Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Threading The Right Path - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Threading The Right Path (5826 Views)

The Lonely Path ( A Short Story About A Cancer Patient) / Braided Path--a Vampire Tale... / Crimson - The right to decide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2014
I have been a nairalander for couple of months now. I'm a very good fan of the literature section. Ave read a lot of great stories. So, I thot it'll would be nice to drop mine here. This is my first work and I'll appreciate corrections and encouragement from readers

1 Like

Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
Copyright (c) Jelailah
No part of this publication maybe reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the copyright owner.

1 Like

Re: Threading The Right Path by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
I cross my leg at the front seat with my bottle of Kunu, let's ride!

I started my first write-up this morning, you can check it out, It is titled "Whatever You Do Today" available here https://www.nairaland.com/1997969/whatever-today "

Am sure you will enjoy it, meanwhile, I can't wait for the first chapter.
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 10:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
CHAPTER ONE

It was early in the morning and still dark when Tola was woken up by a persistent noise from his backyard. "Iwo omo osi omo oloriburuku yi awon ale baba e lo ma pa ko n se emi... (you this unfortunate child. It is your father's concubines that you will kill and not me...)" Iya Tunde the lousy neighbour is at it again. She's always like that whenever she had a fight with her husband. Too bad her children are always the recipient of her anger.

Tola opened his eyes and managed to sit up on his bed. He looked up at the wall clock; it was just a few minutes shy away from 5am. Uh...Tola sighed, remembering the events of the last couple of weeks.

He had come home from one of his unsuccessful job hunting and his step-mum welcomed him by hurling curses on him and saying all sorts of abusive words as usual. He was infuriated by this and told her to shut her mouth. "Shut your mouth! Or else I will..." Or else you will what? He heard a voice say. He looked up only to see his step brother Bayo, staring at him with a blood shot eyes. "Or else you will what?! You are still here in your father's house, when your mates are busy making huge money and fending for their fa..." His brother was lying helplessly on the floor. That was when it dawned on him that he had hit him. "Yeh! Mo ku o! Tola ti pa mi lomo o! (I'm dead! Tola has killed my son!)", Iya Bayo was shouting. He quickly rushed his brother to the nearest hospital. While in the hospital, he received a call that his father had an heart attack. He became more devasted and felt like his head was going to explode. Only for him to find out that his step mum had called his dad that he had killed Bayo which lead to his heart attack. He was brought back to the present by a mosquito perching on his cheek.

Towai! He hit his cheek so hard. He wasn't even able to kill the mosquito, Tola hissed.

He got up from the bed so as to prepare for his interview by 8am that morning . He had to be very fast so as to beat the traffic and not be late for his interview. He had found out about the job on a website where he pasted his cv. He did the aptitude test and was called up for an interview.

Tola was ready by 6am. He went to the kitchen to check whether there was something to eat. He met his step mum there and she started with her abuses again. He stormed angrily out of the house. He must make it by any means, any way na way, Tola said to himself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2014
Pls comment as that will encourage me
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jamzig1(m): 11:36pm On Nov 15, 2014
I comment my reserve
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 11:39pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jamzig1:
I comment my reserve
u beta tlk nw. Wats ur sincere opinion?
Re: Threading The Right Path by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2014
Keep it coming Champ! Pls correct the "Courses" with "Curses"
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2014
pelumiakinboye:
Keep it coming Champ! Pls correct the "Courses" with "Curses"
tanx for d correction

1 Like

Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 1:32am On Nov 16, 2014
Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar...
Bimpe woke up to the call of the adhan. She forgot to set up the alarm before she went to bed the night before. Even if she forgot her alarm, she still have the muslim folks to rely on. Part of the reasons she loved staying on the mainland. She took her bath, dressed up, did her make-up and was looking at the mirror for a last assessment of herself. Looking at her beautiful oval face, sexy brown eyes, small button nose and pouted lips. She was wearing a tight fitted green Polkadot cotton shirt and a lucky charlie skinny pants fitting her full perky breast, tone thin legs, average and tight behind. Showing all the curves in the right places.
She could bet she looked 18 shinning her pearl white teeth at the mirror. Looking 5 years younger, she smiled and made her way to the dinning table.

Rose, her maid, had already served her breakfast. She ate, got in the car and drove off to work.

While Bimpe was driving to work, she mistakenly splashed water on a pedestrian. She was lucky it splashed on only one person. She parked her car, got down to apologise to the man because his cloth looked really messed up.

As she was walking up to him, she noticed his very handsome face, sexy eyes, broad nose and pink lips. She loved the way he shaped his teddy with his beard, it looked so sexy. Looking at his tall masculine body, she concluded that he should be 6"1 and should be in his late twenties. "Are you blind? Didn't you see that the place was flooded? Aren't you suppose to slow down?" the man screamed at her. She couldn't say anything as she was shocked that such a handsome man could be so rude. "See as this one they look me like zombie", he said. "Errm...I'm...I'm sssorry", she stammered. He looked at her, shook his head and walked away. She stared at him as he walked away and got in her car after he was no longer in sight, still surprised at his reaction. "Its really true that looks do deceive", she said to herself and drove off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 8:17am On Nov 16, 2014
Great writing... Needs a bit of work but its a good start... Please do not stop writing...
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2014
vykta:
Great writing... Needs a bit of work but its a good start... Please do not stop writing...
tanx. I would love to know the areas I should work on. So as to improve in my coming updates
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2014
Tola was on his way back home after his interview. He was told he'll receive a call if he passed the interview. Still angry at the doll-faced lady that splashed water on him earlier that day. She must be one of those spoilt rich kids. It was even difficult for her to say sorry. She kept staring at him like a child who was fascinated by the rainbows up in the sky. She apologised only after he shouted at her. 'Or maybe he was a little too harsh', He thought.

He was already at the gate of his house. He looked up at the green painted duplex in front of him. The green was almost unrecognisable. It would have passed for a white. He lived there with his family, in a 3 bedroom flat on the second floor.

Handsome man! Handsome man!

He was given that nickname by his friends, in contrast to his handsome looks. Right from his secondary school days, he always got girls attaching themselves to him. That was why he never bothered whenever his step-mum refuse to give him food. He always have his girls to rely on. He looked sideways to see Tunde his neighbour walking towards him. They exchanged pleasantries and they both entered the compound.

When he got inside, he met his father on the brown leather couch. He was on the 3-sitter close to the tv as usual, that was his favourite spot. His brother was in front of the LCD tv attached to the wall. He mumbled some greetings to them. Without waiting for a response, he entered his room and closed the door.
Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 10:07am On Nov 16, 2014
Jelailah:
tanx. I would love to know the areas I should work on. So as to improve in my coming updates
For Example is Tolu also Tola?
Re: Threading The Right Path by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
Following
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
72 views and only few comments.
To all the people that have being chopping nd cleaning mouth. E no good o. Atleast comment so that i'll knw ure reading
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
ikeola6:
Following
ure welcome
Re: Threading The Right Path by ollykay619(m): 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
i dey follow follow. continue
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jamzig1(m): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
Continue
Re: Threading The Right Path by Mzaj(f): 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
Lol....i no b chop nd klin mouth ooo,i luv ur descriptions *thumbs up*

1 Like

Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
Continuation...

Tola rolled to the other side of the bed. It was already past ten. He had slept for about 5 hours.

He got up from his bed with a rumbling stomach. The only thing in his stomach was the gala and pure water he ate in traffic on his way back from the interview.

He sneaked to the kitchen to check if he could get something to eat, convincing himself that everybody would have gone to bed by then.

Bimpe sighed, she finally got home after spending over 3 hours in the Lagos traffic. She opened the door, there was no one in the living room. She saw her food on the table.

It was already quarter past 11pm. Rose must have gone to bed as it was already very late.

She finished eating her food, had a shower and decided to log in to her facebook account before going to bed. She removed her phone from her bag and saw 5 missed calls from Kola. She called him for over 10 times and he didnt pick up. Maybe he was angry at her, she thought.

She was very tired but the sleep was not coming. She got up and went to check up on Rose.

As she was approaching Rose's room she was hearing some funny sound. "Is something wrong with Rose?", she asked herself. As she got closer to the entrance of the room, she was convinced something was wrong with Rose. She opened the door and alas she was shocked at what she saw. "What?!" She exclaimed.
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
Mzaj:
Lol....i no b chop nd klin mouth ooo,i luv ur descriptions *thumbs up*
tanx
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jamzig1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hmm...anticipating..continue
Re: Threading The Right Path by tolajumoke(f): 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
good work dear

keep it coming

A scientist becoming a writer...#thumbs_up
Re: Threading The Right Path by Luv4tv(m): 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Threading The Right Path by Luv4tv(m): 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
Thot a nice write-up but still NoTC a lot of mix-up in d name of the characters which can b avoided thru do editing/proofreading b4 posting. Keep it up
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
tolajumoke:
good work dear

keep it coming

A scientist becoming a writer...#thumbs_up
tanx...i'll update soon. Just keep it locked. Dnt touch dat dial
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
Luv4tv:
Thot a nice write-up but still NoTC a lot of mix-up in d name of the characters which can b avoided thru do editing/proofreading b4 posting. Keep it up
thanks. Ave modified d update. U cn chk bk on it
Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
Omo d story don dey gel... Thanks 4 accepting and effecting d correction pointed out shows u'll b a good writer
Re: Threading The Right Path by crudedude(m): 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Pretty ok for a start. It got better from the second update. The first was a bit mumbled imho. There's this one place where the guy 'shaked' his head. Think that should be 'shook'. You can read up several tips on prose writing from Google or some of the old threads here on this section. Keep writing and putting it out and humble yourself in learning. You'll be amazed at how fast you'll grow.

my 2 cowries cool
Re: Threading The Right Path by Bhuumhite(f): 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
nice one jelailah
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
crudedude:
Pretty ok for a start. It got better from the second update. The first was a bit mumbled imho. There's this one place where the guy 'shaked' his head. Think that should be 'shook'. You can read up several tips on prose writing from Google or some of the old threads here on this section. Keep writing and putting it out and humble yourself in learning. You'll be amazed at how fast you'll grow.

my 2 cowries cool
wink
crudedude:

my 2 cowries cool
tanx a whole lot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accused / Forever Mine / Get Grammarly Premium, And Take Your Writing To An Enhanced Professional Level.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.