Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,005 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) (5305 Views)

Check Out This Marriage Picture. / Picture: Is This Love Or Madness? Men What Do You Call This! / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by Missmossy(f): 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
Hahahaha grin What won't we see?
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
msmon:
See Picture Below;

A friend upload a picture on FB and tagged it 'Marriage or Madness', with majority of the people describing it absurd. I promptly searched via google if their is any culture that promote naked marriage.

Google Report:

Ashley Fonda, 27, married her Dating Naked costar
Alika Medeiros, 36, on Aug 6 in a non-traditional
wedding at the botanical gardens in Los Angeles.
Details Here: nymag.com/thecut/2014/08/dating-naked-leads-to-getting-married-naked.html

Questions:
What's your take on this?
Could Nigerians follow suite in future?

I strongly hope to get as many as possible responses, thanks as you share your opinion.

Cc:
maclatunji,
Seun,
Aisha2,
xcelsia,
Khaffi.

Let people live their lives and make their choices jeez. Not everyone must fit into our tiny boxes

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by crackhaus: 11:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
francizy:

I don't agree with you on the bolded man.. Seems like you don't use twitter or get stuffs of how Nigerian girls are joining the harsh tags #boobstuesday, #boobsmonday, #boobsthisday and #boobsthatday, and the mofuckerz are getting nude for those shits!
My advice to all men out there, before you get married, get to know all your wife IDs and names to her accounts, then search them up on Google using nuude with your search, if you don't see any nude pics of her on the internet, then go ahead and marry her..
Really? The internet?

We talking real life n.udity, you talking twitter.
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by francizy(m): 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
Damn, what's the difference??
If your wife, all of a sudden goes nudde on social media, you gone pardon her cuz its not real life??
I tire for your matter oh!

crackhaus:

Really? The internet?

We talking real life n.udity, you talking twitter.
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by crackhaus: 11:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
cococandy:

As usual you're going to join the league of those who like to blame every thing they perceive as evil on western influence. Africans are saints and all bad habits are learned from the west, utter bullshiit.
I don't know where your rants are coming from…

Have I blamed the west for anything here?
Have I said Africans are saints?
Have I said naturism is evil?

Did you miss my first comment on this thread (not the one you quoted)?

I said I prefer only sexy women practicing naturism, and my reference to Nigerian women in the comment you quoted is based on the premise that while copying western ideologies/movements, young Nigerian women conveniently left out the one that African men would actually like.

I'm sorry, but where did you miss my point before going on a tangent about evil, saint, or blames? undecided
You need to slow down yo!

[s]The history of naturism or nudismm can be traced to almost all ancient civilizations. Especially those in the areas where the climate permitted it I.e Africa and all tropical areas. So it makes little or no sense to blame the west for nudism when it is clear their climate couldn't have let them be nudist the way we were even if they wanted to. Nudism in the west is a relatively new concept for them that started in the nineteenth century.[/s]
Go and do a quick research before coming up with theories off the top of your head - don't rely on what you think.

Naturism is a movement, it has a historical timeline that has absolutely nothing to do with Africa.

It just get really irksome when on every thread one stumbles upon, someone is saying the west did this or that to them. When will we take responsibility for what we also did to ourselves? Everything is the west. Eesh.
Come back tomorrow and read this thread from the top - then ask yourself where you got your 'blame the west for the evils of naturism' interpretation.

I'm pretty sure you're projecting.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by crackhaus: 12:19am On Nov 22, 2014
francizy:
Damn, what's the difference??
Read my comment again, and look at the pictures on the first page one more time.
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by pablus: 12:22am On Nov 22, 2014
why does the woman have panties on anyway? why not go all the way if you are into nudism?!!
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by cococandy(f): 12:43am On Nov 22, 2014
crackhaus:

I don't know where your rants are coming from…

rants undecided undecided.

Have I blamed the west for anything here?
Have I said Africans are saints?
Have I said naturism is evil?

yes. You implied nudism has western origins. Accept that you're wrong. Because even though we don't have a name for it or a movement for it,it is part of our culture that we have replaced with the western culture of prim and proper dressing.

Did you miss my first comment on this thread (not the one you quoted)?

I said I want only sexy women to practise naturism and my reference to Nigerian women in the comment you quoted is based on the premise that while copying modern western ideologies/movements, young Nigerian women conveniently left out the one that African men would actually like.

again the only ish I have with your post is that you think nudismm is a western movement/ideology. Which is the only thing I sought to correct.

I'm sorry, but where did you miss my point before going on a tangent about evil, saint, or blame? undecided
You need to slow down yo!

the rest of my post about Africans being saint or whatever is more of a general statement like I did point out. It is so common around nairaland these days for every tom and Jude to ascribe everything to western influence . It is like that's the new cool these days.

Go and do a quick research before coming up with theories off the top of your head - don't rely on what you think.

i had already given you a little lecture that nudism as a movement is a relatively new concept in the west that started in the nineteenth century. But is so not new to Africa. Rather Africans are fighting had to maintain western mode of dressing. So next time you want to ascribe nudismm to the west,remember where they got it from. I think you're the one who needs to go read up in the subject. undecided

Naturism is a movement, it has a historical timeline that has absolutely nothing to do with Africa.

the movement itself has nothing to do with Africa because nudism is already a part of our culture hence no need to begin a movement to try make us more comfortable in our naykeddness..

Come back tomorrow and read this thread from the top - then ask yourself where you got your 'blame the west for the evils of naturism' interpretation.

you may not see it as evil. But you certainly think it is a western influence. Which is not true.

I'm pretty sure you're projecting

hello kettle. How are you cheesy .
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by crackhaus: 1:43am On Nov 22, 2014
cococandy:

rants undecided undecided
Absolutely.

yes.
You implied nudism has western origins. Accept that you're wrong. Because even though we don't have a name for it or a movement for it, it is part of our culture that we have replaced with the western culture of prim and proper dressing.
Please point us to where crackhaus said Africans are saints, or that naturism is evil.

Now do you understand why I say you're projecting?

It's called naturism and it is a social movement in the west - when was naturism ever part of our culture?
In the old Sokoto Caliphate, Oyo empire, Benin empire, and kingdom of Nri, did people walk around completely n.aked without fabrics to cover up?

Do you even know what naturism entails?

again the only ish I have with your post is that you think nudismm is a western movement/ideology. Which is the only thing I sought to correct.
What is naturism, when and where did the movement begin to gain prominence?

Don't correct what you're not certain of yourself - I would like you to answer the above question explicitly.

the rest of my post about Africans being saint or whatever is more of a general statement like I did point out. It is so common around nairaland these days for every tom and Jude to ascribe everything to western influence . It is like that's the new cool these days.
Then you shouldn't have typed any of that to me, I'm not responsible for what every Tom and Jude ascribes to western influence on Nairaland. undecided

Projecting!

i had already given you a little lecture that nudism as a movement is a relatively new concept in the west that started in the nineteenth century. But is so not new to Africa. Rather Africans are fighting had to maintain western mode of dressing. So next time you want to
ascribe nudismm to the west,remember where they got it from. I think you're the one who needs to go read up in the subject. undecided
Sorry darling, you need the lecture yourself - naturism did not begin in the nineteenth century.

Like I said before, do a research on it and not guess or assume off the top of your head the reason why/how it started.

the movement itself has nothing to do with Africa because nudism is already a part of our culture hence no need to begin a movement to try make us more comfortable in our naykeddness..
Does this even make sense to you?

Like I asked before, when was naturism part of our culture?

you may not see it as evil. But you certainly think it is a western influence. Which is not true.
Ohh I thought you already answered yes when you claimed I said naturism is evil, or are you losing track of yourself?

This is what I typed:
But not to worry, It can't work in a country like
Nigeria where people (especially women) still see their unclothedness as a price to be won - their modernity from western influence doesn't extend to this.
It is a western ideology/movement that hasn't influenced Africans, ergo, it can become western influence if it does.

How can I think something is a western influence when it hasn't influenced Nigerians?

Naturism is a western movement/ideology because it has it's beginnings in the west.

hello kettle. How are you. cheesy
Hi pot, quote your next response properly so I can respond easily.
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by cococandy(f): 2:04am On Nov 22, 2014
No the ideology of naturism wasn't relevant to us because we as a people have nudist traditions. You don't go seeking what you already have. I think I've already answered any questions you have so I'm just gonna give up and save myself some precious time and not go repeating what I already said.

Yay Crackhaus no longer belongs to the "western influence" crew.

Well it won't be long before I catch you again blaming western influence for one more thing.

You're I don't know what naturism entails.
crackhaus:

Absolutely.

Please point us to where crackhaus said Africans are saints, or that naturism is evil.

Now do you understand why I say you're projecting?

It's called naturism and it is a social movement in the west - when was naturism ever part of our culture?
In the old Sokoto Caliphate, Oyo empire, Benin empire, and kingdom of Nri, did people walk around completely n.aked without fabrics to cover up?

Do you even know what naturism entails?

What is naturism, when and where did the movement begin to gain prominence?

Don't correct what you're not certain of yourself - I would like you to answer the above question explicitly.

Then you shouldn't have typed any of that to me, I'm not responsible for what every Tom and Jude ascribes to western influence on Nairaland. undecided

Projecting!

Sorry darling, you need the lecture yourself - naturism did not begin in the nineteenth century.

Like I said before, do a research on it and not guess or assume off the top of your head the reason why/how it started.

Does this even make sense to you?

Like I asked before, when was naturism part of our culture?

Ohh I thought you already answered yes when you claimed I said naturism is evil, or are you losing track of yourself?

This is what I typed:

It is a western ideology/movement that hasn't influenced Africans, ergo, it can become western influence if it does.

How can I think something is a western influence when it hasn't influenced Nigerians?

Naturism is a western movement/ideology because it has it's beginnings in the west.

Hi pot, quote your next response properly so I can respond easily.
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by crackhaus: 2:51am On Nov 22, 2014
cococandy:
No the ideology of naturism wasn't relevant to us because we as a people have nudist traditions. You don't go seeking what you already have. I think I've already answered any questions you have so I'm just gonna give up and save myself some precious time and not go repeating what I already said.

Yay Crackhaus no longer belongs to the "western influence" crew.

Well it won't be long before I catch you again blaming western influence for one more thing.

You're I don't know what naturism entails.
Don't try to front, I was never part of any western influence crew - that's you projecting and making stuff up.

My argument on that topic by 5minsmadness was on the right versus wrong regarding the lady's dress sense, I never even typed the words western or west once on that thread - you can go confirm.
You won't catch me slipping on this boards by changing goalposts on the same subjects.

BTW Cococandy, you have not answered these questions before;
- What is naturism and where did it begin?

- In the old Sokoto Caliphate, Oyo empire, Benin empire, and kingdom of Nri, did people walk around completely n.aked without fabrics to cover up?

- When was naturism part of Nigerian culture?

By the time you answer these questions, you would realize you didn't know what naturism really entailed.

As a bonus question;
- Name one ethnic group in Nigeria you know of that had no single piece of fabric/clothing on their body, ergo, the grownups walked around completely butt n.aked from head to toe

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by cococandy(f): 3:31am On Nov 22, 2014
I've answered your question.
crackhaus:

Don't try to front, I was never part of any western influence crew - that's you projecting and making stuff up.

My argument on that topic by 5minsmadness was on the right versus wrong regarding the lady's dress sense, I never even typed the words western or west once on that thread - you can go confirm.
You won't catch me slipping on this boards by changing goalposts on the same subjects.

BTW Cococandy, you have not answered these questions before;
- What is naturism and where did it begin?

- In the old Sokoto Caliphate, Oyo empire, Benin empire, and kingdom of Nri, did people walk around completely n.aked without fabrics to cover up?

- When was naturism part of Nigerian culture?

By the time you answer these questions, you would realize you didn't know what naturism really entailed.

As a bonus question;
- Name one ethnic group in Nigeria you know of that had no single piece of fabric/clothing on their body, ergo, the grownups walked around completely butt n.aked from head to toe
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by crackhaus: 9:41am On Nov 22, 2014
cococandy:
I've answered your question.
You haven't.
But in case I missed it, please do oblige once more.
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by msmon(m): 3:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
This is getting interesting, following with keen interest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Say “thank You” To Waiter/waitress When Served In A Restaurant? / Is It Right For Father's To Bath Their Daughters? / Mothers Can I Wear Gown For My Baby's Church Dedication?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.