Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,154 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Threading The Right Path - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Threading The Right Path (5854 Views)

The Lonely Path ( A Short Story About A Cancer Patient) / Braided Path--a Vampire Tale... / Crimson - The right to decide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
CHAPTER TWO The traffic moved along the Third Mainland Bridge in a slow pace, as Bimpe was biting her finger nails and tapping her legs in the black BMW X6 like a negro planning his payback after been bullied by his white friends. At this rate, it was going to take forever. She had nothing particular to do at home, but it always seemed such an incredible waste of time just sitting there in traffic. She lay her head back against the seat, her mind flashing back to last night's events. She had decided to check up on Rose when she started hearing some funny sound. She opened the door only to find Kola making out with Rose. Startled by this, she ran to her room. Making sure she locked the door with the key. She slept off thinking about what had just happened.

She had met Kola at the hotel she lodged in when she first came to Nigeria from Europe. He used to work there. He was nice to her and they had been friends since then.

"Its not like I loved him in the first place", she said to herself. She cleaned him up and dated him out of pity.

"But how could he? How could he do that me?...", she kept asking herself a lot of rhetorical questions. "All I did was help him and he paid me back by stabbing me in the back. Story for the gods", she said to herself
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jamzig1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
Okay..still following
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 6:32am On Nov 17, 2014
Bhuumhite:
nice one jelailah
tanx
Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 11:37am On Nov 17, 2014
She lay her head back against the sit [b][/b]All she did was helped him. Sit should be Seat and Helped should be Help... Great job can't wait 4 d rest
Re: Threading The Right Path by almacherish(f): 11:58am On Nov 17, 2014
#following
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2014
Continuation...

As she sat and waited for the traffic to move again, she yawned for the umpteenth time, and then thought about her parents as the traffic finally began to edge forward. Sometimes, it took her over an hour to crawl ten miles on the way home from the office. The sun was not making matters better either. She bet it could melt down a 100 carat diamond. It was 3pm, she had left the office earlier than usual when she couldnt concenterate on her work. She was still in dismay over the event of the night before.

She made a mental note to call her parents when she got home. It has been long she spoke to them last. They had both agreed that she should come to Nigeria to run her father's company after graduating in Warcoque Business School. So, they could both stay in Europe to enjoy the rest of their lives. Her father, Vykta Aribigbe, the owner of the biggest telecommunications company in Africa, JAMZIG, and her mother, Bunmi Aribigbe, a retired OAP.

They had both been good parents to her and her brother. Her brother, Bimfo was running the branch in Ghana.

The phone rang in the car as Bimpe made a turn, and for a minute she hoped that would be Rose, calling to apologise. Rose had been more than a maid to her. She was like a friend and a sister she never had. She looked at the screen to see who it was, an unkown number. "Who could it be", she thought.

1 Like

Re: Threading The Right Path by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
Keep it coming o!
Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
[b][/b]They have both being good parents... Been... Keep it up
Re: Threading The Right Path by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
Na so my name Enter book of Life oo.. grin

Nice work Love.. kiss
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jamzig1(m): 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2014
Lol..JAMZIG...lyk da creativity...continua
Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
Abeg where my wife Bunmi Aribigbe? Lol
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jamzig1(m): 7:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
vykta:
Abeg where my wife Bunmi Aribigbe? Lol
Lol, she dey her papa house
tags: bhuumhite
Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
Jamzig1:
angry
Jamzig1:
Bet Y? Nairaland Searching 4 bhuumhite now...
Re: Threading The Right Path by tolajumoke(f): 8:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
More pls
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jamzig1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
vykta:
angry Bet Y? Nairaland Searching 4 bhuumhite now...
Gudluck finding her
Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
Jamzig1:
Gudluck finding her
Thanks Man I sure need all d Luck I can gather in d Search
Re: Threading The Right Path by Bhuumhite(f): 9:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
vykta:
angry Bet Y? Nairaland Searching 4 bhuumhite now...
bhuumhite is here o
Re: Threading The Right Path by Bhuumhite(f): 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
hehehe..:..Bunmi aderibigbe.....OAP tinx
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
Bimfo:

Nice work Love.. kiss

wink
Bimfo:

Nice work Love.. kiss

tanx
Re: Threading The Right Path by Olawaleslimfit(m): 11:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
Jelailah:
CHAPTER ONE

It was early in the morning and still dark when Tola was woken up by a persistent noise from his backyard. "Iwo omo osi omo oloriburuku yi awon ale baba e lo ma pa ko n se emi... (you this unfortunate child. It is your father's concubines that you will kill and not me...)" Iya Tunde the lousy neighbour is at it again. She's always like that whenever she had a fight with her husband. Too bad her children are always the recipient of her anger.

Tola opened his eyes and managed to sit up on his bed. He looked up at the wall clock; it was just a few minutes shy away from 5am. Uh...Tola sighed, remembering the events of the last couple of weeks.

He had come home from one of his unsuccessful job hunting and his step-mum welcomed him by hurling curses on him and saying all sorts of abusive words as usual. He was infuriated by this and told her to shut her mouth. "Shut your mouth! Or else I will..." Or else you will what? He heard a voice say. He looked up only to see his step brother Bayo, staring at him with a blood shot eyes. "Or else you will what?! You are still here in your father's house, when your mates are busy making huge money and fending for their fa..." His brother was lying helplessly on the floor. That was when it dawned on him that he had hit him. "Yeh! Mo ku o! Tola ti pa mi lomo o! (I'm dead! Tola has killed my son!)", Iya Bayo was shouting. He quickly rushed his brother to the nearest hospital. While in the hospital, he received a call that his father had an heart attack. He became more devasted and felt like his head was going to explode. Only for him to find out that his step mum had called his dad that he had killed Bayo which lead to his heart attack. He was brought back to the present by a mosquito perching on his cheek.

Towai! He hit his cheek so hard. He wasn't even able to kill the mosquito, Tola hissed.

He got up from the bed so as to prepare for his interview by 8am that morning . He had to be very fast so as to beat the traffic and not be late for his interview. He had found out about the job on a website where he pasted his cv. He did the aptitude test and was called up for an interview.

Tola was ready by 6am. He went to the kitchen to check whether there was something to eat. He met his step mum there and she started with her abuses again. He stormed angrily out of the house. He must make it by any means, any way na way, Tola said to himself
Although I'm not a literature head buh that doesn't hinder me from detecting a congenial write ups such as this, with a diminutive tutoring u are good to go girl....
Re: Threading The Right Path by Olawaleslimfit(m): 11:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
Jelailah:
CHAPTER TWO

The traffic moved along the Third Mainland Bridge in a slow pace, as Bimpe was biting her finger nails and tapping her legs in the black BMW X6 like a negro planning his payback after been bullied by his white friends. At this rate, it was going to take forever. She had nothing particular to do at home, but it always seemed such an incredible waste of time just sitting there in traffic.

She lay her head back against the seat, her mind flashing back to last night's events.

She had decided to check up on Rose when she started hearing some funny sound. She opened the door only to find Kola making out with Rose. Startled by this, she ran to her room. Making sure she locked the door with the key. She slept off thinking about what had just happened.

She had met Kola at the hotel she lodged in when she first came to Nigeria from Europe. He used to work there. He was nice to her and they had been friends since then.

"Its not like she loved him in the first place", she said to herself. She cleaned him up and dated him out of pity.

"But, how could he? Hw could he do that to her?...", she kept asking herself a lot of rhetorical questions. "All she did was help him and he paid her back by stabbing her in the back. Story for the gods", she said to herself.
" Its not like she loved him in the first place" should be " its not like I loved him in the first place" since she's talking to herself, or perhaps, "I don't even like him at first" Good work tho..
Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 12:43am On Nov 18, 2014
Bhuumhite:
bhuumhite is here o
welcome ma wife... How was work 2day?
Re: Threading The Right Path by Bhuumhite(f): 5:14am On Nov 18, 2014
Jelailah:
CHAPTER TWO

The traffic moved along the Third Mainland Bridge in a slow pace, as Bimpe was biting her finger nails and tapping her legs in the black BMW X6 like a negro planning his payback after been bullied by his white friends. At this rate, it was going to take forever. She had nothing particular to do at home, but it always seemed such an incredible waste of time just sitting there in traffic.

She lay her head back against the seat, her mind flashing back to last night's events.

She had decided to check up on Rose when she started hearing some funny sound. She opened the door only to find Kola making out with Rose. Startled by this, she ran to her room. Making sure she locked the door with the key. She slept off thinking about what had just happened.

"Its not like she loved him in the first place", she said to herself. She cleaned him up and dated him out of pity.

"But, how could he? Hw could he do that to her?...", she kept asking herself a lot of rhetorical questions. "All she did was help him and he paid her back by stabbing her in the back. Story for the gods", she said to herself.
"But,how could he,How could he do that to HER?"....the HER should be ME and the last sentence should "all I did was to help him,and he paid me back by stabbing me in the back......" since she was talking to herself
Re: Threading The Right Path by Bhuumhite(f): 5:15am On Nov 18, 2014
vykta:
welcome ma wife... How was work 2day?
i've retired..
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 8:45am On Nov 18, 2014
Tanx to slimfit and bhumite for the correctns. Have modified the post. I woke up this morning only to see that part of the post had been cut off. I donno hw that happened but ave been able to sort it out. Tanx once again

1 Like

Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 11:30am On Nov 18, 2014
Bhuumhite:
i've retired..
No P... I'll Work 4 both of us
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 7:20am On Nov 19, 2014
Continuation...

She picked up the phone and pressed the receive button but waited for the person at the other end to speak first.

"Hello, babe", a voice from the other end said.

"Excuse me, but may I know who this is?"

"Eh eh...don't tell me you can't recognise my voice. Any ways, its TJ"

Bimpe was more than perplexed at the sound of the name. I bet Shakespare would find it difficult to qualify her feelings with words. "TJ?!", she shrieked in anxiety.

"Why are you calling me? What else do you want from me?", she said in a shaky voice.

"Meet me at Lu4tv bar in Adeola Odekun, by 5pm on saturday"

"Bbbu...", she barely said a word before the was line cut off. She was completely devastated and wasn't aware the traffic had edged forward. "Abeg commot for road", some people were shouting at her. She quickly moved forward as she thought about TJ.

TJ, short for Tola Jumoke. She met TJ when she was in Europe. TJ also attended the same university as Bimpe. They had been best friends, not until..."hmmm", she sighed trying so hard not to remember the past events.

Tola had been staring at his phone since he woke up from his slumber. It had been days since he went for the interview, but hadn't received any call yet. Finally, his phone rang as he dropped it to go take his bath. He quickly grabbed the phone. Too excited to check the caller ID.

"You can now excite your callers with great caller tunes...", "Gosh!", he exclaimed, flinging the phone on the bed. It was the network provider. Pissed, he went into the bathroom to take his bath.

2 Likes

Re: Threading The Right Path by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 19, 2014
Jelailah:
Continuation...

She picked up the phone and pressed the receive button but waited for the person at the other end to speak first.

"Hello, babe", a voice from the other end said.

"Excuse me, but may I know who this is?"

"Eh eh...don't tell me you can't recognise my voice. Any ways, its TJ"

Bimpe was more than perplexed at the sound of the name. I bet Shakespare would find it difficult to qualify her feelings with words. "TJ?!", she shrieked in anxiety.

"Why are you calling me? What else do you want from me?", she said in a shaky voice.

"Meet me at Lu4tv bar in Adeola Odekun, by 5pm on saturday"

"Bbbu...", she barely said a word before the was line cut off. She was completely devastated and wasn't aware the traffic had edged forward. "Abeg commot for road", some people were shouting at her. She quickly moved forward as she thought about TJ.

TJ, short for Tola Jumoke. She met TJ when she was in Europe. TJ also attended the same university as Bimpe. They had been best friends, not until..."hmmm", she sighed trying so hard not to remember the past events.

Tola had been staring at his phone since he woke up from his slumber. It had been days since he went for the interview, but hadn't received any call yet. Finally, his phone rang as he dropped it to go take his bath. He quickly grabbed the phone. Too excited to check the caller ID.

"You can now excite your callers with great caller tunes...", "Gosh!", he exclaimed, flinging the phone on the bed. It was the network provider. Pissed, he went into the bathroom to take his bath.

Mtn Must Be Crazy!!!!!!!m
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 9:09am On Nov 19, 2014
pelumiakinboye:

Mtn Must Be Crazy!!!!!!!m
na u tlk am o
Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2014
Dat end just got me laughing
Re: Threading The Right Path by twisty20(f): 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
Keep it up...nice update
Re: Threading The Right Path by lilypet(f): 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
nice right up dearie,i love it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ede Yoruba Dun Ka / Forever Mine / I Celebrate You Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.