Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. (3343 Views)

Ayade Begging To Join APC — Chieftain / PDP CHAIRMANSHIP: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River State May Replace Mu’azu / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by retepmurt(m): 11:40am On Nov 15, 2014
The governor of Cross River, Senator Liyel
Imoke, who moved the seat of government
to the national secretariat of the Peoples’
Democratic Party (PDP) in protest against the
November 1 ward congress elections held in
the state, is expected back in Calabar yesterday, 14th Nov. Barring any last minute change of plan,
Imoke is expected to make a state-wide
broadcast announcing his decampment
along with his “PDP Family” members to the
All Progressives Congress(APC) as well as
comment on allegations leveled against him by his predecessor, Mr. Donald Duke, at a
recent public forum. However, impeccable sources within the
Imoke confidants, say he may “only carry a
handful of his remaining supporters as many
have become wise to the fact that his ship is
fast sinking and have therefore jettisoned
him.” The governor and the chairman of the party
in the state, Ntufam John Achort Okon had,
shortly after the ward congresses,
announced their satisfaction with the
outcome of the exercise, describing it as free
and fair. However, when it became obvious that the result was actually not in their favour,
Imoke moved the entire machinery of
government to Abuja, lobbying to get the
national secretariat to upturn the result of the
exercise. Sources disclosed that Imoke lost the battle of
getting the national secretariat to cancel the
results of the ward congresses, even after he
had attempted to lobby them with the sum of
N500 million, which was outrightly rejected
as the officials who conducted the exercise in the state insisted that the results turned in
were authentic. Not even the intervention of a
high ranking chieftain of the party from the
South-South zone could turn things in his
favour against the will of the electorates. The bribe attempt has been denounced by
civil servants in the state as a misplaced
priority, especially as they are yet to be paid
their October salaries, midway into another
month. Sources at the treasury disclosed that N100
million cash was withdrawn from the state’s
salary account during the Abuja trip. The irony of the situation is that even when
the governor was in Abuja trying to get his
way, major stakeholders of the party, made
up of the 18 local government council
chairmen, House of Assembly members, some
governorship aspirants and chapter chairmen of the PDP had, in a communiqué at the end of
a meeting they held, applauded the governor
for superintending over a free and fair ward
congress across the state, frowning at any
attempt to effect an alteration. The governor,
we learnt, was irked at the action of the stakeholders and has called them to order.
Unfortunately, the state-owned media outfits
and some national dailies had reported the
story conspicuously. As usual, the state chairman of the party is at
the receiving end of the governor’s wrath for
not perfecting the art of putting the party’s
and governor’s interests in order, “by hook
or by crook.” It was gathered that the
chairman was threatened with a sack from his juicy position should the national secretariat
of the party fail to reverse the result in their
favour. Some loyalists of the governor have been
making derogatory statements about the
leadership of the party at the national level on
account of their refusal to do Imoke’s
bidding. They accused the national secretariat
of taking side with some aspirants. Provoked by this ugly accusation, the
national secretariat of the party directed the
closure of the party’s secretariat in the state. As at the time of filing this report, the Murtala
Mohammed Road secretariat is still under lock
and key, with security men keeping watch.
On interrogation, one of them revealed that
they were under strict instructions not to
allow anyone, not even the chairman, enter into the building.http://www.newspunch.org/breaking-gov-liyel-imoke-of-cross-river-sets-to-join-apc/
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2014
More governors set to dump PDP for APC

1 Like

Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by holard07(m): 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2014
Let us keep the wait...
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2014
he will mellow down,Pdp knows how to handle it's affairs

5 Likes

Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by wengerjay(m): 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2014
Urgently,Nigeria needs another president.A part of the country is being taken over by the bh under goodluck nose.
Lets all come together to kick GEJ out come 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by Nairabeezie(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2014
I doubt the source.
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by waternogetemeny: 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2014
GEJ handle this one very carefully becos all of them cannot be wrong alongside Amaechi. Word!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by egift(m): 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
I heard Chime may also be leaving PDP for some other party.
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by Goddex: 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
Which news outfit is called 'newspunch'?

That must be a big lie from the stable of the janjaweeeds. They are daydreaming
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by Berbakaz(m): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2014
funny people,Nigeria politics trending series movie in town
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by gtrust: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2014
Some senators like Ndoma-Egba, Ekweremadu, David Mark etc etc have been "in this business" for such a long time that a "normal" serving governor should respect them and look for something else to do!!!
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by dridowu: 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
Until it becomes a reality, then i will say "i don believe am" but for now na zobo
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by mcfarlin(m): 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2014
Hmmmmmm if this is true ehn!
I will be happy!

Cc:barcanista,obiagelli,berem
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by Code213: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2014
Lubbish!!! cheesy
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by BlackBaron: 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
It's kind of funny how politicians switch lanes in Nigeria.
It'll have been easier for me to understand if they had ideologies.

Their supporters are none the wiser; today, an opposition member can be the devil but the minute he crosses over, he's become a Saint.
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
This is a welcome development, however, we enjoin Imoke to adopt the spirit of the progressives by serving Cross River diligently, giving account of Stewardship, support democratic principles and policies, support the right candidates for positions and most importantly, return whatever loot he acquired from Cross River State.

On the other hand, we are so happy that the PDP no longer enjoy the monopoly of our democratic space which they always crave for and sought to maintain.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by derecho(m): 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2014
barcanista:
This is a welcome development, however, we enjoin Imoke to adopt the spirit of the progressives by serving Cross River diligently, giving account of Stewardship, support democratic principles and policies, support the right candidates for positions and most importantly, return whatever loot he acquired from Cross River State.

On the other hand, we are so happy that the PDP no longer enjoy the monopoly of our democratic space which they always crave for and sought to maintain.
I HOPE IF GEJ MOVES TO APC TOMORROW,HE WILL BE CELEBRATED AS A PROGRESSIVE.Una try

8 Likes

Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by azimibraun: 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
APC should welcome him but he should be refined to meet their standards. No slot in APC is authomatic.
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by anonimi: 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
barcanista:

You must really be deluding yourself with all these characteristics that you have ascribed to those MASQUERADING as progreTHIEVES.
None of your Arewa People's Congress People, APC has demonstrated ANY of what you listed.

- LGA elections organized by their SIECs were won 101% by their parties unlike the spread in those organized by the federal INEC.
- Has Thief'nubu or Amaechi etc returned their loot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by Youngzedd(m): 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
He shouldn't try it.
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2014
derecho:

I HOPE IF GEJ MOVES TO APC TOMORROW,HE WILL BE CELEBRATED AS A PROGRESSIVE.Una try
Bros I was clearly objective in my comment. Should Jonathan switch to APC, first I will welcome him, and still comment on the need for Change. Either a change of his unproductive and retrogressive policies or a change of his government entirely.
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by anonimi: 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2014
azimibraun:
APC should welcome him but he should be refined to meet their standards. No slot in APC is authomatic.

Yeah, tell us.
Has Tambuwal not been allowed to submit form for presidency after changing their internal rules to waive the time frame for membership before candidacy
Many deluded folks on the forum today or maybe simply HYPOCRITES amplifying their Master's voice angry
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by derecho(m): 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2014
barcanista:
Bros I was clearly objective in my comment. Should Jonathan switch to APC, first I will welcome him, and still comment on the need for Change. Either a change of his unproductive and retrogressive policies or a change of his government entirely.
Make i laff for egun small.So if he overhauls his government,and invites the PDP decampees to APC,he'll be pardoned?Make i no decieve you my brother.As it stands now in Nigeria,there's no difference between APC and PDP.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by Franzeez(m): 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
wengerjay:
Urgently,Nigeria needs another president.A part of the country is being taken over by the bh under goodluck nose.
Lets all come together to kick GEJ out come 2015.

Kick GEJ out and KIck OIL out of NIgerias resources
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by derecho(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2014
Franzeez:

Kick GEJ out and KIck OIL out of NIgerias resources
Ah Bros e nefa reash like dat na...na im mind e talk.Make we pray sey peace go dey.So everybody go see whether GEJ dey unpopular.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2014
®
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2014
What most of you do not know is : If there is ever a place in this country where GEJ has 100% support then it's within the AkwaIbom- Cross River axis. Not even GEJ's Bayelsa can lay claim to that.

Even OBJ found solace here when he was Head of State.
It's the only place he knew and still knows he where he would NEVER be backstabbed. That GEJ visits here and frolick with both governors more frequently than others is no coincidence.

IT IS OUR CULTURE .
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by retepmurt(m): 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
there is freedom of association.it was mimiko yesterday,it can be imoke or anybody today,even Jonathan tomorrow.
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by ARKdiscloser7(m): 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
So APC is now a party for aggrieved people?

No wonder they are violent in nature.

Infact since my wife has refused to serve my lunch , am porting to APC.
Re: Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. by derecho(m): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2014
retepmurt:
there is freedom of association.it was mimiko yesterday,it can be imoke or anybody today,even Jonathan tomorrow.
Abi my brother.Buh there should also be a practical way to recall them in the law courts.Otherwise dis politicians go abuse am

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of All (this Pix) / Photo Aliko Dangote Celebrates With Buhari / The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.