Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

How Do I Stop Breastfeeding - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Breastfeeding (17821 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / Bride Breastfeeding Her Child On Wedding Day (pics) / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by AdimGreat(f): 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
kamsioghene:

Yea, I have stopped breastfeeding @̤̥̣̈̊̇ night, just during †ђξ day. That was †ђξ problem, but I guess it's ₪☺ longer an issue cos it was a success 2day. She didn't cry, fed her different meals and she was satisfied. Bye bye †Φ breastfeeding. .​ℓ☺ℓ. @babysheju, Ƭћǟπƙ§ for encouraging. @ Purity, U̶̲̥̅̊ can do it if U̶̲̥̅̊ put Ųя mind †Φ it. Luv u

Thumbs up! super momma!

On to the next>> wink
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
@oghene ywc
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by kamsioghene(f): 8:46am On Nov 18, 2014
AdimGreat:

Thumbs up! super momma!

On to the next>> wink

Abi o. Lolz

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2014
@ oghene YWC ***feeling like a madam*** hhmmm how today Noah? mine has completely forgotten I'm so happy @purityme lets know w@ happening nah....
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
@adimgeeat thumbs up...I'm so happy @purityme how e dey go nah?
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
Mamas nothing yet ooo, infact he is down with fever and cold so I guess I will take my time just as beevan adviced or I leave him with someone 4 days just as adim suggested 4 now my sentiment and emotion is gettin me and once he is ok. But I ve limit d nos of breastfeeding time. Will kip u updated. One luv
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by kamsioghene(f): 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
babysheju2:
@ oghene YWC ***feeling like a madam*** hhmmm how today Noah? mine has completely forgotten I'm so happy @purityme lets know w@ happening nah....

.​ℓ☺ℓ. Yes o. 2day was good. There were a few times she remembered but got distracted again. I'm so happy she didn't give much trouble. @ purityme, pele. Plz take good care of Ųя baby.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by ffrreeee(f): 3:25am On Nov 19, 2014
I've started mine.since 11days ago, but they haven't forgotten. Taiwo cried a lot for the first 4days. But kehinde started his own cry 2days ago. Am.so tired, and can't wait for the milk to dry off
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by kamsioghene(f): 7:17am On Nov 19, 2014
ffrreeee:
I've started mine.since 11days ago, but they haven't forgotten. Taiwo cried a lot for the first 4days. But kehinde started his own cry 2days ago. Am.so tired, and can't wait for the milk to dry off

U̶̲̥̅̊ breastfeed? Cos Ųя sex says Male. Just wondering....
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 8:50am On Nov 19, 2014
@purityme sowi ehn....takekia of him well n let's us knw the development wen he's OK ehn? the Lord is your strength @ffreeee chei I praise and envy u o. cos to bf two is not easy u should have stopped at six month nah...(just saying o)cos d stress would be much....
.and I envy u cos I've been praying for twins..... but two boys o cos I already have two girls. God will help u ehn I feel for u. love uuuuu
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by ffrreeee(f): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
kamsioghene:

U̶̲̥̅̊ breastfeed? Cos Ųя sex says Male. Just wondering....
. Don't mind me, I made a mistake while registering on nairaland. I'm a woman
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by ffrreeee(f): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
@ffreeee chei I praise and envy u o. cos to bf two is not easy u should have stopped at six month nah...(just saying o)cos d stress would be much....
.and I envy u cos I've been praying for twins..... but two boys o cos I already have two girls. God will help u ehn I feel for u. love uuuuu[/quote]. Lol, you will also have yours soon. They are two boys and 11months old. They are really stressing me on this weaning process
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
amen. takia ehn....
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by Rosarie(f): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
purityme:
U re lucky ooo, if my baby cry too long he will loss his voice and run temperature thru out that day that's my main problem I can't just stand it. And for d bitter leaf method he was lickin it small small until it cleared out. And he dosent eat well he is picky I ve tried multi vitamin and all bt its still d same but I will try ur method tomorw
did u d baby fruendly.?
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by smartmom(f): 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hmm well done moms in the house. Breastfeeding is a noble thing to do. Despite all the hassles, I would do it again in another life time wink cheesy. Hopefully I wont ever have to do so again(by the special grace of God) since I have resigned from all such duties wink. I remember clearly the painful and engorged bosom after an abrupt ceasing of breastfeeding from my 1st. For the remaining 3, I did it gradually and waited till they became older and had a well established normal diet routine before stopping them. I feed them exclusive but introduced pap and cereals at 4 months. It is important to introduce family diet to them as soon as possible. When eating, let them have a taste of your food early enough. It helps.

Please do not stop your baby when he/she is sick. Go with your gut feeling about when to stop. I breastfed them all till a minimum of 12months. Longest was 16months because he was a smaller baby and picky eater.

Please dont mind the ppl that tell you to stick to their own time table. Or the jealous daddies for that matter grin grin. The bosom is for the baby anyway. It wont fall either. I speak from experience smiley smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
Yes I did baby friendly and I think dats d prblm
Rosarie:
did u d baby fruendly.?
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2014
Alo mama hw una dey @ smartmom thanks for ur advice I ve reduced feeding time he is a 15mnths nw, so by ending dis month he wold ve been used to it. And he is getting better nw

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
@ last am making progress hehehehe, so dis morning I made up my mind I gave him in the morning wen he cried. Then I remember he is scared of plaster. He once saw it on my hand and he dnt let me carry him with the hand. So I plastered my nips and throwaway face. He was crying I gave him food he refused and was struggling to open my blouse. I willingly brought it out. He screamed and removed his hand he jejely took his pap. And since den. Once he wants to suck I just open 4 him. Lol no boby tell am na. Hehehehe we re on still on on it 5hrs and still counting.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
How is your baby doing I don finally join una club @kamisoghene hw u too
babysheju2:
amen. takia ehn....
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by smartmom(f): 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
purityme:
@ last am making progress hehehehe, so dis morning I made up my mind I gave him in the morning wen he cried. Then I remember he is scared of plaster. He once saw it on my hand and he dnt let me carry him with the hand. So I plastered my nips and throwaway face. He was crying I gave him food he refused and was struggling to open my blouse. I willingly brought it out. He screamed and removed his hand he jejely took his pap. And since den. Once he wants to suck I just open 4 him. Lol no boby tell am na. Hehehehe we re on still on on it 5hrs and still counting.
smiley wink oh am still laffing o. You are one smart woman! very inventive indeed. Very mean nutty mummy. Well done! if it gets engorged, express a little and take paracetamol
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2014
Thanks smartmom, today has been a successful day. So preparing for the night drama his pap is ready so once he wakes up I will give him water or pap he cried before sleeping bt he was full he dnt even ask for it. I believe by tomorw he will be use to it
smartmom:

smiley wink oh am still laffing o. You are one smart woman! very inventive indeed. Very mean nutty mummy. Well done! if it gets engorged, express a little and take paracetamol
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
gosh!!!!!!! @purityme abeg no kill me with laff o winkgosh!!!!!!! @purityme abeg no kill me with laff o....sorry I replied late okay now u re mean. it now eight days and she has forgotten just that she eats almost every hour and cries before sleeping at night and she also eats with the family and food isn't ready ha! na soso cry sote the whole street go hear her voice secondly the breast self dey vex her anytime she see the breast na to bite and Lol. in fact breastfeeding is now past. and as for the sore breast express lit2 milk and use Chinese balm to rubb it will reduce as in the pains okay hope u understand good luck
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by babysheju2(f): 10:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
@purityme do you feed him only pap? no soybeans, groundnut, crayfish etc it won't make him loose weight sorry about the sore breast okay u ll soon overcome it me my breast has returned to normal size and now I'm free soooioi happy take kia of urselve OK. love uuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by purityme: 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
I ve tried all dis concotions he didn't like it so I use to mix it wit peak 123 and he eats anything now. Dat pap is just topping.
babysheju2:
@purityme do you feed him only pap? no soybeans, groundnut, crayfish etc it won't make him loose weight sorry about the sore breast okay u ll soon overcome it me my breast has returned to normal size and now I'm free soooioi happy take kia of urselve OK. love uuuuuuuuuuuuuu

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by smartmom(f): 9:03am On Nov 25, 2014
Well done! By the next baby, you would be a pro wink
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by savitathakurz: 10:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
HI, If you want to stop breastfeeding gently i have found a complate a guide about.. you can check here https://khojdo.com/how-to-stop-breastfeeding-complete-guide/
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by Napoleonok: 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
Here is a better way to stop breastfeeding. Read the complete guide https://khojdo.com/how-to-stop-breastfeeding-complete-guide/
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by Marola(f): 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
I'm reading this post in 2021 and I am finding it really helpful. I am sharing my experience as well to assist someone else in future. Trying to wean my 1y8months daughter .Reducing breastfeeding isn't working because we are always together once she gets home from creche. So first day I rubbed with Aloe vera its edible by the way .Omo madam just suckled on as if nothing dey � .Next I rubbed bitter leaf she was just licking and suckling at the same time .The shock brought me online then I saw the comment on nairaland where someone commented she used plaster .I didn't have plaster so i used big celotape .Let's just say that has been doing the magic .Today is day 2 and we are going strong. She had bread with tea during the night and 2 sweets �. With plenty of water .So my advice
1. Make up your mind
2.Have loads of orishirishi snacks
3.There mouths has to be occupied always
4. Have plenty spare time .There is public holiday/weekend so perfect timing so i can sleep when she sleeps and be awake when she's awake .
Hope this helps someone in the nearest future xoxo.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by Marola(f): 12:54pm On Apr 03, 2021
purityme:

Your comment is helping me in 2021 oo.I used big celotape though .I don't have plaster .Thanks for sharing your experience.
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by Orente21(f): 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2021
Thanks for your comments senior Mama's. Since I told my husband last week that I ll stop breastfeeding his son during this holiday, DS has been having fever. He stop eating other food now focusing on the bre*st

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by IyaTola: 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
wink
Re: How Do I Stop Breastfeeding by LittleBigDick(m): 9:01am On Apr 10, 2023
IyaTola:
wink

Come lemme help liquidate those mf bobos of yours.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Talk To Me / The Family And Adult Education / Is It HygienicTo Eat Breakfast Before Brushing Your Teeth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.