Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

1simbo's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1simbo's Profile / 1simbo's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Programming / Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by 1simbo: 6:28pm On Feb 26, 2021
Wait a minute! You are yet to register for the February edition of *Building Blockchain Products*.

*Topic: Creating addresses and simple transactions with the Bitmama enterprise API.*

Its a FREE event!

*Event Details*
Date: 27th February 2021
Time: 11 am
Venue: Zoom

Follow this link ��to register for the event:

https:///37KdA4m

There's a poll we'd like you to take ahead of the event as it will help our facilitators serve you better.

Click on the link and enter the code: #30785

https://app.sli.do/event/agrtjw5x/live/questions

Here's your log in details for the event.
http:///3kpg0KE

Entry Passcode:757382

Limited seats available!

Programming / Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by 1simbo: 6:18pm On Feb 26, 2021
Wait a minute! You are yet to register for the February edition of *Building Blockchain Products*.

*Topic: Creating addresses and simple transactions with the Bitmama enterprise API.*

Its a FREE event!

*Event Details*
Date: 27th February 2021
Time: 11 am
Venue: Zoom

Follow this link ��to register for the event:

https:///37KdA4m

There's a poll we'd like you to take ahead of the event as it will help our facilitators serve you better.

Click on the link and enter the code: #30785

https://app.sli.do/event/agrtjw5x/live/questions

Here's your log in details for the event.
http:///3kpg0KE

Entry Passcode:757382

Limited seats available!

Best wishes

Bitmama Team.

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
Please is there anyone in the ikorodu area right now. I have a Rider who wants an offline trip from ikorodu to ajah now. Drop your no. And I will send you his. Caveat emptor sha.
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2017
Please I'm interested in your offer. Please let's DM.

rebella:
Looking for a driver on uber and taxify, to deliver 35k per week. please quote this post with your number if interested. Preferably old drivers
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 10:43am On Jul 31, 2017
Please what is Uber ±+?!
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
Speak to fleet managers and people like @Romeo3 who have alot of experience.
He can get you reliable drivers and manage your vvehicles for you.
Rememeber. Experience means you wont make the same mistakes again.

goldenval:
I bought 2 Corolas last 2 months for Uber business and I handed it over to someone a driver I met during my trip to South Africa,
Since May till yesterday, he was supposed to pay 400k but he gave excuses of traveling to the village. Then thank God for the trackers, I tracked one of the car and found it at Eko hotel Victorian Island and I arrested the driver and he brought the 2nd car today.

The sad thing is that, he managed to pay 100k today and as I am writing this, the 2 cars are in my house and I don't have any faith in continuing the Uber business and I don't mind selling both cars at reasonable prices and move on.

Thanks
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 9:48am On Jul 16, 2017
Hello @Akokite,

Sorry to see no ones responded to your question yet. The convoy on this group tends to slow down a bit during the weekend cos everyone's in resting mode.

Step 1. Register on Uber by creating a personal profile on their website. To do that, click on this link - https://partners.uber.com/i/879c7r9cue - put in your details and submit.

After that, there are just 3 more steps.

If you want, email me via nairaland and I will send you info on how to complete steps 2) and 4) with ease.

I've got a list of tips and info I got from other partners when I joined this platform and ask the same question. I also have a list of contacts you need to complete registration and start driving on uber, and a template guarators form and agreement you can use if you chose to get a driver.

It will make things easier and save your time. Let me know in your email if you want it.

If you've got additional question, send me a Whatsapp and I will share my knowledge and experience.

All in all, if you have met all the requirements, you should be fully registered and on the road in about 1 week.

Thanks,

[quoqte author=akokite post=58499627]Please guys what are the steps to take to register my Toyota corolla with Uber.Kindly help me urgently.[/quote]
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2017
Please I'm interested and available immediately. 4.6 rating, 40,000/ week.
Please how can we connect?

[quote aquthor=dawg2002 post=58274057]Hello, 2011 Toyota Corolla in perfect condition, looking for a driver to partner with for Uber services. Please contact me if interested...[/quote]
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 11:58am On Jul 06, 2017
Please do you still need to do vehicle inspection to get your car on uber. I spoke to someone who insists that you no longer need to do vehicle inspection. He says you just need to upload your DL and inaurance.
Please help clarify.

1 Like

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 9:54am On Jul 05, 2017
Standard rental currently stands at between N35,000 - N45,000 per week.
However due to the recent price drop on uber i recommend you agree on N35,000 per week.
Hope that helps

lin3r2:
Hi everyone, i have been following this thread from inception till now and i must say i have really learned a lot.
I drove on uber for a month and two weeks and found it exciting, challenging but interesting. Though my partner had to sell her car due to financial constraint she found herself in.
After going without a car for a month i have gotten another offer and would like to know what the current rental price for a 2007 corolla is. Please i would really appreciate your kind response.

1 Like

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 9:51am On Jul 05, 2017
Standard rental currently stands at between N35,000 - N45,000 per week.
However due to the recent price drop on uber i recommend you agree on N35,000 per week.
Hope that helps

quote author=lin3r2 post=58134273]Hi everyone, i have been following this thread from inception till now and i must say i have really learned a lot.
I drove on uber for a month and two weeks and found it exciting, challenging but interesting. Though my partner had to sell her car due to financial constraint she found herself in.
After going without a car for a month i have gotten another offer and would like to know what the current rental price for a 2007 corolla is. Please i would really appreciate your kind response.[/quote]
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 11:41am On Jul 03, 2017
Thanks!
Please does anyone have a ref codefor Riders that comes with a free ride of up to N1500. I need one right now.

[quqote author=alstarmayo post=58054514]

No, they don't [/quote]
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hello everyone,
Please does taxify also reward you for inviting people to join the network as partners?
Thanks,
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 9:53am On Jun 30, 2017
Wow, I feel like I'm about to attempt an essay question in school. God deh. Here goes...
I'm answering based on personal knowledge and experience as an uber driver.
1. Toyota cars are more durable and fuel efficient. Kia is fuel efficient though not as durable ( cant cope with rain or water for instance) but Riders really like them. So I recommend a Toyota Corolla 2009 - 10. (Corolla is easier to maintain than Camry).

2. The newer the car the better so Toyota Corolla 2009 - 14. Or Kia Rio 2015.

3. The driver takes care of all maintenance costs - servicing, cleaning etc. You will only handle the serious mechanical repairs. You keep the costs down by getting a mature skilled and responsible driver who will care for your car like its their own.

4. You get good drivers right here on Nairaland. There is really no way to get information about a potential driver over and above what the driver or the person recommending them tells you. You have to use your own judgement.

5. Rental or HP amount, duration of agreement, number of hours or riders per day, how and when payments are to be made, who fixes what (maintenance and repairs), who's responsible for communications (data and credit), expiration of contract or agreement etc.

I have a good template drafted by a lawyer I would be happy to share with you.

6. You are required to register on Uber/ Taxify for yourself because partners need to have an account to to operate on Uber/Taxify too. The driver will register and request for Uber/ Taxify to link your accounts. At least that's how Uber works.

7. Some partners like to have the car returned everyday, others ask the driver to bring the car once a week for inspection. I recommend the once a week inspection because its expensive and time consuming to have to pickup and return the car every day. Also the best hours for Uber are early morning and late night and the driver can only benefit from these hours if there is easy access to the vehicle. My take.

If you want to recoup your money within a year consider doing a HP instead of a simple rental. Hire Purchse aka HP is when the driver buys the car from you by paying part of the money in lump sum and the rest in instalments over an agreed period. Its also cheaper because the driver who is the on you are hiring the care to, is also responsible for the repairs as well as maintenance. You will make alot more money from it too - up to 2* its value when you bought it.

My 2 kobo. Hope it helps your enquiry.

lowk1:
Hello house.

I have about 3m that I want to put to use, and Uber/Taxify seems to be a good investment for now. The only experience I have with Uber & Taxify is from chatting with the drivers I rode with, so I need help with some questions:

1. Which brand & model of car is best in terms of initial cost/rider preference/ease of driving/spare parts/maintenance/resale value? Toyota/Kia/Hyundai/Honda?

2. If I'm to go for Toyota Corolla for example, should I go for an 09/10 model for 2.5m - 3m or two 03/04 models for 1.3m - 1.6m each? Whichever car(s) I'm buying, it will be direct tokunbo NOT Nigerian used.

3. If I go the rental route, what additional spending should I be realistically expected to do over the course of a year in terms of maintenance and repairs? How do I keep these costs down?

4. I have never seen a prospective driver that said they were bad and terrible, but we keep hearing stories of bad drivers... So where/how do I get good drivers?

5. What items should be included in the driver-owner contract to make sure both parties are properly covered?

6. Should I register with Uber & Taxify on behalf of the drivers, or should I just have an agreement with the drivers and they do the registration and the rest by themselves?

7. Last but not the least.... where will the car be parked? Or will I just have moto and never see it again? cheesy cheesy

My aim for this is to recoup my purchase costs within a year and then immediately sell it off, so this is very simply an investment.

I know I'm asking for much, if you can't answer please ignore. Also if you can't answer here on this thread, please ignore as well.

Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2017
Please do drivers also need 3rd party insurance ?

ebubedrums001:

Second floor,
Providence House, Admiralty way.
Lekki phase 1

From 9a.m
80% of the process will be done and you would be put through .
Go along with your drivers license, comprehensive insurance documents and other relevant papers too
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 9:12am On Jun 29, 2017
Hello everyone, please whad the procedure for registering with Taxify and how long does it take? I'm already uber certified and I'm ok with uber but I want to consider my options. Thanks,
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2017
Sorry i meant that in the past tense. I just left my partner so im available to start immediately. Thanks,
cooldood:

Then why do you need another vehicle sir?
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
cooldood:
Hello guys, is a Toyota Corolla 2008/09 V4 Manual acceptable to drivers on Uber/ taxify, to deliver #40k weekly? I want to be sure drivers are okay driving a manual corolla than an automatic version.

Also, are there still fleet managers at all for this, its been a while we heard from @tokyobull, and @mrsage. What is going on really? I want to place 2-3 corolla V4 on uber/taxify but through an experienced fleet manager.

Im an uber driver and I currently drive a manual at N40k weekly rental. Please send me your numbet/ email and let's talk. Thanks,
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
@Romeo3
Your email Addy comes back with an error message o! Please I have an enquiry...
Thanks
Business / Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by 1simbo: 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
It would be nice to meet you and share Uber war stories. We women need to cooperate.
Interested?
kateskitty:
I'm up for the challenges, after all they say what a man can do, a woman can do better grin
Business / Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by 1simbo: 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2017
@kateskitty
It would be nice to meet you and share Uber war stories. We women need to cooperate.
Interested?
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 11:45am On Jun 03, 2017
nitigriti:

Just so we know, the Math in this youtube video so you're saying you were able to rack up all that uber mileage on the car and still sell it off for a profit of 200k 10 months down the line??

doean't add up. Figures can be manipulated in any way to tell any story. Here's another set of figures I happen to be conversant about. This dude in my estate started out on Uber with a Toyota Yaris, hire purchase - #1.2 million. He paid up fully in 10 months; sold the Yaris for #1.4 million and bought a 2009 Camry which he uses now. Let's not forget that he was also able to pay his bills in those 10 months. So how do we cast this true story in the light of this youtube math? My point is this - if you really understand what you are doing, you can be well ahead in this Uber business ... trust me
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
Hello,
Please I have a Toyota Corolla, 2008/2009, 4 cylinder (valve), air conditioned. Clean car.
I'm looking for an experienced uber driver with a good rating (4.5) for rental.
Please DM me with your phone number and I will reach out to you asap.
Thanks,
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2017
akokite:
I have a toyota corolla car that I want to use for uber.Please can someone give me the contacts of people that can manage it for me for an agreed fee.

Hello Akokite, Please Im interested in driving for you.
I'm activated on Uber and a professional responsible and serious minded driver.
I live in Surulere and I am available to start work immediately.
Please dm me with your number so that we can talk more on whatsapp.
Thanks,
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 8:34am On Mar 11, 2017
Hello, please I'm an uber driver with over 15 years experience. Please 'm looking for an car dedicated to Uber full time. I'm available to start immediately. Thanks,
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 9:50am On Mar 07, 2017
Goodyness:
If you are an experienced uber driver and you live around lekki, surulere or yaba, this is for you. I've got a 2010 corolla for rental. Send me a pm if you are interested.

Hello please Im an uber driver located in Surulere. Please how can I reach you, I'm interested. Thanks,
Business / Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by 1simbo: 8:41am On Mar 07, 2017
kateskitty:
So straight to the point, I am job hunting but nothing is forthcoming, so I have a friend who has three Uber cars and one of his drivers recently quit on him. We got talking and I told him about how I enjoy driving and he suggested I come drive one of his Uber cars.
But I'm wondering if there are other women Uber drivers and how they managed at it.

Please I'm interested in becoming an Uber driver and I'm female too. Is your friend still looking for drivers or does he know people who are?

Please I sent you an email.

Thanks

1 Like

Career / Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by 1simbo: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hello Ladies, its great that there is a space for PAs on Nairaland. I come here whenever I want to know what my peers are thinking or doing. Thanks for all the contributions and advice. MyPeace congrats!

I'm still quite new in the PA world (started in March 2008) and I find it quite a challenge getting the right resources to get stuff done. It would be great if we could all share some of our trade secrets to help each other. For instance I'm always planning one event or the other and need to develop new ideas or find new venues or caterers, or concepts for events to impress my management team (who have particularly high standards by the way!!!). So I'd love to hear your recommendations on good cake makers, caterers, restaurants, bars, hamper makers and so on.

I would especially love to hear your take on how your company celebrates milestones. We love doing that here but I am running out of ideas.

By the way, I know of a vacancy for a PA for those who are looking for a new job. Its a multinational and the person the PA will be working for has very high standards though he is nice. So if you are very well qualified and experienced please let me know. This vacancy is urgent and the job is interesting and rewarding.

Look forward to hearing from you all on all accounts!

Simbo

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.