Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? (6056 Views)

"Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son / APC Now In Majority As 37 Reps Defect From Pdp / Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by iconize(m): 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2014
emiye:

You can not classify the whole of Kaduna as middlebelt, may be southern Kaduna , and there is a strong clamour for a state by people of Southern Kaduna.

Perhaps.

However, I want A7's head. He asked another person to brush his knowledge even when he has not done a brain transplant recently. grin grin
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
emiye:
Some people try to classify some places as middlebelt apart from the reconised north central zones, i have heard such before. I believe the middle belt concept is referring to the location on the Nigerian landscape as depicted on the map. Middle or centre of the Map. The definition can be loose, so it is best to stick it with the North central geo-political zone.

Thanks dude, I find it irritating that some people want to argue the middle belt is not synonymous with north central.

More distressing is when they try to include Adamawa, Taraba north eastern states as part of middle belt.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by tit(f): 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
idumuose:
Although not satisfied with the poor state of roads in the country,Plateau state will vote Jonathan.Don't ask me why.

I guess there are things more important to Plateau people than "the state of roads in the country".
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by iconize(m): 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
idumuose:

Southern Kaduna precisely is in the middle belt.The whole of Taraba and some part of Adamawa,southern Gombe,southern Borno.
cool

Idumose, perhaps you could help brush A7's knowledge. grin grin
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by iconize(m): 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

Thanks dude, I find it irritating that some people want to argue the middle belt is not synonymous with north central.

More distressing is when they try to include Adamawa, Taraba north eastern states as part of middle belt.

Shut up!

This mooron should be slaughtered. He's still confusing himself. grin grin grin

The North central geo political zone is different from Middle belt, and Middle belt is basically not a geo political zone.

1 Like

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
emiye:
The SW and middle belt are the swing region for the election.

My idea of middle belt is the North central region (plateau, Nassarawa, Kogi, Kwara, Benue and Niger states) of the 6 states, GEJ will win in Plateau and may be Benue, the rest i doubt, but anything can happen.
You know something. Leave these people to say nonsense. In the North Central zone GEJ can only win in plateau and Benue next year!
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by emiye(m): 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
tit:

I guess there are things more important to Plateau people than "the state of roads in the country".

Important things like the typical religious sentiments ba.

If PDP does not thread softly with its religious propaganda, it will backfire terribly.

Should APC secure just 60% of SW votes and Middlebelt votes, I am certain Jonathan will lose .

I want to believe the APC political big wigs are nt daft, they know what to do.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by lilbazy(m): 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
As a full blooded idoma boy,I 'll vote for jonathan come 2015.although my dad is a millitary captain,I don't want a soldier to rule dis country..."once a soldier always a soldier" dis is democracy not a millitary/democratic regime. APC should do better than bringing buhari,don't be decieve...elections are not won on the internet,60% of nigerias elegible voters don't have access to the internet. My thought tho.

5 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by idumuose(m): 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
iconize:
cool

Idumose, perhaps you could help brush A7's knowledge. grin grin
That's exactly what we are doing here and i believe he is learning.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by idumuose(m): 8:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
Areas of Nigeria which are generally referred to as belonging to the Middle Belt are: Kwara State, Kogi State, Benue State, Plateau State, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Taraba State, Adamawa State as well as the southern parts of Kaduna State and Gombe State.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Belt

1 Like

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by major466(m): 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
baby124:
Middle belt is highly dominated by Muslims. And their voting pattern in the past suggest they vote in the way the North does. It will definitely not be a sweep. It will be a very big struggle to get the votes. I won't be surprised if a lot of the governors even betray. GEJ is not helping himself at all with such things like what happened in the NA. Who ever advised him such needs to be fired and put in prison.
What is this one saying? Middle belt dominated by Muslims? You must be high on beer.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by idumuose(m): 9:07pm On Nov 22, 2014
tit:

Plateau would rather vote any southerner than any core northerner.Form Jos north to south,Barkin ladi to Bokkos,Mangu to langtang east,etc,the story is the same.

They have suffered in the hands of the core north,little wonder their governors and deputies are always christians.They are very passionate about this.That's why they refer to
the large number of Hausas living among them as settlers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by idumuose(m): 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
major466:

What is this one saying? Middle belt dominated by Muslims? You must be high on beer.
Forgive her ignorance
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
major466:

he is right, aside from jos and benue state
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by sholatech(m): 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

Oh gosh, another dummy. Probably another moniker of the person I quoted above.
Keep Exposing your dummy filled brain. I have been a member of the Middle Belt forum before you were given birth to and can see you don't know Nigeria Geo Political Zones. Let me mention political leaders in the middle belt forum that come from those states you can't fathom are from Middle Belt Political Zone. TY Danjuma is from Taraba State, Bala Takaya is from Adamawa State, Zemani Lekwot is from Kaduna State, Late Chris Abashi was from Nasarawa State..can provide you deeper political mentoring once your mind gets rejuvenated to its expected nominal state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
iconize:

You're a drunken mooron! grin grin

You indirectly said that the Middle belt is part of the six geo political zones in Nigeria.

Now you're showing an image of the North central political zone in Nigeria.

Can you see how dumb you're? grin grin grin

Tell us where you learnt that Middle belt is a Geo political zone in Nigeria.

If am claiming middle belt is a geopolitical zone I won't hesitate to directly state that, if you are intelligent you can easily decipher am just suggesting the dude shall further read about the setting of the regions that identified themselves as the middle belt, there is no single northcentral state that is not termed as middle belt region. Fact.

Since all north central states are in the middle belt region, wouldn't it be stupid to say north central is not middle belt?

The image I show, point to what am proposing which is the north central today is synonymous with middle belt.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
iconize:
Folks like A7 should be lynched in public. grin grin

Majority of Nigerians are ignorant when it comes to map.

To them, the South-South geo political zone is the same as Niger-delta and Middle belt is the same as North central geo political zone. grin grin

I would love to reiterate, which north central state is not in the middle belt?

Your answer to this can convince you on how foolish all along you are.

The first republic minority coalition is dead and buried, middle belt today is those six states only.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
iconize:

Yeah, Kaduna is part of the middle belt.

Ignorant folks like A7 that are bereft of basic knowledge will come here, asking others to brush their knowledge. grin grin

Like the image I attach only the north central states are termed as the middle belt. North central is synonymous with middle belt today.

Please keep Kaduna out of your baloney, not even the minorities there will agree with you.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by iconize(m): 10:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

If am claiming middle belt is a geopolitical zone I won't hesitate to directly state that, if you are intelligent you can easily decipher am just suggesting the dude shall further read about the setting of the regions that identified themselves as the middle belt, there is no single northcentral state that is not termed as middle belt region. Fact.

Since all north central states are in the middle belt region, wouldn't it be stupid to say north central is not middle belt?

The image I show, point to what am proposing which is the north central today is synonymous with middle belt.

If you didn't suggest that Middle belt is the same as North central, why then did you post an image of North central when I asked you to tell us a Geo political zone in Nigeria termed "middle belt"? undecided undecided

The Op was clearly talking about a geographical location - Middle belt, and you attacked him asking him to brush his knowledge about Geo political zones.

Can you see how dumb you're? grin grin grin

However, you're still confusing yourself.

- Middle belt >>> A geographical location

- North central >>> A geopolitical region/zone

Nigerians are dumb about maps.

Lumping the Middle belt together with North central automatically makes Gombe and Adamawa states part of the North central geo political zones.

You're too dumb, accept it and move on. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by iconize(m): 10:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

Like the image I attach only the north central states are termed as the middle belt. North central is synonymous with middle belt today.

Please keep Kaduna out of your baloney, not even the minorities there will agree with you.

I don't hesitate in pummeling incorrigible moorons. grin grin grin

Mooron, North central being synonymous with the Middle belt doesn't mean they're the same or that the Middle belt is a Geopolitical zone like you indirectly said. grin grin grin

You're too dumb.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by iconize(m): 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

I would love to reiterate, which north central state is not in the middle belt?

Your answer to this can convince you on how foolish all along you are.

The first republic minority coalition is dead and buried, middle belt today is those six states only.

You're a drunken mooron! grin grin

Mooron, tell us when "Middle belt" became a Geopolitical zone. grin grin grin

Since you believe the Middle belt is the same as North Central, also, tell us why states like Adamawa and Kaduna are not part of the North central Geo political zone- those states are located in the Middle belt.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by iconize(m): 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2014
idumuose:

That's exactly what we are doing here and i believe he is learning.

He's too dumb. He can't learn.

But I'll gladly slaughter him.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by karfe(m): 10:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

Taraba, Adamawa and kaduna are not in the middle belt, I advice yoU brush your knowledge of the nations geo political zones first before discussing politics.

Middle Belt is different from North Central...
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
karfe:

Middle Belt is different from North Central...

Only the six north central states are referred as middle belt today.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by karfe(m): 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

Only the six north central states are referred as middle belt today.

Referred to by who?

North Central was formed in 1995

The Middle Belt has existed since colonial times championed by Joseph Tarka, Pastor David Lot and Patrick Dokotri and more recently by Bala Takaya. Only the lack of political power of the minorities helped the Core North to frustrate its emergence as a separate region before independence. Up till now the Core North is uncomfortable whenever the Middle Belt is mentioned and always tries to downplay it as a separate region
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 11:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
karfe:

Referred to by who?

North Central was formed in 1995

The Middle Belt has existed since colonial times championed by Joseph Tarka, Pastor David Lot and Patrick Dokotri and more recently by Bala Takaya. Only the lack of political power of the minorities helped the Core North to frustrate its emergence as a separate region before independence. Up till now the Core North is uncomfortable whenever the Middle Belt is mentioned and always tries to downplay it as a separate region

The north is in no way threatened by the middle belt, the middle belt itself was coined by few power hungry individuals and even in the six states I mentioned only one can boost of the coalition relevance today . So it is just a name that once struggle to materialise but failed.

In the political atmosphere, it is irrelevant and lack the apparatus to influence the settlers of that region. Today people refer to the north central as midle belt out of pity, sarcasm or for no any reason but the first republic attempt of the minorities to segregate from others.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by Truckpusher(m): 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
It doesn't matter who the Middle belt people would vote for because whichever way you want to look at it,you guys are in deep shiit no thanks to Yakubu Gowon and T Y Danjuma,Though GEJ is still remain your surest bet from total annihilation by these Islamic rag heads that wants your arable land at all cost at the same time control you politically.

If Buhari should win he would stop at nothing in making the middle belt a buffer zone against Southern influence and of course he and his fellow Feudal Islamaofacists Oligarchs would ensure that they keep you where you would be easily accessible,manageable and controlled politically.

If you doubt me ,take a good look at what is going on now - The Northern sponsored and backed Fulani herdsmen that are committing havoc and sacking an entire community, you think all that is for fun or over grazing right? They want to exact their influence and once that one is achieved all they need is to have power for more 8 yrs and the middle belt would be politically defeated to serve as a modern vassal state to the core North.

But with GEJ they will come hard on the middle belt but afraid in making it a free for all to avoid forcing the hands Govt to deploy the military.And If I were GEJ after my 4 years I will hand over power to the middle belt and the South East and wait for the North to cry me a river. tongue
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by karfe(m): 11:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

The north is in no way threatened by the middle belt, the middle belt itself was coined by few power hungry individuals and even in the six states I mentioned only one can boost of the coalition relevance today . So it is just a name that once struggle to materialise but failed.

In the political atmosphere, it is irrelevant and lack the apparatus to influence the settlers of that region. Today people refer to the north central as midle belt out of pity, sarcasm or for no any reason but the first republic attempt of the minorities to segregate from others.

It may look like the Middle Belt failed, but go and check the 2011 elections and see why the Hausa-Fulani did not want a separate region for the minorities... The Middle Belt being recognized as a separate region is vital for a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria in order to give citizens a sense of belonging...

This is why the Middle Belt is going to vote Jonathan again, not because he is anything close to the kind of president we want
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by aljharem(m): 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
olusolaj:
Before nko?
U wan make I vote for one military man wey pretend inside agbada as a civilian man?
Not military man again.
Gej till 2019...
After that okorocha or fashola

Egbon Olusola. Nice one.

My sentiment
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 11:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
karfe:

It may look like the Middle Belt failed, but go and check the 2011 elections and see why the Hausa-Fulani did not want a separate region for the minorities... The Middle Belt being recognized as a separate region is vital for a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria in order to give citizens a sense of belonging...

This is why the Middle Belt is going to vote Jonathan again, not because he is anything close to the kind of president we want

Some like you might vote Jonathan out of fear of the unknown, regardless, the only states I think he can win[not with wide margin] is plateau and benue.

And if the country were to disintegrate, all the regions will witness the worse ethnic strife of all time, and I think your people will experience the worst considering the immense number of different ethnic groups there.

So, I think "one Nigeria" is in favor of all of us.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by abbakacici: 11:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

we have 2 type of Middle belt,
1) religion : to this person middle belt is any place in north Nigerian with reason Christians population therefore to him core middle belt are Plateau and Benue follow by Kogi, Nassarawa, Taraba, Adamawa, southern kaduna, southern Borno and southern Gombe (most people who used this definition are from Benue and southern Kogi )
2)Political and Tribal Definition : this is used by the Government to dividend Political position, this is north central states
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 11:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
abbakacici:
we have 2 type of Middle belt,
1) religion : to this person middle belt is any place in north Nigerian with reason Christians population therefore to him core middle belt are Plateau and Benue follow by Kogi, Nassarawa, Taraba, Adamawa, southern kaduna, southern Borno and southern Gombe (most people who used this definition are from Benue and southern Kogi )
2)Political and Tribal Definition : this is used by the Government to dividend Political position, this is north central states

Exactly, the former are bigoted secessionist with heinous agenda born out out of greed, the later were bridge breaking hypocrites. In any case they are all cowards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Approves Creation Of Ndioke Ibagwa-Aka Autonomous Community / Origin Of 'Naira' And 'Kobo'? / Exposed At Last: President Jonathan Behind Boko Haram Insurgency - Labaran Maku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.