Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. (23476 Views)

Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
joseph1832:
Google should be your friend not laykorn. And lay.korn what on Earth is going on about NPC assignment thread? That thread looks so dry with our poems hanging there like loose ends...

I prefer Laykorn to Google.
Btw, the NPC is my friend, not Google.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by joseph1832(m): 9:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
standd:

Hmm I see... You said you're a physicist right?.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
joseph1832:
Google should be your friend not laykorn. And lay.korn what on Earth is going on about NPC assignment thread? That thread looks so dry with our poems hanging there like loose ends...
Lol. I did some explanation about the two teachers marking the assignments. You remember?
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by timpaker(m): 12:20am On Jan 17, 2015
laykorn:

Lol. I did some explanation about the two teachers marking the assignments. You remember?
Ayamlaykorn
What did they do? The holiday is over!
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 17, 2015
timpaker:
What did they do? The holiday is over!
Lol. Are you back sir?
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by timpaker(m): 12:26am On Jan 17, 2015
laykorn:

Lol. Are you back sir?
Ayamlaykorn
Who would want to miss the seasonal rice and palm oil stew? Gotta hit the gym. What's up bro? How are you keeping up?
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 17, 2015
timpaker:
Who would want to miss the seasonal rice and palm oil stew? Gotta hit the gym. What's up bro? How are you keeping up?
We been doing great. Lol.
Shall we get back on track, Monday?
Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by timpaker(m): 12:31am On Jan 17, 2015
laykorn:

We been doing great. Lol.
Shall we get back on track, Monday?
Ayamlaykorn
No P.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 17, 2015
timpaker:
No P.
Thanks sir. cheesy
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by texanomaly(f): 3:06am On Jan 17, 2015
timpaker:
No P.

We all appreciate your time and effort. Thank you. smiley
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by joseph1832(m): 6:37am On Jan 17, 2015
laykorn:

Ayamlaykorn
Yeah you did!.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
standd:

umm Standd, we got sponssors for 3 weeks and we have a temporary sponsor for the 4th week till we get a permanent sponsor. There are slots for any number of people who wish still to sponsor. I could send a PM.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
laykorn:

umm Standd, we got sponssors for 3 weeks and we have a temporary sponsor for the 4th week till we get a permanent sponsor. There are slots for any number of people who wish still to sponsor. I could send a PM.

Okay. Great. I'll PM you myself when I'm ready.
I will also submit my thread when I write one.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 28, 2015
. A BRIEF MESSAGE!!!
. . .With great pain piercing through my heart, tons of a thick reddish irritating liquid oozing continously 'tip tap' on the already reddened floor directly proportionaly below my swollen eyes, My fingers picks up an ego-flattened cell device to say this, the phone sighs, it's already accustomed to the tumultous tortorous series of typing procedures my finger tips often takes it through.
My fingers blood starts flowing to my swollen finger tips veins and starts working on the already worn-out letter imprints on the phone's button but despite the situation, my finger tips keep working perfectly, it had become accustomed to the buttons of the ego-ridden cell device.
. "I am a writer, a young aspiring writer who seeks to climb the ladder of life successfully", my finger tips types, "It hasn't been easy climbing the ladder, it has been made up of difficult and arduos breath taking challenges that tends to discourage me, I pay a deaf ear to them and keeps climbing. Minutes later, the painful happenings starts occuring; the masses with the ladder doesn't seems to appreciate my climbing, I put a lot of physical and mental resources to use almost everytime, My palms thinks I'm a phone addict, if only they knew! Then, I come accross the brazen faced darkness monger with a pretty name many a illeterate wouldn't hesistate to christen their child with, THE PLAGIARIST! whose effontry rubs off my efforts to the outer world due to his/her copy-paste telekinetic abilities, hence, making a living off me. I ignore it again laying my hopes in the little masses around the ladder to appreciate my effort, who knows? Maybe that'l reduce my soreness, but Alas, it turns out otherwise; they don't care how I do nor my sacrifices, they don't much to the dismay of my heart.
. I stretched my fate, exceeded my bounds, twisted my limits but all goes unnoticed, all thanks to THE PLAGRIRIST AND THE MASSES WHO DOESN'T CARE TO APPRECIATE MY EFFORTS . Now, what do I do? But put your worries to laid my precious phone, I'm not in any way like them, I'l appreciate you when I get famous, I swear I will!!!
. 'Hmm', my phone sighed again as I unknowingly scratched the top corner where C1-01 was encarved.
This is My first attempt at poetry, you guys should please lemme know if I can make a better poet, then, I might just conbine Writing with Poetry, Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by uchebest2006(m): 6:39am On Feb 06, 2015
Am in......The pen gives us power
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by joseph1832(m): 5:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
Timpaker! I believe so too. The poem speaks volume. It was locked because Ishilove said the moniker missghost is a troll!.

To me the reason given by her reeks of beef!. I wonder why people who don't even understand poetry will be given the key to moderate and speak over things they understand not!.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Ishilove: 6:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
joseph1832:
Timpaker! I believe so too. The poem speaks volume. It was locked because Ishilove said the moniker missghost is a troll!.

To me the reason given by her reeks of beef!. I wonder why people who don't even understand poetry will be given the key to moderate and speak over things they understand not!.
Get off my back and stop trolling. I've been ignoring you since but my patience is running very thin.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by joseph1832(m): 8:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ishilove:

Get off my back and stop trolling. I've been ignoring you since but my patience is running very thin.
Excuse me, what is that suppose to mean? Are you threatening me?!.

Cc:
Seun

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Ishilove: 11:34pm On Feb 16, 2015
joseph1832:
Excuse me, what is that suppose to mean? Are you threatening me?!.

You're a trouble maker. Stop spreading lies about my intentions for locking that thread.

For the last time, get off my back!!
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Paulpaulpaul(m): 11:53am On Feb 17, 2015
Gladyys:
Let your pen script your will...
Mine surely heal d ill
My words are medicine to d soul...
A therapy to d lone...
My word is my clone...
A doctor in person...
In poetry,my word is d medicine...
Feed your mind with my words...
It truely is a food for thought...
Rice n beans I have non,but poetry is what I got...

Gladys gladdens the glad
Gladys a name for fame
I glare at your glaring grace
Gladys you hide your glade
But Gladys, you're favoured.

Paulpaulpaul wanna see
Your words in the tempo of a
literator
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by timpaker(m): 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
joseph1832:

Well, i'm not aware
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Hilaskee(m): 4:50am On Feb 18, 2015
laykorn:
To be a part of the club please send or message to the number on OMA4U's signature. For poeple who don't use WhatsApp just quote this thread and make your intentions known.

Ayamlaykorn
I am interested in becoming a member. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 18, 2015
So, I was watching the movie "Saving Private Ryan" yesterday evening, and was inspired to write this. Enjoy if you can.

If I was a soldier of love
I'd take a bullet for my love
Spill blood, no air,
shattered lungs, cold stare

I feel ice in my veins
No end to the pains
As I fight to maintain
A grief I can't contain

I had a shot at eternal bliss
I missed my aim, now out of reach
I search in vain, nowhere in sight
Cupid's sign, lost in the night

But I'll soldier on for love
Till I lay down in dust
Till I soar into the skies
Till my world fades to black...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by aminho(m): 10:02am On May 05, 2015
Well this is a little short story I wrote this morning please writers in the house rate me up its from my heart about how I feel right now!!!

[b]Love is a gift share it that's what I grew up learning but later on in life I learned that it's all a fairy tale, it all started like child's play but later on feelings were hurt and shared it's not a blame game rather an expression of a sad dude with pain.
No gain saying I have been noting short of loyal to you someone you can rely on everyday and night but you failed me you have never given me a sign that I could rely on you even though you know I could go to the moon for you, we have had fights like everyone else but we always makeup and continue our relationship which I value much,
I have never loved someone in my life like I love you which you clearly know cuz I have said it a thousand times and showed you in a million ways, my love for you has no bounds
we've known each other for two years now and counting and my love for you kept growing, we have a lot in common and deep inside I know you love me but then again why not just show it? Are you ashamed of been seen with me? If so just let me know.
Every morning I wake up with the hope of you saying those three words but I guess now it will never come, what pains me alot is that you show a fling of affection towards my friend my friend of 8 years I see how you pay attention to him he calls you pick he ask you out you oblige but anytime I ask it comes with a lot of excuse...
What you should know is that I don't share cuz it seems like that's what you want to do but what you should know is that you have thought me a great lesson which is never trust a friend,I won't have felt this way if it was another guy but him? Common give me a break!
I don't smoke I don't drink and I don't follow random women if I do I won't have written this but the love I have for you blinded me to wait for you make up your mind but to no avail!
If you said you want to study me before you will fall in love with me by you could have gotten a diploma on me! But then again you have your reasons which I don't know, if only you know how much i love you I don't see you as a girl I want but a girl I need, I see you as someone who I can spend my life with which you know i can, I am financially capable of takin care of you and your needs which you can testify to that, but what will I get in return pain?
You have humiliated me a dozen times but I always over look it cuz it's you but then again am I been just to my self? I will sacrifice alot to call you my girl but will you?I can't keep on lying to myself that one we will be together.

Some might say there are alot of girls in the world must it be you, to me you are prize less and I want you but there comes a time where a man will decide what's good for him I am so young to kill my self because of love and that's why I want to move on I have taken my time and I have waited patiently but it seems you don't need me in your life,so why continue to pursue what I can't get?
 I have tried my best and now I hang by boots I can't continue to be a scapegoat and a plan b the day you decide to love me  you know where I stay and you have my contacts but for now I will go my way and trust me I will continue to love and support you from afar! ![/b] Written BY AMINHO

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 05, 2015
aminho:
Well this is a little short story I wrote this morning please writers in the house rate me up its from my heart about how I feel right now!!!

[b]Love is a gift share it that's what I grew up learning but later on in life I learned that it's all a fairy tale, it all started like child's play but later on feelings were hurt and shared it's not a blame game rather an expression of a sad dude with pain.
No gain saying I have been noting short of loyal to you someone you can rely on everyday and night but you failed me you have never given me a sign that I could rely on you even though you know I could go to the moon for you, we have had fights like everyone else but we always makeup and continue our relationship which I value much,
I have never loved someone in my life like I love you which you clearly know cuz I have said it a thousand times and showed you in a million ways, my love for you has no bounds
we've known each other for two years now and counting and my love for you kept growing, we have a lot in common and deep inside I know you love me but then again why not just show it? Are you ashamed of been seen with me? If so just let me know.
Every morning I wake up with the hope of you saying those three words but I guess now it will never come, what pains me alot is that you show a fling of affection towards my friend my friend of 8 years I see how you pay attention to him he calls you pick he ask you out you oblige but anytime I ask it comes with a lot of excuse...
What you should know is that I don't share cuz it seems like that's what you want to do but what you should know is that you have thought me a great lesson which is never trust a friend,I won't have felt this way if it was another guy but him? Common give me a break!
I don't smoke I don't drink and I don't follow random women if I do I won't have written this but the love I have for you blinded me to wait for you make up your mind but to no avail!
If you said you want to study me before you will fall in love with me by you could have gotten a diploma on me! But then again you have your reasons which I don't know, if only you know how much i love you I don't see you as a girl I want but a girl I need, I see you as someone who I can spend my life with which you know i can, I am financially capable of takin care of you and your needs which you can testify to that, but what will I get in return pain?
You have humiliated me a dozen times but I always over look it cuz it's you but then again am I been just to my self? I will sacrifice alot to call you my girl but will you?I can't keep on lying to myself that one we will be together.

Some might say there are alot of girls in the world must it be you, to me you are prize less and I want you but there comes a time where a man will decide what's good for him I am so young to kill my self because of love and that's why I want to move on I have taken my time and I have waited patiently but it seems you don't need me in your life,so why continue to pursue what I can't get?
 I have tried my best and now I hang by boots I can't continue to be a scapegoat and a plan b the day you decide to love me  you know where I stay and you have my contacts but for now I will go my way and trust me I will continue to love and support you from afar! ![/b] Written BY AMINHO

[b]Love is a gift. Share it. That's what I grew up learning, but later on in life, I learned that it's all a fairy tale. It all started like child's play but later on feelings were hurt and shared. It's not a blame game; rather an expression of a sad dude with pain.

No gain saying I have been noting short of loyal to you. Someone you can rely on everyday and night but you failed me. You have never given me a sign that I could rely on you even though you know I could (can) go to the moon for you. We have had fights like everyone else but we always makeup and continue our relationship which I value much.
I have never loved someone in my life like I love you which you clearly know cuz I have said it a thousand times and showed you in a million ways. My love for you has no bounds
We've known each other for two years now and counting and my love for you kept growing. We have a lot in common and deep inside, I know you love me but then again why not just show it? Are you ashamed of been seen with me? If so just let me know.
Every morning I wake up with the hope of you saying those three words but I guess now it will never come. What pains (hurts) me alot (a lot) is that you show a fling of affection towards my friend. My friend of 8 years. I see how you pay attention to him (when?) he calls. You pick (and if) he ask (asks) you out you oblige but anytime I ask, it comes with a lot of excuse. (excuses.)
What you should know is that I don't share cuz it seems like that's what you want to do but what you should know is that you have thought (taught) me a great lesson which is never (to) trust a friend. I won't have felt this way if it was another guy but him? Common give me a break!
I don't smoke (and) I don't drink and I don't follow random women. If I do, I won't (wouldn't) have written this but the love I have for you blinded me to wait for you make up your mind but to no avail!
If you said you want to study me before you will fall in love with me, you could have gotten a diploma on me! But then again you have your reasons which I don't know. If only you know (knew) how much i love you, I don't see you as a girl I want, but a girl I need. I see you as someone who I can spend my life with which you know i can. I am financially capable of takin care of you and your needs which you can testify to that, but what will I get in return? Pain?
You have humiliated me a dozen times but I always over look (over-look) it cuz it's you but then again am I been just to my self? I will sacrifice alot to call you my girl but will you? I can't keep on lying to myself that one we will be together.

Some might say there are alot of girls in the world (and) must it be you? To me, you are prize-less (priceless) and I want you but there comes a time where a man will decide what's good for him. I am so (too?) young to kill my self because of love and that's why I want to move on. I have taken my time and I have waited patiently, but it seems you don't need me in your life. So, why continue to pursue what I can't get?
 I have tried my best and now I hang by (hung my) boots. I can't continue to be a scapegoat and a plan B. The day you decide to love me you know where I stay and you have my contacts. But for now, I will go my way and trust me I will continue to love and support you from afar! ![/b]
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 05, 2015
aminho:

Aminho, I did a review of your piece, putting in brackets, expressions I think would best fit some respective positions. I made a punctuation check too.

This is an awesome work. There is a mouth-gaping naturality to the flow of the work. Please make sure you write more, and read more too sir. Well done! smiley

By the way, is this fiction?
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by aminho(m): 6:24am On May 06, 2015
laykorn:

Aminho, I did a review of your piece, putting in brackets, expressions I think would best fit some respective positions. I made a punctuation check too.

This is an awesome work. There is a mouth-gaping naturality to the flow of the work. Please make sure you write more, and read more too sir. Well done! smiley

By the way, is this fiction?
no its not fiction it's my love story I wrote it in like 20minutes I was just angry and have nothing to do so I decided to just express it, hope you like the story line
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by modestdude(m): 12:38pm On May 15, 2015
Hello everyone, i'm indicating interest to join this club. I hope to learn more to improve my literary skills. I have been a silent follower of this poetry section for a long time now.
Help me dissect this poem i wrote

A DISHONOURABLE HONOUR.

The frenzy was just unimaginable
Everywhere so buzzing
Cards at the marts again became profitable
With aroma of berbecue in eateries oozing

They said love is in the air
Red skimpy wears clutched the pleasure zones of our eves
The other parts, the sun treated so unfair
Twas in honour of Valentine the love chief of chiefs

Down the street was a pitiable sight
Tears streaming down the cheeks of a daughter of eve
Her boo she had just caught pants down with another in broad daylight
She too earlier was with another so brief

At the other side of the bend
A horror movie beamed live
In a clandestine manner a life came to an abrupt end
By the dagger of a jealous gang of five

Just down here right beneath my floor
A man violated a daughter of eve
For daring to walk out of the door
Without returning his valentine's financial gestures with a cleave

As the seconds ticked by, ushering in nightfall.
Traffic became mad as hotels and hot spots turned into a place of pilgrimage
Concubines sat on the laps of Ogas while baby-making machines became expendables like James bond in skyfall.
Condoms littered the roadsides in the wee hours thus painting a sodomic image.

In honour of Valentine they say it is, or is it not?
I can't stop but keep wondering.
How messy it has been for the memmorial of a poor priest who dared the emperor to tie the knot.
With this dishonourable honour methinks his spirit is not at peace but wandering.

To the people of corinth St Paul bared it all. That love does not rejoice in evil, so it is.
To play in our court now is the ball.
So lets right the wrongs by loving rightly with ease.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Ycmia: 7:26am On May 26, 2015
I'm highly intrested
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Ekugbeh(m): 9:24pm On May 28, 2015
Hw can i register?. Owk. Here z ma numb: 08096033448 f whatsapp only
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. by Ahmad4452(m): 9:48am On May 30, 2015
Sobur i neva knew u gud in poem....meself won register i fex
laykorn:

The club will have to assign you a number then sir. You should be registered tomorrow.
Ayamlaykorn

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Which Books Are You Currently Reading? / Chimamanda Adichie Questions Angela Merkel: "Siemens Deal Failed In Nigeria" / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.