Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,535 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

You Must Keep The Law! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Must Keep The Law! (11611 Views)

Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. / Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 11:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
is the Law about sacrifices of fat rams and choice bulls?
or is it about the keeping of holy feast days or offerings or tithes or firstfruits? Are these the emphasis of the Law?

Isaiah 1:11-14
11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them

Clearly, we can see that the Law is not about a fastidious observance of holy feasts or sabbaths, neither is about the sacrifice of multitudes of fed beasts.

No chain holds fast as the shackles of ignorance.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Kingdompartaker: 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2014
Daniel 9: 9 - 11 (kjv)

9:To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;

10: Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.

11: Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

Sir, the question is this:

1: DO YOU KEEP THE WHOLE LAW
2: DOES YOUR JUSTIFICATION COMES FROM THE LAW

1 Like

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 05, 2014
Kingdompartaker:

9:To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;

10: Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.

11: Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

No one is justified by keeping the law...The righteousness of Christ justify those who believe in him...

Galatians 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 50:8

He who vindicates me is near. Who then will bring charges against me? Let us face each other! Who is my accuser? Let him confront me!

Isaiah 42:6

"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles.

1 Like

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
doubleDx:

No one is justified by keeping the law...The righteousness of Christ justify those who believe in him...

Galatians 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 50:8

He who vindicates me is near. Who then will bring charges against me? Let us face each other! Who is my accuser? Let him confront me!

Isaiah 42:6

"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles.

Double baba, you need to understand Paul's perspectives when he says no man will be justified by the law, Paul's context was of Israel's self righteousness in the face of the evil they were committing. They corrupted the very essence of the law, Israel gloried in self righteousness, rather than in the circumcision of the heart which was/is the whole motive of the law.

Paul was saying Israel's self-righteousness in the law; we are children of Abraham, we were first given the law, etc., are not the things that justify, but the circumcision of the heart, which is the whole essence of the law.

1 Like

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2014
Kingdompartaker:

The whole Word is the law. You must keep all of it. The question you should ask is what is the law?

The second question is one of context. Justification does not come in self glorification and self righteousness in the law, but a heartfelt conversion born out of the circumcision of the heart. This is what Moses told Israel in Deuteronomy.

1 Like

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
MrPresident1:

Double baba, you need to understand Paul's perspectives when he says no man will be justified by the law, Paul's context was of Israel's self righteousness in the face of the evil they were committing. They corrupted the very essence of the law, Israel gloried in self righteousness, rather than in the circumcision of the heart which was/is the whole motive of the law.

Paul was saying Israel's self-righteousness in the law; we are children of Abraham, we were first given the law, etc., are not the things that justify, but the circumcision of the heart, which is the whole essence of the law.

I get your point now!

1 Like

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2014
The Law is not about burnt offerings or sacrifices. God Himself said He did not speak of burnt offerings or sacrifices when He called Israel out of Egypt.

Jeremiah 7:22-23
22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you

The Law is OBEY MY VOICE.

OBEY MY VOICE

What is GOD saying, what is His voice telling us?

Psalms 40:6-7
6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
The whole of the Bible is the Law. The Bible is the voice of God, the voice of God is speaking the word of God.

WHO IS THE WORD OF GOD?
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2014
when Jesus Christ comes back, the laws will be written in our hearts, so if the coming of Jesus Christ will write the law in our heart, the question is

WHEN DID THE LAW OF GOD GIVEN TO MOSES BECOME EVIL THAT WE COULD NO LONGER KEEP THEM? WHO THOUGHT US THAT THE LAWS CANNOT BE KEPT? WHO SOWED THIS EVIL DOCTRINE? WHO ARE THE ENFORCERS OF THIS EVIL DOCTRINE?

Hebrews 10:16-17
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more

The law will be put in our hearts eventually, it will become our operating software eventually, WHEN DID IT BECOME EVIL?
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Goshen360(m): 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
You must keep the Law? grin grin grin Under a new covenant? smh literately
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
Moses told Israel in Deuteronomy to circumcise the foreskins of their heart, that is what the Law does, it circumcises the foreskins of our heart;

Deuteronomy 10:16
16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

And Paul reiterates in Romans;

Romans 2:28
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 2:05pm On Dec 05, 2014
Goshen360:

1 Corinthians 7:19
Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

The whole Bible is the Law.

Hebrews 10:7
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

You are either afraid of the Law, or ignorant of it. In the volume of the book is the will of THE MOST HIGH GOD.

2 Likes

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Goshen360(m): 2:15pm On Dec 05, 2014
MrPresident1:

Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

You are either afraid of the Law, or ignorant of it. In the volume of the book is the will of THE MOST HIGH GOD.

God never intended man to live by the Law but by His Spirit. No one knows the mind of God except by His Spirit, 1 Corinthians 2:11 and His Spirit had revealed the mind of God to us, 1 Corinthians 2:10. Get your word knowledge straight, God never intended the Law for man but by His Spirit.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MostHigh: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
Goshen360:

2nd Tim 3:16

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

But No O..... Goshen knows more than all the law and prophets combined bar paul his champion. grin

Lawlesness has its rewards for sure. wink
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MostHigh: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
MrPresident1:
Every part of it.

If you fail in just one of it ehn, na hellfire straight angry

So you must keep the whole law, and statutes and judgements and commandments of The Most High God.

Say on prophet of the most High God. smiley

1 Like

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by JesusisLord85: 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2014
MrPresident1:
Every part of it.

If you fail in just one of it ehn, na hellfire straight angry

So you must keep the whole law, and statutes and judgements and commandments of The Most High God.

Thou speakest well my brother..Long time..It is well

1 Like

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by JesusisLord85: 9:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
MrPresident1:

Chai! I feel like dancing like our father David danced, when thou speakest truth to the confused christians...

2 Likes

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by JesusisLord85: 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
Goshen360:

God never intended man to live by the Law but by His Spirit. No one knows the mind of God except by His Spirit, 1 Corinthians 2:11 and His Spirit had revealed the mind of God to us, 1 Corinthians 2:10. Get your word knowledge straight, God never intended the Law for man but by His Spirit.

Lol confused Christian.

The oyinbo man took the bible from the true Israelites, fashioned it to suit his own strange customs, and re-exported it to you, and you bought into the manufactured product called 'christianity'.

Things Fall Apart.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Thou speakest well my brother..Long time..It is well
U disappeared Bro, where U been? cheesy

So good to have you around cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
MostHigh:

Say on prophet of the most High God. smiley

Uncle MoooostHighhhhhhhh!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Welcome back Biggest Brossss!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
Goshen360:

John 3:34
34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him

1 Corinthians 2:12-13
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

John 6:63
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

From John, we see that the word of God, IS THE SPIRIT OF GOD
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2014
What is the Law?
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MostHigh: 10:39pm On Dec 05, 2014
MrPresident1:

Uncle MoooostHighhhhhhhh!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Welcome back Biggest Brossss!!!! cheesy cheesy

El presidente I never left the building. smiley

My brother in the way.

Greetings.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 10:43pm On Dec 05, 2014
MostHigh:

El presidente I never left the building. smiley

My brother in the way.

Greetings.

Greetings sir. Its so good to have you here cheesy
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MostHigh: 10:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
JesusisLord85:
[/b]

Lol confused Christian.

The oyinbo man took the bible from the true Israelites, fashioned it to suit his own strange customs, and re-exported it to you, and you bought into the manufactured product called 'christianity'.

Things Fall Apart.

I See Isrealities in the future kingdom the whole book testifies to this.

These false teachers preach of a different way.

In our patience we are to possess our souls.

Time will tell. Blessings brother smiley

1 Like

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MostHigh: 10:47pm On Dec 05, 2014
MrPresident1:

Greetings sir. Its so good to have you here cheesy

The spirit is strong Sire, we give thanks to the most high.

The separation of the wheat from the tares continues up until the final trump.

Peace love and joy blessed brother. smiley
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by JesusisLord85: 10:53pm On Dec 05, 2014
MrPresident1:

U disappeared Bro, where U been? cheesy

So good to have you around cheesy cheesy

Have been on a mini hiatus from this internet..
Back and looking forward to slaying falsehood with the word of truth smiley
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 10:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
Jeremiah 7:22-23
22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

John 3:34
34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him

The voice of God speaks the Word of God. The Word of God is the Spirit of God. The Word of God is the Bible. The Spirit of God is the Bible.
The only Law that God gave to Israel, through Moses, when she left Egypt was 'Obey my voice'

The voice of God tells us the will of God;

JESUS CHRIST IS THE LAW OF MOSES

2 Likes

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Kingdompartaker: 12:13pm On Dec 08, 2014
THE WORD OF GOD is very clear on the issue of (LAW OF MOSES)
To say JESUS IS THE LAW OF MOSES point to one thing, substituting JESUS CHRIST from the MINISTRY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS that HE accomplished through is BLOOD (ROM 3 VS 21-26) that we the Gentiles have access to through HIM.

THE LAW WAS GIVEN THROUGH MOSES, (JOHN 1 VS 17), This Law was Written and Engraved on Stone, and The Book of Ordinances.
BUT GRACE AND TRUTH CAME BY JESUS CHRIST, so from this it is clear that LAW IS NOT OF FAITH (GAL 3 VS 12)

(ROM 5 VS 20) MOREOVER THE LAW ENTERED THAT THE OFFENSE MIGHT ABOUND. BUT WHERE SIN ABOUNDED, GRACE ABOUNDED MUCH MORE.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2014
Kingdompartaker:
To say JESUS IS THE LAW OF MOSES point to one thing, substituting JESUS CHRIST from the MINISTRY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS that HE accomplished through is BLOOD (ROM 3 VS 21-26) that we the Gentiles have access to through HIM.

THE LAW WAS GIVEN THROUGH MOSES, (JOHN 1 VS 17), This Law was Written and Engraved on Stone, and The Book of Ordinances.
BUT GRACE AND TRUTH CAME BY JESUS CHRIST, so from this it is clear that LAW IS NOT OF FAITH (GAL 3 VS 12)

(ROM 5 VS 20) MOREOVER THE LAW ENTERED THAT THE OFFENSE MIGHT ABOUND. BUT WHERE SIN ABOUNDED, GRACE ABOUNDED MUCH MORE.

You quote the things you have absolutely no idea about. You need a composite picture of the scriptures, precepts upon precepts. The only Law that was given was 'obey my voice', circumcise your hearts and be no more stiffnecked.

Stop looking into the thou shalts nots, those are not the Law. Once the heart is circumcised there is no more more need for the thou shalt nots. See the big picture.

You must be willing to rid your mind of the toxic teaching of the religion called christianity.

1 Like

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Kingdompartaker: 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
Thank you sir, my believe and understanding is that we learn everyday, i mentioned that earlier on.
it is very true that The Lord want our 'HEART CIRCUMCISE" AND PUT IS LAW IN OUR HEART. as it written in (JER 31 VS 31-34)

But there is a contention, from your statement you said JESUS IS THE LAW OF MOSES. pls sir, kindly explain further on this statement and provide the Bible verse where it is written in the Word of God. thank you sir
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
Kingdompartaker:

You're still saying the same thing with el presidente. Different approach but one and the same!

1 Corinthians 10:4

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two GB Members Of Jehovah Witnesses Resigns Over Gay Scandal / My Pentecostal Experience / This Thread Will Shake The Foundations Of Your Beliefs(Pictures Included))

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.