Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,301 members, 7,846,341 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? (6866 Views)

Ikpeazu Worships In Lagos With The Oba (Pictures) / The Oba Of Lagos Does Not Speak For Us - APC / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And Tinubu Staring At The Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by kowema(f): 5:35am On Nov 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
av u finished lying?
What properties were destroyed?

I was still at ikotun till 7pm ds evening so u might rephrase ur lies.

The thing is, u're just a bigoted low-lifer!
Face ur tribe..if e no gree u, fly back to your town..
See this one, you that was in Ikotun n me dat live in Ikotun and very very close to d Oba palace wia the heat was, who is lying?.... I'm sure ur still asleep but this is 5:31 am and ryt now, I am on my way to the office.... That is to say, even before u open ur eyes to dawn, even before u enta a vehicle to Ikotun, people like us wud av seen the whole drama n leave u with Cast to View.......Until u wake up, have a good nyt rest

2 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:07am On Nov 18, 2014
azzima:
I don't see any Igbo igwes in Lagos, all I see are Baale's and oba's all over Lagos. Demented and ungrateful bunch of Morons. It's just in the blood since centuries ago

Cry me a river mate. You claim Igbos are only in Festac and Alaba while around you in Lekki phase one and VGC, you know the percentage of property ownership, don't you?

5 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:36am On Nov 18, 2014
kowema:

See this one, you that was in Ikotun n me dat live in Ikotun and very very close to d Oba palace wia the heat was, who is lying?.... I'm sure ur still asleep but this is 5:31 am and ryt now, I am on my way to the office.... That is to say, even before u open ur eyes to dawn, even before u enta a vehicle to Ikotun, people like us wud av seen the whole drama n leave u with Cast to View.......Until u wake up, have a good nyt rest
did u even knw I stay at council bus stop? I go inside ikotun every day.

4 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Bloomyloo: 7:52am On Nov 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
did u even knw I stay at council bus stop? I go inside ikotun every day.

Guy give up abeg, person way go and person stay no be the same tin...I was around Governors Road my self n I saw the drama to some extent, and the broken glasses and wood from peoples shop...People in the environs said it was even an all nyt tingy.....

1 Like

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by meccuno: 8:38am On Nov 18, 2014
azzima:
that's all I expected your kind to say. Because what I said is factual. You guys will be slaughtered again soon. Keep running your mouth. The Deltans hate you, Hausa is a no no and the only tribe that TRIED to tolerate you , the Yoruba's culture is being disrespected. I understand,it's in your genes. The only tribe that kidnap their kings for ransom(an abomination), the only tribe that haggles with its host everywhere, the only tribe that produces baby factories everywhere(babies for as low as 50k), only tribe that never like to stay and develop their region(they are everywhere I turn) wish I can do the killings myself......
I detest tribalist.....and ethnic champions....not saying u shouldn't be proud of ur tribe,but when you think urs is more superior than others,its disgusting.....u talk about everybody hating igbos......have you heard what an average northerner says about your tribe? Its unprintable and degrading......I don't know about other tribes but this I know......ask around...everybody has disdain for every ethnic group doesn't make the whole lot bad......I don't know how old you are,but when I read comments on ethnic bashing,I laugh......and the annoying thing is that they would say when the slaughtering begins........I beg you in the name of God,if you haven't experienced crises or war,do not pray for such....not a good thing....if the op has insulted u or what u believe in,there are better ways to go about it......and most times,people from other tribes might come to look for trouble then automatically the igbos gets the blame.....una no dey tire?

3 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by VirginFinder: 8:56am On Nov 18, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Product of failed contraceptive. Lagos is no man's land, now get that into your oil filled skull.

You are a dullard!

Go and vote/support Bob Okey Okoroji of the 'great' APGA to become next governor of Lagos state.

3 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 18, 2014
azzima:
that's all I expected your kind to say. Because what I said is factual. You guys will be slaughtered again soon. Keep running your mouth. The Deltans hate you, Hausa is a no no and the only tribe that TRIED to tolerate you , the Yoruba's culture is being disrespected. I understand,it's in your genes. The only tribe that kidnap their kings for ransom(an abomination), the only tribe that haggles with its host everywhere, the only tribe that produces baby factories everywhere(babies for as low as 50k), only tribe that never like to stay and develop their region(they are everywhere I turn) wish I can do the killings myself......

Guy that's not nice,
I understand you're upset but engaging in tribals and bringing up historical wounds is totally uncalled for.

And by the way, read your history very well,
If not for the support of the brittish to you guys the easterners would've won hands down.
Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by pazienza(m): 9:33am On Nov 18, 2014
That's what you get when you are staying in a town that is not yours, you have to get used to their culture,which might not be comfortable to you, it's not a Yoruba thing, it's an African thing.

In my town we have an annual celebration we call "Nwafor", it can be quite violent,and i guess foreigners in my town might not like it, but i like Nwafor like die.

When i was in Aba, the locals in the part of Aba i use to stay,have this tradition of forcing all other Igbos in their land to close their shops whenever they are conducting village burials. And these people tend to have like a single burial each week. As a foreigner,i found it barbaric and too harsh that they would cripple all commercial activities in the vincinity,just for burial, and you don't want to see what their youths do to those who refuse to comply.

I was once going to Abakaliki from Enugu, along Ebonyi part of the road, a group of angry youths carrying enlarged pics of their dead fellow, some with bottles of beer, and some smoking, caused a heavy traffic, forcing all motorist to slow down, and pay them, for passing through their town, they were even carrying heavy sticks, which they were hiting on the bonnet of motorists that refused to pay them. This was in an express road o! And a police road block was near by, but the police were indifferent to the whole scenario, on enquiry, i learnt that what i was witnessing is a regular occurrence in that area.

3 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by chinasaekperem9: 9:34am On Nov 18, 2014
kowema:

Ignore the fool. He his suffering from brown roof ideology cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by pazienza(m): 9:47am On Nov 18, 2014
Op, as you can see, what you witnessed is not just an Ikotun or Yoruba problem, but is an African problem. We are often too passionate about our immediate self, immediate family, immediate town, that we don't really give a damn about what is good for the rest of the society. This is a fundamental problem we are facing.
Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by omoreminder2: 9:49am On Nov 18, 2014
raumdeuter:
I am sure the OP is from that red soil region who came as an economic refugee into Ikotun

In his own region, they would have cooked the dead woman for Nkwobi so he is surprised they didnt eat the woman

Anyway If you are not comfortable with the way Ikotun people observe their tradition, take the next luxurious bus back to the cursed land you came from

Adedayo Adepoju be warned. I can see that you have editted your name on facebook because of me. You must stop insulting Igbos on this forum or your family pictures will be everywhere....

You have been warned dayo. There is no place for tribalism on nairaland anymore. I have given you enough time and respected you enough but you have refused to be reasonable...Your many sins as dayokanu are still very fresh....

I am sure you still remember this cake...It was for mummy.....

____

Signed

Therevelation...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:10am On Nov 18, 2014
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard!

Go and vote/support Bob Okey Okoroji of the 'great' APGA to become next governor of Lagos state.

You must be a product of a leaking condom.
Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by VirginFinder: 10:31am On Nov 18, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

You must be a product of a leaking condom.

After ruminating on my post for like forever, this is all you can manage to put up as response?

That line has been overused. Heard it for the first time in 2002/2003 from Basketmouth.

Seriously, you lack ideas.

You are a dullard!

4 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by orimsamsam(m): 10:31am On Nov 18, 2014
I laugh wen igbotic say lagos is no man land.
Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by kowema(f): 10:35am On Nov 18, 2014
pazienza:
Op, as you can see, what you witnessed is not just an Ikotun or Yoruba problem, but is African problem. We are often too passionate about our immediate self, immediate family, immediate town, that we don't really give a damn about what is good for the rest of the society. This is a fundamental problem we are facing.

..I've said it before n I'm saying again, I don't av an issue with us celebrating culture, culture is beautiful. I served in Jigawa state n I loved the horse ride parade dey did every Salah, its was beautiful, intact what made it more beautiful was the fact that foreigners cud come out to watch without fear, Now did I condemn dis culture?, No , Why ?, Cus it is safe n interesting...Back to my point, I will never support any culture that instills fear in the Name and spirit of Celebration or tradition, And I don't care if it is my Culture too.....I really don't understand why people just get this tribal fight alert even when the Town Crier didn't Cry...
Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by 1960chic(f): 11:35am On Nov 18, 2014
KIRIJI:
Thats the Oro - the bullroarer. Oro procession is observed everywhere in Yorubaland during: Its annual festival, Funeral rites, Initiation ceremonies, Coronation ceremonies, propitiatory sacrifice etc etc.

That said, Ikotun In Lagos state is their 'village' and they have the right to observe their age long traditions in their own land. They cannot forfeit their culture just to make you comfortable. If you'v got any problem with that, you can leave Ikotun and go back to your own inconsequential village

Keep quiet jor

Is that why they should go about destroying people's properties? Many of them even steal in the process. Oro ko! Oro ni! Is Ikoyi and Victoria Island not somebody's village? Can they try such rubbish there?

Yeye people

1 Like

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:45am On Nov 18, 2014
VirginFinder:

After ruminating on my post for like forever, this is all you can manage to put up as response?

That line has been overused. Heard it for the first time in 2002/2003 from Basketmouth.

Seriously, you lack ideas.

You are a dullard!

Cry me a river son!
Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Evathyst(f): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
Make me self join d e-tribal war abeg, no time. Besides, whose side do I stand? wink

Lolz, e-fight business is a serious business except some pple no go collect thr salary.
Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Evathyst(f): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
1960chic:

Keep quiet jor

Is that why they should go about destroying people's properties? Many of them even steal in the process. Oro ko! Oro ni! Is Ikoyi and Victoria Island not somebody's village? Can they try such rubbish there?

Yeye people
C'mon meshonu there! Under customary laws, u don't teach pple how to observe thr traditional rites. U pple are just clinging on d unsubstantiated claim of property destruction to arm-twist d story.

I've watched with utter dismay how d igbos ignorantly disturb my neighbourhood during Xmas with dt thr useless Umanhu(masquerade). Also, I served in Cross river state. I've watched helplessly how d efiks frightened d daylight outta me with thr good for nothing 'ekpo' masquerade. Thr own will even go as far as creating a heavy traffic. Nd @ nite, any lady dt doesn't 'waka well' she will be brutally raped.

My point is dt u shld stop speaking disparagingly of our tradition in as much as u also do urs. Nd if u'r uncomfortable with our tradition, please leave d shores of our region. Abi why una dey alwz like to find trouble self? lipsrsealed

Disclaimer: d above are my personal opinions based on experience. I'm neither a traditionalist nor a bigot. But, I fucking hate pretenders who hide under d guise of morality to spew trash.
Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Evathyst(f): 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
1960chic:

Keep quiet jor

Yeye people
C'mon meshonu there! Under customary laws, u don't teach pple how to observe thr traditional rites. U pple are just clinging on d unsubstantiated claim of property destruction to arm-twist d story.

I've watched with utter dismay how d igbos ignorantly disturb my neighbourhood during Xmas with dt thr useless Umanhu(masquerade). Also, I served in Cross river state. I've watched helplessly how d efiks frightened d daylight outta me with thr good for nothing 'ekpo' masquerade. Thr own will even go as far as creating a heavy traffic. Nd @ nite, any lady dt doesn't 'waka well' she will be brutally raped.

My point is dt u shld stop speaking disparagingly of our tradition in as much as u also do urs. Nd if u'r uncomfortable with our tradition, please leave d shores of our region. Abi why una dey alwz like to find trouble self? lipsrsealed

Disclaimer: d above are my personal opinions based on experience. I'm neither a traditionalist nor a bigot. But, I fucking hate pretenders who hide under d guise of morality to spew trash. grin

1 Like

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by 1960chic(f): 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
Evathyst:

Disclaimer: d above are my personal opinions based on experience. I'm neither a traditionalist nor a bigot. But, I fucking hate pretenders who hide under d guise of morality to spew trash. grin

Shove it in your arse

Next!!!
Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by VirginFinder: 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Cry me a river son!

Another overused line?

You are a dullard!!

1 Like

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by VirginFinder: 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
1960chic:

Keep quiet jor

Yeye people

There is oro in VI , Ikoyi and Lekki axis. Strong and dangerous.

1 Like

Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by Evathyst(f): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2014
1960chic:

Shove it in your arse

Next!!!
Oro di hun, Oro p'esi je o, Oro di hun. #Singing melodiously in Fela's voice#

I said u shld 'meshonu' nd u did? Jeez! One word 4 me plz wink
Re: The Oba Of Ikotun's Mother Died!!!!....so What?, Does It Justify This? by NewNigeriaMind: 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
1960chic:

Keep quiet jor

Yeye people

I am sure if your search NL well you will find a post on the recent Oro Festival here in Oniru Estate Victoria Island. The Ooro festival was early this year and all resident in the estate complied with the laws of the Oba to stay indoors all through the night.

Like you said, Ikoyi and Victoria Island is someones village, please respect their tradition.

FYI I repeat this, I am yet to see an actual Ooro festival or parade in mid night where people property were destroyed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Happens If Nigeria Does It Like China (pic) - Cramjones / UK Embassy In Nigeria Host Remembrance Sunday Service In Honor Of Nigerian Heros / To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.