Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland - Career (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland (81979 Views)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / Why Do Most Female Secretaries Sleep With Their Bosses? / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Spicys: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2008
My peace congratulations on ur new job,as per ur masters in unilag thnk ur GOD dat u just did d entrance exams,in my own case i did the entrance exams passed very well but to go for lectures was a big challenge,there was no time and even if i tried to make an effort to go to school i wld jump more dan enuff bikes and still get to skool late cos i work on the island,sometimes they are just finishing lectures or i wld be told dat the lecturer dint come,my final exams are nxt wik and guess wot i wnt be going for it angry cos (1) i dont av anthing in my head right now,no time to go for lectures,no time to read,i get home late at times,my wikend i use it to wash and tidy up for the coming wik and above all my boss wld nt allow me cos he nids me to do something s for him and do u know wot some of the exams i did d results were nt good but deep down i know i cld do better.
I made a decision not to complete the program even though i ve finished paying my school fees wot is d use of aving a certificate u cant defend)
nxt step is to go for trainings on this my PA job ,get enuff experience,get a better PA job with good working conditions,i wldnt av to close late and i wld think of what programme i wld be doing nxt and where i wld be doing it.UNILAG is a good school to do ur masters but i wont lie to u it is very stressful b4 u say jack robinson exams are here.
wish u a lovely stay in ur new job.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2008
thank you very much for sharing ur experience. l will just forget about it. Let see what Lasu will bring next year February. Only if they can do it on Saturdays/sundays only.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by FunmyKemmy(f): 10:31am On Aug 21, 2008
I am so happy for you MYPEACE. The Lord will be your guard in your new place of work amen.

I have not been on this forum for long due to server breakdown. I also need a change of job. I have HND in Secretarial Studies (Distinction). If there is any vacancy in your organisation or anywhere you all know, please do not hesitate to contact me through my e-mail ayokemi2003@yahoo.com. Also, I intend to go for my PGD or have professional qualifications. Any good advice will be welcome from you all.

Thanks and God bless you all.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by 1simbo: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hello Ladies, its great that there is a space for PAs on Nairaland. I come here whenever I want to know what my peers are thinking or doing. Thanks for all the contributions and advice. MyPeace congrats!

I'm still quite new in the PA world (started in March 2008) and I find it quite a challenge getting the right resources to get stuff done. It would be great if we could all share some of our trade secrets to help each other. For instance I'm always planning one event or the other and need to develop new ideas or find new venues or caterers, or concepts for events to impress my management team (who have particularly high standards by the way!!!). So I'd love to hear your recommendations on good cake makers, caterers, restaurants, bars, hamper makers and so on.

I would especially love to hear your take on how your company celebrates milestones. We love doing that here but I am running out of ideas.

By the way, I know of a vacancy for a PA for those who are looking for a new job. Its a multinational and the person the PA will be working for has very high standards though he is nice. So if you are very well qualified and experienced please let me know. This vacancy is urgent and the job is interesting and rewarding.

Look forward to hearing from you all on all accounts!

Simbo
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by FunmyKemmy(f): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hi 1simbo

Thanks for what you shared about your place of work.

Please I need information about the vacancy you talked about. I am looking for a new job. Kindly update me on how I can go about it. My e-mail is ayokemi2003@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by onyii4j(f): 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2008
Kudos to everyone who's been contributing to this thread,
I think this is one of the most educating topic in this forum.
I am a PA/Secretary in my organisation. Started working there since june this year,
but i studied engineering, but i ve come to really appreciate this profession more than my studied course.
Though its not been easy for me but i know i will get to the peak, soon!!!
My boss is a bit tough, but i like him because he's disciplined(hope he doesnt change), but he scolds me often, sounds to me like a perfectionist, i ve told him, once he asked for my general assesment of his personality but he said he's not.

Thanks to you all, am sure that your contributions would really help me in a long time.

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2008
l welcome all the newcomers on board.

simbo,
my job specification is entirely different from yours, mine is more of banking relation, letter writing etc., sorry l cant make a reommendation on ur request. Do hope other members will help out. Thx for ur vacancy info.

Onyii
There is an article on working with a perfectionist boss, check page 1 to 5, u should be able to see it. Welcome to the club of PAs. smiley
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by onyii4j(f): 9:33am On Sep 03, 2008
Thank you so much Mypeace, u re such a genius for starting up this topic,
the pages are just WOAH!!!

Do ve a pleasant day.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by obybabe(f): 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2008
Waoo to all Learner-ed and Intelligent Colleagues. It is long I reported to this forum.
How is everybody? Pleased to hear from you all once again.

I can never regret to have joined or found myself in this forum. I really appreciate all that contributed their experiences in one way or the other as an example and admonition to many and partakers in this forum.

I greet you all.

I want to use this medium to appreciate the founder and the forerunner (ie the moderator " Mypeace"wink of this topic, it is really interesting that we can ask ourselves questions and pour down were it is itching us to get resolution to it from others.

I am really pleased.

As for those who just started the work of PA in their offices, I want you all to know that it is just a stepping stone to where you are heading. This job will get you more exposed and take you to people and where it happens - Socially; Economically and otherwise.

So my colleagues keep it up and continue climbing the ladders of becoming a leader with determination and effort added you will surely get to your rightful destination where you will sit and start issuing authority and delegation of work.

thanks cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by chy(f): 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2008
hi ismbo

Thanks for the info
i am a qualified PA have been on this job for the past
two yrs and also work with a high profile individual
Am interested------ zanuka@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by modupsie(f): 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2008
am so glad about this forum ,am a graduate of accounting but i work as a secretary in a german owned construction company
and not with an excellent pay grin but it was the first job i got immediately after nysc , so i had to take at least to have something doing.
my first boss is a german and a perfectionist,which maade it very challenging for me that sometimes i cry at work cos i do not av any experience and am not a trained secretary.
but it's been a year now and i changed my boss myself cool and alas am enjoying working with my new boss cos he wud do anything to make me comfortable on the job and he also gave me a sense of belonging in the coy.
now reading this thread has also helped me a lot and am gonna utilize every informtion to make me perform better.
i think i now prefer to work more as a secretary than an accountant.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2008
l have a coy that needs a Secretary/Receptionist URGENTLY. The person must live around obalende, V/l and Ajah. The office is located at Victoria Island. pls the vacancy is for OND holders only. send your CV btw now and next week Friday ie. 4th October. ask4angel06@yahoo.com
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2008
Hello Friends

l shared the testimony of my new job sometime ago.  l have resigned from that job, thank God l got a better one in an oil services firm.  l couldnt cope with the stress of the job.  l have been asked to introduce someone immediately before l finally leave.   So l need a CAPABLE hand to replace me. 

Qualification:
You must be HND/B.Sc. graudate
Already working as an experienced PA
Must be a female and unmarried (That job wont be good for a married woman from my experience there)
Be Ready to work in Victoria Island and close by 7.30pm each day and probably leave your house by 5am each morning as l do.

Benefits
Attractive pay depending on your negotiation power
Staff Bus to take you to and fro office.
You will be working with a very nice boss
etc.

lf you qualify for the job and can cope send ur cv to me at ask4angel06@yahoo.com before october 3, 2008.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2008
'oga-o' mypeace, na u biko! wink wink Congrats and all the best. cheersssssssssssssss
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by chy(f): 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2008
HI MY PEACE NA WAH
NA ONLY SABI GET JOBS

Pls i need response b4 friday
I need to organise in house lunch for our AGM meeting
What can i provide apart from chinese food
help suggest other food that can fit into the stomach of
high profile people
Thanks
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 11:45am On Nov 12, 2008
Thank you my dear colleagues.  l give God all the glory.

Chy sorry, we didnt respond to u, hope it went well.

Abeg, l need hotel directory.  my job is more of travel arrangement.  l need hotel directory urgently.

Isimbo,
pls can we get in touch? lt seems our job details are similar. my email is ask4angel06@yahoo.com.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On Nov 15, 2008
To get your career started, go to www.payjobs.net
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by LadyM1: 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2008
Friendship Bond. Its amazing when strangers become friends, but its sad when friends become strangers. I never want to lose U as a friend! I met U as a stranger. Now I have U as a friend. I hope we meet in our next walk of life where friendship never ends. ♥I ♥may ♥not ♥be ♥the ♥most ♥important ♥person ♥in ♥your ♥LIFE ♥I ♥just ♥hope ♥that ♥when ♥you ♥hear ♥my ♥name ♥you ♥smile ♥& ♥say ♥ DAT'S MY friend. Merry Xmas in Advance.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Gsawlah(f): 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2008
Waoh! Im just too impressed. ve bin on this forum for the past two hrs, i just couldnt help but to log on.

I read all your contributions, Qs&As. I got my present job too tru the job/vacancies section in nairaland, and i work as a Front Desk & Admin Asst though i have HND in ACCOUNTING. Its quite okay but for sure the pay could be better. im so happy for Mypeace and i want to believe wen it comes to your career you've paid your dues.

Glad to be your family here. read more from you. In the spirit of the season, i wish a merry Xmas and a Prosperous 2009 in advance.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2009
Hello everyone, WELCOME TO A PROSPEROUS 2009. C H E E R S!!!!!! smiley kiss
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by FunmyKemmy(f): 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2009
Compliments of the season to everybody.

2009 is OUR YEAR.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 8:32am On Jan 08, 2009
Compliment of the season to everyoe. 2009 is our year of Blessing, Break-through, divine favour, upliftment. May we all move on with great expectation, for God has something for us.

Cheers
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by akaa(f): 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2009
MYPEACE YOU ARE WONDERFUL, YOU JUST A GIFT TO THIS FORUM, I` IN THIS JOB FOR ELEVEN YEARS NOW BUT IT IS IN A SMALL FIRM, THOUGH I STARTED AS A CASHEIR, THEN NOW SECRETARY, BUT THE MAN IS ASKING ME TO BE HIS PERSONAL ASSISTANT TOO.
BUT I`M AFRAID THIS WORK IS TOO TEMTED. I WANT YOU TO HELP ME, WE ARE INTO IMPORTATION AND THE MAN HAVE BEEN TELLING ME TO TRAVEL TO CHINA WITH HIM ON A BUSINESS TRIP, BUT I TURN IT OFF BECAUSE HAVE HAVE NOT TRAVEL OUTSIDE WITH HIS WIFE, SO HOW CAN I BE THE FIRST PERSON TO TRAVEL WITH HIM ALSO WILL HERE PAY FOR MY OWN HOTEL THROUGHOUT THE DAYS WE WILL SPEND THERE, THST IS WHY I TURN IT OFF, SO PLEASE ADVICE ME, THOUGH MY FREINDS HAVE BEEN TELLING ME THAT I AM MISSING MY OPPORTUNITIES.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by finekoko(m): 9:09pm On Jan 08, 2009
found this site that helps you get available jobs from reputable companies from nigeria, http://www.cvdatabank.com
all u have to do is log in an fill in ur cv in an online format, and then u get an alert anytime a company post jobs on the site, and this companies do so because they have individual accounts in the site as well
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:34am On Jan 15, 2009
Hello my beautiful people of this forum, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all kiss kiss

@akaa.

Thanks for being part of us. Your boss shouldn't ask you to be his PA, rather he should give you a promotion letter to that effect with a fatter pay. l am suspecting the man oogrin shocked, Abeg ask him why he needs you to travel with him? How would your travelling with him help the company? l dont see why you should travel with him. Abeg this may not be a God given opportunity as your friends potray it. just be careful, however follow your heart. tongue
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by TINAOGE: 10:46am On Jan 16, 2009
Happy New Year everybody. Am new on this forum. Please I need a PA job in Abuja for my hubby urgently. Anyone with information should contact me through ohbabyoge@yahoo.com.

Thanks and God Bless.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Vuitton(m): 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2009
Jus started a job as a PA to the MD of a research and technology firm and got no experience but so far so good.

I will be checking this thread frequently to discuss for now im going home.

Keep it up mypeace, u doing great. All the best this year cool
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2009
What can i say other than HAPPY NEW YEAR.

So sorry for the long silence. I have been very occupied with tasks, but nevertheless God is still helping me.

A friend of mine need marketers and it would not be nice not to inform the good PA's and Sec in house before it goes public. In case you know anyone who has a flair for Marketing and Sales, tell them to send their current CV's to this email: hadassh2009@yahoo.com

Am certain something nice would come out of it.

Best regards to everyone that made this room a success in 2008, am certain that we shall all have a splendid 2009.

Welcome to the best year of your working career.

Me

Ojurere
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2009
Happy new year everyone, am new on this forum, please i need a front desk or Secretary job in lagos am an OND holder, my email address is anderigwe@yahoo.com for any available job

thank you
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2009
Anderline, are you experienced? how many years experience do you hv as a secretary. l hv someone who is in need of an experienced OND holder as a PA. reply urgently b4 its late.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 3:11pm On Jan 23, 2009
Ma mypeace, kindly send her an email, that would be faster for her.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:01am On Jan 26, 2009
ojurere dear, l have done that. hope she gets back.

Wishing everyone a happy new week! tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Full Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.