Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Z30 Or S4? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Z30 Or S4? (37156 Views)

Nokia Lumia 730, Or Samsung Galaxy S3, Or S4 Which Do I Buy?? / Swapping!! Toshiba Lappy And A Z30 Or Q10 Blackberry / Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Z30 Or S4? by tomiobj(m): 5:50am On Nov 25, 2014
patmaine:

could you elaborate on the problem people 've with the android...

in dis ,2014 people still dey compare bb with android...
open source os to bb10...
Being an open source os is not always a good thing. Check d BlackBerry passport nd ttell me it's nt bera than most android phones
My peeps with android complain of hanging. Unexpected shutdowns. Sm apps nt running. D os being slow nd d battery being wack
Re: Z30 Or S4? by emmanuel4758(m): 6:24am On Nov 25, 2014
tomiobj:
Chisos. Pple dey lie. Which android is immune to viruses. Android phones have two antennas nd 3 microphones to implement natural sound. Nd pls tell me d android phone that can screen share. Pic orrrr
I see u never use andriod b4 android can't contact virus unless you unroot it and virus doesn't harm android cus if you notice you restore your phone PR flach your backup ROM and tell me how many hours does it take your z30 to boot can flash custom ROM?
Re: Z30 Or S4? by tomiobj(m): 6:34am On Nov 25, 2014
emmanuel4758:
I see u never use andriod b4 android can't contact virus unless you unroot it and virus doesn't harm android cus if you notice you restore your phone PR flach your backup ROM and tell me how many hours does it take your z30 to boot can flash custom ROM?

I can't comment again
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Collinz2(m): 7:36am On Nov 25, 2014
tomiobj:

Being an open source os is not always a good thing. Check d BlackBerry passport nd ttell me it's nt bera than most android phones
My peeps with android complain of hanging. Unexpected shutdowns. Sm apps nt running. D os being slow nd d battery being wack
ur phone hang if u install alot of file and install unstable custom rom, the app that dnt run are nt compatable with ur phone, the os is nt slow.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by jotax(m): 7:55am On Nov 25, 2014
benromeo39:
I have been been facing this problem of indecision for a while.

The s4 beats the z30 in all ramifications, and due to the drastic fall in price of the s4, they are now around the same price.

Also the z30 has a cheaper data sub( glo 3 gig for 1k), I need advice on which to pick.

Please share your views, thank you.
So na the only tin wey dey bother u b this? Honestly u no get problem.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by magni101(m): 8:44am On Nov 25, 2014
I'm also confused as to what to buy this time around between S4 and Q10. Used several android and blackberry phones and needed a new experience though I haven't used any of the two yet. S4 seems interesting going by the comments I'm reading here. Though I'd like to consider the Q10.
who knows, I might change my mind.
Reading on!
Re: Z30 Or S4? by SirAweezy(m): 9:04am On Nov 25, 2014
If you are a serious person go for q10 Z30 or passport... Talking from experience.. (I've been there S4 should even be the least you should compare talk abt SGS S5, tabs,HTC).

The bb10 will give peace of mindmm unlike the andriods you keep updating apps everyday (I use wifi for my SGS Tab though) but still couldn't match Q10 for my on the goal business.

Consider the kind of country you live in before you decide.. Just giving you a clue.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by benodese(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2014
[size=18pt]COOL TOPIC.... S4 seems more like a modern phone unlike the Z30. So, if you want to use a modern phone like that, you upgrade your wallet too... Chikinah![/size]
Re: Z30 Or S4? by ezearichard(m): 9:40am On Nov 25, 2014
capip120:

What is bera?
run android apps? s4 go run am x4
create ms word document? s4 go create am x4
Predictive text? which smart phone doesn't do that?
come to sub you can still use your s4 to subscribe to bb plans by changing your imei to blackberry imei through an application called mobile uncle.
Sorry I fail to see reasons with your points.
Bros that mobile uncle can't work with Samsung sorry.... Except with lower China phones
Re: Z30 Or S4? by slinkman(m): 10:18am On Nov 25, 2014
johnsonsegxy:

@bolded, how can I make my mtn BIS work on my Android.

Please its urgent.... ASAP

Thanks
with the use of an app called simple server, google about simple server bro
Re: Z30 Or S4? by willorie(f): 10:45am On Nov 25, 2014
Ye'all are getting it twisted

Nokia XL is the best there is grin grin
tho l prefer my S4 to Nokia XL tongue tongue
Re: Z30 Or S4? by biomedixexcel(m): 11:51am On Nov 25, 2014
benromeo39:
my thoughts exactly. I'm using a z10 at the moment, changing to z30 is gonna seem like I'm holding a bigger version with better battery life.

Give me a few tips on the cheap data you mentioned.
Get S4 and patronise us for cheap data, check my signature 1gb costs 1200
Re: Z30 Or S4? by kennyadeye: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
Please what about the ip.. we hv different motive to buy phone, S4 is not 9ja ip but I think z30 is 9ja ip.. abi now
Re: Z30 Or S4? by LadyH(f): 12:55pm On Nov 25, 2014
chukux2:

Of the cheap BB10s (Z10, Q5, Z3) It has the greatest quality. Go for it!
I only had d opportunity to look thru it 4 a few mins. I din lyk it. Particularly the camera. I just wanted an opinion frm smeone else.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Celmatador(m): 2:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
Orina:

30k when am about to buy up coming samsung s6 cheesy

hmmmmmmm, we can still do biz while u wait for ur s6. Abi?
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Osinitu(m): 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2014
Please which is better between z10 and z3
Re: Z30 Or S4? by HolyHolla(m): 3:31pm On Nov 25, 2014
I've always been on big screen Galaxy android phones and never liked BB phones until the Z series came. Somehow, I was put off seeing people plugging to charge their BBs everywhere they find the opportunity because the battery powers never last them a full day. My second grouse was the poor quality of pictures produced by BB cameras. Coupled with these is what I personally conceive as the nuisance of having to add people who discover you have a PIN no. for useless and time consuming ping-chats.

But on January 28, 2014, I bought a Z30 and started enjoying the benefits of long lasting battery and good quality camera, and to solve the third problem, I actually activated my PIN, but never accepted any invitations to connect. Not even from closest family members.

I must say I enjoyed using the Z30, although it was still not my primary phone line, until 24th September, when the screen suddenly blanked off. Frustrated that I ever ventured into BB phones, I just packed it aside only to recharge it occasionally. But suddenly, just 2 days ago, by some miracle, the screen came back on after I recharged the battery.

Honestly, I'm happy to have my Z30 working again, but I'm still wondering whether I shouldn't pawn it for another phone, suspecting that it may malfunction again.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Kingrapha(m): 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
get any one of the following

*sony xperia z2
*Lg g3
*samsung note 4
*iphone 6+
*htc one m8
*alcatel hero 2
*nokia x2 dual sim <android >
*nexus 6
*samsung note edge
*tecno phantom z
*s5
*huawei ascend p7
*lumia 1520
and u would not regret it......

2 Likes

Re: Z30 Or S4? by BeloHorizonte14: 4:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
please Nairalanders,which of the Z30 and S4 is preferrable for easing academic stress like e-books,browsing online video lectures,text-books: especially for a guy who intends to pursue an engineering postgraduate degree? Pleassssseeeee, God bless you as you help. Thank you
Re: Z30 Or S4? by BeloHorizonte14: 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kingrapha:
get any one of the following

*sony xperia s2r
*Lg g3
*samsung note 4
*iphone 6+
*hatch one m8
*alcatel hero 2
*nokia x2 dual sim <android >
*nexus 6
*samsung note edge
*tecno phantom z
*s5
*huawei ascend p7
*lumia 1520
and u would not regret it......
Hi Sir,please which is advisable for an engineering student interms of e-books,browsing online video lectures and practicals and ease of getting or downloading recommended textbooks? Thank you Sir.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Kingrapha(m): 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
BeloHorizonte14:
Hi Sir,please which is advisable for an engineering student interms of e-books,browsing online video lectures and practicals and ease of getting or downloading recommended textbooks? Thank you Sir.

The nexus 6 sir but if u want a bigger screen try nexus 9<tab>
Re: Z30 Or S4? by BeloHorizonte14: 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kingrapha:

The nexus 6 sir but if u want a bigger screen try nexus 9<tab>
Thank you so very much sir. Please what is the price range because i have 70k to 80k to spare? Thank you. Sir,is it motorola nexus 6 or Google nexus 6?
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Kingrapha(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
BeloHorizonte14:
Thank you so very much sir. Please what is the price range because i have 70k to 80k to spare? Thank you. Sir,is it motorola nexus 6 or Google nexus 6?

google nexus 6 is made by motorola xo its the same thing.....

lyk..... nexus 9 is htc
Re: Z30 Or S4? by BeloHorizonte14: 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kingrapha:

google nexus 6 is made by motorola xo its the same thing.....

lyk..... nexus 9 is htc
Clearly understood #covers face in embarrassment#.............Thank you Sir. Please what about the price range?
Re: Z30 Or S4? by litaninja(m): 9:41am On Nov 26, 2014
Please....someone did not just start a thread comparing an S4 and a blackberry......any blackberry.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Shegsakinz(m): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
am actually in d same situation as u r. wanna get s4 or z30.both r now 53k on Konga. think I will go for z30.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Shegsakinz(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
am actually in d same situation as u r. BTW s4 and z30. both r 54k on Konga. think am gonna go 4 z30
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Elxandre(m): 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
The only reason to even give the z30 a look, is if data is your priority.
A z30 is a 720p device, comparing it with a 1080p device is a crime.

The camera is clearly no match for the S4 camera too.

Someone said Android is for kids, how hilarious.
Android has all the apps you will ever need, be it engineering apps, mathematics, medicine,health apps etc.

BB10 is suffering from a dire lack of apps.
When you have to depend on non native apps from some other OS, you know a lot is wrong.
And don't deceive yourselves that Android apps run perfectly on BB10.

Sammy S4 Ftw.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by magni101(m): 1:02am On Nov 27, 2014
Now I'm getting even more confused.
Plan on buying either a tecno phantom z or s4 next week and I'm in between decisions now.
Seems the phantom z has nice features too since it's their latest flagship phone.

Guys help me out abeg!
Re: Z30 Or S4? by nani667: 1:08am On Nov 27, 2014
magni101:
Plan on buying either a tecno phantom z or s4 next week and I'm in between decisions now.
Seems the phantom z has nice features too since it's their latest flagship phone.

Guys help me out abeg!

Spending over 50K on a Tecno phone is counterproductive and depressing..... Of you have 50K to spend buy Samsung, Sony, HTC or an LG device ✔
Re: Z30 Or S4? by DoroMega: 1:36am On Nov 27, 2014
magni101:

Guys help me out abeg!

I personally i'm a Tecno fan but whichever you choose to go for, you should take advantage of the current black friday deal which konga is offering. With the 70% discount they are giving, you can as well purchase the two phones.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by magni101(m): 2:10am On Nov 27, 2014
nani667:

Spending over 50K on a Tecno phone is counterproductive and depressing..... Of you have 50K to spend buy Samsung, Sony, HTC or an LG device ✔
So your suggestion is based on the fact that it's a tecno phone and so doesn't deserve such an expensive purchase?
Or simply because it is inferior to the s4?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / Samsung Sues Ksenia Sobchak, Ambassador For Using An Iphone X On TV / New Whatsapp Privacy Policy - What It Really Means For Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.