Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

What Folks Are Saying On Facebook About What Transpired Today At Nass. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Folks Are Saying On Facebook About What Transpired Today At Nass. (856 Views)

Christians Guard Muslim As They Prayed At NASS / Brass LGA Now Trending In Twitter: See What People Are Saying (snapshot) / Naira Rain At NASS As Senators Collect N23.4m Each- The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Folks Are Saying On Facebook About What Transpired Today At Nass. by benardtotti(m): 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
it was a shameful site today, and am glad people of all tribes are condemning it, pls see for yourselves.

Gen El-Tchimx updated his status.
15 hrs · Edited ·
I Think APC Leadership should wait till february 2015...if they really think they can cause an upset.
Trying to make Nigeria Ungovernable-in any form is tantamount to being rebellious- they should allow us decide who governs us by our votes.
Why not tell the APC Governors-the supposed Chief Security Officers of the various affected states to tame the BH insurgency in their state(s)..?
The protest this morning in Abuja, in whatever form- is uncalled for and totally unneccessary. They are gradually loosing sentiments...
-qed
LikeLike · · Share
Gen El-Tchimx and 4 others like this.

Abayo Ogunwale Uche, the governors do not control the police nor the army, the C-in-C does. The TAN have been going about disturbing the whole nation, with money stolen or misdirected from our coffers, and the APC's march is in order, and fully backed by law. Please do not sell that rebellious argument, it won't fly. Infact, we all should rebel against this evil government. The kidnapped girls would want us to rebel. The boys bombed and kidnapped from schools in the Northeast would wish we rebelled. For heaven's sake, our kids will look back on this period and ask why more of us did not rebel. The APC is opposing using legal means, you and I could find or fund other types of 'oppositions'.
14 hrs · Like · 8

Somi Omowo Aby on point!
11 hrs · Like · 1

Abayomi Ajayi The Governors have huge security votes which they don't account for. I think Dr. Uche is right in saying the Governors have some liabilities. And of course we know that the current agitators in APC were just a little while ago active participants in PDP. This insecurity problems have been on for a while and escalating, therefore it is hypocritical for many of them to politicize a problem jointly caused by them when they were together. In fact I think it is evil for anybody to politicize the kidnapping and killing of young Nigerians,either APC of PDP. May God help us all. Just my 50kobo.
11 hrs · Like · 2

Abayo Ogunwale The states are under states of emergencies. The buck therefore ends on the table of the C-in-C. And I really don't understand this politicizing kidnappings etc that you are saying. Are we to absolve the president of his sworn duties? A man who goes campaigning a day after 200 girls are kidnapped, and buses bombed. Are we to complain about the security challenges without asking for accountability from the person who swore an oath to protect our lives?
11 hrs · Edited · Like · 2

Abayomi Ajayi States of emergencies that were vehemently opposed and still being opposed by APC reps in the house. Nobody is absolving the President of anything. The buck stops at his table of course, but his intentions can be frustrated by his opponents as is being done. Incidentally, every candidate is campaigning, even the directly affected governors. Why should he be exempt? You don't understand the politicizing? I see it and I am shocked. Shocked to hear people say, you will die if Jonathan is voted back in. Coat it anyway, it is not right from where I am standing. At this point in time we should all come together to fight insecurity challenges not use them as a platform for campaigns. People are dying. That should not be politicised.
11 hrs · Like · 2

Abayomi Ajayi By the way, I don't in ANY WAY support Jonathan. He has seriously underperformed. But truth must be told .
11 hrs · Like · 1

Abayo Ogunwale Well, the President has been campaigning for months now. Illegally too. Through the TAN. And after one whole year of declaring states of emergencies, the situations in those state shave remained bad,because the army is seriously underfunded, even though this government claims to have spent trillions.

Abayomi Ajayi Do you know that when Obasanjo declared states of emergencies in 2004 and 2006, he removed democratically elected governors then? Jonathan did not/has not do/done that. To me, it is a serious indictment on those governors. Do you know that security votes for those governors have significantly increased? What have they done with the monies? They share joint liabilities o, my brother. And if, God forbid, they are deliberately escalating the issues just to discredit PDP, then they are worse than evil. As Dr.Uche said, they should wait for the polls.
10 hrs · Edited · Like · 2

Abayo Ogunwale What Obasanjo did was Illegal. Let us stop bringing that up. That was illegal, and impeacheable, Jonathan does not have any right to remove Governors.
11 hrs · Like · 2

Abayo Ogunwale You seem to be implying that the Governors are indirectly causing mayhem in their own domains to discredit Jonathan. Does that make any sense to you? Let us stop parroting the propaganda of the PDP and examine the facts. Is Sherriff in the APC? Is Ndume in the APC? Will you burn your own house to discredit anyone? Why would you begin to entertain such atrocious lies? Why can't the President for once take responsibilities for his own failings. Must we begin to blame the opposition for everything? Was it the opposition that removed oil subsidy? Was it the opposition that divided the NGF? Was it the opposition that told the President to go and dance Skelewu in Kano when the ashes of the Nyanya bomb blast was still warm? Or deny for 19 days that the girls were even kidnapped. Was it the opposition that changed #bringbackourgirls to #bringbackjonathan? You don't have to like the APC, but they are at least opposing this directionless government. What are you and I doing? We seem to know how and where the opposition is failing, yet we have all been sitting idle, complaining for the last 16 years while the PDP turns this country to Somalia. I don't know about you o, but I am tired of the status quo. If you do not like the APC, then you better support any of the other opposition parties, except of course your mind is already made up to support the PDP. In that case, I pray you re evaluate your position.

Abayomi Ajayi Politics always agitate people which is why I try to stay away. My point is that the 'opposition ' should not use an issue involving the deaths of innocent people as a platform for campaign. Of course it does not make sense to me that Governors in the states are indirectly causing mayhem in order to discredit Jonathan. Just as it does not make sense that Jonathan is causing mayhem in those states himself in order to do what I don't know? This is a kite that has been flown by APC as well. My take is if your people like you so much that majority voted you in to govern them, then you should be able to talk to them and let them see that it is their homes they are destroying. Don't quickly forget Niger Delta. It could have been politicised but it was put down. Why is Boko Haram getting out of hand? Why can't we all come together instead of APC leading a march to Abuja? And you said we should not mention Obasanjo. Why? He owned the situation then as far as I am concerned. He took total responsibility. Jonathan has not. And you think I support PDP
10 hrs · Edited · Like · 1

Abayomi Ajayi I don't support PDP. What I support is us jointly owning a situation, not politicising it
10 hrs · Like · 1

Gen El-Tchimx These Abayomis on my wall...well,you have both brought to fore what should be known....
9 hrs · Like

J Olee Akeju Tinubu, onu, oyegun, buhari, fashola I guess were all former PDP members who helped to come up with the cliche that common stealing is not corruption. Have we considered the nature of the insurgents that we are facing in the northeast? They do not have the same level of training that our armed forces are meant to have and majority of them go around barefoot and in long overflowing garments. Their movement is largely done in convoys by day or night using hillux trucks, cars and bikes.. they move at the speed of light and avoid detection by any military machinery. I still wonder where they get their arms and petrol from since the zone is supposed to be under a state of emergency. Our soldiers get ambushed pretty often and easily and from time to time tactically manoeuvre into neighbouring Cameroon. The 3 zones caught in this conflict were won hands down by Buhari in 2011; why would the opposition forment trouble in a zone they are nearly assured of winning landslide in the coming election? Do we really need a state of emergency to rout these mentally deranged gun wielding lot? Why would the opposition with resources that pales in comparison to what GEJ sits upon be wasting their time funding lunatics? Who does the failure of elections in the northeast favor in the long run? Buhari? Let us stop talking from both angles of our mouths saying Jonathan is a failure and then finding holes to discredit the opposition. If you are really concerned about the state of the nation, you will canvas for an urgent and radical change irrespective of your reservations about the opposition. The opposition didn't put a gun to Chris olukolade's head when he boasted that shekau was dead and all others were imposters; I guess we'd soon accuse the APC of cloning.
7 hrs · Like · 3

Emeka Francis Okonji @ Tchimx, I wonder how TB Joshua name came into your analogy. However if you had been watching Emmanuel Tv you would have known that all that is happening now He already said it at the beginning of the year.
7 hrs · Like · 1

J Olee Akeju Left to Jonathan, mentioning Chibok is politicizing the situation. Were girls truly kidnapped? He confirmed it at his media chat. Do the government know where they are? His security guys repeatedly told the media that they do but were being cautious not to endanger their lives in an attempted recovery? Have they recovered them? No... They are perhaps gone like the girls taken from that federal government college in Yobe. Do I want to hear someone assure me that whatever was lost will be recovered if voted in in 2015? Absolutely... How is that politicizing the situation? These are basic questions that ought to be asked of any candidate. Questions on foreign policy, healthcare, economy and of course internal security. You should not continue to implicate the opposition and in the same breath say you do not support Jonathan. There is no middle ground here.
7 hrs · Like · 1

J Olee Akeju Like the collapse of his building abi?
7 hrs · Like · 1

Emeka Francis Okonji @ Akeju, from your response I can understand you do not watch Emmaueltv and hence have no clue of what is happening at SCOAN. So I will reserve my coments
6 hrs · Like · 1

Somi Omowo Look, whether something was prophesied or not is irrelevant to the discussion. The question is simple: has the government in power taken responsibility for all that is happening and like Truman maintained that the buck stops at the President's table? Do we want this rubbish to keep happening or will we do something about it? Will we vote with our senses or will we vote based on fear and 'Christian' or southern tendencies and years down the track begin misyarning about Jona all over again? The opposition is not the best but so far they've gotten visinle results. Lets stop all the grandstanding and wait for February to come so we can vote. I don't agree with the opposition and everything they do but I am certainly against PDP coming in again. I rest my case
6 hrs · Like · 1

Abayomi Ajayi Talking from two angles by advocating that instead of passing blame, we should come together to stop needless deaths? While we prove our intelligence on social media and criticise Jonathan(the fad nowadays), innocent people get caught again and again in the cross fire. I am frankly tired of that. And this corruption theme has been beaten to death. Who amongst them is not corrupt? Who amongst us is not? If you drive against the traffic, you are corrupt, if you cheat on your wife or on your employer, you are corrupt. Or is it only corruption when it is done by another person? In fact APC is shameless for taking that route. So Tinubu can actually sit in an assembly where corruption is being criticised? I can choose a middle ground, because there is one. And it is that lives should not be politicised. It is callous to accuse Jonathan of not doing enough to end insurgency, then to oppose complete military take over in the States in the name of 'nothing has been achieved'. We KNOW that APC is afraid if those States are taken over, they will lose substantial votes. So, they prefer that people die instead, so as to show that Jonathan is not functioning. Finally, I apologise for exercising my fundamental human rights by daring to accuse APC and by extension everybody's beloved candidate, Buhari of any wrong doings. It seems to be a crime nowadays.
6 hrs · Like · 1

J Olee Akeju I do not drive against traffic and do not cheat on my wife. That said, even a drug addict would not be wrong if he advises a younger fellow not to do drugs. Has Jonathan done enough? Is it the resistance to a complete military take over that has rendered our troops exposed and without the requisite weaponry to snuff out the insurgents? Is it the opposition that advised them to use the aircraft of a demon chaser to go and buy weapons with 15million quid? Why should the apc not be apprehensive that 3 States are still held down with elections around the corner? If you read what I put up earlier, who benefits from a failure of elections in the north east? Are the people dying or at risk of dying earmarked to vote for the pdp for apc to delight in their deaths? I would rather you came out and declared openly that you subscribe to the inept and incompetent Jonathan because of regional or religious sentiments that to spend time poking holes in the opposition that we already know are not saints. At least they don't brazenly declare that common stealing is not corruption or that Nigeria is economically buoyant based on the number of private jets prowling the skies. You must regard my vehement disapproval of Jonathan too as a crime. . Right?
5 hrs · Like · 1

J Olee Akeju @emeka why should I watch emmanuel tv? If I want to watch and learn about flying objects and falling buildings iI'll watch voltron or discovery channel. Don't get me started.
5 hrs · Like · 2

Emeka Francis Okonji @Akeju, exactly my point if you have no knowledge about a matter or an issue for you to begin to comment regarding that matter or issue is unprofitable for you and your listeners because your assertion will be based on your lack of information or understanding of that issue. Hence it is better for you to watch voltron and tell me more about voltron.
5 hrs · Like · 1

Dotun Shittu The opposition have not been voted to rule at the centre and they are neither in control of lawmaking and the judiciary is not in their pockets, the only tool they have got is to protest ,to show their displeasure loudly ,so that no one will say in the nearest future that they kept quiet in the midst of mis rules ,what do you want from the opposition than been united to fight a common enemy ,the only thing they need from us is to support them if truly we demand a change ,that is the only option we have got !!!
5 hrs · Like · 1

Abayomi Ajayi Of course I do not subscribe to Jonathan, but that does not automatically translate to mean I must subscribe to APC. I can choose to criticise what is right/wrong in each party especially given that nobody is neither totally good nor totally bad. I have come to realize that life has plenty of shades, neither totally white nor totally black. And what I am disagreeing with is the politicizing of human lives. That is my sentiments. By the way, I did not accuse you of cheating on your wife or on your employer. I was just stating examples. It is not personal at all. Also I believe a drug addict loses credibility in advising other drug addicts unless he has beaten the addiction. I have to sign out. My prayer is that Nigeria will be great one day.
4 hrs · Like · 1

Omotayo Medictoa Ajayi Oppositions are not blamed in other climes, in fact they make democracy thick. I'm seriously tired of commenting about this country. This is surely not our best.

You find a Doyin Okupe advocating a #bringbackjonathan2015 campaign and passionately defending a government that's sinking.

You find female ministers, Sarah Ochepe and one Zainab, accusing Oby of leading a protest against the government.

And you find a minister of finance dancing to PSquare's 'chop my money'! That's one song she shouldn't be seen dancing to. She could probably dance to Nkem Owoh's 'I go chop your dollar' as well.

I believe those in the presidency are worse than Mr. President and these are someone's dad, mom, uncle.

The president is too dumb to know that his handlers will orchestrate his downfall. I'll remind you Again!
Re: What Folks Are Saying On Facebook About What Transpired Today At Nass. by benardtotti(m): 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
am sorry guys i tried to print the screen but my laptop key is not just accepting, when am less busy i shall try again.
Re: What Folks Are Saying On Facebook About What Transpired Today At Nass. by benardtotti(m): 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
more:

Emeka Ihebie
3 hrs ·
I have been on self imposed facebook exile but have to come back upon reading the monumental impunity exhibited today at the National Assembly. May it never be said that I was alive and failed to condemn the actions of our security outfits in the recent past. From Ekiti State down to Abuja it has been impunity all the way. However the Abuja madness this afternoon takes the cake! I hereby condemn the acts of security forces this afternoon with the strongest condemnation from the very bottom of my soul!!!! I feel so enraged and horrified!
LikeLike · · Share
View 4 more comments

Somine Otse Guys, what would surprise ....and make me very happy is if our leaders practice true democracy. Now the norm is to use your influence as an incumbent to oppress the opposition as we see PDP doing to APC and vice versa. I dont blame the AGF, he is follo...See More
1 hr · Like · 1

Doris James Aaron U share my thoughts Emeka,I was forced to post a comment on fb dis morn God help us
1 hr · Like

Adams Omotosho Wahab Emeka, did you not see your lawmakers jumping over the tall iron gate in suits and agbada. i couldn't believe my eyes....
41 mins · Like · 1

Emeka Ihebie Adam my brother, "we" "elected" them to make laws. So if anybody is seeking to block them from doing that job they must find a way! You can agree with me that these guys have been jumping fences all their lives.....but seriously, it was the act of the ...See More
5 mins · Like

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader / Politics At Its Best In UNIZIK / Five Sycophants You’ll Probably Come Across Before The Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.