Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services (14465 Views)

Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service / Things That Can Distract You During Church Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by tosyne2much(m): 8:59am On Nov 23, 2014
Many churches (including the one I worship) go through periods of time where people begin showing up to services late. I believe
there are no excuses for getting late to any appointment, and less excuses if the appointment is to visit the house of God.

Well, I'm not exempted from this but I personally hate going late to church and I think the whole idea of it is silly. I am amazed at the number of people who arrive late and it's the same people every time!

10 Type Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service

The truth is bitter they say wink

Where do you belong ?

1. Those Who Are Late For everything

Some people are late because they’re just really bad at being on time. They’re late to everything: doctor appointments, their own wedding grin, and work (just name it). I don’t know if there’s any hope for these people.

2. Those Who Are Never Ashamed For Ever Being Late
They are already used to it and are never ashamed coming late for church services. You will see them confidently bounce into the church. Some will even come late and start shaking hands greeting those involved in the same act as if their presence demand royal attention.

3. Those Who Have Little Regard For God
Speaking of those who walk into
church late. Not everyone gets stuck in traffic or woke up late. If the church. and God Himself is so important to you, there
is no reason to consistently walk in late. In fact, if going somewhere to worship God is
important, then people should arrive early. It seems completely disrespectful to me when people walk into the auditorium 1 or 2 hours into the service.

4 Those Who Think They Have Little Or No Problem
Some people believe that those who are poor and in need of money, success, prosperity and material things often go to church early to make their supplication to God. Therefore, they attend church service late because they are comfortable with their finance, situation and everything that surround them

5. Because They Want To Skip The Worship.
They don’t want to have to stand there and sing the songs. They’d rather take their time getting to church and get there after the singing is over, and be in time for the sermon. They see the time of singing together as being optional and unimportant. I know that in many churches the pastor isn’t even in the room during the singing. He shows up 30 minutes later when he appears on stage to preach. This sends a message to the congregation that the singing is something that can be skipped.

6 Those Who Spend More Time Wearing Make-up
It often takes much longer for these ones to get dressed than anticipated (especially for the ladies). They will spend time applying make-up and other perishable parameters as if they are going for beauty peagent and before you know it, they are late for church

7. Those Who Have No Reason For Being Late
It is a strange phenomenon. People who are never late for work, school, interview will saunter in 10 minutes to the end of the service and think nothing of it. They don't think the habit of being late for church is a big deal

8. Those Who Give Excuse For Everything
My guess is, an average consistent late comer is someone who gives excuse for failure, lateness (just name it). They will give excuse just to suit the listener. These people will always have a reason to justify their lateness. E.g, I was busy pressing my clothes, I got dressed on time but couldn't find my Bible and so on and so forth

9 Those Who Are Probably Not In Any Kind Of Spiritual Condition To Worship Or Hear The Message
My guess is that if you are consistently coming late for service, you are probably not in any kind of spiritual condition to worship or hear the message. The sermon aint touching you, praise song rendered to God has little or no meaning to your hearing

10. Those Who Are Not Prepared For Anything
These people are never prepare for anything, they are never prepare for church services, lectures, interviews and so on and so forth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 23, 2014
I hear you...i hate coming to church late. When you walk in,all eyes would be feasted on you. Makes me uncomfortable.
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 23, 2014
LOL! I am not guilty of coming late to church sha.
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by nickz(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2014
i just want to skip 1st and 2nd reading,gospel and sermon.........
i just come for communion prayer and Bleep out
no time for
women's thanksgiving
marriage thanksgiving
safejourney thanksgiving
chicld dedication thanksgiving
harvest thanksgiving
spiritual breakthrough thanksgiving
automobile purchase thanksgiving
first holy communion recievers thanksgiving
burial thanksgiving?

wtf!!! wtf!!!
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by naijaboiy: 10:43am On Nov 23, 2014
Tosyne2much is back cool
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by naijaboiy: 10:48am On Nov 23, 2014
nickz:
i just want to skip 1st and 2nd reading,gospel and sermon.........
i just come for communion prayer and Bleep out
no time for
women's thanksgiving
marriage thanksgiving
safejourney thanksgiving
chicld dedication thanksgiving
harvest thanksgiving
spiritual breakthrough thanksgiving
automobile purchase thanksgiving
first holy communion recievers thanksgiving
burial thanksgiving?

wtf!!! wtf!!!
This happens in catholic churches grin

Op what about those that come late just because they want people to notice the clothes they put on.

They tag it 'fashionably Late'
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 23, 2014
Nice
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by Macelliot(m): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2014
FrancisTony:
LOL! I am not guilty of coming late to church sha.
Smh! Did u go to church today?
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by asalimpo(m): 11:16am On Nov 23, 2014
The little foxes tht spoil d vine.
On judgement day many christians , though missing hell, will weep.

Som ppl ar terribly punctual.
Others are ... Hmm. Chronically l8te.

1 Like

Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2014
Macelliot:

Smh! Did u go to church today?

I go to church every sunday.
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 23, 2014
Doube Post
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by tosyne2much(m): 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
naijaboiy:
Tosyne2much is back cool
Mr NL, wetin u expect as contest don end wink

Na to resume duty now tongue
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by ERCROSS(m): 12:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
naijaboiy:
Tosyne2much is back cool

tosyne2much:
Mr NL, wetin u expect as contest don end wink

Na to resume duty now tongue

Mr NL, congrats ooo..

U guys see d vote wey Igive 3 of una yesterday..

Hope u share am equally cha..
grin
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by tosyne2much(m): 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
ERCROSS:

Mr NL, congrats ooo..

U guys see d vote wey Igive 3 of una yesterday..

Hope u share am equally cha..
grin

I kuku see am ooooo.. Na Naijaboiy fall my hand ooooo tongue otherwise na me for win grin
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by naijaboiy: 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
tosyne2much:

I kuku see am ooooo.. Na Naijaboiy fall my hand ooooo tongue otherwise na me for win grin
Na your voters fall your hands na grin
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
Null and void.

Church attendance is not compulsory, going late is more to do with the Pastor's ego than GOD because God is available 24/7.

Stop putting heavy burdens on Gods people.

1 Like

Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by Fabdedon(m): 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
in France we dont use african time..grin
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by englishmart(m): 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
11. Those who are not supposed to go to church

anybody who is fond of doing those things is not supposed to be in church
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by mesoade(m): 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
Booked . . Tosyne2much don resume his former lifestyles on NL

1 Like

Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by mesoade(m): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
11. Those that don't wanna pay the tithe
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by nickz(m): 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
naijaboiy:

This happens in catholic churches grin

Op what about those that come late just because they want people to notice the clothes they put on.

They tag it 'fashionably Late'
lol....right yh
it sometimes gets irritating angry angry

i have never stayed in church past an hour and 30 minutes
that's how its meant to be tongue tongue
Re: 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services by adebayour26: 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
tosyne2much:

7. Those Who Have No Reason For Being Late
It is a strange phenomenon. People who are never late for work, school, interview will saunter in 10 minutes to the end of the service and think nothing of it. They don't think the habit of being late for church is a big deal

I know am guilty of this but it's not because I don't av regards for God.
Most timrles, I waste time on irrelevances but am improving at exponential rate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites / Folu Adeboye Celebrates Her 69th Birthday Today / christian book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.