Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,342 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

How Do I Stop Breastfeeding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Breastfeeding (17779 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / Bride Breastfeeding Her Child On Wedding Day (pics) / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 8:01am On Nov 16, 2014
hello moms I'm here again. I want to stop breastfeeding my baby,I tried it today but it wasn't working she cried so much that I have to give it to her. she doesn't allow me sleep at night she sucks all through the night. My first child was very easy but did second one ehn.... I don't just know how to go about it.pls help experienced moms
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by francizy(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2014
babysheju2:
hello moms I'm here again. I want to stop breastfeeding my baby,I tried it today but it wasn't working she cried so much that I have to give it to her. she doesn't allow me sleep at night she sucks all through the night. My first child was very easy but did second one ehn.... I don't just know how to go about it.pls help experienced moms

Eiyah, mother's love for her child..
Just remove the breast from her mouth shikina.. grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by kamsioghene(f): 8:15am On Nov 16, 2014
@ OP, same here. Don't know how †Φ stop. My baby would cry and scream and pull @̤̥̣̈̊̇ my top. I always end up giving it †Φ her. Dunno wat †Φ do o. My mum in law would say,even if she cries ignore her, but I can't stand her tears
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 9:47am On Nov 16, 2014
it's not that easy now...my husband always says to her"don't finish this breast for me o...because if I don finish am u no go meet am" hahaha

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
Am going thru same thing oo. Abeg expreince mamas which other method can we use my baby will cry his eyes until am forced to give him even @ night he will continue crying am even fed up sef.
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
purityme:
Am going thru same thing oo. Abeg expreince mamas which other method can we use my baby will cry his eyes until am forced to give him even @ night he will continue crying am even fed up sef.
back in the days my mama used bitter leaf. just rub d bitter leaf on d nip ples n give him to test. meanwhile have his substitute food should he reject ur brea st.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by baybiemee: 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
It should be done gradually. Start by reducing the number of times he/ she feeds in a day. Give more baby food.
To stop night feeding, make sure u feed her to her fill before she sleeps at night so she can sleep for longer hours, but when she eventually wakes up, give her tea, or water or her cereal, I said water because when some kids wake up and u give water they won't bother waking up at night again since all they will get it water.
The key is to feed them well before they sleep.

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
moms ive started mine o. I no look her face, in the morning she cried for three hours finally I fed her the already made baby food and her drugs then she slept off, the same this night...chei? she can cry. I think I took heart and became mean and wicked to her. "I'm feeling for her" u can do the same @purityme and @kamsioghene
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
U re lucky ooo, if my baby cry too long he will loss his voice and run temperature thru out that day that's my main problem I can't just stand it. And for d bitter leaf method he was lickin it small small until it cleared out. And he dosent eat well he is picky I ve tried multi vitamin and all bt its still d same but I will try ur method tomorw
babysheju2:
moms ive started mine o. I no look her face, in the morning she cried for three hours finally I fed her the already made baby food and her drugs then she slept off, the same this night...chei? she can cry. I think I took heart and became mean and wicked to her. "I'm feeling for her" u can do the same @purityme and @kamsioghene
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by teeboo: 9:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
purityme:
U re lucky ooo, if my baby cry too long he will loss his voice and run temperature thru out that day that's my main problem I can't just stand it. And for d bitter leaf method he was lickin it small small until it cleared out. And he dosent eat well he is picky I ve tried multi vitamin and all bt its still d same but I will try ur method tomorw

If d child is picky dats a long tin o,its won't be easy 2 stop breastfeeding,u have to find a way of making him stable on another food b4 u stop breastfeeding,maybe tea and bread or cereal som children prefer pap,I stop breastfeeding my son @ 11months after he's stable on cereal and milk (HEINZ and SMA) and some adult food, it was so easy. I started by reducing d number of breastfeeding,den @ nit I make sure I feed him with cereal b4 he sleeps den he'll wake up and suck only once

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
I'm giving her acepol paracetamol suspension +sypri gold+miramalt+ thiocal 12. a li2 sypri gold by 5pm so that the baby can sleep by 8:30. with that combination ehn.... she eat so much and sleeps but no that much, but before she sleeps ehn....... u go hear ween! she will be punching the bossom and crying. hope that helps. cos the pains Im going through also is much.
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
I tried reducing feeding times bt he will rather starve himself dan take anything he does nt like tea @ all no matter what I add in it. I tried differents cereals until I stop buying dem he won't burge, now I giv him pap and milk he only takes that when he is really hungry. I make noodles garnished with fish and eggs all na the same. He takes experimental foods and stop d next day infact nothing wey I never do ooo. I ve settle with pap bt only wen he is very hungry
teeboo:

If d child is picky dats a long tin o,its won't be easy 2 stop breastfeeding,u have to find a way of making him stable on another food b4 u stop breastfeeding,maybe tea and bread or cereal som children prefer pap,I stop breastfeeding my son @ 11months after he's stable on cereal and milk (HEINZ and SMA) and some adult food, it was so easy. I started by reducing d number of breastfeeding,den @ nit I make sure I feed him with cereal b4 he sleeps den he'll wake up and suck only once
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by kamsioghene(f): 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
@ babysheju. I don start my own too o. I didn't breastfeed d whole of 2day. She cried, I jst lock up. Fed her with bread and tea, friso goldcereal I hope by 2morw she ₪☺ go disturb otherwise I would have ₪☺ choice but †Φ breastfeed o.
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 10:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
This your combination got me LOL. I give him pcm only wen he has temp 4rm over long crying. And cyprivite with afrabvite 4 d multivitamin. I don tire sef maybe its because we did EBF 4 six mnth.
babysheju2:
I'm giving her acepol paracetamol suspension +sypri gold+miramalt+ thiocal 12. a li2 sypri gold by 5pm so that the baby can sleep by 8:30. with that combination ehn.... she eat so much and sleeps but no that much, but before she sleeps ehn....... u go hear ween! she will be punching the bossom and crying. hope that helps. cos the pains Im going through also is much.
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
Na only me waka come oo. I will try it tomorrow and see I wish I can start this night sef,pple no go sleep today be that. He can cry for africa lol
kamsioghene:
@ babysheju. I don start my own too o. I didn't breastfeed d whole of 2day. She cried, I jst lock up. Fed her with bread and tea, friso goldcereal I hope by 2morw she ₪☺ go disturb otherwise I would have ₪☺ choice but †Φ breastfeed o.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
**dancing sekem*** @ oghene lock up wella o. as long as u didn't breastfeed her today pls don't give her again tomorrow else she go dey purge o. e don sour be DAT as I heard o. give her tea + her food anytime she do wen wen in the midnight. give her food or teaevery two hour so that she wont miss d bossom milk too much.pls don't breastfeed her again. moms join us.
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 10:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
@ purity me am giving her acepol cos it's more powerful and works faster than normal pcm cos of her temperature after crying and I mix the drugs in her meal before feeding. u see try yours k?
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 10:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
purityme:
Na only me waka come oo. I will try it tomorrow and see I wish I can start this night sef,pple no go sleep today be that. He can cry for africa lol
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
start from tomorrow let him enjoy today n remember to give sypri gold.
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 17, 2014
babysheju2:
start from tomorrow let him enjoy today n remember to give sypri gold.
cypri gold for a baby?
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 6:23am On Nov 17, 2014
yes very little, and if u don't like it avoid it but I tell u. if u don't ehn..........................u go hear wen!
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by kamsioghene(f): 7:22am On Nov 17, 2014
babysheju2:
**dancing sekem*** @ oghene lock up wella o. as long as u didn't breastfeed her today pls don't give her again tomorrow else she go dey purge o. e don sour be DAT as I heard o. give her tea + her food anytime she do wen wen in the midnight. give her food or teaevery two hour so that she wont miss d bossom milk too much.pls don't breastfeed her again. moms join us.

Thanks for encouraging us jare. As for d sour milk, don't think that Ȋ̝̊̅§ true. I've asked some doctors and nurses, said nothing like that o. That even if you stop breastfeeding and decide †Φ continue again, U̶̲̥̅̊ can. It takes like a month or so for †ђξ breastmilk †Φ completely dry off.
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by shindarayo(f): 9:01am On Nov 17, 2014
kamsioghene:
@ OP, same here. Don't know how †Φ stop. My baby would cry and scream and pull @̤̥̣̈̊̇ my top. I always end up giving it †Φ her. Dunno wat †Φ do o. My mum in law would say,even if she cries ignore her, but I can't stand her tears
lolzz.dts d best u can do.get her a good fornularif u cant stand her cry just drop her wt ur mother in law in d morn come bk home at night.just do dis for two days and ull c hw easy it is.i hd d same pro yl trying to stop mine too.not until I did dt.and at night let her sleep wt someone else.she wld eat wat she is given wen shegets very hungry

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by kamsioghene(f): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2014
shindarayo:
lolzz.dts d best u can do.get her a good fornularif u cant stand her cry just drop her wt ur mother in law in d morn come bk home at night.just do dis for two days and ull c hw easy it is.i hd d same pro yl trying to stop mine too.not until I did dt.and at night let her sleep wt someone else.she wld eat wat she is given wen shegets very hungry

@shindarayo. Thanks. But d problem Ȋ̝̊̅§ I stay alone with my hubby. So I do d feeding and all. Mum in law stays in another state. I ₪☺ fit carry my baby go dat far o. She takes her cereal(frisogold rice and wheat cereal) well, she even takes tea and bread and recently just introduced custard. But d breast milk na d baba for her. If she ₪☺ take A̶̲̥̅♏ e go be like person wen miss e dose of drugs. Lolz

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2014
[quote author=kamsioghene post=28088899]

@shindarayo. Thanks. But d problem Ȋ̝̊̅§ I stay alone with my hubby. So I do d feeding and all. Mum in law stays in another state. I ₪☺ fit carry my baby go dat far o. She takes her cereal(frisogold rice and wheat cereal) well, she even takes tea and bread and recently just introduced custard. But d breast milk na d baba for her. If she ₪☺ take A̶̲̥̅♏ e go be like person wen miss e dose of drugs. Lolz[/quo.
@ oghene u don dey fall my hand o..... throway face na i f she no cry wen u born her who go congratulate u? me now just two day my baby has almost forgotten as long as there's food. plssssssssss nau........I'm begging try nau
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 11:06am On Nov 17, 2014
I tried last night it was not funny he refuse to sleep back and was just rolling around later he started crying I had no option dan to give him dis morning to we don start again. [quote author=babysheju2 post=28089042][/quote]
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by kamsioghene(f): 11:52am On Nov 17, 2014
@babysheju, lolz. ₪☺ worry I ₪☺ go fall Ųя hand. We are on it. So far she hasn't had breastmilk. But she wan come d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ chop like every hour. I ₪☺ know weda na †Φ punish me be dat o. .​ℓ☺ℓ. Like person wen go say sebi U̶̲̥̅̊ ₪☺ wan give me dis thing, kk I go make U̶̲̥̅̊ d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ feed me every hour. ​​​​=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)). But my boobs are heavy and they hurt a lot, I've expressed milk, but it's full again.what did U̶̲̥̅̊ do?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
@kamsioghene u no say I don dey give u thumbs up.... you just have to try,when u wanted to give birth who helped u. remember and just forget about the cry.do it yourself and for the heavy blossom ehn DAT one too much o....I no know wet in to do. the pain too much but I put cabbage on my nipples wear with nursing bra and padI heard that would make it dry faster : pls do not pump o. it will dry itself I read it online.check goggle @purity me pls give it a try forget the cry my baby did d same cried for 3hours at nite and morning u can imagine,but still I no look her face and now she getting over it gradually. love uuuuu
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by beeevan: 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
You don't wean a child abruptly, you start dropping his feeding time. Assuming you BF him 10 times a day, drop 2 meals per week till it reduces to 0. This method is painless and child adapts to normal feed quite quickly. It takes me 3 to 6 weeks to wean a baby and it's quite easier.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by AdimGreat(f): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
I'm not yet a mum but I've been with quite a no of them. Like other posters have said, try to reduce the no of times you breastfeed during the day. If it used to be four times, try as much as possible to reduce it to once. Substitute breastfeeding with any baby food your baby likes.
Try not to breastfeed at all at night. Rather, give him/her baby formula.
Once your baby goes a day without breastfeeding, that will be it.

my 50 cents
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
my friend stopped hers by leaving the house for three days. She left the baby with her sister that was staying with them. Husband and wife left to sleep somewhere else. The baby already knew the aunt, so the first night after crying for hours, she managed to give her some tea and paracetamol.

After 3 days, baby completely forgot about br. east.

Or you can take it gradually as suggested
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by kamsioghene(f): 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
AdimGreat:
I'm not yet a mum but I've been with quite a no of them. Like other posters have said, try to reduce the no of times you breastfeed during the day. If it used to be four times, try as much as possible to reduce it to once. Substitute breastfeeding with any baby food your baby likes.
Try not to breastfeed at all at night. Rather, give him/her baby formula.
Once your baby goes a day without breastfeeding, that will be it.

my 50 cents

Yea, I have stopped breastfeeding @̤̥̣̈̊̇ night, just during †ђξ day. That was †ђξ problem, but I guess it's ₪☺ longer an issue cos it was a success 2day. She didn't cry, fed her different meals and she was satisfied. Bye bye †Φ breastfeeding. .​ℓ☺ℓ. @babysheju, Ƭћǟπƙ§ for encouraging. @ Purity, U̶̲̥̅̊ can do it if U̶̲̥̅̊ put Ųя mind †Φ it. Luv u

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Old Couple In Wedding Attire / A True Mother/virtuous Woman (pic) / The Family And Adult Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.