Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,048 members, 7,821,601 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Crimson - The right to decide. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Crimson - The right to decide. (11906 Views)

Threading The Right Path / Was It A Night With A Smart Or Possessed Beautiful Gal On Campus? You Decide / Excerpts From My Upcoming Novel 'crimson Clouds' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
ALL RRIGHTS RESERVED.................

I will be using both phone and laptop to write this work and i will try to update as much as possible because i am a student and to get money for browsing may not be that easy. Please understand.
Eeeerm... please comment and give constructive criticism and tell me how good the story is

CRIMSON

CHAPTER ONE

They moved in numbers, carrying alot of sophisicated weapons. Squad O of the Commando unit of the Federal Republic of Nigeria moved swiftly among shrubs and trees to the uncompleted building at the middle of the forest, not far from the popular Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. They refused to take the normal route through an untarred road, since they did not want to announce their presence in the area.

The Squad leader, Dawodu checked the status of his Squad members and the only police officer to follow his squad . After confirming their status via intercom, he then whispered the command 'Move in'.

Immediately, the squad moved into the compound of the house, 'Scaling' the fence while doing so. This was done quietly but swiftly to avoid the enemy from noticing their presence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sorry 4 nt updating, i have been busy, i wil update around 11:30pm
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:25am On Sep 13, 2013
Sorry for the delay.
I continue.
...Chinedu,who was the only odd person in the squad( as he was a police officer),nimbly followed the rest of the squad in,taking extra care than an ordinary police officer would normally do. The target,Michael Nwosu was known to be quite ruthless and ice-cold in his approach towards hostiles. Chinedu,who had been on the case for five years,remembered the genesis of the whole situation

Michael Nwosu and four other young guys founded the Evolvers,which was primarily an activist group. The group gained popularity among the youth with the savvy young men and the strong minded speeches Michael Nwosu gave.

When the Federal Government got wind of the movement, they first ignored it,citing youthful excesses. When the group waxed stronger and was becoming more prominent, the government decided to launch a crack down campaign on the group. But revelations from the crack down took the government by surprise,as the group were discovered to be smuggling heavy equipment into the country,with the youths been used to move them. It was also discovered that the youths were just pawns, they were not real members of the group.

As a hunt for the original members of the group commenced, Chinedu saw police officers kicking the buckets one after the other, with some of them actually been slaugthered with their families,while others were killed in bomb blasts that took the lives of other officers and civilians. The last straw was when an AIG and a colonel in the army were ruthlessly stabbed and later burnt in an attempt to save them. This murders,coupled with information from one of the real members that uranium was also smuggled in, led to the involvement of the Commando unit.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
Dawodu summoned the squad to the entrance of the building and after passing certain instructions, he divided the squad into two, with Commando officer Kayode leading a team while Dawodu leads the rest. Chinedu fell into Dawodu's group after the selection and the two teams entered the building together before moving swiftly in different directions. Dawodu's team took a staircase while kayode's team went straight into a room.

Kayode's team had not spent up to a minute in the room when the ground gave way, landing the team on an area filled with terrible sharp objects like nails, cutlasses and the likes.

The noise from the crash was picked up by Dawodu's team through the intercom. Dawodu tried to make contact with them, but there was no answer as the team just seemed to be groaning. Dawodu, now genuinely worried, asked one of his squad members,Timilehin to check was happening to Kayode's group. 'Yes sir' Timilehin replied before he moved stealthily to the area. Dawodu motioned for the rest of the team to move forward. The group moved from room to room, meeting empty spaces along the way. They finally got to a room that led to a long stairway

Chinedu had however, broke off from Dawodu's team and was moving independently. His gut feeling had awakened when he heard the crash in Kayode's team. He now sensed that they may be moving in the wrong direction and broke off, not minding if Dawodu wanted him to do so. His intercom buzzed all of a sudden.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
Comments please
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
lol. u dont need to beg for comments, they will always come.

WAITING FOR THE NEXT UPDATE
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sorry 4 d delay in today's post. Am stuck in d rain and i have 2 get smwia safely. I wil update it b4 12 am at most.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
ReineViolet: lol. u dont need to beg for comments, they will always come.

WAITING FOR THE NEXT UPDATE
Am sorry 4 d delay and thanks 4 d comment.

1 Like

Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:14am On Sep 14, 2013
'Sir, i have found them!' Timilehin's voice crackled through the intercom. Chinedu realised that the intercom was not as sharp as usual,as voice were becoming less audible. He could tell however that Kayode's team was seriously injured and they will take some time to recover.

Chinedu,after receiving the information,thought it wise to move ahead. As he took a step forward, he heard a crash.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 5:40am On Sep 14, 2013
Dawodu's team had climbed to the top of the stairway and now felt complacent, which made them walk straight into the room at the end of the stairway, not noticing the floor of the room, which was poorly done. The result was disastrous,as the floor gave way, sending them some floors down.

'Commando unit indeed', Chinedu thought. 'They should know better than been clumsy'. Chinedu moved on,knowing that Dawodu's team was out for at least some hours. There of a room ahead of him and he moved towards it, been watchful of the floor so that he won't fall victim of amateur building.

His search proved futile as he saw nothing of significance. As he left the room he saw a strange shadowy figure walk into another room.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 7:07am On Sep 14, 2013
Good job so far, Mike.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Emmyk(m): 8:08am On Sep 14, 2013
Nice one. Cant wait for your next update.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 10:36am On Sep 14, 2013
Wow, tnx kaycee and emmy.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
Chinedu followed the figure, watching the ground for any traps. The figure then entered another room which was quite airy. Chinedu noticed that his intercom had dropped dead, he did not bother however as the focus was on the figure. he then entered the room.

The figure now turned round and finally said

' One of you has finally found me'

CHAPTER TWO

Chinedu stood motionless, his head swelling and his hands shaking. In front of him was the man made legend, Michael Nwosu, aka Michael Scofield of Africa. The man whose face and name goes before him, his reputation, everything he was and is flew in front of Chinedu's mind's eye in a few seconds. Chinedu was dazed, if not a little baffled that such a man should be left alone without security.

As Chinedu looked on, Michael raised one of his fingers up.
'Freeze!' 'Do not move unless you want me to blow your brains away!'
'You won't do that, because i am an important source of information for you and your country, which is incidentally, mine own country,

'Don't move', Chinedu retorted.When Michael obeyed, Chinedu then continued. 'You are under arrest and you have the rights to remain silent' he said while removing hand-cuff from his back pocket with one hand, using the other hand to hold his gun.

He approached Michael cautiously, as Michael stretched his hands out. As Chinedu placed the gun in his pocket( as he thought Michael will offer no resistance) he clumsily locked the hand-cuff around Michael wrists. The next thing that happened shocked Chinedu, the hand-cuff fell diagonally off his wrists and fell to the ground.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
Chinedu was quite suprised,as he did nt understand how the hand-cuff did nt do its work. 'So you think you can use juju abi', he said in a shaken mood.

Michael Nwosu started laughing out, only that it was not from that room,but 500
km away from the area, in one of the islands belonging to Sao Tome and Principle. He was laughing with his colleagues. 'Tunde, you sabi this thing do wella,see as the guy dey look like goat'. 'Uh, na God sabi pass', Tunde replied as they watched Chinedu waste bullets on Michael's hologram through a telly in the room.

Chinedu had just wasted some bullets on the hologram and was looking lost for ideas when Michael spoke. 'I am a hologram, you can't arrest me now'. 'We will get you, Michael,be assured of that'. Chinedu stated quite childishly. He was about to turn back when he heard Michael speak. 'Your teammates are injured and can not move for some time, you don't even know where I am and you still talk about arresting me'? 'You surprise me'. 'Besides if you know where i am, it will be too late as in a few hours time, the whole surface of what is called Nigeria will be wiped clean'.
Upon hearing that statement, Chinedu froze in his position. So it is a nuclear bomb afterall!
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by firestar(f): 1:18am On Sep 15, 2013
Hm, Crimson...
(I love your title)

...space out your words mike...
Your content should reflect the title's abruptness.

(Edited)
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Emmyk(m): 2:04am On Sep 15, 2013
"Pre-confllct". cheesy

1 Like

Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 10:11am On Sep 15, 2013
firestar: Hm, Crimson...
(I love your title)

...space out your words mike...
Your content should reflect the title's abrutness.
Firestar-chan, tnx 4 commenting. About the spacing thing, i mostly use a phone(not android or bb), so at times wen i want 2 space paragraphs out,its difficult. I will see what i can do anyway. Abt abruteness, i will check d dictionary 4 definition,cos i don't knw it o.
Tnx.

1 Like

Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chinedu's mind went to a thousand places at once. How will he contact HQ? Who else has an idea of what will happen? Where will the bombs be? How can he do this? Chinedu,now agitated, started fumbling with his intercom. It did nt respond.

Micheal watched him in amusement, enjoying the seeming confusion in his movement. When he noticed Chinedu's obsession with the intercom, he opened his mouth to reply him.
'There is no connection that can get through from here. I have jammed all wave frequencies, save the one my hologram uses. Your little intercom is useless'. Chinedu turned back to him, his eyes looking murderous. 'How could you,Michael'? How can you live with yourself with the genocide you r planning? And you call yourself a revolutionist'? 'Well, all revolutions have genocidal tendencies in them, don't you agree'? Michael replied. Chinedu was about asking about the nature of the attack when Michael gave him an answer. 'This is not a nuclear attack, but it will be more effective and more deadly. This attack will launch a new chapter in mordern warfare. Nobody will care for guns again when this attack will be over,because that(pointing to Chinedu's gun) will be history'! The source of this attack will be so readily avaliable, since it has always been there'. Chinedu was now confused as to what Michael was saying. If it is not a nuclear attack, then what weapon will have such range as to wipe out a whole country, and yet be specific as to remove guns out of modern warfare. His mind was still processing the possible threats when Michael said, as if making a speech 'This...lovely country will be destroyed by a bolt from the Sun'!

2 Likes

Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by gameboy727(m): 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
One leg in. More updates and the whole body would follow you.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
And I thought I was the only one who wanted to write action-adventure in a Naija setting. Keep up the good work.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
I'm seeing this story to the end.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
thanks Kaycee and Gameboy
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
I may have to reduce the updates due to lack of MB.
sorry for the inconvenience and i will get back to regular updating after i get my weekly MB back.

now to the update.......

Chinedu looked incredulously at Michael. Is this Guy for real? Of all gibberish things he has heard this one takes the crown. Sunlight ke? Chinedu's confusion was evident in his face, but Michael put it more clearly to him

'What will happen is simple.The radiation outside of the earth from the sun is enmormus, untapped of course, due to nature shield' Michael said, 'But i have put a system in place which concentrates the power of the sun and sends it straight to the earth, specifically Nigeria'. Imagine all the harmful radiation, heat and light forces been sent down at the speed of light to Nigeria! This project is so, so beautiful!. Michael concluded.

Chinedu found Michael's statements startling. Now that he knows more of the situation, he found it more scary. He would love not to believe Michael, but judging from what he has heard and seen, that is not an option. he so wanted to contact someone, but that was not an option too, since he was so out to shape mentally to pass the information across.

Miles away from Nigeria, Someone else was also finding it hard to speak as well.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2013
'Sir, i don't know if this is a glitch, but,ermm, these satellites are out of control', Ted Bucker reported. Microseconds later Daniel Fellins got to the control room of NASA. 'What did you mean 'these satellites are out of control,huh'?
'The panels ain't lying, man'. Ted resounded. Daniel Fellins could not believe what he was seeing on the panels. The satellites, from the U.S.A. and other countries were moving off their orbits and were aligning in a strange manner. Also the solar panels in each satellite were accumulating an unreasonable amount of radiation and heat. Moreover, one of the satellites was positioned at the focal point of the others,like it wanted to send some radiation down to earth.

'Ted,what location does SAT-112 point to?'
'Sir, Ted said,quivering, it points to only one country, Nigeria.'
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Emmyk(m): 11:05am On Sep 17, 2013
Whoa! *shaking*
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chinedu's confusion continued,as Michael explained how he had planned everything and it looked cruel that he(Chinedu) had so much information but could do nothing about it.

Why,why would you do this? He asked Michael. 'You claimed to love your country and you seek its destruction'.

'Yes, i still love this...country,infact it's out of love that i am ending the story of the country called Nigeria' . Michael said. 'Mr Chinedu, i see you care so much about this country,even though you could have left this case a long time ago,five years isn't it?' Michael said. 'Oh, we have also been monitoring you as you did us, at least it's easy to have moles in your sham of a police force'. Michael stated.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 11:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
' How dare you?how dare you claim that you love this country,when you seek its utter destruction?' Chinedu fumed, sparks flying out of his eyes. 'How do you claim love when you seek to destroy what is left of Nigeria?'

'There is nothing left of this country!' Michael spat back, face contorted like a beast. 'Corruption, selfishness and greed reigns in this country'. 'Everyone cares for himself only,leaving the defenseless to die and acquiring regions,jst like in ancient times'. I have seen it all, this country is beyound redemption!'

'Is that you really think?' Chinedu quiped, obviously less angry, 'do you sincerely feel that Nigeria is unsavable,unredeemable?'

'Since you have come a long way and you care so much about the country, then let me tell you what brought me here'. Michael coolly said, sadness etched all over his face as he remembered the events that happened far back in the past.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:30am On Sep 19, 2013
I want 2 use dis opportunity 2 thank every1 who has read and commentd on d post.
I also thank d ghost readers although i go prefer if they comment.
And pls more comments.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 5:09am On Sep 19, 2013
Keep doing what you're doing. More people will come in time.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
Chapter 3....

They moved across the road,chattering away with their bumbum swaying withs the 'swags' expected from young Hausa girls. Unlike their muslim counterparts however, they wore no hijab but carried themselves lousily,their trousers gyrating in inevitable friction. Most of the guys around were idly watching them,some of the naughty guys among them winking at the girls,causing laughter among them as they settled inside the classroom. Only one boy among the guys was not interested in them and unforunately for the boys, he was the only one they had eyes for.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
Na wa o, i was away for a few days and nobody asked after me. That shows how many people r following. Hope it improves sha. For those who checked, i had MB issues dats y i did nt update.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) / An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me / Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.