Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

The Church And Politics? Case Study Maurice Iwu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Church And Politics? Case Study Maurice Iwu. (719 Views)

Prof. Maurice Iwu's Fraudulent Claims About Ebola Cure / Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC / Intercontinental Bank Manager Offers Maurice Iwu N50million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Church And Politics? Case Study Maurice Iwu. by BlackRevo: 1:31am On Nov 27, 2008
Mass for Iwu
Written by VANGUARD
Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Catholic Diocese of Okigwe, IMO State, will, on Sunday, November 30 hold a special thanksgiving mass for the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Maurice Iwu, and his family. A statement issued by the Diocese said the mass would hold at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Owerri.

The mass, according to the Diocese, is to honour Iwu, a devout Catholic, for his service to humanity, love for the poor, humaneness and unwavering willingness to selflessly offer help to others.

The bishop of  Okigwe, Most Reverend Solomon Amatu who is the chief host said notable Nigerians from across the nation had been invited to the thanksgiving mass primarily organised to thank God for the life of a  man who has brought honour to the country  first as a scientist and secondly as the chief electoral umpire who guided the nation to achieving her first civilian to civilian transition.

As a scientist, Iwu has etched his name on the marble of history. In 1996, the American Botanical Institute Council named him among other globally renowned scientists as member of the Advisory Board.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/nov/26/317.html

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/nov/26/801.html

I hope this mass service is not political

He should have been honoured while he is out of office to my own opinion

I have so many things to say but i just wait and see other peoples comments

(1) (Reply)

A Letter From The President 2011. / Efcc Probes Abia Gov / Student Sues Police Commissioner, Alleges N500,000 Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.