Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script (49761 Views)

History Of Nsibidi The Ancient Igbo Alphabets Britain Destroyed Ibo Civilization / Where Is The Origin Of The "Nsibidi" Form Of Writing? / Original Nigerian Inhabitants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by notobs: 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
ujoinme:
Here is my contribution to this thread The truth on the origin and roots of NSIBIDI LANGUAGE OF EKPE; All the bickering parties should read this scholarstic work published by the University of florida on the subject Nsibidi and ekpe is not open to debate exhustive schorlastic literature exist on the subjects The germans, british and many nigerian scholars have done extensive research on the subject matter. This literature will dispel all the pettiness on this thread enjoy your read http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UFE0043998/00001
This is a fine academic research, thank you sir, of most importance to me is the over 20 pages of Academic references, The accumulation of such literature will be the Achilles heels of revisionist historians.

Once again thank you for your link to such wealth of information.

1 Like

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by cococandy(f): 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
OboloMAN:

Nobody is against its improvement.
You don't sideline the author of a novel because you are trying to improve his work in a movie.
Acknowlegde the owners of Nsibidi.
Why are the igbos trying to Hijack our agelong Cherished Nsibidi?

Culture Copyright.
smh. Did you read the op?

2 Likes

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by kmariko: 7:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
OboloMAN:

Nobody is against its improvement.
You don't sideline the author of a novel because you are trying to improve his work in a movie.
Acknowlegde the owners of Nsibidi.
Why are the igbos trying to Hijack our agelong Cherished Nsibidi?

Culture Copyright.

Who are the owners of this system of writing?
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by kmariko: 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
MR NOTOBS ARE YOU EKOI OR SOUTHERN CAMEROUNIAN

1 Like

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
cococandy:
So who owns it is now more important than improving it? That's why Africans find it hard to improve. Senseless feuds take up the energy that would have been used for more productivity

This is why I rarely make threads. iamord encouraged me to try again, but I knew better...

On the plus side, I did learn some new things, and I'm sending interested people information, so the thread wasn't a total loss. In fact, I would actually consider it a relative success.

I just wish there could be a more coordinated effort in the project. As you saw, my last contribution was over 3 years ago. And the guy is still going it alone. But look at us. Look at this thread.

Optimism is a talent.

4 Likes

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by notobs: 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
kmariko:
MR NOTOBS ARE YOU EKOI OR SOUTHERN CAMEROUNIAN
I am proudly Efik, my dad is from duke town calabar, cross river state and my mum from Uruan, Akwa ibom State.
both communities where Ekpe societies are Alive and well.

And where are you from?

1 Like

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by true2god: 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
notobs:

You can scream all you want a decieve those you can decieve, the fact and the truth is that you and your cohorts are wallowing in intellectual fraud by participating in revisionist history.
Here are the facts Igbos have nothing to do with Ekpe, Nsibidi is the language of Ekpe cultural group.
Stop jumping around like a kid, you will gain nothing. Nsibidi originated from efik\ibibio and spread towards aro, bende,afikpo and some other Igbo tribes as a result of geographical proximity and cultural interaction.

The letter you are typing with originate from anglo-saxon and the romans, and they are not making noice about it. I am sure you have 0% or no understanding of the insibidi script at all. So chill and stop ranting like a small kid that is new on nairaland.

8 Likes

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by cococandy(f): 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

Optimism is a talent.
true. Without loads of it, one can't keep up around here.
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
notobs:

This is a fine academic research, thank you sir, of most importance to me is the over 20 pages of Academic references, The accumulation of such literature will be the Achilles heels of revisionist historians.

Once again thank you for your link to such wealth of information.

It's a good thing you accept that paper as being 'fine academic research' and 'the Achilles heels of revisionist historians'. Now do yourself a favour and read it! Note what it says about from where, from whom and when the Efik obtained Ekpe and Nsibidi.

8 Likes

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by kmariko: 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
You are not Ekoi then and can't lay claim to nsibidi origin and invention. You like any other "ethnic champion" stop derailing this thread since the groups you are championing merely started using the beautiful Nsibidi after the Ekoi's have done the fundamental workl.

5 Likes

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by notobs: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
true2god:
Stop jumping around like a kid, you will gain nothing. Nsibidi originated from efik\ibibio and spread towards aro, bende,afikpo and some other Igbo tribes as a result of geographical proximity and cultural interaction.

The letter you are typing with originate from anglo-saxon and the romans, and they are not making noice about it. I am sure you have 0% or no understanding of the insibidi script at all. So chill and stop ranting like a small kid that is new on nairaland.

At least we write their language and call it theirs no one is trying to usurp its heritage or change its history as your fraudulent brothers were trying to insinuate here,I do not pervert the anglo-saxon and roman as Efik. all over the world people borrow, language, art form, culture, words etc, But they always acknowledge the source or the root, Unlike the fraud that the Op and others were trying to perpetuate, If the igbos borrowed the culture or art form and language of Nsibidi and Ekpe, thats fine with me as long as they are humble and honest enough acknowledge the source they got it from and not try to pass it off as theirs.

You can call me all the names you like it wont change the fact on grounds, Others might value their money, others their station and status in life, We the Efik value our cultural heritage and will not stand around to see it perverted by anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by notobs: 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
kmariko:
You are not Ekoi then and can't lay claim to nsibidi origin and invention. You like any other "ethnic champion" stop derailing this thread since the groups you are championing merely started using the beautiful Nsibidi after the Ekoi's have done the fundamental workl.
What is Ekoi? Stop branding word you dont understand its meaning who are the Ekoi people? the ekoi are not igbos they share similar culture with the Efik Ibibio people and may have also copied the Ekpe and Nsibidi.
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by kmariko: 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
notobs:

What is Ekoi? Stop branding word you dont understand its meaning who are the Ekoi people?

Again you are Efik not Ejegham. You are acting like the Igbo's you are accusing of "forceful" appropriation of other people's culture.

1 Like

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by notobs: 8:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
kmariko:

Again you are Efik not Ejegham. You are acting like the Igbo's you are accusing of "forceful" appropriation of other people's culture.
Nonsense i asked you a question answer it, Who are the Ekoi people? and where are you from?
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
I believe the same guy who has been calling Igbos 'claimers' and 'land grabbers' is all set to claim the Ekoi are Efik/Ibibios. We are all watching. Closely.

9 Likes

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by christopher123(m): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

yes, the dot above the arch represents the northern region, the dots at the left and right represents the southwest and southeast region while the lower dot represents the southsouth region. the Y represents the niger and benue rivers.

You see i am in order..as the origin of nsibidi there is no way i can authoritatively say that its ibo or ibibio thing..it might even be from south cameroon
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by christopher123(m): 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
true2god:

I have told him that...too much dogs aint good u know
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by notobs: 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
christopher123:

You see i am in order..as the origin of nsibidi there is no way i can authoritatively say that its ibo or ibibio thing..it might even be from south cameroon

You are intellectually bankrupt and a dishonest person of the highest order, You can never pervert our cultural heritage. Stop giving your people a bad name, there is so much scholarstic evidence to disprove revisionist history. The truth stands out in the midst of all your lies.
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by Youngbullet09(m): 8:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
Youngbullet09:
hello nairalanders I need ur help and support.
I want study physics in federal university of technology akure (futa) I scored D7 in my weac/neco result but c in other subjects like physics,maths,biology,geography&economics etc, will futa accept D7 in chemistry if I'm applying for physics. or better still can I write biology instead of chemistry in jamb.
I also want to find out the four subjects to register in jamb. Please anyone with idea should please help me.
God bless you all.
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by christopher123(m): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
MissMeiya:
Who are the Culture mods? Can this deranged notobs be banned? This is dementia in progress.

My dear he has made the whole thing a dickk measuring contest and i warned him not to quote me

Now nsibidi is in all the culture if old south eastern region just like the four market days system

The question is not who invented it...we dont have proof but how do we refine it and use it
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by kmariko: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
notobs:

Nonsense i asked you a question answer it, Who are the Ekoi people? and where are you from?

Let me paraphrase FN Asiegwu an Ejegham" there has been a whole some attempt to subsume other groups in "calabar" by the Efik because of military , economic and political might as a result of " right of first" to arrive
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by christopher123(m): 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
notobs:

You are intellectually bankrupt and a dishonest person of the highest order, You can never pervert our cultural heritage. Stop giving your people a bad name, there is so much scholarstic evidence to disprove revisionist history. The truth stands out in the midst of all your lies.

But i told u never quote me again

If u want an intelligent talk relax if u cos me to act...i can give it to u

I just dont want to mess this thread up...otherwise u will get it

Eat nsi be di nne gi
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by cheruv: 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
saaedlee:
My Friend stop decieving yourself, Nsibidi has its heritage from "efikekoi" and not Igbo
better smiley
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by cheruv: 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
notobs:

This is the problem of Igbo people - longer throat! since when did igbos practice Ekpe? Nsibidi is the language of Ekpe. and Ekpe only exist with the Efiks of cross river and ibibios of Akwa Ibom. You can only decieve those who are not in the know.

You cannot steal a people culture no matter how much you try Ekpe and its sacred practice and Unique language Nsibidi has existed for centuries and will outlive this usless revisionist, Igbo people have not yet learnt their lesson on overextending their reach,This was why the civil war was truncated because of the over grab of the igbos!
this is pure unbridled jealousy from mgboko peeps!!the script belongs to the ejagham who called it nsibidi.the Igbos adopted it and called theirs NSIBIRI.
let the guy finish developing the script for Igbo and the Igbo language committee in Enugwu adopts it as a concurrent script to Latin, I'd now see what you'd do.
I don't know why so why some people when they hear anything about Igbos, their ears stand at attention!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by waternogetemeny: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
notobs is not ibibio, efik or from the southeast.

he is yoruba and his other moniker is orlando owoh.

the account was created yesterday on false pretence in preparation to foment trouble with igbos as usual.

kindly ignore the miscreant

7 Likes

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by notobs: 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
christopher123:

But i told u never quote me again

If u want an intelligent talk relax if u cos me to act...i can give it to u

I just dont want to mess this thread up...otherwise u will get it

Eat nsi be di nne gi

Nonsense all because i punch holes in your fraud, thats what cowards like you do, resort to name calling when they are exposed.
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by waternogetemeny: 9:50pm On Nov 18, 2014
In Nigeria today any igbo person will tell u that the ibibios are our brothers anybody trying to foment trouble is doom to fail.

Nsibidi belongs to the ibibio and wat belongs to my brother is also mine as it is our culture.

And the gospel to be ur brothers keepers. Igbos and Ibibios dont fight for anything.
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by notobs: 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
waternogetemeny:
notobs is not ibibio, efik or from the southeast.

he is yoruba and his other moniker is orlando owoh.

the account was created yesterday on false pretence in preparation to foment trouble with igbos as usual.

kindly ignore the miscreant

I created my thread to respond to the fraud that you posted. I have always been an observer of nairaland an never posted on the site before but when i saw your lies on the front page i became a member of Nairaland to burst your fraud, you think you can intimidate me? you cant for i stand for the truth, you are the one to be ignored because you are a purveyor of lies.
Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by OboloMAN: 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

This is why I rarely make threads. iamord encouraged me to try again, but I knew better...

On the plus side, I did learn some new things, and I'm sending interested people information, so the thread wasn't a total loss. In fact, I would actually consider it a relative success.

I just wish there could be a more coordinated effort in the project. As you saw, my last contribution was over 3 years ago. And the guy is still going it alone. But look at us. Look at this thread.

Optimism is a talent.

We are not against the Development Of the Nsibidi, the only issue is how it is been projected as an Igbo ideology.

We applaud the guy doing this project, if he really wants to develop the Nsibidi he should come south and learn from the custodians of the Original undiluted Nsibidi which are currently the Ekpe Societies of the Efiks and Ofiokpo Societies of the Obolos(Andonis).

By so doing we will welcome his project the same way we welcomed english. It is only Myopic to brand the Nsibidi an Igbo Initiative.

1 Like

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by ihedinobi2: 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
Wow! Loving this! I've been thinking along these lines for a bit. I'm coming along for this ride, biko.

1 Like

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
OboloMAN:

We are not against the Development Of the Nsibidi, the only issue is how it is been projected as an Igbo ideology.

We applaud the guy doing this project, if he really wants to develop the Nsibidi he should come south and learn from the custodians of the Original undiluted Nsibidi which are currently the Ekpe Societies of the Efiks and Ofiokpo Societies of the Obolos(Andonis).

By so doing we will welcome his project the same way we welcomed english. It is only Myopic to brand the Nsibidi an Igbo Initiative.

The only person who ever made that claim is the poster who was just exposed as a fraud and a troublemaker. No one, in this ENTIRE THREAD has said that. ONCE. So STOP DERAILING the DAMN THREAD.

Re-read the damn OP. Good grief.

Edit: Don't even say we. It's just you and the other guy. Everyone else can read.

4 Likes

Re: Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script by waternogetemeny: 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
This is how yorubas started with the Presidency of GEJ thinking they were excluding igbos.

They were surprise wen we voted 99% for GEJ and supported him. Today the North is dropping bombs and sahara reporters owned by a yoruba writing crap.

They fail to understand that the ijaws fought for Biafra until the blockade hit hard.

They fail to understand Ijaws look east. They fail to see Ijaws already had strong links with the east

They were blinded by their hate, the same hate driving notabs. I pity u becos, dat u don't control will control and destroy you.

The hate is crippling becos u have no life apart from coming to disturb every thread with ur igbo madness. Pity!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'Police' Masquerade Controlling Traffic In Anambra / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Celebrates Goddess Of Love Osun Without Wife Olori Wuraola / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Wives Celebrate Eid Il Fitri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.