Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,526 members, 7,861,526 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:51 PM

Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? (832 Views)

Don’t Take The Law Into Your Hands, Buhari Tells Supporters / Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? / Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by hollandis(f): 8:38am On Nov 25, 2008
I really want to know 

fact file

Closure of comp village markets (from tax evasion to illegal structures)

Arrest of car owners using  a particular lane(BRT)

Demolition of houses illegally

Closure of the burnt popular tejuosho I’tnl market without considering
the huge losses by most of the traders

Arrest of girls
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by texazzpete(m): 8:54am On Nov 25, 2008
Only in Nigeria will doing the right thing be classified as 'taking law into his hands'

Nigerians pray for good leaders all the time, yet when a leader that is actually doing some good comes around, they start whining.
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 25, 2008
Fashola is building castles in the air. He's tackling Lagos's problems from the surface instead of building a solid foundation for his successors to work on. Typical of nigeria politicians.
Lagos will be back to square one the moment his term expires, simply because there's no solid foundation. undecided

However, some of his laws are commendable.
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by hollandis(f): 9:15am On Nov 25, 2008
I don't like this BRT and I'm not crazy about it, I like the idea of BRTs being able to get you to your destination.But then, I'm also thinking, do we need to deprive other motorists from using a lane that existed before the plan of BRT was conceived? just to make it reliable?
Gosh I sent my previous post just before leaving home and here I am ,still in this traffic and there is a dedicated lane where I can just follow to the island but the lastma guys are just there,as though their only functionality is to clear the way for BRT buses
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by Tonim(f): 10:17am On Nov 25, 2008
nuzo:

Fashola is building castles in the air. He's tackling Lagos's problems from the surface instead of building a solid foundation for his successors to work on. Typical of nigeria politicians.
Lagos will be back to square one the moment his term expires, simply because there's no solid foundation. undecided

However, some of his laws are commendable.

You this nuzo guy, why are you so anti-Nigeria ? if that is how you feel, why create an account on a Nigerian
forum as you seem to despise anything Nigerian ?

@ hollandis

What do you want the man to do, not enforce the law ?

You want everyone to use the specially dedicated BRT lanes ?
You want houses built illegally on sewage areas to lie there anyhow ?

The traffic nightmare you are complaining of, wasn't it there before BRT ? Besides, it is up to you to drive to work
in the midst of traffic or use the bus rapid transport, which is meant to carry more people quickly.
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by Mustay(m): 10:35am On Nov 25, 2008
Why should you park your car illegally?

why Niagrans like to be stubborn?
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by Olaolufred(m): 11:41am On Nov 25, 2008
NO, FASHOLA IS VERY HUMAN.

WRONGDOERS ARE THE ONE CRYING FOUL because THEIR ACTIONS ARE BEEN QUESTIONED.

FASHOLA, CARRY GOOOOOOOOOO.
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 25, 2008
Tonim:

You this nuzo guy, why are you so anti-Nigeria ? if that is how you feel, why create an account on a Nigerian
forum as you seem to despise anything Nigerian ?

Your comment shows that you intentionally set out to criticize my personality instead of my point on Fashola's work.
But for clarity sake, i'm not anti-nigerian; in fact i am anti-evil, anti-corruption, anti-hypocrisy, anti-cowardice and anti-wickedness. If nigeria happens to be an embodiment of these evils, then i shouldn't be blamed if i refuse to compromise my virtues like most nigerians have. kiss

Like i said before, some of Fashola's work are commendable while some may seem okay for now but will be a total waste of fund and time immediately he vacates office. A style most nigerian politicians are familiar with.(fire brigade approach)
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by Tonim(f): 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2008
nuzo:

Your comment shows that you intentionally set out to criticize my personality instead of my point on Fashola's work.
But for clarity sake, i'm not anti-nigerian; in fact i am anti-evil, anti-corruption, anti-hypocrisy, anti-cowardice and anti-wickedness. If nigeria happens to be an embodiment of these evils, then i shouldn't be blamed if i refuse to compromise my virtues like most nigerians have. kiss

Like i said before, some of Fashola's work are commendable while some may seem okay for now but will be a total waste of fund and time immediately he vacates office. A style most nigerian politicians are familiar with.(fire brigade approach)

Nuzo, I made my statement from my observation of your posts, not just from this thread. You are always saying something like
"typical Nigerian". You wrote the same thing on the Rochas Okocha thread.

On this thread, for instance, rather than addressing the thread starter, you are addressing every Nigerian.

Even in your response here, you are saying most Nigerians have compromised their virtues. You seem to have this disdain for Nigeria and I can't understand why you are found of a Nigerian forum.

Like I said, it is just an observation of mine.
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2008
Tonim:

Nuzo, I made my statement from my observation of your posts, not just from this thread. You are always saying something like
"typical Nigerian". You wrote the same thing on the Rochas Okocha thread.

On this thread, for instance, rather than addressing the thread starter, you are addressing every Nigerian.

Even in your response here, you are saying most Nigerians have compromised their virtues. You seem to have this disdain for Nigeria and I can't understand why you are found of a Nigerian forum.

Like I said, it is just an observation of mine.

Was i lying in the comments i used the phrase "most nigerians"? can't you appreciate the fact that i don't generalize?
You and i know that majority of nigerians have compromised their virtues except if you are among this questionable majority.

Asking me why I'm in a nigerian forum is like asking majority of nigerians why they've converted foreign forums and companies like CNN etc to their own instead of staying glue to their scanty and boring NTA.

Truth cannot be altered.
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by faoni572(m): 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2008
Olaolufred:

NO, FASHOLA IS VERY HUMAN.

[size=14pt]WRONGDOERS ARE THE ONE CRYING FOUL because THEIR ACTIONS ARE BEEN QUESTIONED.[/size]

FASHOLA, CARRY GOOOOOOOOOO.

True talk
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by kaysy(m): 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2008
Fashola is a lawyer, a SAN for that matter, even if he takes law into his hand, i believe law is even safer there.

only those who undastnd him, will see his vision for lagos.
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2008
kaysy:

Fashola is a lawyer, a SAN for that matter, even if he takes law into his hand, i believe law is even safer there.

only those who undastnd him, will see his vision for lagos.

Do you mind if ask how old you are?
Re: Is Fashola taking Law Into His Hands? by youngies(m): 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2008
He just got off from the jont tongue

(1) (Reply)

Youths: A Future Without Hope? / Is Yar'adua Fit For Second Term? / Oshiomole And The Demolition Squad!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.