Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,429 members, 7,958,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:55 AM

Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. (5779 Views)

5-technology Based Skills You Can Learn In 5days And Start Earning Good Income / Now Is The Time To Start That Business Idea In 2016 / Am A Banker, I Need A Business Idea Of What To Do For Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. by Michky: 2:16pm On Dec 01, 2014
otunbadan:
Hello,
First thing in business and the most important is the "ability to look out for a need and meet it", well that is what I heard my pastor say and I so belief it.
Having said this,a major need which we have in Nigeria is Food Security. Having just finished my BSc degree in mechanical engineering from a University in Nigeria, I just got the eye opener that "Food Business" is indeed serious business.
This awareness has moved me to start first of all, a poultry farm, because this is a section of my "Food Business" which I have the resources and expertise to commence immediately.
But from my studies online, I was able to discover that a large percentage of the frozen food we eat in Nigeria is gotten all the way from Brazil, China, Argentina and the United States of America. However, the Nigerian law actually prohibited this kind of trade.
After kin investigation about my Food business, starting with a poultry, I want to achieve and actually grow my now starting poultry farm to the extent of providing frozen and processed chicken to the Nigerian citizenry. Having done kin investigation about transportation and preservation techniques which this developed countries use to bring these products to us, I am deeply convinced that the distance of Enugu to Lagos, Enugu to Abuja, Enugu to Port-Harcourt or any other Nigerian city and metropolis is closer than the distance of Lagos to Brazil or United States of America or Argentina or China. The issue however is to make this trade between the parties involved conducive and profitable.
I could actually be in Enugu and other parts of Nigeria with relative closeness to raw materials required to raise the birds and go into large scale processing which I could sell in major cities and towns all over Nigeria frozen and processed.
Upon request I could make available my business plan to this effect. I am not talking about giving me a 100 million Naira, I am talking more about giving me "seed" financial backing to expand and increase my present productivity, which I would grow to achieve basic targets which will be set from time to time in the growth of the business.
Yours Sincerely,
OtunbaDan
08134793574, 08110834260
danielawele@yahoo.com
2AC1B515

Nice. Beautiful idea. All things being equal, Dangote will have another Nigerian breathing down his neck on forbes list in a few years time right? Nice dream. Bro, have you considered the risk involved? All the birds can just die in one day. Why do you think farmers are pulling out? Unless you know how to prevent disease outbreak, i will suggest you start very very small. Then learn as you grow. A friend of mine went into fish farming only to wake up one day to pond full of fishes floating upside down. Another farmer shared his poultry (foul) story with me. Infact, his breeds were already mature. Ready for the market. One day, half of his stock died just like that. Before he could get the vet, the other half followed. He was hoping to repay a loan. Infact, he had already started dreaming about how he would spend his 1mil naira profit. Not just dead chickens, he had a big loan to repay. Poultry didnt just put him down. It wrecked him completely. The guy could not just cry that rainy day. A word, they say, is enough for the wise.
Re: Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. by otunbadan(m): 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2014
Michky:
Nice. Beautiful idea. All things being equal, Dangote will have another Nigerian breathing down his neck on forbes list in a few years time right? Nice dream. Bro, have you considered the risk involved? All the birds can just die in one day. Why do you think farmers are pulling out? Unless you know how to prevent disease outbreak, i will suggest you start very very small. Then learn as you grow. A friend of mine went into fish farming only to wake up one day to pond full of fishes floating upside down. Another farmer shared his poultry (foul) story with me. Infact, his breeds were already mature. Ready for the market. One day, half of his stock died just like that. Before he could get the vet, the other half followed. He was hoping to repay a loan. Infact, he had already started dreaming about how he would spend his 1mil naira profit. Not just dead chickens, he had a big loan to repay. Poultry didnt just put him down. It wrecked him completely. The guy could not just cry that rainy day. A word, they say, is enough for the wise.

Trust me Sr, I really did start very small. I more like have "attached" myself to two of my friends who I did help sell of theirs before
I have now started mine. Risk is always included in any business, the most expensive part of chicken business is actually the feeding, the chickens themselves are not that expensive and if they survive the brooding stage, they have now developed their own immune system to fight diseases and correct vaccination must be carried out within their life time. However, I have technical thought of a group of issues I may encounter in the poultry business but I can't go into detail here because my idea will basically be stolen from under my nose grin, but not before I add that broilers are big fat babies in adult form. I am sure that friend lost his after 8weeks, the are diseases you vaccinate against their 12 week,but if you are not keeping them till the 12 week why bother. So people however do keep broilers for longer than 8 weeks. The reason I want to go into processing is that at what ever time the broiler gets to standard market weight,i kill process and store,i dont have to watch it get to 8weeks and beyond and get struck by diseases broiler is not vaccinated from. Experience in any business is a key need. Mix that with internet and due diligence and reduce your chances of mess ups. I don't think your friend knew that aspect of the disease. sad

Yet again, THE DAY I Enter my poultry house and find out ALL(very near impossible) chickens are dead,i will close my eyes, pack up the dead birds,have the space sterilised and buy another set.
I buy 5weeks worth of feed at every point in time so the food cannot waste but I will investigate why I lost that heavily I will count it my own personal lost,but they will be replaced as fast as possible.
Sir believe it when I tell you that the DOC are relatively small part of the chicken business cost. You have to have the experience, a resilient and strong mind for the business.
Re: Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. by otunbadan(m): 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
okine4real:
This thread is really messed up.... The main people i was expecting in the thread is yet to turn up. @otunbadan: you have a good idea but know body would give you money based on what you wrote here, people might only partner with you and sharing formula most be stated.

Once again @Otunba your business is okay, but if you do not allow partnership, if you are not careful, you might not grow from the current trend your business is.

am not blessed with the best idea, but i only put this thread up so that, i can view best business ideas and partner where possible....

I learnt from you post,but business partnerships is definitely a good form and tool of business growth. Actually in my case that is exactly what I am pushing at. A partner who has some kind of experience, expertise or money he/she is bringing to the dinner table,he may be bringing so innovative manner of doing stuff or contact of people who we would supply in large quantities to,the person just has to be bringing something and at this point today,i am praying for cash.
How ever, I wouldn't like a situation where I have a pure business man forcing me to take decisions he/she has no knowledge about such as "my grand mother used to feed her chicken blah blah blah".

A partnership I'd what I require because I know that if I could show myself able to utilise efficiently $1,i now would have the confidence to ask for $2, then $5......$100,000 and I grow myself and my system to efficiently bring results and be adaptable to changes.

Maybe not on this thread but A productive partnership is what I do require,not someone that will dash or borrow me money.
Re: Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. by freetowns: 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. by freetowns: 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
So many ideas that require little capital. Would b back for more.
Re: Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. by freetowns: 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ok
Re: Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. by jta2012(m): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
Thanks ,let be united and take charge of our by investing in AGRICULTURE
which is becoming the neglected bride as oil prices is falling .
Individual is now getting 2 ACRES of land with a N2000 application fee
and we can join together and register a very big farm from scratch from
6 plots that can grow into thousand of plots .
I was really surprised when i read that the popular worldwide hotel group- HILTONS
started with 6 rooms from their flat!!!
Am willing to be a coordinator for this emerging biz idea and sacrifice for its survival.
Interested people can call me on 08184932156 or email me at taiyealabi2014@gmail.com

God bless us all as we start small but aim high...

jta

2 Likes

Re: Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. by freetowns: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
jta2012:
Thanks ,let be united and take charge of our by investing in AGRICULTURE
which is becoming the neglected bride as oil prices is falling .
Individual is now getting 2 ACRES of land with a N2000 application fee
and we can join together and register a very big farm from scratch from
6 plots that can grow into thousand of plots .
I was really surprised when i read that the popular worldwide hotel group- HILTONS
started with 6 rooms from their flat!!!
Am willing to be a coordinator for this emerging biz idea and sacrifice for its survival.
Interested people can call me on 08184932156 or email me at taiyealabi2014@gmail.com

God bless us all as we start small but aim high...
jta
U are high? Was Dat a typo?
Re: Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. by freetowns: 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
U can open a job recruitment site for experienced hires only. Spice it a bit up by making provision for employees to post a short video of themselves. U can call it www.experiencehires.com.ng

Thanks
Re: Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. by omogbadebo(m): 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
Introducing [size=8pt]Avorious Capital Limited[/size].
Your friend in time of cash constraint. We make life easier for you. Call or visit us today for any of the following financial services:
Traders Loan
Association MicroLoan
Solidarity Group Loan
Micro Leasing
Salary Advance
Consumer Lease
LPO Financing

Call us on: 09097532528 - Juliet
09023101044 - Dammy

OR
Visit us at 58b Kudirat Abiola Way, Oregun, Lagos.
Re: Lets Come Together And Start That Business Idea Of Yours. by commarrkss: 12:09am On Sep 19, 2022
HOW TO START RECHARGE CARD PRINTING BUSINESS WITH OUR MACHINE AND FREE SOFTWARE

Recharge card printing business is a lucrative one you can start with a minimum of N54,000 only. You can also make above N450,000 monthly printing recharges and vouchers with the right information and guides from Confidence Communications Limited
For more information on how you can successfully start your recharge business and make profits from it with our free software and userguide, Call Mr.David Azin on 09161908779,
Email: confidencecommes@gmail.com
www.confidencecomess..com
Buy Recharge Cards And Voucher Pins From Confidence Communications Limited Today and be on the part way to success

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BVN: How Do I Get First Bank's Approval To Change My Account Name / What The Limit A Zenith Bank Student Account Can Hold / How To Start A Data Reselling Business And Make #5000 Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.