My Anointed" Taken Out Of Context Explained / Touch Not My Anointed & Do My Prophet No Harm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by zboyd: 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
victorazy:

Why don't u go out there and quote one of them wrong rather than perch under that said pastor or man of God nudding ur head like Agama lizard only to come to NL "toilet" to castigate them.

The power of the pen has been used to uplift the worthy and topple the unworthy - so it is with the internet - a powerful media tool that is increasingly being used to sway public opinion, regarding specific issues that negatively impact people's lives. Why do you think the high, mighty and corrupt fear journalists?

Over here, some Christians (me included) aren't afraid to question the motives of pastors, especially if it concerns their offerings and tithes. Therefore, wise church leaders make financial records available for its members to review on a regular basis. The last thing they need or want is a disgruntled member to make waves concerning the church's finances...or worse get the feds involved.

4 Likes

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by koikoi2(m): 2:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
It simply means Touch Not My Anointed.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Teespice(f): 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
Candour:
I endorse the OP totally and unequivocally.

God bless the writer.

me too.

lengthy article which made sense.

too many men of God hiding under that bible verse to commit all manner of atrocities.

2 Likes

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Asher79: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
To the writer of this piece, I say a big God bless you for saying the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

To the folks here who think that the post is 'too lengthy', you are the reasons for which heretics keep peddling lies and half truths in the church today. Heretical Christianity thrives because they understand that folks like you will never take the pains to read and study the Bible for yourselves. That's the real reason that whenever they preach their hocus pocus, they count on your lazy selves to swallow their lies line, hook and sinker! And what you do is to cheer them on: 'preach it, Pastor!'
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by veraiyke(m): 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
victorazy:

Ur like that son who said "I will not listen to my father" and yet he want to be successful early in life, what a pitty.
wen ur father says go and beat your mother I am sure you will do so for you to be successful
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by bezimo(m): 5:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
God still anoits people today with the Holyghost and with power.when this happens the said people are called Gods anoited, and God doesnt joke with his anoited servants.Any person who go against Gods anoited servant for harm then inevitably suffers devastation.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by kennedyugo: 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
wonderful piece! People should use their God given senses and read and understand the bible so they're not deceived
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Sagamite(m): 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
It means give all your money to your pastor to steal and buy private jet and when people with a brain condemn the pastor, you should defend the pastor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by durojim007: 12:26am On Nov 17, 2014
My take:
Why do we read the bible out of context. Below is from Ps 105:6-15. Who are the anointed here? The anointed here are the children of Israel.

If you are a born again, you are a child of God and if you are a child of God you have the Holy Spirit in you. If you have the Holy Spirit dwelling in you, you are anointed. Acts 10:38 "how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.". Every child of God has a measure of the Holy Spirit in them. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Read your bible and understand what God is tell you. Don't perish because you lack the understanding of God's word.

6 O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.
7 He is the Lord our God: his judgments are in all the earth.
8 He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.
9 Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac;
10 And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:
11 Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance:
12 When they were but a few men in number; yea, very few, and strangers in it.
13 When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people;
14 He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes;
15 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by FarmTech(m): 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
sukkot:
you didnt need that lengthy piece to explain one verse. when people start writing lenghty stuff for one or two verses its because they dont know it and are throwing in lots of fluff to bulk up the piece. all you needed was 5 lines tops wink
If you say that, what will you say about new testament writers that write chapters upon chapters just to prove that Jesus is the saviour? What do you say about preachers that can focus on one verse for chapters? Like someone have already said, some christians forget their brain at home every sunday. They hate reading. They don't want to stress themselves reading long bible topics.
If you have problem with what is written, pinpoint it and let the op explain more. Make a point.

1 Like

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by shaqhead: 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
zboyd:

The power of the pen has been used to uplift the worthy and topple the unworthy - so it is with the internet - a powerful media tool that is increasingly being used to sway public opinion, regarding specific issues that negatively impact people's lives. Why do you think the high, mighty and corrupt fear journalists?

Over here, some Christians (me included) aren't afraid to question the motives of pastors, especially if it concerns their offerings and tithes. Therefore, wise church leaders make financial records available for its members to review on a regular basis. The last thing they need or want is a disgruntled member to make waves concerning the church's finances...or worse get the feds involved.
I concur 100% wt ur piece bt I want to ur comment on hw ur piece relates to d case of Miriam who became leprous "for touchin d anointed" Moses...
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by synergycom19: 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
zboyd:

AGREED!!!

Nigerians or anyone else shouldn't be perceived as stupid.

Smell these fake pastors out.

RAISE YOUR COLLECTIVE VOICES!!!

Down deep you know right from wrong.

Good Christians KNOW what Jesus stood for when He walked the earth.

Listen to your instincts!

Am afraid you are not in position to understand/know who is a false prophet/pastor, it's ONLY BY the HOLY SPIRIT THAT YOU CAN DO THAT
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by synergycom19: 10:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
This is quite interesting,we only have Church Goers not the Good Samaritan ( Christians),CHRIST TAUGHT US TO EMULATES. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET'S ENDEVOUR O READ OUR BIBLES
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by zboyd: 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
synergycom19:

Am afraid you are not in position to understand/know who is a false prophet/pastor, it's ONLY BY the HOLY SPIRIT THAT YOU CAN DO THAT

I disagree. BS is BS. What do you call a person who preaches one thing yet does another thing?

Actions speak louder than words.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by zboyd: 12:07am On Nov 18, 2014
shaqhead:

I concur 100% wt ur piece bt I want to ur comment on hw ur piece relates to d case of Miriam who became leprous "for touchin d anointed" Moses...

Actually, Miriam was struck down by leprosy because she and Aaron, Moses' older brother and sister, spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman he married and for questioning Moses' leadership capabilities - not for physically touching Moses.

Here is a commentary for Numbers 12.

The Dissension of Aaron and Miriam
http://www.enduringword.com/commentaries/0412.htm
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by zylla(m): 6:14am On Nov 18, 2014
sukkot:
you didnt need that lengthy piece to explain one verse. when people start writing lenghty stuff for one or two verses its because they dont know it and are throwing in lots of fluff to bulk up the piece. all you needed was 5 lines tops wink
Seun please kindly program an ''unlike'' button in posts.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On May 20, 2023
zboyd:
Sadly there seem to be few Bereans in our church today. People are quite willing to tell others not to touch the so-called anointed but never spend the time to open their Bibles and see if there is any validity to the claims of critics. It is so easy in this day and time for the purveyors of false doctrines to quote a verse of Scripture and have their listeners swallow it hook, line and sinker, little realizing that the verse is way out of context and their interpretation of it is far removed from it’s original meaning.
But to find out what is true or false they must look into the matter and hear both sides and test both arguments by Scripture before they make a final judgment. “The heart of the prudent acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge” (Proverbs 18:15).
Many so called leaders will tell you to not bother with doctrine since all the ‘proof’ you need is in your experience, yet the Bible states “Whosoever transgresses and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, HATH NOT GOD. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son” (2 John 1:9). Emphasis added.
Another common protest thrown at those who take a stand for the truth is that we are not supposed to judge.
However there are innumerable verses in the Bible dealing with false teachings and refuting the errors. Hebrews 5:14 tells us that mature believers, those who are of “full age,” are those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern (judge) both good and evil.” In 2 Timothy 2:17 Paul not only warns of the heresies of two men, he also names them. Jesus Himself said: “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment” (John 7:24). “holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict” (Titus 1:9). “That you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine” (1 Timothy 1:3).

“He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD” (Proverbs 17:150

Don't fall for the soundbites fed to you by your pastors and mogs, always go back and verify for yourself.
6 You belong to the family of his servant Abraham. You are descendants of Jacob, the people God chose.
7 The Lord is our God. He rules the whole world.
8 He will remember his agreement forever. He will always keep the promises he made to his people.
9 He will keep the agreement he made with Abraham and the promise he made to Isaac.
10 He gave it as a law to Jacob. He gave it to Israel as an agreement that will last forever!
11 He said, “I will give you the land of Canaan. It will be your very own.”
12 At the time God said this, there were only a few of his people, and they were strangers there.
13 They traveled around from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another.
14 But the Lord did not let anyone mistreat them. He warned kings not to harm them.
15 He said, “Don’t hurt my chosen people. Don’t harm my prophets.” - Psalm 105 vs 4 - 15
See from the above that God made that statement regarding all of the children of Israel and the prophets in the land. And that warning was meant by God for all the foreign kings and peoples of the foreign nations through which He took His chosen people? undecided
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On May 22, 2023
zboyd:
■ The rate at which so-called Men of God falsify, misconstrue, misunderstand and twist Scripture for their own selfish and self-serving desires is not only annoying but shameful. In fact, it's enough to make Jesus weep for his sheep lost in the wilderness - easy prey for the ravenous wolves of deception - most times through no fault of themselves.
That has always been the MO as far as the religion of Christianity. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download All Songs By (Ebube Muonso) Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Obimma / An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians / Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.