Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? (2341 Views)

Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash / Detergent Or Liquid Soap For Car Wash? / Britain’s (world's) Most Expensive Car Wash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hello every one, I'm playing with a business idea,of running a drive thru car wash service and I would like to get input to see if it is a viable investment, so please no long arguing or e-fights, just help me with answers.

Question 1. Would you patronise a drive thru car wash?

Question 2. Would you patronise a drive thru car wash if it cost 1000 naira for the 5min service?

Question 3. Would you patronise a drive thru car wash service if it costs 2000 naira for the 5min service?

Your response is highly appreciated.

GAZZUZZ.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgdOfveiYC46PY5XB2IZWPCx33IyuA0p6UXsH7Scoh9ARKlHaFjiVORQVl[/img]

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp37zuiodxOl4B-7zszyse3mW79IgCRu4zQfAgbiEYVpFXeYgnBRqKu8Np0g[/img]

make unna no vex input is required: stephenponti(m), OgaTheTop2, kega234, heanna(f), speed001, doroboss(m), segradino(m), OlusolaWarrior, diportivo, KA24DETT(m), yuzedo, DuchessLily(f), casioten(m), Blockus, cargonaija(m), Amono, 9icetoo(m), Kashif(m), dinyelutochukwu, chukel(m), billante(m), pragmatistm(m), ZIMDRILL(m), Lacomus(m), chiebube, onihaxy, CHEECKENGINE, DAY12(m), abatically(m), cardoctor, luvinhubby(m), sultaan(m), Marpol, Mynd44, inspiredm(m), Seun(m), nissparts(m),

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
Personally, I would not patronise ANY drive-through car wash, even if they were free. Automatic car washes do not do a great job of shifting dirt, especially on areas with projections like door mirrors, or recessed areas. Very noticeable on black cars, where dirty areas have to be done by hand if the automatic wash misses them.

A hand washed and automatic washed car will be very different, even to the untrained eye.

Modern vehicles are also more curvy. Older traditional boxy sedans fared better at automatic car washes.

Another issue is swirl marks, light scratches left by constant use of automatic car washes. Regardless of the texture of the brushes used in auto washes, these swirl marks will always be an issue long term. I would say, go with your automatic car wash, BUT offer a manual hand-wash option for a bit more money. That way you've got all bases covered.

Best of luck with your new venture.
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
What will happen to areas difficult to reach, areas such as louvre, grille, wheel arches, door hinges, pillars and recesses?

Another fear is the materials used as wash shampoo and roller brushes? I use only soft cotton. Or foam materials in washing and cleaning with mild vehicle shampoo with clean tap water.

Finally, I don't patronize car wash centres. In Nigeria, most car washers end up giving your paint job marks, scratches due to their poor wash knowledge. Just imagine a car wash using sack materials to wash car body and the wash guy didn't even care to douse the car with water first to wash off grits, sands and sharp particles before shampoo application.
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by lonelydora: 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
lomomike:
What will happen to areas difficult to reach, areas such as louvre, grille, wheel arches, door hinges, pillars and recesses?

Another fear is the materials used as wash shampoo and roller brushes? I use only soft cotton. Or foam materials in washing and cleaning with mild vehicle shampoo with clean tap water.

Finally, I don't patronize car wash centres. In Nigeria, most car washers end up giving your paint job marks, scratches due to their poor wash knowledge. Just imagine a car wash using sack materials to wash car body and the wash guy didn't even care to douse the car with water first to wash off grits, sands and sharp particles before shampoo application.

Reason I am selective when it comes to car wash. Most times I do it myself or ask my Gateman to do it.
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
3 down more to go, guys help me hit the share button, need more input.

Thanks.
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
3 down more to go, guys help me hit the share button, need more input.

Thanks.

Now I get it, E be like our Own dear oga Gazzuzz wan open mechanized car wash. smiley

1 Like

Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by nurey(m): 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
Me I don't even patronize the malams in my estate to wash my car for me, the colour is so perfect unless you touch the car u notice it is dirty (very light green) so I kinda wash thrice a week and I always wash my car myself.
I don't think I can patronize the car wash maybe until I buy a very expensive car.

The major reason this might fail in Naija could be due to the fact that we are always in a hurry to get to everywhere so no time to check time to go and drive through the Automatic car wash.

Which naija man will wake up very early, ignore the Abo-kis that will already wash his car before 7am and waste his precious time to go and do auto wash then come back home and get ready for work. Except you will chauffeur the car urself at their convenient time and take it to the robot washer. Lol
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
nurey:
Me I don't even patronize the malams in my estate to wash my car for me, the colour is so perfect unless you touch the car u notice it is dirty (very light green) so I kinda wash thrice a week and I always wash my car myself.
I don't think I can patronize the car wash maybe until I buy a very expensive car.

The major reason this might fail in Naija could be due to the fact that we are always in a hurry to get to everywhere so no time to check time to go and drive through the Automatic car wash.

Which naija man will wake up very early, ignore the Abo-kis that will already wash his car before 7am and waste his precious time to go and do auto wash then come back home and get ready for work. Except you will chauffeur the car urself at their convenient time and take it to the robot washer. Lol

@the bolded the drive thru is a 5minute wash, and dry, faster than the abokii grin
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by nurey(m): 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

@the bolded the drive thru is a 5minute wash, and dry, faster than the abokii grin

Ok, in the estate I live, 70 to 80% of cars are washed by Abo-kis and B4 7:30am they are already washed, dried and shinning now the hurdle I would really like you to over come is that where tons of cars would like to come through the automated washer and not have to wait for other cars to be through, Nigerians are kinda lazy and will like to eat their cake and have it also car washing would be done preferably in the morning and not after work so how do you want to imbibe that leave home early for work so you can queue up and wash your car B4 heading to office.
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
97 views less than 6post, dairis .......
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by Marpol: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
We have not evolved to that level in Nigeria. Our dirt is much more stubborn.

3 Likes

Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by AutosBay(m): 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
A good business and affordable too, why because not many know about it.

2 Likes

Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 17, 2014
I use drive through car wash.........a lot cheesy
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by doroboss(m): 2:38am On Nov 17, 2014
@1000 I would use the service, just for fun. grin
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by Nobody: 3:30am On Nov 17, 2014
1. NO
2. NO
3. NO

What would happen to my footmats? Interior bits, and some other parts. Thanks for the new Gateman that washes my car before I wake up but once in 2 weeks I get the interior properly cleaned in a car wash I don't think I have ever washed my car before so car wash is a good business that the Automated one is a No No for me.
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by RoyalRoy(m): 7:47am On Nov 18, 2014
Have you factored in the amount of power needed yo keep it running? How much a strong diesel generator cost to service and maintain?,

To your questions....

1. Yes I will use a drive through automatic car wash if the location is right.

2. Yes I will use it if it costs #1000 for 5 minutes

3. No I won't use it if it costs #2000 for 5minutes

Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by micklplus(m): 7:56am On Nov 18, 2014
Yes, I will use if it costs N1000 for 5 mins
No, I wont use It if it costs N2000 for 5mins
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by DisGuy: 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
Yes: Only if it has personnel to do the 'finishing'

Never been to a drive thru, Hand Car wash only!!
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by aieromon(m): 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
NO!!!
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by ivoryhouse(m): 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
Siena:
Personally, I would not patronise ANY drive-through car wash, even if they were free. Automatic car washes do not do a great job of shifting dirt, especially on areas with projections like door mirrors, or recessed areas. Very noticeable on black cars, where dirty areas have to be done by hand if the automatic wash misses them.

A hand washed and automatic washed car will be very different, even to the untrained eye.

Modern vehicles are also more curvy. Older traditional boxy sedans fared better at automatic car washes.

Another issue is swirl marks, light scratches left by constant use of automatic car washes. Regardless of the texture of the brushes used in auto washes, these swirl marks will always be an issue long term. I would say, go with your automatic car wash, BUT offer a manual hand-wash option for a bit more money. That way you've got all bases covered.

Best of luck with your new venture.
Great observation. They have built automatic car wash that uses water jets instead of fibre and since its high pressure jets, it washes better than the other type, and faster too.
I will patronise such a wash, especially if it includes basic interior detailing
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by jaibang(m): 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
i think it depends more on the area, in certain parts of Lagos it will move, because it is just 5 mins and many are in hurry and do not have much time to spare. i tried it once in Lekki, when i was in a hurry, a month later i got there, they had packed up. Not sure if it was low patronage or too expensive.
Re: POLL. Would You Patronise A Drive Thru Car Wash Service? by icemann(m): 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
You are better off making it automated wash and hand dry.

(1) (Reply)

Effects Of Ban On Importation Of Vehicles Through Land. / Nigerian Man Emerges The First African To Own Rolls Royce Wraith Eagle Viii 2020 / Rewire Said I Should Change Brainbox, Your Advice Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.