Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business (42598 Views)

Entrepreneurship Series (VI): Laundry Business / I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto / Please What Business Can I Join With My Barbing Biz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
Consider taking ur Business Online, if you got more money, buy Electric Sterilizer, AC, things that will make ur customers love you, Entrepreneurship is kind a lifestyle, and to survive you must be innovative.

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Wisegeek01(m): 10:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
Barbing saloon is a very good business. Starting with that cash is very is simple:

1. Don't rent a shop, get a small container.

2. Find a space. Pay for it. 6 months maybe.

All those will gulp like 130k.

3. A mirror with an alumunium frame: 4,000

4. Two Clippers: choaba: 3,000. Or wahl: 5,000 per one. Chaoba is 1500 per one.

5. After shave, powder, brush, cloth, 5,000

7. Swivel: 12,000

8. Small gen: copper coil: 15,000.

9. Electrical works, 5,000.

10. Start, and Good luck

This is like a lot of money for a starter,

this post just reminds me of how one guy started, just with 1500 he bought a clipper, then spent a little more on powder brush and cloth*

Then he started going house to house"
started with the people he knew, like church members*
did some free jobs tho, just to reassure them he knows the job*

But seriously what really helped the guy I believe was his customer service tho*

. .. The rest is history"

5 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
God bless ur hustle

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 10:17pm On Dec 07, 2014
dancok:
op one advice,keep the shop clean as much as u can,it attract costumer a lot.

Yea. thanks bro
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Isiterere(m): 10:18pm On Dec 07, 2014
great op.

I wish you all the best.
Pls you need to be very humble (your hired barber too) your shop/office and yourself should be very clean in appearance.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by chic2pimp(m): 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
Well done Bro
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
djbazz:

I hired a barber but I do d laundry myself

My only fear that keeps me from going into business is hiring the right worker...I plan doing a transport business with sharon but drivers are thieves & liars so full of deceit...will rather keep my money than let them cheat & frustrate me.

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 10:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
Bossforeva:
Consider taking ur Business Online, if you got more money, buy Electric Sterilizer, AC, things that will make ur customers love you, Entrepreneurship is kind a lifestyle, and to survive you must be innovative.

Yea thats true but moni is d problem I did all d labor jobs and didn't pay anyone 4 anytin in. D shop
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Okijajuju1(m): 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
Nice...

Study your business well and know it. Then think of how to step up your game to the next level and never stop stepping up your game..

My only advice is about your gaming business.. Don't admit kids during school hours into your shop. Never allow kids into your shop wearing their uniforms. As much as possible, discourage gambling inside your shop only allow organised tournaments run by you.. The success of a game shop rests in the sharpness of the controllers so invest regularly in new original controllers. All gamers must be silent and conduct themselves in a manner that wouldn't affect the other aspects of your shop..

May the Gods grant you favor in your business..

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
Great work

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by faqir(m): 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
djbazz:
Hello friends
Thank you all 4 ur ideas and advice
200k just started a barbing salon and laundry business
in d badagry area of lagos..
Since all those companys in lagos don't wanna
give me a job even after my 5 years mech eng
study in imo state uni..
So I needed ideas and I got all that made my
project a success and I will kept you all updated
with step by step photos for those intrested in
starting such soon...
Pls hw do u pay d guy dt stays in d barber shop...ur employee I mean
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by eleko1: 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
U get luck in Ur LGA oooo,4k per mnt while it is about 9k/11(Lekki/AjAH environ)7 around Alimosho area.May favour smile on U
djbazz:

4k monthly...lagos state rice farm road Badagry
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
MAY GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE BROTHER. I love it when people create jobs for themselves instead of searching for non existent jobs in this country.

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by html14java(f): 10:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
I am impressed

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by chino4(m): 10:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
Okijajuju1:
Nice...

Study your business well and know it. Then think of how to step up your game to the next level and never stop stepping up your game..

My only advice is about your gaming business.. Don't admit kids during school hours into your shop. Never allow kids into your shop wearing their uniforms. As much as possible, discourage gambling inside your shop only allow organised tournaments run by you.. The success of a game shop rests in the sharpness of the controllers so invest regularly in new original controllers. All gamers must be silent and conduct themselves in a manner that wouldn't affect the other aspects of your shop..

May the Gods grant you favor in your business..

I just started my own game shop without any addition .I do like your contribution bro about kids in uniform during school hours I actually printed a bold note on that and posted it at my centre.

3 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by munex007(m): 10:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
What's average income you earn per day? And are you paying the barber monthly,how much?
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by faqir(m): 10:53pm On Dec 07, 2014
djbazz:

I hired a barber but I do d laundry myself
Hw do u pay ur hired barber.....
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by 50calibre(m): 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
I admire your entrepreneurial drive, but this not a viable business in any way, sooner or later it will collapse like a pack of cards.

I've spent considerable amount of time in lagos to know this type of business is never going to get you rich. At best you're just going to be surviving, living from hand to mouth.

Lets start with the location of your business: I haven't been to badagry but I know it's a one of the most rural parts of lagos which means it's population is largely made up of low income folks who won't be willing to pay good buck for a haircut unlike the affluent areas. Then there is the issue of rent.

Now electricity: We all know power supply in Nigeria is almost non-existent, so it's safe to assume you'd be running on a generator. Last heard, petrol was N100/litre. How much will it cost you to run that generator for a day & how much turnover are you going to be making (take into account periodic breakdown/servicing)

Then to the game issue: Nothing attracts the police, gamblers & criminals like that game. Your barber/gaming/laundry shop is going to be attracting trouble like honey attract flies. The parody outfit called Nigerian police are literally going to be feeding off you and your potential laundry customers are going to stay away from your establishment as it will be perceived as a haven for crooks.

How do I know this? I used to be a prolific gambler, the type to travel miles in search of a gambling joint regardless where it's located. I remember on one occasion I was in one of those gaming houses, (A friend suggested that we patronise of them, never knew how dangerous that could be) we did patronise them a couple of times but one day while we were all glued to the TV, the police swooped in & rounded all of us up, no where to run, no where to hide. We were ushered in a straight line into an awaiting van ready to drive us to the police station. I was lucky, because I was a minor then, I wasn't thrown into one of their horrid cells, when work got to my people, they came and bailed me out with cash. This was early 2000s, the PS1 era so I don't know if that's still happening.

My advice to you; be aware of the dangers of running a game business and prepare for it.

- Keep some savings for the police or settle the police beforehand so they'd look away.

- Have few thugs handy to help you when matters get out of hand.

- Don't just rely on your barbing business, branch into other forms of business

- If business is booming, don't place all your eggs in one basket. Save up & open other shops putting your protégés in charge.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 11:03pm On Dec 07, 2014
faqir:

Pls hw do u pay d guy dt stays in d barber shop...ur employee I mean

We divide our weekly income by 3 and he takes 1...

3 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by bigtt76(f): 11:06pm On Dec 07, 2014
Look trouble. The guy endured for years, saved and setup his business only for you to try and run mouth it? Not good dear especially encouraging him to start dealing in weeds.... Haba! undecided

50calibre:
I admire your entrepreneurial drive, but this not a viable business in any way, sooner or later it will collapse like a pack of cards.

I've spent considerable amount of time in lagos to know this type of business is never going to get you rich. At best you're just going to be surviving, living from hand to mouth.

Lets start with the location of your business: I haven't been to badagry but I know it's a one of the most rural parts of lagos which means it's population is largely made up of low income folks who won't be willing to pay good buck for a haircut unlike the affluent areas. Then there is the issue of rent.

Now electricity: We all know power supply in Nigeria is almost non-existent, so it's safe to assume you'd be running on a generator. Last heard, petrol was N100/litre. How much will it cost you to run that generator for a day & how much turnover are you going to be making (take into account periodic breakdown/servicing)

Then to the game issue: Nothing attracts the police, gamblers & criminals like that game. Your barber/gaming/laundry shop is going to be attracting trouble like honey attract flies. The parody outfit called Nigerian police are literally going to be feeding off you and your potential laundry customers are going to stay away from your establishment as it will be perceived as a haven for crooks.

How do I know this? I used to be a prolific gambler, the type to travel miles in search of a gambling joint regardless where it's located. I remember on one occasion I was in one of those gaming houses, (A friend suggested that we patronise of them, never knew how dangerous that could be) we did patronise them a couple of times but one day while we were all glued to the TV, the police swooped in & rounded all of us up, no where to run, no where to hide. We were ushered in a straight line into an awaiting van ready to drive us to the police station. I was lucky, because I was a minor then, I wasn't thrown into one of their horrid cells, when work got to my people, they came and bailed me out with cash. This was early 2000s, the PS1 era so I don't know if that's still happening.

My advice to you; be aware of the dangers of running a game business and prepare for it.

- Keep some savings for the police or settle the police beforehand so they'd look away.

- Don't just rely on your barbing business, branch into other forms of business legal or not. You can run a successful weed/cannabis enterprise, you buy in bulk at cheaper rates, then you distribute at your own price. Your business would provide cover for you. Just settle the police & they'd look away, in Nigeria anything goes. When the going gets tough the tough gets going. (I know this because barber shops are one of the easiest places to lay your hands on weed)

- If business is booming, don't place all your eggs in one basket. Save up & open other shops putting your protégés in charge.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by 50calibre(m): 11:08pm On Dec 07, 2014
bigtt76:
Look trouble. The guy endured for years, saved and setup his business only for you to try and run mouth it? Not good dear especially encouraging him to start dealing in weeds.... Haba! undecided

I'm telling him how to survive & make best use of the very limited opportunities he's got.
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by hungryboy(m): 11:08pm On Dec 07, 2014
50calibre:

- Don't just rely on your barbing business, branch into other forms of business legal or not. You can run a successful weed/cannabis enterprise, you buy in bulk at cheaper rates, then you distribute at your own price. Your business would provide cover for you. Just settle the police & they'd look away, in Nigeria anything goes. When the going gets tough the tough gets going. (I know this because barber shops are one of the easiest places to lay your hands on weed)

bros abeg na u dey talk abi na igbo dey talk?

17 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by codeworks(m): 11:10pm On Dec 07, 2014
djbazz:
Hello friends
Thank you all 4 ur ideas and advice
200k just started a barbing salon and laundry business
in d badagry area of lagos..
Since all those companys in lagos don't wanna
give me a job even after my 5 years mech eng
study in imo state uni..
So I needed ideas and I got all that made my
project a success and I will kept you all updated
with step by step photos for those intrested in
starting such soon...

SURE-P will finance this
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 11:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
50calibre:

Na wa ooooo God de sha.. Thanks 4 ur advice. Bro I took som and dumped some..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by raayah(f): 11:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
Congratulations Bro!! My heart is really happy for you.

4 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by raayah(f): 11:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
50calibre:

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 11:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
turl:
man, if only you could see the smile on my face.
Much respect bro, this is the kind of hustle spirit we need in nija to turn this ugly situation around.

This is just the beginning man, keep it up bro.
Cheers.

Thanks bro, am almost on tears

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by pweetixandy: 11:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
I'm in love with the op..may God bless ur hustle

4 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by dagr8oy: 11:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
very nice, i intend strtin up smthin lik dat....still tryin to put up sm money, bt i dnt really knw hw to go abt d laundry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Top MMM Guider Chuddy Ugorji Is Doing In Lagos To Win Nigerians Back(pi / Dangote Refinery: Africa’s Biggest Refinery Takes Shape / Chinmark: I'm Deaf! I am a woman with Disability, I'm an Investor! I(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.