Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,421 members, 7,836,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan (1129 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Examining Lagos's GDP Figures / Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 19, 2014
I plead the attention of the proponents, betrayed and antagonists of our President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. My intention is not to make any case for or against the man but to rather examine the ones that have been associated with him.

I want a justification for labeling him clueless or the best president we have ever had. If there are things the proponents think he has achieved, those things should be named and properly defended and vice versa.

I will go first.

To the proponents of the man, our president, GEJ, why are his achievements?

To his antagonists and betrayed, what are his sins?
Re: Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by bash4us(m): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2014
booked! Let me set up a high powered committee to look into this. grin
Re: Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by urheme: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2014
abeg reconstruct the English,

make it simple or use pidgin English, we go comment wink
Re: Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 19, 2014
urheme:
abeg reconstruct the English,

make it simple or use pidgin English, we go comment wink
I just did some editing. If there is any part you do not understand you can let me know. I am waiting for your response.
Re: Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2014
bash4us:
booked! Let me set up a high powered committee to look into this. grin
I will be grateful.
Re: Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by podosci(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2014
The present Administration is the most corrupt in the history of Nigeria and the President went on Tv to say "Common stealing is overexagerated has corruption"
The present administration is slow to respond to the plummeting oil prices, if the oil prices fall to 11$ per barrel has it did in 1985,,,,The country is doomed....
Security is soo bad that we leave our homes praying to return and in some parts of the country, people dont have homes to return to
6years of GEJs administration and we are still everly reliant on Oil........the man has refused to diversify our economy,,,
The President constant Abuse of power,, unilateral decision to remove the CBN governor, Unilateral decision to remove the security detail of Tambuwal,,,,and unilateral decison to remove the former EFCC boss
And finaly....This man is notnintelligent enough to run a company with jst 170 employees....talk more of a country with 170million people

2 Likes

Re: Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2014
Hey Rey! Longest time. . . .
Re: Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 19, 2014
podosci:

The present Administration is the most corrupt in the history of Nigeria and the President went on Tv to say "Common stealing is overexagerated has corruption".
Let's examine the second part of your sentence linked by the conjunction before coming to the main clause.

Is stealing really corruption or not?

Good and evil are diametrically opposite line that do not meet. A good thing under nature is the natural way the thing appeared and a bad thing under nature is a loss of the integrity of the natural way such a thing appeared.

In stealing, there is a loss of integrity of the organization of the thing or loss of the thing itself. The most significant factor being the loss of form. In essence, it reduces the integrity of anything. When this integrity is lost then such a thing becomes different and such difference could only have been achieved by a loss of value which is indeed corruption. I can even go further but let me pause here.

To the second part of your statement. Do you have proof of the claim? If you do, let's examine them together.
podosci:

The present administration is slow to respond to the plummeting oil prices, if the oil prices fall to 11$ per barrel has it did in 1985,,,,The country is doomed....
But how does it look? Has it fallen or about to and how sure are you?
podosci:

Security is soo bad that we leave our homes praying to return and in some parts of the country, people dont have homes to return to
6years of GEJs administration and we are still everly reliant on Oil........the man has refused to diversify our economy,,,
By 'we' here what do you mean? What percentage of Nigerians fall under this 'we'?
I have been following lately the events in Agriculture and it seems we are moving further in that regard a bit. When you say that he has refused to diversify our economy what exactly do you mean?
podosci:

The President constant Abuse of power,, unilateral decision to remove the CBN governor, Unilateral decision to remove the security detail of Tambuwal,,,,and unilateral decison to remove the former EFCC boss
And finaly....This man is notnintelligent enough to run a company with jst 170 employees....talk more of a country with 170million people
Is it unconstitutional for the president to remove a CBN governor and EFCC chairman? What is the right way it should be done?

As for tambuwal. From what we read it was the I.G who did that except you have an evidence that he did it under the influence of GEJ?

Whatever thing we are going to hold unto here must be factual and not hearsay.
Re: Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 19, 2014
FOLYKAZE:
Hey Rey! Longest time. . . .
FOLYKAZE, how are you doing? I am good. Longest time. Do you have anything for me?
Re: Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:53am On Nov 19, 2014
Reyginus:
FOLYKAZE, how are you doing? I am good. Longest time. Do you have anything for me?

I dont do politics. Know very little about it. . . . .

Just here to read one or two things that can keep me busy. Religion section has been infected with irrationality. . . . .so man is making his day here.

Will call on you when I have something for you. . . .I missed Sango the electric energy debate. I wish I can revive it
Re: Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

I dont do politics. Know very little about it. . . . .

Just here to read one or two things that can keep me busy. Religion section has been infected with irrationality. . . . .so man is making his day here.

Will call on you when I have something for you. . . .I missed Sango the electric energy debate. I wish I can revive it
After the crash I lost interest in pursuing any debate at all. It was so annoying.

The idea of going back to repeat the very argument from where we were cut appeared to me a waste of precious time.

You should reconsider and start following not just the politics of this country but also world politics. I try to be versatile.
Re: Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by podosci(m): 9:01am On Nov 20, 2014
1)Did you just validate Gej.....by using lots of grammer to hinder communication?....are u sayn Alison madueke Stealing $20bn, stella odua stealing $250million, and lots of other grave crimes against against the future of this country is legitimate has long has the integrity of the organization is upheld, i am utterly bamboozled by your comment.......very shocking

2)the dollar rose from #170 to #180 within a week.....this can be attributed to the falling oil prices as a result of discovery alternate energy sources like shale,,, and the worlds drive towards a green revolution. crude oil is now less than 100$ per barrel and its its falling fast........the bulk of our revenue is from crude oil,,,and our budget benchmark is 100$ per barrel,,,,if the oil prices plummets to $11, the country would have to borrow to compliment the budget,,,,,,,,that would be detrimental to the future of the country and the future generations,,,being in debt before they were even born.. If our major source of revenue becomes unmarketable or unprofitable,,,,,the naira would fall and become has useless has the Zimbabwean dollar

Your Grammatical construction professes someone with a high level of intellect but your statements are shocking......The President needs 2/3 majority vote of the senate to remove the CBN governor., and he also needs that amount of vote to appoint the CBN governor .......If thats not in place then the president can hire and fire anybody based on his disgression, imagine if the presidents goes to meet the CBN governor to print him some money and he refuses,,,,without the senate the president can fire him and hire some1 who would help him embezzle. In normal civilized countries,,,The president is not God or king or Cesar, he his answerable to the senate and needs the senate to taking any decision. its only in special circumstances like war that gives the president absolute authority
Is it possible for the I.G of police to act without the approval of the President?.....Lets say its even possible.......why has the I.G of police not been fired or called to other for harrasing the no.4 citizen in the country.

Nigeria is a messed up countey where anything goes.....We elect thugs, idiots and Ilitrates who dont even know what their functions has senators are.......we are currently in a state of abyss and we would continue down this path if there is no change.

Concerning security i am shocked at your lack of empathy for other people than urself........i dont know where you live but for the rest of us living in Nigeria,,,we have been victims of insurgency or armed robbers or even harrasment from police and soldiers,,,,,,,i know people who have died from bomblast in Abuja, i know people who have died from bomblast in Niger state, i know people who have died from bomblast in Maiduguri,,,,,i know people who have died from armed robbery attacks......i know a friend whose brother died in Maiduguri hhas a result of a soldier opening fire on the taxi he was in because of misunderatanding with the driver.....we i drive around Abj,,,,am always in fear of the unknown,,,, when, where would a bomb go off AGAIN....
Re: Examining The Good And Evil Of Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 02, 2014
Sorry for responding to this late. You should try to quote me in your subsequent comments so I can see and respond to them quickly.
podosci:

1)Did you just validate Gej.....by using lots
of grammer to hinder communication?....are
u sayn Alison madueke Stealing $20bn,
stella odua stealing $250million, and lots of
other grave crimes against against the
future of this country is legitimate has long
has the integrity of the organization is
upheld, i am utterly bamboozled by your
comment.......very shocking!
I didn't try to validate anything. You didn't really get my explanation pertaining to his assertion that stealing is not corruption. I refuted his claim. Let me rephrase for better understanding.

A thing is said to be good if it agrees with its properties. An action is good not because of itself but because in practice its properties have come to agree with the implication. Good like the truth happens to a thing and not inherent in it.

Corruption is the loss of integrity of anything. Once anything does not agree with its original properties such a thing is said to be corrupted. Corruption too is not an inherent property of anything but happens to it. In essence, when people steal, the integrity of what is being stolen is tampered with and corruption happens to it.

Stealing is corruption. GEJ failed in explaining it. Let us examine the other claims in your comment.

First of all, you have to show me proof, or rather, prove to me that Alison Madueke stole 20billion naira and that Stella Odua stole 250million dollars. Like I told you in my previous response whatever you are going to present as argument must first be a fact before we then assess how the problem is with GEJ. Let me ask you a question as you put the facts in.

podosci:

2)the dollar rose from #170 to #180 within
a week.....this can be attributed to the
falling oil prices as a result of discovery
alternate energy sources like shale,,, and
the worlds drive towards a green
revolution. crude oil is now less than 100$
per barrel and its its falling fast........the
bulk of our revenue is from crude oil,,,and
our budget benchmark is 100$ per
barrel,,,,if the oil prices plummets to $11,
the country would have to borrow to
compliment the budget,,,,,,,,that would be
detrimental to the future of the country
and the future generations,,,being in debt
before they were even born.. If our major
source of revenue becomes unmarketable
or unprofitable,,,,,the naira would fall and
become has useless has the Zimbabwean
dollar
Your Grammatical construction professes
someone with a high level of intellect but
your statements are shocking......
I am yet to make any statement of my own. What I have done so far is assess your reason for terming the dude in the light you have already.

Crude oil is now less than hundread dollars per barrel, it is true. The Naira is now 183 to 1 dollar, it is also true. The naira will become useless if such a trend continues, that too is true. And the big assertion: 'we have to blame GEJ for not diversifying the economy'. This I would like be convinced how.

From the little I have read on what is happening in this country there has been a growth in output in the Agricultural Sector. The minister, through the backing of the Federal Government, has done a lot towards enhancing farmers welfare and farm produce. A certain 400billion, if I am correct, was invested into the sector some weeks back and there is also a policy in place to attract and encourage the automobile industry in the country.

Maybe these are not what you mean by diversifying the economy. But the essence of my examination above remains that whatever position a person is in currently he should examine his past as it, not necessarily his present, placed him in such a low position in the present scheme of things. If he is not making any step to change no matter how slow then he has got some issues to deal with as the present rot becomes worse and the future bleed.

The question now is, is he diversifying, no matter how little, or is he not?

podosci:

The
President needs 2/3 majority vote of the
senate to remove the CBN governor., and
he also needs that amount of vote to
appoint the CBN governor .......If thats not
in place then the president can hire and
fire anybody based on his disgression,
imagine if the presidents goes to meet the
CBN governor to print him some money and
he refuses,,,,without the senate the
president can fire him and hire some1 who
would help him embezzle. In normal
civilized countries,,,The president is not
God or king or Cesar, he his answerable to
the senate and needs the senate to taking
any decision. its only in special
circumstances like war that gives the
president absolute authority
Come to think of it, did He(GEJ) really remove the CBN governor or suspended him and allow him reach retirement? I don't know if you get the strategy employed there.

An evil strategy that doesn't break your rule but rather bends it to allow mischief pass. If you are to follow the rules established then he was not wrong as he didn't remove him but suspended him. You can throw more light on this.

This is the reason I do not always believe that laws made by some men tagged lawmakers are always good or bad. A law may support a bad thing. Legally he did no wrong, except I didn't get the full picture.

podosci:

Is it possible for the I.G of police to act
without the approval of the
President?.....Lets say its even
possible.......why has the I.G of police not
been fired or called to other for harrasing
the no.4 citizen in the country.
Nigeria is a messed up countey where
anything goes.....We elect thugs, idiots and
Ilitrates who dont even know what their
functions has senators are.......we are
currently in a state of abyss and we would
continue down this path if there is no
change.
Let me deal with the possibility since you already attune to it. You will be going against the ideal leadership you claimed is lacking in GEJ's government if you go ahead to fire him(IG). On one side you seem to want good leadership but on this side you are contradicting with undue process.

How do you go ahead and fire the I.G of Police when any investigation is yet to be made pertaining the matter? Is that due process expected of a good leader?

Second, how do you know the he has not being called to order? This call to order should it be a public display or personal between him and whoever placed him there?

Third, why should he be called to order if what he thinks he is doing is just? Or would you like us to examining this thought?

podosci:

Concerning security i am shocked at your
lack of empathy for other people than
urself........i dont know where you live but
for the rest of us living in Nigeria,,,we have
been victims of insurgency or armed
robbers or even harrasment from police
and soldiers,,,,,,,i know people who have
died from bomblast in Abuja, i know people
who have died from bomblast in Niger
state, i know people who have died from
bomblast in Maiduguri,,,,,i know people
who have died from armed robbery
attacks......i know a friend whose brother
died in Maiduguri hhas a result of a soldier
opening fire on the taxi he was in because
of misunderatanding with the driver.....we i
drive around Abj,,,,am always in fear of the
unknown,,,, when, where would a bomb go
off AGAIN....
To be frank with you, I hate generalizations. They are never true for the intended but go ahead to distort the truth. To be frank with you again, I hate to appeal to emotional blackmail, like you are doing now, to make the other party look insensitive.

You made a wrong generalization plied on emotions and I questioned the reality on ground and you still bringing more. All my life, in this country, I have been harassed by the military and police in one way or the other but I wouldn't go ahead and say everybody is dying in this country in the hands of insurgents and no where is safe. That is too irrational and annoying.

It is the kind of ill-founded and preposterous reports carried in some foreign media like BBC that makes me pity even the psychology of their western listeners. How can a human being subject another human to such lies and expect a better propagation of his victims existence? That is wicked!

(1) (Reply)

Why Earl Okezie Is Not A Politician / "OSIBANJONOMICS" A New Word Created By Hon Patrick Obahiagbon / Answer To Gej`s Question; How Buhari Spent His Defence Budget.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.