Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

1afrika's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1afrika's Profile / 1afrika's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1afrika: 4:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
macbeyland:

Set your phone to factory default and try again.
I thought you were meant to post ads not after and ad on a page. Am I right?
Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1afrika: 9:22am On Mar 23, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Is Jumia up for sale?
do you want to buy? cool
Education / Re: 2nd Edition Of The XFIRE Nairaland Scholarship Quiz-Final Test In Progress by 1afrika: 5:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
toxicbrain:

So you mean with my 70 54 and 71 ...I am not even qualified for consideration? People have been asking questions on this yet you guys kept quiet only to come now and say this?
If 60 is the cutoff for the second test why was I allowed to write the third test putting me through the stress and all?
You guys wasn't really prepared for this at all, nd what happened to " all the 67 candidates have a new chance at winning something"?
You guys are really confused... sincerely
learn how to be couth, boy! Saying they were not prepared and confused is inappropriate, don't forget, you have the right to reject your results and the prize (if you win any). I've gone through your posts, conquerors don't have your kind of reactions to issues. Grow up.
Meanwhile, the efforts of the sponsor(s) and moderators of this event are appreciated but this edition is a downgrade from the last edition which I hope will be worked on during the subsequent editions. The moderators, in their bid to ensure the best winners emerge seemed unjust to some participants. If those whose 3rd tests were inconclusive can have their 1st and 2nd used, those that missed the third have the right to use 1st and 2nd then (I did the 3 tests). Your rule made 3rd test sacrosanct, yet you create escape route for those who didn't complete it. Naturally, people will allege favoritism for some selected people.
Also, the idea of fixing a cut off for tests of this purpose is inappropriate EXCEPT if you don't care if winner(s) don't emerge. It's either you fix cut off marks after each stage of the test to accommodate your desired number of participants or be rigid with your set cut off and deal with the number that beat it.

3 Likes

Education / Re: 2nd Edition Of The XFIRE Nairaland Scholarship Quiz-Final Test In Progress by 1afrika: 1:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
Odunharry:

It is there now sent it since morning 8.28am
Education / Re: 2nd Edition Of The XFIRE Nairaland Scholarship Quiz-Final Test In Progress by 1afrika: 7:21pm On Feb 10, 2018
Richiez:
Kudos to all the finalists, you all did very well.

Finally, clear winners have emerged! we'll be contacting the winners very soon via email for verification of studentship.

Please kindly send us ( Richiez or Odunharry ) a PM if you want you want your results emailed to you.

State your first name followed by last name followed by 'send my result' in the mail.
kudos to you and other moderators of this exercise.
I'm not sure there's someone who will write a test and won't like to see the result. Why don't you just send individual result to every finalist's email address(just like the previous two tests) or publish it against shortlisted names.
Thanks

7 Likes 2 Shares

Education / Re: 292 Of 343 Biochemistry Students Of Ambrose Alli University,fail Their Exams by 1afrika: 6:57am On Jan 27, 2018
Education / Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 2nd Edition by 1afrika: 7:40am On Jan 17, 2018
Richiez:

That's not the final list...the list is constantly being updated...cheers wink
please, I met all the criteria and my name is missing on the list. Kindly see to this. Thanks

Education / Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 2nd Edition by 1afrika: 7:21am On Jan 17, 2018
Odunharry:
Keep it coming
I can't find my moniker on the list undecided
Education / Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 2nd Edition by 1afrika: 6:57am On Jan 11, 2018
Institution : University of Abuja
level : 100 level
Course : Medicine and surgery
Islam for Muslims / Re: Is The Mosque Closed To Non- Muslims? by 1afrika: 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
Queenlovely:
I have this pertinent question to ask. In the Christain religion anybody can visit a church. Even moslem. Then why was my friend chased out of a Mosque? Because he wasn't a muslim.
Is the mosque not for everybody. Mind you I am not here to make trouble but I need genuine answers.

I remember my father built a grand mosque for the people of kogi state but I have never been to it. Please answer so others can learn too
The mosque is a worship venue for Muslims. Now kindly tell me what a non Muslim will want to go and do inside a Mosque. Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Islam for Muslims / Re: Is The Mosque Closed To Non- Muslims? by 1afrika: 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2017
uboma:
What was your friend looking for in a Mosque when he isn't a Muslim?
Let sleeping dogs lie.
May you be blessed

1 Like

Business / Re: ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ by 1afrika: 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:

tabbaz is a scam and anybody that trust him should be ready to cry
This is 21st century Oga, you just don't talk to people who you meet on faceless media anyhow. I followed your comment on the Infinitikoncept ish. You've some valid points but you're too rude. Your rudeness has over-shadowed the few valid points you've. Diplomacy is telling someone to go to hell and they'll still look forward to the journey. You can pass ur msgs without being insultive

4 Likes

Business / Re: ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ by 1afrika: 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
Tabbaz:
beware of this monika 1nigeriamyfoot
he has trait of a scammer
a word is enough

His format is same with his predecessor grin
And what are the traits of a scammer if I may ask? Were we not here when previously trusted people went haywire?
This ur above post is oppression. You can have issues with a fellow nairalander, never use your access to the supposed "scammers' list" to defame them. On the Infinitikoncept thread, you both called one another scammers. Coming here to mention it is really demeaning and high-handed. Most people will see this post alone not knowing where it started from. I expected u to ignore his initial jab at the other thread. Not all mentions shud be returned. Try and learn how to warn people to be cautious without presumptive conclusion. Thanks

4 Likes

Technology Market / Re: . by 1afrika: 7:52am On Oct 31, 2017
slye:

There's nothing wrong with mtk xiaomi phones. Pple buy mtk and other chips for different reasons.

Leave the man alone to decide how much he wants to sell his stuff. A man has that right, doesn't he? You don't need to spoil his market if you ain't gonna buy
it'll be better if it's a xiaomi mtk phone you use. If people buy mtk chipped phones, definitely not xiaomi. A lot is wrong with xiaomi mtk phones, only if you know or if you'll be unbiased.
Is anyone asking him not to tag his item for his desired price? I was just sincere to him by telling him why he keeps 'hawking' it since all these while. He has the right to ignore the reality even when it's staring at him.
90% of xiaomi phones' faults come from mtk chip powered ones. Dispute this only with fact while I'll give you proves too.

He has gone to open another thread for it. Ignoring old threads to open new ones. We both know what's pursing him grin cheesy
Technology Market / Re: . by 1afrika: 7:45am On Oct 31, 2017
slye:

No offense intended bro. You really don't know much about xiaomi phones
I Laff.
Have you heard of xiaomi mtk phones getting bricked on their own? It's obvious you've not. Why not find out and add to what you know?
Technology Market / Re: . by 1afrika: 10:40am On Oct 30, 2017
double0seven:

Now I know you have problems.

Why are you using parasol for another person's headache? Are you the one selling? Are you the one buying? Am about to dupe somebody?

Busybody? Shameful to think that you are a man, and tour body no fit rest you.

Will probably moving on to another thread. Your nose is distracting. Pls keep the fu. ck off.
you sounded pained. Why? I wasn't insultive, yet you rained insults. Simple truth you refuse to accept. Have you ever thought of why you're still advertising since August 28 if your price was OK. Xiaomi mtk devices are at risk of bricking on their own. Shikena! So, buying it is like gambling. Go ask on the xiaomi thread if you doubt it and they even warn against xiaomi mtk devices there. You bought it in error, now trying to dump it with an unsuspecting victim. Lol.
Continue with your insults o.
. You now went ahead to edit your former thread on it
https://www.nairaland.com/4017887/
Smh
Technology Market / Re: . by 1afrika: 10:15am On Oct 30, 2017
slye:

Dude, The price is not high for a note 4 mtk!
should I mention you on the SD versions' adverts at 50-52k?. We both know what's up with xiaomi mtk phones.
Technology Market / Re: . by 1afrika: 9:30am On Oct 30, 2017
double0seven:

I'm selling because it's my own I wish to sell. I have other phones. I bought it in lagos from a phone seller.

There is nothing wrong with the phone and it's in pristine condition, just like new.
Aiit but your price seems high for a xiaomi mtk version. I just checked, you've been advertising since August. I think it's the price.
Technology Market / Re: . by 1afrika: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2017
double0seven:
Few weeks used Xiaomi Note for sale

Metallic silver

32 gig Internal Memory, 3 gig Ram

Helio X20 mediatek

Pack and all accessories intact

0806 832 1289

When and where did you buy it and why are you selling? Thanks
Politics / Re: Tosin Saraki And Adeniyi Olukoya's Wedding Photos by 1afrika: 2:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
NabeelAbu:
Marrying off Muslim Sis to non Muslim is strictly Haraam. I care not on the next comment.
And who are you telling this?
1. The non-Muslims who nothing is haraam to?
2.The hypocrites who know but disregard it, mind you they didn't say they don't know.
3. The Muslims who already know?
If your post was meant for 1. What do you expect them to do than to mock you and your religion. If 2, they'll try to blend Islam with their worldly desire and tag you an extremist , if 3. They won't answer you because they already know.
If it's Bukola Saraki you wish to tell, he's not likely to see your message here, kindly find ways of getting the message passed to him if you feel the alfas around him didn't remind him.
Point of ref is, silence is more dignifying on some occasions. kiss

3 Likes

Crime / Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How SARS Officers Sexually Harassed Her In Ilorin by 1afrika: 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nedfed:
The way you dress is the way you will be address.
Dress decently next time
I used to have this thought too until a very close friend I saw off to Ogbomosho from General Hospital Park (Ilorin) was harassed along Ilorin - ogbomosho road. His phones were collected, denied communication with people and humiliated. He was made to part with 30k. A wise man won't argue with an armed Nigerian 'security agent', You'll be charged based on ur bank balance obtainable by them. Anything online on your phone, no matter how legit, makes you a yahoo person. Apps as simple as amazon, aliexpress on your phone means you're duping sellers there, your banking apps too are not safe from these legally 'armed robbers'. However, I've not heard them foil any robbery attack in that axis.
It's however sad to see them wine and dine with known yahoo boys.

Just pray you don't fall victim

5 Likes

Crime / Re: Nigerian Lady Narrates How SARS Officers Sexually Harassed Her In Ilorin by 1afrika: 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
NicoBaba:
SARS are just bastards.. The ones on Ilorin ogbomosho axis after Lautech are just worst. If u are a fresh dude, forget it, u will be drop off d bus and get delayed for 1hr..n if u r more fresh with iPhone...juz know u r sleeping at d station dah day....
thunder fire any SARS in dis thread n on nairaland.

You dont have to be fresh. They're thieves.

sexylabo:
Nigerian Government should act fast with this SARS becoming a menace to the society.......with all these bastard SARS we still have lot of robbery,kidnapping , ritualist etc... so what is their purpose sef...
So far our rulers forming leaders aren't affected, they won't be cautioned

Majesticniyi:
True...I had an encounter with them there once. I was just frustrated with the Nigerian system that day.

I was the only guy not harassed that day and that was because they saw my ID card. What I saw them doing to boys that day ehn, my lack of respect for the police was just rekindled.

Only someone who've not fallen a victim will think victims actually portray evil

Tmissy3000:
Sorry dear. Dos ba$tard are u doin anyhw. I remembered the day they stop our bus from ogbomoso to ilorin after nasfat, dey searched my bro's iphone and he was beatn to even one of dos animals tried to machete my bro because of usin iphone. They accused him of yahoo boi and he was taken to station we later paid 35k shaa after dat day, omo even if I sit properly in the bus I wil re sit again on sightn dem.
They are thieves. I just wish Ilorin command do something about them.
Phones / Re: Please Help Me Choose Btw Infinix Note 4 And Xiaomi REDMI 4x by 1afrika: 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
skino4united:
My candid advice without bias or prejudice, so it's now left for you to take it or not.
Every brand has its own peculiarities, pros and cons and if I were you in this regard, I'd go for the note 4 because, it's better in most areas which includes battery (bigger and well optimized for longer usage/standby time and performance) its more beautiful and sturdy, fluid and makes multitasking a breeze, well optimized 2gb ram for optimal performance, the camera is wow and I couldn't believe a phone from infinix shot the pictures I saw (they were crystal clear with good detail) the phone also has the latest fast charging technology (xcharge) which gives you 250 minutes talk time from a 5 mins charge and charges from 0 to 100% in no time and as such one has no need carrying the charger around due to the epileptic power supply in Nigeria, don't also forget that infinix pushes out regular updates to their phones, quality after sales support, accessories and parts are readily available, there's also a fans forum where you get info, support ad solutions for your infinix devices when the need arises. The reasons to go for an infinix note 4 are numerous. U can remember a user came to Nairaland here not more than a week ago lamenting his regrets for buying a xiaomi redmi 4x, his phone had a problem but there was no means to fix it because xiaomi does not have parts and after sales support here in Nigeria hence he had to abandon the phone. Pls weigh the pros and cons and draw a logical conclusion form my stand so that "had I known" will not be your portion. [b][/b]
This indeed is the most unbiased advice of the year. Maybe you were ironical sha but those points you raised in favor of infinix were actually for Xiaomi. Those that have ported from infinix to xiaomi would have given you a befitting diagnosis by now. I'm just interested in the link to the thread where someone regretted buying a redmi 4x as alleged by u. Kindly post it here sir. Thanks

2 Likes

Islam for Muslims / Re: Nigeria Comes 2nd In King Abdul Aziz Al'saud International Qur'anic Recitation by 1afrika: 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2017
komododragons:
at least we can hear what redeem are singing!

can you hear what there are reciting?

Yes we can hear.

Only someone who understands the language with which redeem sings can hear. So, you can always learn what you don't know and feel uncomfortable by not knowing. Cheers

1 Like

Islam for Muslims / Re: Nigeria Comes 2nd In King Abdul Aziz Al'saud International Qur'anic Recitation by 1afrika: 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2017
aril:
He isn't a Muslim... No Muslim will utter what he said..

Well, let's go by what he claimed till all mendacities are exposed.
Islam for Muslims / Re: Nigeria Comes 2nd In King Abdul Aziz Al'saud International Qur'anic Recitation by 1afrika: 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
Egein:

I'm actually Muslim. So you see how stupid you are?
Of what use is a recitation/cramming to the world, and to even Islam itself?
Memorizing has made distortion of the Qur'an impossible. Evacuate all Qur'an copies from the world today, new ones will be printed tomorrow courtesy of these "memorizers".
I wonder the kind of Muslim your are really if you don't know the purpose of memorization of the Qur'an.
If you want to know the benefits check
https://islamqa.info/en/14035

8 Likes 1 Share

Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1afrika: 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
toluxa1:

I have the Gold color coming in a little over a week. I'll be selling between 100k - 110k.

toluxa1:
Just 1 Left in Stock!

Available next week
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
4GB/64GB

Price - N90,000 (Cheapest on NL) cheesy

How far nah??
Na so u go just milk ppl of 10-20k for this recession? Or wat has changed between the time of these posts. D margin is just too wide.
Politics / Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by 1afrika: 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2017
kingsmaila:
Stop being anti-Islam. CAN always complain of islamizing Nigeria. please we do not like interest as we see it as a usury and i advise u to come up with ur own bond or Christian Bank if u don't like ours.
You think they have?
Well, let them bring it
Politics / Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by 1afrika: 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
laredo2116:
The same bond is in UK,so y d shout!!!
Most people are just parochial. As if UK has been islamized. There're certain things in place in UK that will keep one wondering what will happen if proposed in Nigeria.
They went against non-interest banking and dieing of the effects of interest banking. Non-interest banking has its origin in Islam. Someone should tell me the origin of the interest-based banking. grin
Now it's Sukuk. They will keep going against every good thing in the name of religion, yet they have no economical solution to problems.
Non-islamic countries using these tools can testify to their potency.
Hypocrisy everywhere.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.