Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? (48506 Views)

Nigerian Military Buried Shiite Members Alive- Amnesty International. / National Conference: TINUBU Was Right Afterall / Ojukwu Was Right Afterall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by akay48(m): 4:19am On Nov 18, 2014
ikp4succes:

and after they torture ur bro or mom to death, let me see whether u won't joining Boko haram to revenge against the military. The Nigeria Military is just fighting the people and they cannot win with this tactics..

2 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by birdman(m): 4:24am On Nov 18, 2014
isalegan2:

Thank you. I also posted a thread about this a year and a half ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/1273986/massacre-nigeria-spurs-outcry-over

It is indescribably saddening that fellow Nigerians are so blinded by tribal hate and religious bigotry that they are unwilling to even consider the possibility that these people in the North may not all be murderers out to slit their throats to spread Islam. They never doubt that the propaganda that is being fed them is too fantastic and incredible to be believed by a 10-year old with a functioning brain.

Have you ever found a group answering to the name "Boko Haram"?

So the dudes in the south receiving beheaded and macheted bodies are looking at propaganda? undecided In your haste to prove a point, you want to paper over real issues. Most Nigerians viewing the north with suspicion are not rolling in tribal hate. I dont hate anyone, and frankly, off nairaland, I dont know anyone that has time to be hating on other folks. But the simple truth is that guys like Gumi, especially his dreaded, late father and a cast of others have significant support in the north. And for those of us who actually criss cross the nation, we have seen what happens when their followers go on "rallies", and how the innocent 95% of northerners seem to dissapear when these extremists decide to do some "forced conversions".

If people are expressing reservations and suspicions about northerners (yes, this includes my favorite Buhari), etc, not only is it reasonable to do so, it would be foolish not to. Northerners do not deserve BH just like you alluded to, but abeg, lets stop revising history to prove a point

1 Like

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Ilekeh(f): 4:28am On Nov 18, 2014
SMH @ the comments on page 1.

There's no point in trying to enlighten Nigerians/NLers.

2 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by unmask: 5:52am On Nov 18, 2014
Adetula1:
in war times,there's nothing called "innocent" as long you are caught in and around battle line.our prayer is never to be a victim.
when your family member or probably your whole family gets detained for 3 years, hope you will agree it is war time...... Maybe then you will know how some people feel

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by xcolanto(m): 5:57am On Nov 18, 2014
texazzpete:

Every single one you listed is there. I just picked 3 out of the list as an example. Please don't be lazy and do your own googling yourself.

Amnesty International criticize everyone, including all the usual suspects you brainless conspiracy theorists like to blame.

As far as 'desperate politicians' are concerned, good job pretending it's just the opposition that reap PR benefit from these attacks.

How many world governments have been convicted due to evidence of human rights abuses from AI? What measures has AI taken in curtailing future occurrences of human right abuses world wide?

Quit using the AI cover to express your soft spot for boko! Going through your threads on NL, your yet to condem the atrocities and wanton killings of the sect but your quick to lash out on the FG? It's amazing how you and your likes are pro boko because GEJ a southern minority and a christain is at the helm of affairs. At the end of the war with boko you and AI would present your cases when needed. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by endy231: 9:06am On Nov 18, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]Sometimes we talk too much over simple things. If you think the army is useless or not helpful, try removing the army totally from the northeast and see if any governor or political office holder can stay there. There is judas everywhere and the army isnt an exception. This is the first time the army would be engaged in guerrilla warfare. Try watching videos of the biafra war, the army did not sieve or filter defenseless children and woman, they were all killed each time the army captured a stronghold.

This soldiers are human beings like me and you. (enlisted to die you may respond) while some are enlisted to make noise on nairaland. When Japan attacked US ship and very few americans died, young american men rose up and volunteered to join the army just to fight japan. more than 10million men volunteered.

We are a nation of over 160million and we have less than 80,000 army officers + recruits or korofo. Infact the full armed forces is far less than 200,000.

Nigeria is all we have as youths. If any civil war breaks out all these old politicians would fly out of the country and wait for us to finish killing ourselves, then return to continue with the looting. we have to come together as one and tackle BH. How can we dialogue with faceless monsters, killing christians and muslims alike. Its more than a religion thingyyyy. BH are lunatics... Bombing schools (are there not muslims and christians alike in the school).
I would always tell people that whether its GEJ or APC that is behind BH, the truth would be out soon, but mean while we need to see ourselves as one and encourage our troops. At Least for now the army is the only option we have to witness something close to sanity in the north east.

Long live the Army
long live Nairaland
Long live Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by endy231: 9:56am On Nov 18, 2014
Continue with the blame game and when you are done a bomb may just explode in ur backyard. There is no time to blame my brother. Their was a deliberate attempt by past civilian leaders to weaken the army in fear of a violent take over of power by the army, thats what we are paying for now. If the army has been allowed to grow the way it was thriving before, defeating BH would be easier than it seems now.

The so called rapid response squad option has been used, they recorded huge success, when special forces from 82 division flew in during one of the biggest BH attacks in Maid, however the tempo wasn't sustained my opinion for now would be a cover and smoke strategy, but its so bad that such a strategy would require more than 50% of the army to be on ground in the northeast. it has become obvious that we are short of soldiers.

Our country is at war, we should be united and encourage our troops. its sad to say, but unwarranted deaths may occur. Efforts should be put in place to minimize it.

Horus:

I will continue to blame your corrupt and clueless GEJ (Watch the video below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRMUYlvqUBI

[size=15pt]Boko Haram Are Getting Arms From The Nigerian Armed Forces[/size]

Ever wondered where the Islamist sect Boko haram get their arms?. A Public Affairs Analyst, Mahmood Othman, says
the members of Boko Haram get their arms from the Nigerian Armed Forces. He said that the arms are gotten whenever they attack Police stations and military posts.

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by MadCow1: 10:20am On Nov 18, 2014
texazzpete:

Nope, you don't need to airlift tanks and APCs. Most Boko Haram assaults are backed with Hiluxes (armed with mounted machine guns) and motorcycles.
Send in well armed troops with mortars, light anti-tank rockets and machine guns and you'll have the makings of a very good ambush. Of course, air support to pound ground troops.
There's no indication that Boko Haram has an extensive anti-aircraft arsenal, if any.
Setting up rapid response squads has the advantage of moving in elite troops to combat areas quickly, instead of relying on the regular troops that are more likely to panic and run away.

[b]So again it boils down to response time..

Unfortunately, the Nigerian Army cant afford to locate an entire Mechanized platoon in every Local Government Area in the North East. So what still happens today they have barracks and bases littered across the North East.. When a Distress call comes through, they immediately start mobilizing and heading to the location which atimes are over 50'km away.. Hiluxes may move fast, but Tanks and APC's have lesser speeds. The Only Option we have is to use our Helicopter Gunships to respond. But like I pointed out, Its difficult to hit ground targets that are mixed up with civilians from the Air..

Also remember that the Terrorists have the advantage of surprise. Plus there have been several happenings where they carry out an Attack on a Village only as an Ambush trap to catch our Military unawares enroute to the troubled areas..

Our Elite Forces are better for Search and rescue| Hostage situations| incursion missions as against sending them into a hot zone to go do urban warfare with perps they cant distinguish from civilians. Sort of like the U,S navy seals.

Remember that these are insurgents we are fighting, not an organized armed force.[/b]

texazzpete:

No. Convoys stream into and from towns under attack. No consistent MO to intercept and destroy such columns. Boko Haram's APCs and gun-equipped hiluxes move through motorable roads. We are desperately short of attack helicopters, which is a serious travesty.
According to Wikipedia, we only have 8 Mi-35 Hind attack helicopters! (seems we placed an order just 2 months ago for some new ones).

On the issue of being short of Military hardware, that goes without saying.

But for you to be able to carry out an attack on a Convoy, you have to know when the Convoy is on the move and that is why I say the Nigerian Millitary are failing in this war due to poor Intelligence rather than inadequate weaponery because I can bet my bottom dollar that EVERY weapon that Boko Haram has in their arsenal, the Nigerian Army has same and more.

texazzpete:

Many of these communities actively assist the Army. Of course, many are reluctant to rat out BH, because they know the Army will not protect them, and they know that many Nigerians on Nairaland will laugh when Boko Haram kills them in reprisal cheesy

Very funny..

I think the reason for the reluctance of the villagers to help the Army against the Militants is because of the religous/ethinic cleansing undertone to the war and because they fear the actions of Boko Haram way more than they do the Government. They know that if they rat out some of the insurgents, those they missed would mobilize and hit them even harder.. So it really a tight situation they find themselves in..

The Army needs to get community leaders and islamic clerics on their team.

texazzpete:

You're a different breed from many of the other people arguing here. at least you accept there is a problem. You see how many here do not?
We need to accept there's a problem so we work to change it, so it becomes something we can legislate to fix. It's not just about Boko Haram war. Why the heck should a soldier call the man whose tax pays his salaries a 'bloody civilian'? Why is it 'normal' for a poorly educated soldier to have the power/right to horsewhip a Nigerian Citizen?

We can and should try to fix this.

Argh!! Even the Civilian Adminsitration in place today has VERY limited control over the Army.. And this is a problem.

The Army still see themselves as being of a different heirachy in our society that should be feared. The mentality from the Military era has not cleared. Couple this with the uselessness of our Education system in General where a Child goes from Primary 1 to ss3 and is still less intelligent than an American 3rd Grader. The Nigerian Army is filled with societies rejects and led by men of questionable chracter.. Most especially the Nigerian Army as you barely hear shiit about the Navy and Airforce.

Until we conciously fix our Education system from Kindergarten to Univerisity/Technical school level.. We would continue to suffer the effects of this in every sector of the Nation.. From the Civil Service to the Armed forces to even domestic staff.

1 Like

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 18, 2014
Now OK IJA is making sense.
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by richeso: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
oncheckent:

Wow!!! You are a very deep!!! What rubbish! Shi.t happens, sometimes engineered by man other times it just happens. Guy start thinking with your head.

wetin you smoke?
chai.. nothing we no go see for nairaland oo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by samento: 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
Rad1cal:
To hell with amnesty international and her proponents. All we want is for the activities of the haramites to be brutally cut short , even though unavoidable cases of collateral damage will be recorded.
Will amnesty international fight for you.
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Horus(m): 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
endy231:
Continue with the blame game and when you are done a bomb may just explode in ur backyard. There is no time to blame my brother. Their was a deliberate attempt by past civilian leaders to weaken the army in fear of a violent take over of power by the army, thats what we are paying for now. If the army has been allowed to grow the way it was thriving before, defeating BH would be easier than it seems now.

The so called rapid response squad option has been used, they recorded huge success, when special forces from 82 division flew in during one of the biggest BH attacks in Maid, however the tempo wasn't sustained my opinion for now would be a cover and smoke strategy, but its so bad that such a strategy would require more than 50% of the army to be on ground in the northeast. it has become obvious that we are short of soldiers.

Our country is at war, we should be united and encourage our troops. its sad to say, but unwarranted deaths may occur. Efforts should be put in place to minimize it.

What an hypocrit, You are the one who started to blame me with your insults just because I posted a video from the british Channel 4 Dispatches Program for exposing the truth about the hidden war that is been waged in Nigeria against Nigerians by Boko Haram in connivance with Nigerian State Agents. Now people who are killed by Boko Haram are also victims of human rights violations. Are the British Channel 4 Television journalists Boko Haram sympathizers for exposing the truth?. The problem in the Nigerian Armed Forces is Corruption, the money that should be allocated to help the Army in the fight against the terrorists is embezzled on a regular basis by corrupts military officers with the complicity of the Nigerian Government. Part of the problem is that because of the embezzlement of funds the army is now equipped only for a conventional war, and not against the type of insurgency being waged by a more and more sophisticated foreign backed Boko Haram. Here it is Corruption and bad governance who are responsible, and not the journalists for exposing the truth.
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 19, 2014
texazzpete:

Again, you need to learn how to read. The people who are complaining are the ones that even the Army accept are innocent. When you have someone in detention for months with no trial, is it rocket science before you accept that something is wrong?
thank u
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2014
xcolanto:

How many world governments have been convicted due to evidence of human rights abuses from AI? What measures has AI taken in curtailing future occurrences of human right abuses world wide?

Quit using the AI cover to express your soft spot for boko! Going through your threads on NL, your yet to condem the atrocities and wanton killings of the sect but your quick to lash out on the FG? It's amazing how you and your likes are pro boko because GEJ a southern minority and a christain is at the helm of affairs. At the end of the war with boko you and AI would present your cases when needed. Cheers!

Now I've seen it all on Nairaland. The day I - a Christian from a southern minority tribe - have been accused of being anti-GEJ because he's a 'Christian from a southern minority tribe'. And this accusation from known m0r0n, for that matter.

cheesy

I daresay I've done more complaining and lamenting the shoddy situation we find ourselves in than yourself. I'm not sure why you hold terrorists in such high regard that you have to 'condemn' them all the time, as if you had high hopes for them before.

1 Like

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
texazzpete:

Now I've seen it all on Nairaland. The day I - a Christian from a southern minority tribe - have been accused of being anti-GEJ because he's a 'Christian from a southern minority tribe'. And this accusation from known m0r0n, for that matter.

cheesy

I daresay I've done more complaining and lamenting the shoddy situation we find ourselves in than yourself. I'm not sure why you hold terrorists in such high regard that you have to 'condemn' them all the time, as if you had high hopes for them before.

*falls to ground* Quote of the Week
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
@ texazzpete As for accusations on Nairaland, I've been accused of being from Thailand, being a witch, a lesbian, a transvestite, a villager posing as a diasporan, and recently, a gold digger. Let me know when you get to my level wink

3 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by xcolanto(m): 11:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
texazzpete:

[s][/s]Now I've seen it all on Nairaland. The day I - a Christian from a southern minority tribe - have been accused of being anti-GEJ because he's a 'Christian from a southern minority tribe'. And this accusation from known m0r0n, for that matter.

cheesy

[s][/s]

Crap! When one begins to foam in the mouth jst to sound smart then for sure the mouth is infected! Run along now..... grin
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 3:26am On Nov 20, 2014
MissMeiya:
@ texazzpete As for accusations on Nairaland, I've been accused of being from Thailand, being a witch, a lesbian, a transvestite, a villager posing as a diasporan, and recently, a gold digger. Let me know when you get to my level wink

Lmao! That is some cocktail O.o
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 10:53am On Nov 20, 2014
xcolanto:
[s][/s]

Crap! When one begins to foam in the mouth jst to sound smart then for sure the mouth is infected! Run along now..... grin

TRANSLATION: "I am too daft to come up with a logical response so I will try to come up with a face saving smart-alec response and end it with a smiley so people don't realize how brainless I am"

To your credit, though, you seem marginally smarter than the average im'becile cheesy
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 11:02am On Nov 20, 2014
MissMeiya:

Ok, You have me beaten. I've never been accused of being a 'witch, lesbian, transvestite' before cheesy

This forum is overrun with people who jump to daft conclusions

You say you think the Anti-homosexuality laws are too draconian? Someone pops up to accuse you of 'being gay'
You say the Nigerian Army has a record of harming innocents? Someone pops up to accuse you of being 'pro-Boko Haram'

Complain about some FG policies? Some paid clown says you're 'Pro APC'
Say you don't think Nigeria can build an aircraft carrier in 10 years? Someone says you have an 'inferiority complex'

it's almost like some people (see @xcolanto for example) have no stomach for logical debate.

2 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by xcolanto(m): 11:18am On Nov 20, 2014
texazzpete:

TRANSLATION: "I am too daft to come up with a logical response so I will try to come up with a face saving smart-alec response and end it with a smiley so people don't realize how brainless I am"

To your credit, though, you seem marginally smarter than the average im'becile cheesy

Gosh you pained! Bitterness is a disease and its contagious grin grin
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 11:39am On Nov 20, 2014
xcolanto:

Gosh you pained! Bitterness is a disease and its contagious grin grin

Yeah, not doing these childish games with you.

Goodbye, Mr Xcolanto. It was not fun debating with you cheesy
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Lmao! That is some cocktail O.o

Funny, right? I can't wait to see what they come up with next cheesy

Every once in a while, gotta remember that no one knows who we are LOL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami, Gusau, Abdullahi Are Supporting Peter Obi - Sowore / EndSARS Protesters Hit Osogbo Roads, Storm House Of Assembly / Copy Of The Petition Against The Deputy Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.