Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Hungry Authors: A Reality? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hungry Authors: A Reality? (485 Views)

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! / I Need Someone To Pitch My Idea For A Reality Tv Show Into Writing(professional) / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hungry Authors: A Reality? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
When i was in secondary school, i bought several textbooks, when i show some of them to my teachers, they will ask the price and examine the weight. When it cost cheaply and has light weight. My teacher will say 'this are books written by hungry authors'
Do hungry authors really exists or have you seen one?
Re: Hungry Authors: A Reality? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
Yes. Sadly I'ven't seen one.
Nigeria is a dream-killer, even Chimamanda said "I'm lucky I didn't release half of a yellow sun in Nigeria if not only my household and if I'm lucky people on my street would've gotten to read the book".

There're alot of hungry authors and people with potential who get discouraged because corruption has eaten into the Nigerian lifestyle. Check the amount of good writers on the literature section to give yourself an idea.
Re: Hungry Authors: A Reality? by stuff46(m): 8:18am On Nov 23, 2014
Microflux:
When i was in secondary school, i bought several textbooks, when i show some of them to my teachers, they will ask the price and examine the weight. When it cost cheaply and has light weight. My teacher will say 'this are books written by hungry authors'
Do hungry authors really exists or have you seen one?
e.g of such books

(1) (Reply)

An Escape From The Friend Zone (2) / Bird With No Destination A Poem By Bovamm / Professionally Written Short Stories For Sale To Writers, Screenwriters Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.