Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Magun: Real Or Myth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Magun: Real Or Myth? (1869 Views)

Akudaya:myth Or Reality? / Black Jews: Reality Or Myth? / Is Life Real, Or Just A Dream? What If This World Is Just An Illusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magun: Real Or Myth? by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 19, 2014
Magun is a Yoruba term which literally means “Do not climb” or “Do not touch.” It is an invisible sign that says, “Do not have sexual relations with this person.” Yoruba believe that the man who has sexual intercourse with a woman under the influence of magun could suffer various afflictions ranging from headache, seizures to possibly death.

I'm not Yoruba and I learned about this "phenomenon" only recently. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before, or believe it happens...

Anyone?
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by oluwalfa: 9:12am On Nov 19, 2014
Put magun on your daughter and present her to me.
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 19, 2014
oluwalfa:
Put magun on your daughter and present her to me.
Hahaha! grin well, that says it all!

Any magun believers please...let's talk.
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by SirHouloo(m): 9:21am On Nov 19, 2014
Try am, I 'll help write the story on shasha nairaland thread.
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by kelechiMarie(f): 9:28am On Nov 19, 2014
My mum told me one story about a man and woman who got stuck on each other in one hotel around marina,the hotel staff were unable to separate them and they eventually called the woman's husband and he was able to separate them cheesy
So maybe it does happen
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by oluwalfa: 9:35am On Nov 19, 2014
kelechiMarie:
My mum told me one story about a man and woman who got stuck on each other in one hotel around marina,the hotel staff were unable to separate them and they eventually called the woman's husband and he was able to separate them cheesy
So maybe it does happen

your mum got gists.

1 Like

Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by venivedivici(m): 9:37am On Nov 19, 2014
I don't believe in such, but sadly, I'm an African and try as much as I can to dispel such tales as hogwash, 'overwhelming' evidence seems to point to the contrary.
Now I haven't seen for myself, but I've heard 'eyewitness' accounts of such happening. There have been publicised cases in the media too, such as the one that happened in police barracks, Nyanya, Abuja, a number of years back, where a superior officer was yanshing the wife of a junior officer and got glued to the woman. They had to be literally wheeled to the hospital on a wheelbarrow. This is one of a myriad of cases I've come across, but probably the most publicised.
I think it has different variations, but apparently the Yoruba version is the most potent, since it is native to Yorubaland(?), i.e the one where the parties glue to each other. There is also another variation where the man begins to somersault nonstop immediately after insertion , though I don't know what culture that is.
In as much as I still see it as speculative though, I wonder wetin go make person go dey yansh another person wife.
My two kobo.

1 Like

Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by Tallesty1(m): 9:38am On Nov 19, 2014
Just peeping

Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by kelechiMarie(f): 9:57am On Nov 19, 2014
oluwalfa:

your mum got gists.
grin Abi now
it happened a long time ago sha in d 90's and both were naked outside
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by MizMyColi(f): 10:01am On Nov 19, 2014
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by AfricanApple(f): 10:10am On Nov 19, 2014
na wa o grin
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by BreezyRita(f): 11:24am On Nov 19, 2014
Well, I feel its true.... I mean, people getting stuck Even though there's a scientific explanation, it has to be true.....
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by Weah96: 11:40am On Nov 19, 2014
kelechiMarie:
So maybe it does happen

Dang, the guy must have been packing for him to get stuck in the box of a grown woman.
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by kelechiMarie(f): 11:45am On Nov 19, 2014
Weah96:

Dang, the guy must have been packing for him to get stuck in the box of a grown woman.

cheesy
Weah96:

Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2014
Weah96:

Or he dug a little too deep. Probably burst her stomach walls.
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by Weah96: 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
musKeeto:

Or he dug a little too deep. Probably burst her stomach walls.

Stomach? Or BRAIN? Hahaha. I'm sure this guy reached brain oh, through the lower abdomen and up through the esophagus.
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by waldigit: 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
xcapizt:
Magun is a Yoruba term which literally means “Do not climb” or “Do not touch.” It is an invisible sign that says, “Do not have sexual relations with this person.” Yoruba believe that the man who has sexual intercourse with a woman under the influence of magun could suffer various afflictions ranging from headache, seizures to possibly death.

I'm not Yoruba and I learned about this "phenomenon" only recently. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before, or believe it happens...

Anyone?

The way you guys talk suggests to me that you are a bit young. Well let me advise you as I was advised by a Prof of biochemistry when I was serving many years back. If you think life is all secular, you may running a great risk of life. If you think every thing around you that does not have scientific explanation does not exist that's another great risk you are taking.
Educational illiteracy is a disease but spiritual illiteracy is a disaster !!!
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by alienvirus: 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Mythical fact.
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
waldigit:

The way you guys talk suggests to me that you are a bit young. Well let me advise you as I was advised by a Prof of biochemistry when I was serving many years back. If you think life is all secular, you may running a great risk of life. If you think every thing around you that does not have scientific explanation does not exist that's another great risk you are taking.
Educational illiteracy is a disease but spiritual illiteracy is a disaster !!!
Sir, I see your point and that is exactly why I opened this thread, if things like magun are real and a commonplace occurrence then we need to know so that we can rethink our earlier skepticism. Isn't that a smart move?
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by waldigit: 8:13am On Nov 20, 2014
xcapizt:

Sir, I see your point and that is exactly why I opened this thread, if things like magun are real and a commonplace occurrence then we need to know so that we can rethink our earlier skepticism. Isn't that a smart move?

Definitely, it is a smart one, good for personal development with eternal consequence as well as for National Development
Re: Magun: Real Or Myth? by Standing5(m): 9:45pm On Jan 16, 2016
Magun is real. For me it validates biblical fact about sin being the cause of fall. If not, why can't any man apply it to just any lady but legally married wife?

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Stops A Tornado In The Philippines. / Religious People Are Driven By Fear / US Clerk Refuses To Wed Gay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.