Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites (840 Views)

Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians / Please Help My Blogs Are Not Getting Adverts From Addynamo / Nigerian Blogs Are Dying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites by soldierdollar(m): 11:36am On Nov 23, 2014
I know many webmasters will disagree with me but nevertheless, they are entitled to their opinions

In the past few years, blogging has moved from the early adopters to the mainstream in business and for good reason. When done correctly, a blog is a powerful search engine optimization tool which can be used to…
…dramatically improve website rankings.

Blogs allow us to reach our targeted marketing niche. They will be a key part of the new Web 2.0 strategies that will allow you to tap into the power of social media. In effect, taking word-of-mouth and transforming it into word-of-mouse. Blog marketing increases exposure, generates buzz, and creates a global message to which individual customers can respond.
Blogging gives you the best value for your money. Just consider the cost for newspaper, radio, television, direct mail and magazines ads. It is estimated that in the US 27% of the population read blogs on a regular basis.
Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites

Blogs are active and websites are passive. Blogs broadcast their content out to the web via RSS every time there is something new. Websites on the other hand wait to be discovered by search engine spiders. It’s like the difference between fishing and hunting. You can sit and wait for fish or you can actively hunt and pursue.
Blogs are faster. Posting and syndication is almost instantaneous. Technorati and other blog search engines index and list your postings within minutes after you publish.
Blogs build a readership. It is easy for visitors to subscribe to a blog so they can view new postings as soon as they happen. Blogs encourage repeat visits with content being delivered to your favorite reader or delivery by email. Compare this to bookmarking a website which depends on the visitor to come back.
Blogs have newer fresher content. By their nature, blogs have regular fresh content and they are more up to date. Blogs tend to deal with breaking events and technology insights.
Blogs invite participation and interaction. Blog conversations are encouraged providing multiple viewpoints and discussions.

source: http://naijasuya..com/2014/11/why-blogs-are-better-than-websites.html

If you have reasons to disagree with me, you are free to comment grin
Re: Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites by cheavroi(m): 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
I am tempted to disagree.

A blog is a webpage that is regularly updated while a website is a series of related webpage.

Also a blog is used to educate,entertain and inform your audience while a website is an official online representation of your business.

So if you are an individual, a blog might work for you. You can rant and say what you like on your blog but if you are a corporation or a brand, you are better off having a real website and not a blog as a website.

Yes, you can have a blog within a website but a website should never be given up for a blog if you are serious about building a business.

I am presenting running a free course on how you can use a blog within a business website to grow your business. Visit www.vtnssolutions.com/blog/ to get started.
Re: Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
soldierdollar:
I know many webmasters will disagree with me but nevertheless, they are entitled to their opinions

In the past few years, blogging has moved from the early adopters to the mainstream in business and for good reason. When done correctly, a blog is a powerful search engine optimization tool which can be used to…
…dramatically improve website rankings.

Blogs allow us to reach our targeted marketing niche. They will be a key part of the new Web 2.0 strategies that will allow you to tap into the power of social media. In effect, taking word-of-mouth and transforming it into word-of-mouse. Blog marketing increases exposure, generates buzz, and creates a global message to which individual customers can respond.
Blogging gives you the best value for your money. Just consider the cost for newspaper, radio, television, direct mail and magazines ads. It is estimated that in the US 27% of the population read blogs on a regular basis.
Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites

Blogs are active and websites are passive. Blogs broadcast their content out to the web via RSS every time there is something new. Websites on the other hand wait to be discovered by search engine spiders. It’s like the difference between fishing and hunting. You can sit and wait for fish or you can actively hunt and pursue.
Blogs are faster. Posting and syndication is almost instantaneous. Technorati and other blog search engines index and list your postings within minutes after you publish.
Blogs build a readership. It is easy for visitors to subscribe to a blog so they can view new postings as soon as they happen. Blogs encourage repeat visits with content being delivered to your favorite reader or delivery by email. Compare this to bookmarking a website which depends on the visitor to come back.
Blogs have newer fresher content. By their nature, blogs have regular fresh content and they are more up to date. Blogs tend to deal with breaking events and technology insights.
Blogs invite participation and interaction. Blog conversations are encouraged providing multiple viewpoints and discussions.

source: http://naijasuya..com/2014/11/why-blogs-are-better-than-websites.html

If you have reasons to disagree with me, you are free to comment grin
website is much more respected and more proffessional than blog, thats all i can say
Re: Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
You are so wrong!

- A Blog is a website! For your information!!

- A blog is a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.

- A website(According to your idea of what it is), can also be regularly updated for your information!!! Even if i have a webpage with only one page, i can be updating that one page everyday does not make it blog! Standard websites are used for business purposes. E.g Identifying a company or Entity on the internet. The web pages would also be updated regarding information related to the business or company in regard.

So your topic is just wrong! You do not even know the difference between the two. You are a blogger, good for you! Everyone has his line of business. Not everyone depends on Advert publishing(Most Bloggers Do!!!), some make billions from standard websites e.g Bank websites, Online shopping sites, Payment Processing Sites, Web Hosting sites, software sites etc.. So you do not even know what you are talking about.

Get more knowledge about the web first!! Knowledge beyond copying and pasting contents from other websites in an admin panel.
Re: Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites by moderatorr: 3:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
why keyboards are better than computers, one is a member of one, they are used for different purposes.
A blog is a type of website.
Re: Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites by henryobinna(m): 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
blogs n websites are the same but with a little difference(or better still the only major difference).

and that difference is comments as in blog visitors can comment a post while the author(s) reply.

other difference(tho not in every case) is the formality of the words/write ups, on blogs its mostly informal, the author(s) can write in what ever way they feel like but that's never the case with 'websites' they're mostly formal.

asides these, what ever difference(s) you give are irrelevant.
Re: Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites by Craigston: 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
moderatorr:
why keyboards are better than computers, one is a member of one, they are used for different purposes.
A blog is a type of website.
Right. In some cases, a blog is a subset of a website: it is an optional feature. The blogs they run are just sub-domains in a larger website. They're given moderator permissions over that section: call it their profile. It's just the same as their facebook profiles. Wordpress, for example, is the website and has features that allow them to run their profiles like another site and add plug-ins and scripts without affecting the website itself. Similar to web hosting, file sharing and the likes.
Re: Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites by soldierdollar(m): 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
You guys are only stating the differences and not the advantages
Re: Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites by soldierdollar(m): 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
henryobinna:
blogs n websites are the same but with a little difference(or better still the only major difference).

and that difference is comments as in blog visitors can comment a post while the author(s) reply.

other difference(tho not in every case) is the formality of the words/write ups, on blogs its mostly informal, the author(s) can write in what ever way they feel like but that's never the case with 'websites' they're mostly formal.

asides these, what ever difference(s) you give are irrelevant.

My dear , we are discussing the advantages and not the differences
Re: Why Blogs Are Better Than Websites by henryobinna(m): 8:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
soldierdollar:

My dear , we are discussing the advantages and not the differences
ok ok

(1) (Reply)

[help] List Of Local Government Councils In Nigeria / Non Hosted Adsense Account For Sale / Adsense For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.