Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) (5262 Views)

Check Out This Marriage Picture. / Picture: Is This Love Or Madness? Men What Do You Call This! / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by msmon(m): 9:10am On Nov 21, 2014
See Picture Below;

A friend upload a picture on FB and tagged it 'Marriage or Madness', with majority of the people describing it absurd. I promptly searched via google if their is any culture that promote naked marriage.

Google Report:

Ashley Fonda, 27, married her Dating Naked costar
Alika Medeiros, 36, on Aug 6 in a non-traditional
wedding at the botanical gardens in Los Angeles.
Details Here: nymag.com/thecut/2014/08/dating-naked-leads-to-getting-married-naked.html

Questions:
What's your take on this?
Could Nigerians follow suite in future?

I strongly hope to get as many as possible responses, thanks as you share your opinion.

Cc:
maclatunji,
Seun,
Aisha2,
xcelsia,
Khaffi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by msmon(m): 9:11am On Nov 21, 2014
Ashley Fonda (27) and Alika Medeiros (36)

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by slimyem: 9:22am On Nov 21, 2014
Back to the Adamic days..
Ain't nothing wrong with that tongue
...only if the bodies are not this disgusting though...

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by cococandy(f): 9:31am On Nov 21, 2014
Cute
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by Orunto: 9:50am On Nov 21, 2014
This marriage must be taking place in a shrine and in the dark. Our God is One of Light, of Clothes, of Beauty and of Tidiness. Ours Is not of darkness, of unclothedness, of ugliness and of wanton irritation. Our God is a God of Civilization and not a bogus bogey. So, this kind of wedding can only take place in an animal kingdom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by msmon(m): 9:59am On Nov 21, 2014
You said cute? I wish to know what's cute about it.

cococandy:
Cute
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by crackhaus: 10:22am On Nov 21, 2014
The practise of naturism should be made illegal for people with ugly, fat, and unfit bodies - I can't be seeing none of that saggy shiit angry

Only sexy women should be allowed to go full n.ude.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by politricks: 10:24am On Nov 21, 2014
If i say 'end' you say 'time' another man say 'things' omo na you sabi.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by msmon(m): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2014
crackhaus:
The practise of naturism should be made illegal for people with ugly, fat, and unfit bodies - I can't be seeing none of that saggy shiit angry

Only sexy women should be allowed to go full n.ude.
What about making it illegal for everyone irrespective of body anatomy. If this is allowed to see the light of the day, it may just be what we'll talk about in fews years to come.
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by crackhaus: 11:01am On Nov 21, 2014
msmon:

What about making it illegal for everyone irrespective of body anatomy. If this is allowed to see the light of the day, it may just be what we'll talk about in fews years to come.
It's already seeing the light of day my man.
There are naturist/n.ude beaches, camps, communities, organizations and groups...and even Christians are not left out of the craze - they call themselves Naturist Christians.

But not to worry, It can't work in a country like Nigeria where people (especially women) still see their unclothedness as a price to be won - their modernity from western influence doesn't extend to this.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 21, 2014
End time things shaaa
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by SAMBARRY: 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
Orunto:
This marriage must be taking place in a shrine and in the dark. Our God is One of Light, of Clothes, of Beauty and of Tidiness. Ours Is not of darkness, of unclothedness, of ugliness and of wanton irritation. Our God is a God of Civilization and not a bogus bogey. So, this kind of wedding can only take place in an animal kingdom.
grin grin
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by abdulaz: 12:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
They are portraying Adam and Eve grin

This is one of the reasons ISIS and boko haram are beheading people.
Western way of life is a sin and not education.
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by SAMBARRY: 1:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
The name of the church or mosque where theyweded should be nudist assembly parish or nudist islamic centre grin

Awon end Time couple grin
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by greatgod2012(f): 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
If nudity is in their culture, they can't see anything wrong with it. We're seeing it as barbaric, because it's not part of our culture, so i won't praise or condemn it, that's how they chose to do it and they have the right to do it the way they think it is best for them, so far they are happy with it, fine for them.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by zeb04(f): 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
The man's body is so disgusting.he should be getting married in a kaftan.
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by megabyte2(f): 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
End time things
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
There's no way I'm gonna comment on this kinda trend. *spits and walk away shaking bottom*
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by cococandy(f): 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
crackhaus:

There are naturist/n.ude beaches, camps, communities, organizations and groups...and even Christians are not left out of the craze - they call themselves Naturist Christians.

But not to worry, It can't work in a country like Nigeria where people (especially women) still see their unclothedness as a price to be won - their modernity from western influence doesn't extend to this.
nudismm is African way of life. They are just copying from us
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by crackhaus: 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
cococandy:
nudismm is African way of life. They are just copying from us
Why aren't you walking around butt na.ked then?
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by MizMyColi(f): 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
Finally
I give up

Woorriss DAT!!! shocked

cheesy
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
msmon:
See Picture Below;

A friend upload a picture on FB and tagged it 'Marriage or Madness', with majority of the people describing it absurd. I promptly searched via google if their is any culture that promote naked marriage.

Google Report:

Ashley Fonda, 27, married her Dating Naked costar
Alika Medeiros, 36, on Aug 6 in a non-traditional
wedding at the botanical gardens in Los Angeles.
Details Here: nymag.com/thecut/2014/08/dating-naked-leads-to-getting-married-naked.html

Questions:
What's your take on this?
Could Nigerians follow suite in future?

I strongly hope to get as many as possible responses, thanks as you share your opinion.

Cc:
maclatunji,
Seun,
Aisha2,
xcelsia,
Khaffi.
Thanks for the mention, you asked two questions, I'll answer accordingly.

1. My take: I know it goes against everything society has taught us such as decency and maintaining sanity in public (even though we're insane sometimes lol) but I'm still all for living your life. If this makes them happy then so be it, I'm happy for them and wish them bliss smiley

2. The world is becoming a global village, some things that were looked down upon in Nigeria years back are now accepted as normal. It seems crazy but I won't say it can't happen in the future, no one knows tomorrow.

Have a nice day msmon smiley
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by kelechiMarie(f): 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
It's d 21st century right ?wonder what the 22nd century will be like that's if d world still exists.
Walksouttathread standing on me head
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by cococandy(f): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
crackhaus:

Why aren't you walking around butt na.ked then?
because I'm copying the westerners grin. Have you forgotten we all under the evil influence of the west?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by crackhaus: 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
cococandy:
because I'm copying the westerners grin. Have you forgotten we all under the evil influence of the west?
undecided

I'm sorry, I think I lost you.
The people in those pics, are they Africans?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by cococandy(f): 6:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
crackhaus:

undecided

I'm sorry, I think I lost you.
The people in those pics, are they Africans?
no. They are copying Africans .

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by crackhaus: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
cococandy:
no. They are copying Africans .
Do you know the history of naturism?

Edited:
You dey like your own posts? cheesy
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by cococandy(f): 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
crackhaus:

Do you know the history of naturism?

Edited:
You dey like your own posts? cheesy
like my own posts? How many accounts do I have? Why on earth are you concerned about who's liking my posts?

Back to topic.

As usual you're going to join the league of those who like to blame every thing they perceive as evil on western influence. Africans are saints and all bad habits are learned from the west, utter bullshiit.

The history of naturism or nudismm can be traced to almost all ancient civilizations. Especially those in the areas where the climate permitted it I.e Africa and all tropical areas. So it makes little or no sense to blame the west for nudism when it is clear their climate couldn't have let them be nudist the way we were even if they wanted to. Nudism in the west is a relatively new concept for them that started in the nineteenth century.

It just get really irksome when on every thread one stumbles upon, someone is saying the west did this or that to them. When will we take responsibility for what we also did to ourselves? Everything is the west. Eesh.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by msmon(m): 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
Thanks for the insightful contribution. Stay blessed!
xcelsia:
Thanks for the mention, you asked two questions, I'll answer accordingly.

1. My take: I know it goes against everything society has taught us such as decency and maintaining sanity in public (even though we're insane sometimes lol) but I'm still all for living your life. If this makes them happy then so be it, I'm happy for them and wish them bliss smiley

2. The world is becoming a global village, some things that were looked down upon in Nigeria years back are now accepted as normal. It seems crazy but I won't say it can't happen in the future, no one knows tomorrow.

Have a nice day msmon smiley

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by msmon(m): 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
I'm afraid pple may have to walk on the street unclad. Well, maybe we refuse to forget our beginning.
kelechiMarie:
It's d 21st century right ?wonder what the 22nd century will be like that's if d world still exists.
Walksouttathread standing on me head
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
nawa o their reception must be a sex party.
Re: What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) by francizy(m): 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
crackhaus:

I don't agree with you on the bolded man.. Seems like you don't use twitter or get stuffs of how Nigerian girls are joining the harsh tags #boobstuesday, #boobsmonday, #boobsthisday and #boobsthatday, and the mofuckerz are getting nude for those shits!
My advice to all men out there, before you get married, get to know all your wife IDs and names to her accounts, then search them up on Google using nuude with your search, if you don't see any nude pics of her on the internet, then go ahead and marry her..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Say “thank You” To Waiter/waitress When Served In A Restaurant? / What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) / Safe My Wife And My Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.