Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,870 members, 7,828,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? (6826 Views)

Ikpeazu Worships In Lagos With The Oba (Pictures) / The Oba Of Lagos Does Not Speak For Us - APC / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And Tinubu Staring At The Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by kowema(f): 11:14am On Nov 17, 2014
So just because the Oba of Ikotun's mother died, This people decided to give me a sleepless night last night..Making all sorts of useless noise n chanting all manner of bullshits, disturbing public peace and even distorted commercial activities in Ikotun today...Worst is they went on to destroy peoples properties n now shops are scared to open Cus they said an even more destructive masquerade wud be out any time soon.......My question is , what is the economic importance of The Oba's aged mother?, More important persons have lost mothers yet they cried in the privacy of their bedroom n even cooked rice....Wonder when these people would give up on their vain traditions.......I'm even scared of weda to go home strait from work or sleep out..

9 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by alabiyemmy(m): 11:17am On Nov 17, 2014
Ask them, not us.

5 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by NewNigeriaMind: 11:19am On Nov 17, 2014
kowema:
So just because the Oba of Ikotun's mother died, This people decided to give me a sleepless night last night..Making all sorts of useless noise n chanting all manner of bullshits, disturbing public peace and even distorted commercial activities in Ikotun today...Worst is they went on to destroy peoples properties n now shops are scared to open Cus they said an even more destructive masquerade wud be out any time soon.......My question is , what is the economic importance of The Oba's aged mother?, More important persons have lost mothers yet they cried in the privacy of their bedroom n even cooked rice....Wonder when these people would give up on their vain traditions.......I'm even scared of weda to go home strait from work or sleep out..

Go to the Oba palace and ask the people now!!!

Coward

20 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by bawberry(m): 11:28am On Nov 17, 2014
Just another bored Op lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by kowema(f): 11:33am On Nov 17, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Coward
Mumu dey for world o..Ewu Gambia, dem tie ya hand join keyboard....Human goat

9 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by kowema(f): 11:36am On Nov 17, 2014
Jobless Yoruba populace in the guise of youths...By their blabs u shall know dem

7 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 17, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Coward
cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 17, 2014
kowema:
So just because the Oba of Ikotun's mother died, This people decided to give me a sleepless night last night..Making all sorts of useless noise n chanting all manner of bullshits, disturbing public peace ...... Wonder when these people would give up on their vain traditions.......I'm even scared of weda to go home strait from work or sleep out..
Thats the Oro - the bullroarer. Oro procession is observed everywhere in Yorubaland during: Its annual festival, Funeral rites, Initiation ceremonies, Coronation ceremonies, propitiatory sacrifice etc etc.

That said, Ikotun In Lagos state is their 'village' and they have the right to observe their age long traditions in their own land. They cannot forfeit their culture just to make you comfortable. If you'v got any problem with that, you can leave Ikotun and go back to your own inconsequential village

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by NewNigeriaMind: 11:45am On Nov 17, 2014
kowema:
Jobless Yoruba populace in the guise of youths...By their blabs u shall know dem

You are a coward!!!!

Rather than beating chest here, go to the Oba palace and complain now.....

All you are saying is hogshit until you show you are a man and face the people you are complaining about.

16 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by NewNigeriaMind: 11:52am On Nov 17, 2014
kowema:

An ingrate and bastard like you that has no respect for other people culture even though na you carry your Ghana-must-go bag for head join ekene dili chukwu come Lagos. Di

If it pains you we are observing our custom do the needful and return to your village.

Awon omo irankiran

28 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by kowema(f): 11:55am On Nov 17, 2014
KIRIJI:
Thats the Oro - the bullroarer. Oro procession is observed everywhere in Yorubaland during: Its annual festival, Funeral rites, Initiation ceremonies, Coronation ceremonies, propitiatory sacrifice etc etc.

That said, Ikotun In Lagos state is their 'village' and they have the right to observe their age long traditions in their own land. They cannot forfeit their culture just to make you comfortable. If you'v got any problem with that, you can leave Ikotun and go back to your own inconsequential village

I Gave u one like for the clear explanation.... I Dnt av an issue with a show of cultural Heritage, my problem is do they av to destroy peoples properties ?...U need to see how they destroyed shops, kiosks, windscreen, show glasses etc...This is extreme mehn!!!...Shop owners wer even advised to lock up and DAT a more destructive masquerade wud come out...imagine.... Are they mourning or spitting long hidden venom on their shop owner neighbours

13 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by NewNigeriaMind: 12:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
kowema:

I Gave u one like for the clear explanation.... I Dnt av an issue with a show of cultural Heritage, my problem is do they av to destroy peoples properties ?...U need to see how they destroyed shops, kiosks, windscreen, show glasses etc...This is extreme mehn!!!...Shop owners wer even advised to lock up and DAT a more destructive masquerade wud come out...imagine.... Are they mourning of spitting long hidden venom on their shop owner neighbours

Wow like the coward you are already on a retreat......

This is what you said up there

[b].......My question is , what is the economic importance of The Oba's aged mother?, More important persons have lost mothers yet they cried in the privacy of their bedroom n even cooked rice....Wonder when these people would give up on their vain traditions.......I'm even scared of weda to go home strait from work or sleep out..[/b]

if you are not stupid or a slowpoke you will not make these statements. So our tradition is vain but you will carry your flat head to your village to celebrate your own culture, but we in Lagos should not celebrate our culture because a flattie came to Lagos.

when you lose your mother that is if you have one which I seriously doubt cause you lack basic upbringing, you can ask yourself then what is the economic importance....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
kowema:

I Gave u one like for the clear explanation.... I Dnt av an issue with a show of cultural Heritage, my problem is do they av to destroy peoples properties ?...U need to see how they destroyed shops, kiosks, windscreen, show glasses etc...This is extreme mehn!!!...Shop owners wer even advised to lock up and DAT a more destructive masquerade wud come out...imagine.... Are they mourning of spitting long hidden venom on their shop owner neighbours
Women, strangers and non-initiate are not permitted to be outdoor during the Oro procession anywhere in Yorubaland, closed-shop and sit-at-homes are usually advised.

As cosmopolitan as Ikeja, the capial of Lagos state is, when the late Olu of Ikeja Oba Rauf matemi amore died few moths ago, residence and shop owners(computer village) were adviced to sit at home during the period/time of the traditional rites.

fracas wouldnt ensue between you and your host community if you respect their custom

18 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by kowema(f): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

[b].......My question is , what is the economic importance of The Oba's aged mother?, More important persons have lost mothers yet they cried in the privacy of their bedroom n even cooked rice....Wonder when these people would give up on their vain traditions.......I'm even scared of weda to go home strait from work or sleep out..[/b]

if you are not stupid or a slowpoke you will not make these statements. So our tradition is vain but you will carry your flat head to your village to celebrate your own culture, but we in Lagos should not celebrate our culture because a flattie came to Lagos.

when you lose your mother that is if you have one which I seriously doubt cause you lack basic upbringing, you can ask yourself then what is the economic importance....
See why I called u a goat?, so celebrating culture means being destructive?, Very Lame indeed!...I'm sure when ur mother dies u plan to destroy, why shud I blame you anyway?, if ur mother was a builder , u wud build for her, since she was destructive, u wud av to destroy to make her spirit proud.... I wonder what u av planned to destroy at her demise, probably ur family house..Well I doubt if her destructive nature even aloud her to encourage ur father to build a house so the only option left to destroy wud be you.... Useless son of a useless cultural upbringing....

11 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by kowema(f): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2014
KIRIJI:
Women, strangers and non-initiate are not permitted to be outdoor during the Oro procession anywhere in Yorubaland, closed-shop and sit-at-homes are usually advised.

As cosmopolitan as Ikeja, the capial of Lagos state is, when the late Olu of Ikeja Oba Rauf matemi amore died few moths ago, residence and shop owners(computer village) were adviced to sit at home during the period/time of the traditional rites.

fracas wouldnt ensue between you and your host community if you respect their custom

Thanks Jare...Better person

2 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by kowema(f): 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
KIRIJI:

Thanks Jare , points Noted....Better person

1 Like

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by NewNigeriaMind: 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
kowema:

See why I called u a goat?, so celebrating culture means being destructive?, Very Lame indeed!...I'm sure when ur mother dies u plan to destroy, why shud I blame you anyway?, if ur mother was a builder , u wud build for her, since she was destructive, u wud av to destroy to make her spirit proud.... I wonder what u av planned to destroy at her demise, probably ur family house..Well I doubt if her destructive nature even aloud her to encourage ur father to build a house so the only option left to destroy wud be you.... Useless son of a useless cultural upbringing....

Cry me a river grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you are even dumber than I gave you credit......... its too late to spin the gist.

If you are not a monkey someone mother died and all you have to say is what is the economic importance. I am not surprised though, everything is measured in Naira and Kobo where you come from, I know its alien to you some people and culture place more value on their parents than Naira and Kobo.

Is it Oro that came out in the night that will go about destroying property, see this idiot o!!!

Even in Ikeja with all the shops and office complexes there was no single destruction of property all through the burial right of the former king.

Animal your problem is with the people performing their tradition.... be brave for once in your miserable life and accept the basic truth about you and your kind. you are nothing but a selfish and arrogant being that sees nothing good in others but himself.

14 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by link2ok(m): 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
Interesting... dia is a real contest between d two fools above. in Quintus Batiatus voice #Let_D_game_begin

2 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by gratiaeo(m): 2:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
link2ok:
Interesting... dia is a real contest between d two fools above. in Quintus Batiatus voice #Let_D_game_begin
Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by NewNigeriaMind: 2:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
link2ok:

Dr Okey didn't your parents teach you it is wrong to call people names especially when whatever the matter is does not involve you.

Na wa o, you are suppose to be a youth corper, with this your mouth I doubt how long you will last in Kaduna.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by focus7: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
kowema:
I think ur people claimed that anambra is the garden of eden now. If they chose their thing the way they are doing and u are not please with, why can't u go to ur garden of eden and leave them alone, must u wait until u are deported and dump at the niger bridge again?

8 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by masseratti: 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
KIRIJI:

the way you guys use oro to claim cultural heritage is very funny,there are places in Lagos that were swamps in 50s and 60s just because a family lays claims on these land doesn't mean we lord it over everyone,
In the old days Oro was not used to destroy people properties,or harass the populace,and it's mostly done in d dead of the Night not in the morning or afternoon.the earlier we stop all these non sense we claim to be tradition or cultural heritage and confine them to history books or museums the better.
Btw am born,bread buttered true Lagosian,Kings family for further clarification Kosoko family my ancestors ruled here,abi u wan send me go another village?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Bloomyloo: 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
kowema:

Went around Governors road today and could see youths with sticks and what have u breaking glasses here and there n shops wer locked up too... So all the drama was Cus an old woman who has lived her life died?..... Are they not suppose to do celebration of life instead of destruction at death?...But why....

2 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Bloomyloo: 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
masseratti:
the way you guys use oro to claim cultural heritage is very funny,there are places in Lagos that were swamps in 50s and 60s just because a family lays claims on these land doesn't mean we lord it over everyone,
In the old days Oro was not used to destroy people properties,or harass the populace,and it's mostly done in d dead of the Night not in the morning or afternoon.the earlier we stop all these non sense we claim to be tradition or cultural heritage and confine them to history books or museums the better.
Btw am born,bread buttered true Lagosian,Kings
family for further clarification Kosoko family my ancestors ruled here,abi u wan send me go another village?
God bless you unbiased fellow

1 Like

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Bloomyloo: 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

So u agree that ur tradition should be destructive rather than erective?... Well like the Op said, You are stupid indeed.. SMH at this kinda cultural claims n d idiots in support like you...Is there no better way to celebrate a dead aged woman?..

5 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by NewNigeriaMind: 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
Bloomyloo:

So u agree that ur tradition should be destructive rather than effective?... Well like the Op said, You are stupid indeed.. SMH at this kinda cultural claims n d idiots in support like you...Is there no better way to celebrate a dead aged woman?..

Kindly quote where I said I support the destruction of property in the name of tradition.....

Please quote the part.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by raumdeuter: 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
I am sure the OP is from that red soil region who came as an economic refugee into Ikotun

In his own region, they would have cooked the dead woman for Nkwobi so he is surprised they didnt eat the woman

Anyway If you are not comfortable with the way Ikotun people observe their tradition, take the next luxurious bus back to the cursed land you came from

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
kowema:

Did you just type this ? Jobless Yoruba populace that your forefathers have been feeding,right ? It is senseless comments like yours that usually ignite unnecessary crisis both online and in real life. So you want to dictate to them how to live their lives on their soil,right ? You claimed those Peolple were attacking and destroying your properties. Okay,what were you doing when all these were going on ? I thought you guys were brave. So you did nothing except running to Nairaland to flex your useless muscle and beat your empty chest as usual. My advice- when next those "jobless Yoruba populace" are disturbing your peace, please confront them. Ode,Omo irankiran,must you live in Yorubaland ?

3 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by NewNigeriaMind: 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
Bloomyloo:

So u agree that ur tradition should be destructive rather than erective?... Well like the Op said, You are stupid indeed.. SMH at this kinda cultural claims n d idiots in support like you...Is there no better way to celebrate a dead aged woman?..

I AM STILL WATING FOR YOU TO QUOTE WHERE I SUPPORTED THE DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY IN THE NAME OF TRADITION OR WHERE I EVEN ALLUDED TO IT.

These Igbos are very slow in the head.

2 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Bloomyloo: 4:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

So u agree that ur tradition should be destructive rather than effective?... Well like the Op said, You are stupid indeed.. SMH at this kinda cultural claims n d idiots in support like you...Is there no better way to celebrate a dead aged woman?..

From The arguments above especially ur second/ Third paragraph, You seem to be proud about this particular patterb of cultural celebration.... Guy, if I'm not wrong, u are a graduate, pls think beyond ur anus...Take a stroll to Ikotun n tell me if what u see is the smell of Celebration ......I advice u drop ur useless cultural sentiments

3 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by raumdeuter: 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
Bloomyloo:

From The arguments above especially ur second/ Third paragraph, You seem to be proud about this particular patterb of cultural celebration.... Guy, if I'm not wrong, u are a graduate, pls think beyond ur anus...Take a stroll to Ikotun n tell me if what u see is the smell of Celebration ......I advice u drop ur useless cultural sentiments

What would it cost you to leave Ikotun where you dont support their culture back to your village where you support the culture being practised there?

2 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Bloomyloo: 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
raumdeuter:
I am sure the OP is from that red soil region who came as an economic refugee into Ikotun

In his own region, they would have cooked the dead woman for Nkwobi so he is surprised they didnt eat the woman

Anyway If you are not comfortable with the way Ikotun people observe their tradition, take the next luxurious bus back to the cursed land you came from
Another mumu in display.... You people and tribal wars

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City / Osinbajo Arrives New Guinea For 8th African Summit Of African, Carribean States / ''Saudis Should Tap Nigeria's Resources'' - Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.