Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent (21667 Views)

Nigerian Scientist’s Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent / How To Turn Urine Into Electrical Power / Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by mustymatic(m): 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
blemon44:
He's an igbo man

I'm proud to be from igbo land
Another tribal bigot
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Mrfils(m): 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
Piss here! Piss here!!

Spot for Piss people grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by seangy4konji: 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
Incomplete news.
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by lomprico(m): 8:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
datguru:

Tribal bigot
How is he a bigot? He only praised his tribe for achieving a great feat. He didn't insult or belittle any tribe. I think u are the bigot here.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by kingopta(m): 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
Nice work...
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Boss13: 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
Is this guy saying that our urine will now be sold for cash
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Wallie(m): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2014
jamesw:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/186442-nigerian-scientist-s-conversion-of-urine-into-flammable-gases-gets-patent

http://www..com.ng/index.php/more-news/science-tech-news/item/1290-nigerian-scientist-s-conversion-of-urine-into-flammable-gases-gets-patent

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I doubt the patent is worth anything more than the paper it was written on because Nigeria does not substantively review patents and only check for form. In other words, they just check to see that you filled out the forms correctly (name, address, date, etc) and do not check to see if your claim of turning urine into fuel is credible and not done before.

You want to see patents already granted that converts urine into fuel? If you want the same type of patent they guy got, just copy the details of one of the linked patents below and submit it to Nigerian authorities and they'll give you your own patent number because they have no way of knowing better. This is not meant to be a dig on Nigeria; it is just the truth.

https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts&gws_rd=ssl#tbm=pts&q=conversion+of+urine+to+fuel
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Afrok(m): 8:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
Finally, transport companies like .......... Won't be collecting money again for urinating.
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Geenickel(m): 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
COLLECT UR URINES!!!!!......
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by 50calibre(m): 8:30pm On Nov 14, 2014
Very useless invention from a useless country!! Scientist from other parts of the world are focused on making ground-breaking inventions & discoveries, retar*ded Nigerian scientists are focused on something as useless as refining urine.

It was even patented hahahaha, this is a clear case of patenting stup*idity, the paten*t office grants such much quicker.

There's a reason such things don't already exist (except for exhibition purposes) first, how much urine is required to produce at least one cubic foot of flammable gas?

Then comes the issue of practicality, how easy is it to process urine into flammable gas, how expensive is the process & how feasible is it when it comes to rolling it out commercially.

Our scientists are dumb and it reflects on the country. The other day I saw people praising a group of university students who created a large lump of scrap metal they called a car.... It was actually hailed as an achievement. Lool a country of mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by waternogetemeny: 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2014
Rhozabeth:

Thanks! U took the word out of my fingers! Wonder why people don't think about being Nigerian first b4 their tribe!

U need education... We are first Igbo before Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by waternogetemeny: 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
cegxie:

In as much as I congratulate and rejoice with him on this outstanding achievement. I also wish to state that until we begin to see things from the national standpoint, we are going no where as a nation. It should and always should be country first. Nigeria first, Nigeria always.. Tribe has always cast us apart. What is good for the goose is good for the gander Sir.

Until Nigeria sets this example by electing a person from the east president, sorry to say, i will find every reason to be proud of my igbo heritage first.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:
Up igbos
Omo, u dey call 4 wahala.
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by cegxie(m): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
GodMode:

U can't put people that speak different languages and have different cultures together... It won't work... The colonial masters knew and know this very well that's why they united most tribes to form countries to slow their progress.

You are right, they slowed our progress...
But over a period of time we have come to know ourselves more.. Surely we would have found ways of understanding ourselves, if we are to get better. Because until we are no more, we are one Nigeria...WAZO-M-BIA. Let's make it work as Nigeria.. As a nation, not as a tribe or individual!
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by marcus554(m): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
Am proud 2 b a scientist.....loke loke
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Yseone(m): 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
IGBO KWENU!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by shesszi(m): 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
I go buy am and mind u plus the source... LOL
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Calculia: 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
There is a thing in the Criminal Law known as ethnic cleansing, which is systematic forced removal of ethnic or religious groups from a given territory with the intent of making it ethnically or religiously homogeneous. This is a crime that those anti-igbo on this thread are guity of.

We are igbo Nigerians and proud

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Tonylyte(m): 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2014
God bless NIGERIA and not GHANA
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Abelity(m): 8:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
wow...... i bliv so much in 9ja. d best is yet to come. 9ja 4 life
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Abelity(m): 8:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
wow...... i bliv so much in 9ja. d best is yet to come. 9ja 4 life.
FIRST TO COMMENT from bhind
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by izikjon(m): 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2014
Thumbs up....
something good will always come out of Nazareth
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by kenex4ever(m): 9:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
Whenever dey say a nigerian did something, Igbos n yorubas will rush to check d name, if d person is dia tribe n it's good news dey comment if it is bad news dey close d page. LoL

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Chibokgame: 9:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
Abeg which country follow recognize this patent ?

Does America know about it ?
I'm just asking . z

But any which way, thank God for the good news and the patents number .
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by calcal: 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
and flammable gas will be easy way to cure Ebola patients.
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by lonelydora: 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2014
Keep it up my BIAFRAN brother.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by ucheends(m): 9:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
blemon44:
He's an igbo man

he is frm anambra , an aguata son, from isuofia . Yessssssss. Its like in d gene. Prof Soludos kinsman

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by ucheends(m): 9:28pm On Nov 14, 2014
blemon44:
He's an igbo man

he is frm anambra , an aguata son, from isuofia . Yessssssss. Its like in d gene. Prof Soludos kinsman . Proud of my Secondary schoolmate frm css isuofia
Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 14, 2014
blemon44:
He's an igbo man

[size=13pt]But he isn't you wink. Every man for himself at the end of the day, smell the coffee!!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by ebonysmoot(f): 9:30pm On Nov 14, 2014
A successful igbo with a beautiful yoruba woman behind him. Am so proud of nwosu and bola . Kudos

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by blemon44(m): 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2014
chrisbaba1:

[size=13pt]But he isn't you wink. Every man for himself at the end of the day, smell the coffee!!![/size]

yeah i know and he can't be me cos i'm proud of who i am and i'm also proud of him

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent by farem: 9:37pm On Nov 14, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]
blemon44:
He's an igbo man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Hard Reset An Android Device With A Chinese Recovery Menu / Create New Yahoomail.com Account - Yahoo Registration Website Page For Signup / Simple Working Tricks/steps To Unblock Your Facebook Blocked Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.