Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? (48473 Views)

Nigerian Military Buried Shiite Members Alive- Amnesty International. / National Conference: TINUBU Was Right Afterall / Ojukwu Was Right Afterall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
Remember when everyone was up in arms, railing at Amnesty International's report that insisted that Nigerian Security forces were guilty of mass human right violations, tortures, illegal detentions and worse?

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/nigeria-s-torture-chambers-exposed-new-report-2014-09-18
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/168339-nigerian-security-forces-maim-kill-thousands-in-torture-chambers-amnesty-international.html

Amnesty said in the northeast since 2009, Nigerian security forces have detained as many as 10,000 people, including children as young as 12 years old.

Belay said investigations were slow, and sometimes nonexistent, and detainees were held in extremely poor conditions at military facilities.

“People arbitrarily arrested and detained without any evidence are waiting a significantly long period of time for them to be cleared. In the process, most of them are dying or being subjected to various forms of torture, including extrajudicial execution at times,” he said

Well, now it turns out that those stories were 100% real. The Army just released innocent suspects that had been in illegal detention for YEARS, and some of those people have come forward with harrowing stories of torture, detention and deaths.

Are we now going to have a serious conversation about this? Police and Army brutality has run unchecked for years. when are we going to turn this around?

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
Just for Clarity

Army frees 42 detained 'Boko Haram Suspects'
https://www.nairaland.com/1984806/nigerian-army-frees-42-detained

UNIMAID student spent 3 horrible years in illegal Army detention

https://www.nairaland.com/1988547/unimaid-student-spent-3-horrible

7 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Rasbajan: 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

Remember when everyone was up in arms, railing at Amnesty International's report that insisted that Nigerian Security forces were guilty of mass human right violations, tortures, illegal detentions and worse?

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/nigeria-s-torture-chambers-exposed-new-report-2014-09-18
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/168339-nigerian-security-forces-maim-kill-thousands-in-torture-chambers-amnesty-international.html

Well, now it turns out that those stories were 100% real. The Army just released innocent suspects that had been in illegal detention for YEARS, and some of those people have come forward with harrowing stories of torture, detention and deaths.

Are we now going to have a serious conversation about this? Police and Army brutality has run unchecked for years. when are we going to turn this around?

OP. I agree with you.

Do you know that we can cry & cry & cry again, yet nothing concrete would be done.

This group of devils deserve to dance to their own tune.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Mogidi: 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

You don't join a terrorist organisation and expect human rights, that is the price you pay for chopping the heads of infidels off.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Adetula1(m): 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
in war times,there's nothing called "innocent" as long you are caught in and around battle line.our prayer is never to be a victim.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Rad1cal: 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
To hell with amnesty international and her proponents. All we want is for the activities of the haramites to be brutally cut short , even though unavoidable cases of collateral damage will be recorded.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
Rad1cal:
To hell with amnesty international and her proponents. All we want is for the activities of the haramites to be brutally cut short , even though unavoidable cases of collateral damage will be recorded.

I suspect you would not be pleased to be one of those 'unavoidable cases of collateral damage'

I still remember the sadness in my colleague's face when he recounts how his grandfather, a Biafra war veteran, was killed in the Army sack of Odi.

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Mogidi: 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
Islamic State militants fighting in Iraq and Syria claimed in a video posted online on Sunday that they had beheaded American hostage Peter Kassig.

The video did not show the beheading but showed a masked man standing with a decapitated head covered in blood lying at his feet. Speaking in English in a British accent, the man says: "This is Peter Edward Kassig, a US citizen."

Reuters could not immediately verify the authenticity of the footage, which appeared on a jihadist website and on Twitter feeds used by Islamic State.

Kassig, a 26-year-old from Indiana, is also known as Abdul-Rahman, a name he took following his conversion to Islam while in captivity.

Kassig's parents have said through a spokesperson their son was taken captive on his way to the eastern Syrian city of Deir al-Zor on Oct. 1, 2013.
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/ISIS-claims-to-behead-American-hostage-Peter-Kassig-in-video-381922

When the above murderers are caught in a few years time they'd be screaming of human rights. What happened to the human rights of the man they beheaded?

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Mogidi: 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

I suspect you would not be pleased to be one of those 'unavoidable cases of collateral damage'

I still remember the sadness in my colleague's face when he recounts how his grandfather, a Biafra war veteran, was killed in the Army sack of Odi.

While you're doing everything to portray these monsters as lovable rogues, spare a thought for the victims.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
Mogidi:

When the above murderers are caught in a few years time they'd be screaming of human rights. What happened to the human rights of the man they beheaded?

Again, you need to learn how to read. The people who are complaining are the ones that even the Army accept are innocent. When you have someone in detention for months with no trial, is it rocket science before you accept that something is wrong?

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Mogidi: 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

Please send me your address via PM. There are some books (pictured below) that I can send you so you can learn how to properly comprehend written English.

Cheers

You've just proven you have the debating skills of Are-Musiwa. What has the above got to do with your rant about human rights for terrorist?

30 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Mogidi: 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

Again, you need to learn how to read. The people who are complaining are the ones that even the Army accept are innocent. When you have someone in detention for months with no trial, is it rocket science before you accept that something is wrong?

You can shove your boko haram sympathies elsewhere. Many people also got taken from Iraq to Guantanamo bay for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. If they were innocent there are courts of capable jurisdiction to hear their cases. You don't feed, clothe,mingle etc with terrorist and expect not to face the wrath of the law.

41 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 1:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
Another post from @Mogidi

Mogidi:

Like you I also believe they're not in sambisa but hiding in a house in Daura, at the home of the Buko hari leader himself Ayatolah Buhari.

No care at all for the 200+ (largely christian) girls kidnapped and being molested by Boko Haram. All his desire is to fulfil the promise he made to his paymasters to pin the blame on APC/Buhari/Opposition.

Now he says he 'cares about the victims' cheesy

Someone that was laughing and sneering about kidnapped Chibok girls is now quoting news about an American beheaded by Isis to show that he cares about terrorist victims.

Mogidi, what will you do when GEJ wins in 2015 and your employers no longer need to pay you?

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 1:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
Mogidi:

You don't feed, clothe,mingle etc with terrorist and expect not to face the wrath of the law.

Any source for this? That those people the Army released recently were 'feeding, clothing and mingling' with terrorists?

or did you just pull this out of your posterior end?

15 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Mogidi: 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

I suspect the innocent UNIMAID student that was recently released after 3 years in detention does not consider himself a 'monster'.
So one UNIMAID student caught in the wrong place at the wrong time should be used to judge the military?

It's laughable people like you want to try to pretend like you care about the victims. You don't. All you paid sycophants care about is to pin the carnage on the opposition. People like you were jubilating at Eagle square when your fellow Nigerians were mourning the dead children in Yobe.

Are you not the one that made this post
Now you're pretending to care about the victims!!

I did say the above and I repeat, as long as northerners are in cohort with bokoharam theirs very little outsiders can do to help end the insurgency. Shove your sympathies somewhere else.

11 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Mogidi: 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:
Another post from @Mogidi

No care at all for the 200+ (largely christian) girls kidnapped and being molested by Boko Haram. All his desire is to fulfil the promise he made to his paymasters to pin the blame on APC/Buhari/Opposition.

Now he says he 'cares about the victims' cheesy

Someone that was laughing and sneering about kidnapped Chibok girls is now quoting news about an American beheaded by Isis to show that he cares about terrorist victims.

Mogidi, what will you do when GEJ wins in 2015 and your employers no longer need to pay you?

I did say the above, you people created a hydra monster you can't control and expect pity. As for the Chibok girls, the story was politicised from the beginning, the roles played by the Governor, the college principal etc convoluted the entire narrative.

8 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

unfortunately we can do nothing about it. Nigeria is so messed up.
Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Mogidi: 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

Any source for this? That those people the Army released recently were 'feeding, clothing and mingling' with terrorists?

Were they picked from the sky? The onus is on you to explain how they were picked up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
OP I never doubted them in the first place. People who still believe our government at this point, have endless optimism. And I'm being generous when I say that.

18 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Pataki: 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

You have an enduring skill of patience in lecturing a spambot.

I am most envious of that.

@ topic,

This rather shows/depicts how ineffective our military has been. You then begin to wonder, when Jonathan said they had been handling Boko Haram with kid gloves, it means he was utterly lying. As it so seems/appears, the military has been carrying out its own carnage on the North aside the fetid paparazzi of Boko Haram and its terrorist activities.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 2:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
Mogidi:

So one UNIMAID student caught in the wrong place at the wrong time should be used to judge the military?

One? try the 200+ that the Army recently released. I've just highlighted one as an example. You do know what an example is, don't you?

PS: Usually, 'wrong place and wrong time' doesn't apply to someone's own bedroom.

Mogidi:

I did say the above and I repeat, as long as northerners are in cohort with bokoharam theirs very little outsiders can do to help end the insurgency. Shove your sympathies somewhere else.

more than 50 million Northerners. Care to show any research you have that all 50 million Northerners were 'in cohort' with Boko Haram?
If we agree that Boko Haram has less than 50,000 fighters, that's 0.1% of Northerners in active support.

I'm also not sure that your viewpoint isn't a clear example of religious intolerance and ethnic bias. I certainly didn't see loads of posts on Nairaland back then alleging that every single Niger Deltan was in support of the creek rebels. Why is it now different when it comes to the North?

You also have posts in your history where you laugh about Northerners being slaughtered by BH...then you turn around and claim BH enjoys wide support among Northerners. So which is it? Or does your hatred (and the crisp naira notes your masters pay you) cause intense confusion?

46 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
Pataki:

You have an enduring skill of patience in lecturing a spambot.

I am most envious of that.

Yeah, this Mogidi fellow seems unrepentant and irredeemable. I see what you mean, I could have made far more productive use of my time by breaking some cups of Egusi cheesy

By March 2015, many like him will be roaming the streets once again. I only worry that with no morals, no conscience and no values, when this lucrative assignment as a paid sycophant is over, he and his cohorts may turn to armed robbery or kidnapping sad

20 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Mogidi: 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
texazzpete:

One? try the 200+ that the Army recently released. I've just highlighted one as an example. You do know what an example is, don't you?

PS: Usually, 'wrong place and wrong time' doesn't apply to someone's own bedroom.

more than 50 million Northerners. Care to show any research you have that all 50 million Northerners were 'in cohort' with Boko Haram?
If we agree that Boko Haram has less than 50,000 fighters, that's 0.1% of Northerners in active support.

I'm also not sure that your viewpoint isn't a clear example of religious intolerance and ethnic bias. I certainly didn't see loads of posts on Nairaland back then alleging that every single Niger Deltan was in support of the creek rebels. Why is it now different when it comes to the North?

You also have posts in your history where you laugh about Northerners being slaughtered by BH...then you turn around and claim BH enjoys wide support among Northerners. So which is it? Or does your hatred (and the crisp naira notes your masters pay you) cause intense confusion?

At the peak of the Niger Delta campaign, notable Deltans acted as middle men to quell the uprising. Its foolhardy to assert bokoharam don't enjoy local support. If they don't enjoy local support why were the hunters able to rout them?

10 Likes

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by texazzpete(m): 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
Mogidi:

Were they picked from the sky? The onus is on you to explain how they were picked up.

See why I said you need 'Brighter Grammar' and 'Queen Primer'? The UNIMAID student says he was picked from his house. Why do you want me to explain to you what you can already read?

You do not need to be ashamed if you cannot read properly. Tens of thousands of adults in Nigeria go to Adult schools.
Here is an e-link to Brighter Grammar Book 1 in case you're too ashamed to ask me to send you the physical book i used nearly 30 years ago

http://www.scribd.com/doc/117782606/Brighter-Grammar-1

Cheers.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Horus(m): 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcc5fnx08R0

[size=15pt]"Nigerian Hidden War" Genocide Under President Jonathan[/size]

by Princess Marian Awolowo

Firstly, on behalf of millions of Nigerians across the globe, we thank Channel 4 Dispatches Program for exposing the truth about the hidden war that is been waged in Nigeria against Nigerians by Boko Haram in connivance with Nigerian State Agents. We can assure you that we ordinary concerned Nigerians and friends of Nigeria will ensure that millions of innocent Nigerians demand justice. Once again, we thank you for this brilliant service to humanity with a high probability of saving lives in the future.

Dear Nigerians,

Information reaching us since yesterday confirms our suspicion that Nigerian Government has used mutiny to BARRED OTHERS INCLUDING Nigerians across the world except UK to have access to this Video which confirms without any shred of doubt that Nigerian Armed Forces are committing act of genocide against Nigerians, especially thousands of innocent Northerner's.

We believe it is your fundamental right as good citizens, amiable and loving Nigerians to know the truth about the 21st century hidden genocide that is been committed by President Jonathan's regime, as this will set all of us free from future preventable retaliations, replications, or any other foreseeable disasters that we may confront if we failed to stop this barbaric behavior, apparently instigated, initiated, managed and conducted by those we trusted with our lives-The Nigerian Military Forces under President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Amnesty International Was Right Afterall? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
I don't question Amnesty International.

I support them with my signature and donations.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets Barrack Obama (picture) / Kogi Election: 3 Killed As Military Thwarts Ballot Box Snatching Attempt / Tinubu Withdraws Ruby Onwudiwe Nomination As CBN Board Member For Supporting Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.