Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,778 members, 7,813,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

What Really Is True Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Really Is True Christianity? (1056 Views)

Romans Threw True Christianity To The Lions / Which Church Represents True Christianity / What Is True Christianity: Calling Serious Christians In The House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Really Is True Christianity? by buraimoh(m): 9:33am On Aug 09, 2006
Hi guys,
I want to ask this question that has been on my thought all week.
WHAT REALLY IS TRUE CHRISTIANITY?? undecided

The bible specifically says:Micah 6:8 --- He has shown you , O man what is good and what the Lord requires of you.
But do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?

So how come these days we let what others say to us be our own standard of Christian instead of first of all having a relationship with the Lord God almighty through prayer our quiet time and the study of his word be the first primary function we do each day?

Also the book of James says: James1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
Re: What Really Is True Christianity? by barikade: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2006
Add this -

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. - John 8:31-32.

Regards.
Re: What Really Is True Christianity? by Bobbyaf(m): 6:18am On Aug 10, 2006
Also add John 15:13,14

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Re: What Really Is True Christianity? by Ndipe(m): 10:38am On Dec 02, 2006
True Christianity lies in the knowledge that Jesus Christ, the Creator of the World, the Son of the Almighty God, died for our sins on the cross, and rose again on the third day. He resurrected into Heaven and would come back to the world the 2nd time. Our belief lies in the fact that our sins can only be cleansed by the Blood of Jesus Christ, and that He alone is the Way to God.
Re: What Really Is True Christianity? by barikade: 1:52am On Jan 22, 2007
True Christianity -

= faith in the Person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ as Son of God and Saviour;

= that faith as expressed in the lives and commitment of believers.

(1) (Reply)

An Attempt To Convert An Atheist / It Doesnt Make Sense / On The Ontological Status Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.