Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,614 members, 7,827,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study (1514 Views)

We’ll Use Recovered Money To Create Jobs For Youths – Buhari / We Are Fighting Corruption To Secure The Future Of Nigeria's Youths- Buhari / I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by thomasthomas: 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
Anybody within the age bracket of 18 and 45 is considered a youth. Youths are the ones that are in charge of affairs of their various countries around the world! UK - Cameron and Clegg, US - Obama, France - Hollande, Ukraine and a host of other countries with young presidents. When you see them at the UN summit, the look sharp, smart and deliver their speeches with so much flare.

For Buhari to contest elections in 2015, after being head of state means that the youths lack the capacity, honesty, integrity etc to assume affairs of the country, that is why a man like Buhari given his track record in public office can still come out today and contest elections and garner support because he is still the man with a clean track record.

What have the Nigerian youths been doing for thirty (30) years? shocked So for thirty years the Nigerian youths did not develop the required leadership skills to steer the country to greatness. This is really sad! At this point in time nobody should fault the General who should be at home playing with his grandchildren rather than contesting elections because the so called Nigerian youths have failed! Bankole, Lawan, Otedola, Attang comes to mind and a host of others.

Is there no Nigerian youth that can tell the General, Please Sir, I have the capacity to lead this country, go and have fun with your grandchildren?

If no one can say that, then shame on Nigerian youths! angry angry

- thomasthomas

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by chachazzy(m): 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2014
Shame on you too

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by thomasthomas: 11:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
chachazzy:
Shame on you too
I am not a youth, I 'm only 17 years old cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by chachazzy(m): 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2014
thomasthomas:
clap for yourself

1 Like

Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by thomasthomas: 11:23pm On Nov 14, 2014
grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
chachazzy:

clap for yourself
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by tobillionaire(m): 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
thomasthomas:
,,, wah abt ur dad.... Js asking
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by thomasthomas: 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2014
Why can't Nigerian youths engage in intellectual discussions devoid of abuses and name calling! You have not said anything about the points raised in the post. Are you guys so dumb? I don't get it.
tobillionaire:
,,, wah abt ur dad.... Js asking

1 Like

Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 14, 2014
OP how many youth have N27 million to buy nomination form? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by tobillionaire(m): 11:32pm On Nov 14, 2014
thomasthomas:
Why can't Nigerian youths engage in intellectual discussions devoid of abuses and name calling! You have not said anything about the points raised in the post. Are you guys so dumb? I don't get it.
google search... Nigeria has nt gotten to a stage where youths can rule it.... All dis oold men. In power must die b4 dat can b possible
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by ediko5(m): 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
There's nothing really wrong for an aged person like Buhari to contest but rather the character is what we should look out for.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by sulmeza(m): 11:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
U actually made it luk lyk he's presidnt alredi...he's nt nd he wont be...jt an aspirant,as always

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by thomasthomas: 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
sulmeza:
U actually made it luk lyk he's presidnt alredi...he's nt nd he wont be...jt an aspirant,as always
Yes he is an aspirant but why should he aspire if there are youths that are capable?
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by Nextlevel0007(m): 11:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
rudedough:
OP how many youth have N27 million to buy nomination form? undecided

What if the "loan" was use to get the nomination form for a competent youth?
Btw,,, Op is it that you lack the capacity, honesty, integrity etc to assume affairs of the country too? Shame on you!!!!
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by sulmeza(m): 12:07am On Nov 15, 2014
thomasthomas:
Yes he is an aspirant but why should he aspire if there are youths that are capable?
dat's his problem...it's left 4 us,the youths to decide if to vote him or nt.....personally howeva,i'l luv it,if d age tin is included as one of d criteria
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by thomasthomas: 6:17am On Nov 15, 2014
sulmeza:
dat's his problem...it's left 4 us,the youths to decide if to vote him or nt.....personally howeva,i'l luv it,if d age tin is included as one of d criteria
The youths have failed! He remains one of the credible candidates in that election. His records speaks for him.

The youths should restrategize and develop leadership skills not tricks how to inflate contracts and mismanagement of funds.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by thomasthomas: 6:23am On Nov 15, 2014
Nextlevel0007:

What if the "loan" was use to get the nomination form for a competent youth?
Btw,,, Op is it that you lack the capacity, honesty, integrity etc to assume affairs of the country too? Shame on you!!!!
yes I might not assume the affairs of the country yet but where I am, people can attest these qualities

Even common SUG and NANS officials are corrupt and they embezzle student funds, use it to build houses and buy cars for themselves etc. Is that the set of people that can lead this country and take it to greatness? No.

Hence, Buhari has to come!

Where you are oga, how transparent and honest are you?
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by southsouthman: 7:13am On Nov 15, 2014
Buhari is not contesting because the youths are corrupt. He is contesting because he is a very selfish and jealous person. Selfish because he thinks he is best without knowing he has lost out of contemporary issues yet the man sees himself as the best. He does not believe in any other person. Jealous because he is poorest ex. He wants to be president so he annex all the annexables and become rich and influential like the former heads of state.

1 Like

Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by thomasthomas: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2014
southsouthman:
Buhari is not contesting because the youths are corrupt. He is contesting because he is a very selfish and jealous person. Selfish because he thinks he is best without knowing he has lost out of contemporary issues yet the man sees himself as the best. He does not believe in any other person. Jealous because he is poorest ex. He wants to be president so he annex all the annexables and become rich and influential like the former heads of state.
Hahaha.... You are the one that has lost out of contemporary issues!

Name just 10 Nigerian youths out of the millions that you can propose to contest based on their track record in public or private sector in Nigeria today! A hardworking youth with the capacity to lead, honest, man or woman of integrity, disciplined etc

Just 10! cool
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by greaterlove(m): 9:41am On Nov 15, 2014
OP don't you think Buhari is a failure if at the age of about 72 he does not have any young man or woman, who he has developed over the years? Someone he can throw all is weight behind and say " this is my beloved son or daughter, support him or her to lead this country well".
How can we have young leaders when the older ones have refused to develop the younger ones.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by Ovamboland(m): 11:26am On Nov 15, 2014
southsouthman:

If you have a brain that can think, you should be able to ask yourself why he didn't steal that money in 30's when he was Federal Commissioner of petroleum and built 2 refineries and issued oil prospecting licences without the usual 10 or 20% cut, in his 40's as Head of state for 20 months, paying back Nigeria's debts instead of building up his Swiss account and in 50's as PDTF chairman controlling the disbursement of billions of Naira for projects during Abacha's government where stealing was rife and common place.

If he didn't make money at that time it will have more meaning to his life if he wants as many girl friends, fly private jets, go on vacation in private chateaus, what will he need stolen funds for in his 70's? Most Nigerians don't wait for second chance to loot us blind, they strike at the first opportunity. this man had 3 major chances and did not loot like Abdulsalam who looted all he can in his about 1 year government and retired comfortably. What indicates he will change and start looting 2015?
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by Ovamboland(m): 11:30am On Nov 15, 2014
greaterlove:
OP don't you think Buhari is a failure if at the age of about 72 he does not have any young man or woman, who he has developed over the years? Someone he can throw all is weight behind and say " this is my beloved son or daughter, support him or her to lead this country well".
How can we have young leaders when the older ones have refused to develop the younger ones.

And why do you think Ronald Reagan one of USA's most successful president did not project a younger man when he became president 1980 for the first time in his 70's. This happen after 20 years earlier Kennedy had been president in his 40's.

Character is the issue not age, young person without character as we have presently is a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by thomasthomas: 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
Ovamboland:

If you have a brain that can think, you should be able to ask yourself why he didn't steal that money in 30's when he was Federal Commissioner of petroleum and built 2 refineries and issued oil prospecting licences without the usual 10 or 20% cut, in his 40's as Head of state for 20 months, paying back Nigeria's debts instead of building up his Swiss account and in 50's as PDTF chairman controlling the disbursement of billions of Naira for projects during Abacha's government where stealing was rife and common place.

If he didn't make money at that time it will have more meaning to his life if he wants as many girl friends, fly private jets, go on vacation in private chateaus, what will he need stolen funds for in his 70's? Most Nigerians don't wait for second chance to loot us blind, they strike at the first opportunity. this man had 3 major chances and did not loot like Abdulsalam who looted all he can in his about 1 year government and retired comfortably. What indicates he will change and start looting 2015?
Incisive! smiley
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by thomasthomas: 3:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
Ovamboland:

And why do you think Ronald Reagan one of USA's most successful president did not project a younger man when he became president 1980 for the first time in his 70's. This happen after 20 years earlier Kennedy had been president in his 40's.

Character is the issue not age, young person without character as we have presently is a disaster waiting to happen.
Thank you! Most Nigerian youths do not have the character and discipline. Look around you.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by smarthG(f): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
thomasthomas:

The truth is that complex is worrying most Nigerian youth.

The are always scared of facing the truth. I have said this several times and this your post has been in my mind just exactly as it is posted.

Not many have sat down and ask themself what will become of their future when a man very close to a perfect rest becomes their president.

And. U will see many young fellows bragging he is the best, meaning better than them allput together. Only Allah will save Naija

A colleague/guy I respect somuch even put buhari on his BBM dp and since then he lost my respect.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by thomasthomas: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2014
smarthG:

The truth is that complex is worrying most Nigerian youth.

The are always scared of facing the truth. I have said this several times and this your post has been in my mind just exactly as it is posted.

Not many have sat down and ask themself what will become of their future when a man very close to a perfect rest becomes their president.

And. U will see many young fellows bragging he is the best, meaning better than them allput together. Only Allah will save Naija

A colleague/guy I respect somuch even put buhari on his BBM dp and since then he lost my respect.
smart thinking there smiley

1 Like

Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by southsouthman: 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Ovamboland:

Because he didn't know what he knows now.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Youths: Buhari As Case Study by folawiyoma(m): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
thomasthomas:
Anybody within the age bracket of 18 and 45 is considered a youth. Youths are the ones that are in charge of affairs of their various countries around the world! UK - Cameron and Clegg, US - Obama, France - Hollande, Ukraine and a host of other countries with young presidents. When you see them at the UN summit, the look sharp, smart and deliver their speeches with so much flare.

For Buhari to contest elections in 2015, after being head of state means that the youths lack the capacity, honesty, integrity etc to assume affairs of the country, that is why a man like Buhari given his track record in public office can still come out today and contest elections and garner support because he is still the man with a clean track record.

What have the Nigerian youths been doing for thirty (30) years? shocked So for thirty years the Nigerian youths did not develop the required leadership skills to steer the country to greatness. This is really sad! At this point in time nobody should fault the General who should be at home playing with his grandchildren rather than contesting elections because the so called Nigerian youths have failed! Bankole, Lawan, Otedola, Attang comes to mind and a host of others.

Is there no Nigerian youth that can tell the General, Please Sir, I have the capacity to lead this country, go and have fun with your grandchildren?

If no one can say that, then shame on Nigerian youths! angry angry

- thomasthomas

Thomasthomas

Are u a youth? If yes shame on you too.

(1) (Reply)

2015 Guber: Imo Youths Applaud Choice Of Iheanacho As APGA Candidate / IGP Was Former ADC To Mariam Abacha! / Soyinka Is Playing The Ostrich, Says Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.