Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business (42601 Views)

Entrepreneurship Series (VI): Laundry Business / I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto / Please What Business Can I Join With My Barbing Biz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by holusormi(m): 7:24am On Dec 08, 2014
I like this 50calibre niggerd,, he's a realist , and in a place like nigeria where people believe too much in luck and that entrepreneurship is the next best thing after slice bread and butter, we really need people like him ,, however @op ,, please please and please ,, please once again ,, don't sell weed !!! ,, sell skunk instead , weed enough to make u a fat jumbo goes for a miserly #50, but small skunk (tiny) goes for #200 above,, do the maths!! Don't be fooled bro ,, most niggers nowadays smoke skunk, engineers , doctors, lawyers, high ranking professionals , chevron boys, total boys etc!! Personally I believe your money would have been better spent on a beer palour or on a betting outfit like bet9ja etc,, let's face it bro, Nigerians are very useless set of people so u gotta factor our uselessness in anything you want to do,, even investing the money to become a baba ijebu dealer would make you very rich ,, even me wey dey talk na serial better(gambler) , me and a few niggers I know Don spend like 60k gambling in a day and we didn't even win anything,, we still went back the next day angry grin
Sorry if am rambling, I just got too much to say !! That business won't make you rich bro ( am not cursing you) except by a very rare case of divine intervention like we hear in tv where an oyinbo man would just come to naija and carry you abroad to barb hair for oyinbo, or maybe if you move to places like V.I or yaba where you can bard one head for 1k above ,,,
Am rambling again angry
Whatever joor,, Bleep it !!!

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by perfectcrush(m): 7:45am On Dec 08, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
Barbing saloon is a very good business. Starting with that cash is very is simple:

1. Don't rent a shop, get a small container.

2. Find a space. Pay for it. 6 months maybe.

All those will gulp like 130k.

3. A mirror with an alumunium frame: 4,000

4. Two Clippers: choaba: 3,000. Or wahl: 5,000 per one. Chaoba is 1500 per one.

5. After shave, powder, brush, cloth, 5,000

7. Swivel: 12,000

8. Small gen: copper coil: 15,000.

9. Electrical works, 5,000.

10. Start, and Good luck

Hope dem go sitdon 4 ground,
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by iamimonitie(m): 7:57am On Dec 08, 2014
Very inspiring..
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by ibrahym47(m): 8:10am On Dec 08, 2014
jahbiz:
u sound like someone with experience in the field but I will not advice Op to start with that small gen set u mentioned up there . It is not good for a starter without much experience. It will frustrate the hell out of op, the damage this gen set can do to electronics is better imagine than experience.
fact
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by stonecoldcafe: 8:27am On Dec 08, 2014
djbazz:

No agent I got d landlord directly..
may God bless ur hustle in Jesus name. As u hv started well may u continue to enjoy his favour n blessing!

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Delafruita(m): 8:27am On Dec 08, 2014
holusormi:
I like this 50calibre niggerd,, he's a realist , and in a place like nigeria where people believe too much in luck and that entrepreneurship is the next best thing after slice bread and butter, we really need people like him ,, however @op ,, please please and please ,, please once again ,, don't sell weed !!! ,, sell skunk instead , weed enough to make u a fat jumbo goes for a miserly #50, but small skunk (tiny) goes for #200 above,, do the maths!! Don't be fooled bro ,, most niggers nowadays smoke skunk, engineers , doctors, lawyers, high ranking professionals , chevron boys, total boys etc!! Personally I believe your money would have been better spent on a beer palour or on a betting outfit like bet9ja etc,, let's face it bro, Nigerians are very useless set of people so u gotta factor our uselessness in anything you want to do,, even investing the money to become a baba ijebu dealer would make you very rich ,, even me wey dey talk na serial better(gambler) , me and a few niggers I know Don spend like 60k gambling in a day and we didn't even win anything,, we still went back the next day angry grin
Sorry if am rambling, I just got too much to say !! That business won't make you rich bro ( am not cursing you) except by a very rare case of divine intervention like we hear in tv where an oyinbo man would just come to naija and carry you abroad to barb hair for oyinbo, or maybe if you move to places like V.I or yaba where you can bard one head for 1k above ,,,
Am rambling again angry
there seems to be a misconception about entrpreneurship and that's the fact that a few misguided folks assume it has to make you rich quickly.well,sorry to burst your bubble but its not a get rich quick scheme.its a work hard to create income scheme.the good things about entrepreneurship is the fact that there is the opportunity to diversify your zeal into many different areas.the op decided on barbing,gaming and laundry and I must say that demonstrates his preparedness for the life he has chosen.he focused on a line of service rather than a line of product which is perfect for a beginner.overhead is limited,no issues of storage or meeting up with supplier's demands.the success of his venture all comes down to his ideas and innovation.

Personally,if the sale of skunk becomes legal,I will invest in that line of business.I will invest in a brothel when prostitution becomes legal,but till that day,I wouldn't risk my other legal,legitimate ventures by aiming for a quick buck.

@djbazz,I honestly admire you.I recall been in your shoes just a few years ago.I didn't tow your line of business,buut I has passion similar to yours.honestly,I have not really been a big fan of posting mY personal experience online but I can see how yours is inspiring a lot of people including me.so I'd think I'd find time to put together a few details of my four year journey from 5k to opening a top rate eatery(built with my own money)along a major road in lagos.

Many don't know the first major business fola adeola(gtbank founder and former vice-presidential candidate)ventured into was the barbing salon business.infact his barbershop business is where he met aliko dangote and most of those who invested in his idea to start a bank.personally,I think the major resource you will get from your barbershop isn't the money,its the contacts.those contacts can propell you to your next phase so always be courteous,warm and make the environment condusive for mature conversation.that might be difficult with the gaming,but am sure as things proceed,you'd make adjustments where necessary.

If your place was closeby,I guarantee I would have made it a regular spot.I wish you all the best in your venture but please remember,its not about how much you make,or even how much you save,its about your barbershop generating income for you to diversify into other lines of business.like some have said,your barbershop can't make you rich in itself,but it can create riches for you

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by holusormi(m): 8:47am On Dec 08, 2014
Delafruita:
there seems to be a misconception about entrpreneurship and that's the fact that a few misguided folks assume it has to make you rich quickly.well,sorry to burst your bubble but its not a get rich quick scheme.its a work hard to create income scheme.the good things about entrepreneurship is the fact that there is the opportunity to diversify your zeal into many different areas.the op decided on barbing,gaming and laundry and I must say that demonstrates his preparedness for the life he has chosen.he focused on a line of service rather than a line of product which is perfect for a beginner.overhead is limited,no issues of storage or meeting up with supplier's demands.the success of his venture all comes down to his ideas and innovation.

Personally,if the sale of skunk becomes legal,I will invest in that line of business.I will invest in a brothel when prostitution becomes legal,but till that day,I wouldn't risk my other legal,legitimate ventures by aiming for a quick buck.

@djbazz,I honestly admire you.I recall been in your shoes just a few years ago.I didn't tow your line of business,buut I has passion similar to yours.honestly,I have not really been a big fan of posting mY personal experience online but I can see how yours is inspiring a lot of people including me.so I'd think I'd find time to put together a few details of my four year journey from 5k to opening a top rate eatery(built with my own money)along a major road in lagos.

Many don't know the first major business fola adeola(gtbank founder and former vice-presidential candidate)ventured into was the barbing salon business.infact his barbershop business is where he met aliko dangote and most of those who invested in his idea to start a bank.personally,I think the major resource you will get from your barbershop isn't the money,its the contacts.those contacts can propell you to your next phase so always be courteous,warm and make the environment condusive for mature conversation.that might be difficult with the gaming,but am sure as things proceed,you'd make adjustments where necessary.

If your place was closeby,I guarantee I would have made it a regular spot.I wish you all the best in your venture but please remember,its not about how much you make,or even how much you save,its about your barbershop generating income for you to diversify into other lines of business.like some have said,your barbershop can't make you rich in itself,but it can create riches for you

Yawns ... undecided , bro I haff skunk here,, u want some ??
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Delafruita(m): 8:51am On Dec 08, 2014
holusormi:

Yawns ... undecided , bro I haff skunk here,, u want some ??
I respectfully decline.thanks for the offer

4 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by holusormi(m): 8:57am On Dec 08, 2014
Delafruita:
I respectfully decline.thanks for the offer

OkByE angry
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 9:14am On Dec 08, 2014
Delafruita:

Thanks boss ..u made a point there (the environment condusive for mature conversation.that might be difficult with the gaming). Am tinking of making d gaming just 4 costomers/kids Waiting 4 there turn... Just wanna check d income 4 a month
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by 50calibre(m): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2014
Electronzeez:

50calibre, i like the way you analyse things, well i expect that from a computer science dude.
You must be quite good in algorithm.

Hahaha thank you!!

Yeah I needed to be.
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by 50calibre(m): 9:37am On Dec 08, 2014
holusormi:
Am rambling again angry

True talk!! It's all about that paper.

As long as he makes money without hurting anyone, then fuc*k it!!

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by JMystique(m): 10:04am On Dec 08, 2014
What many nigerian graduates don't realise is running your own little business can be a lot more profitable than most of the 50-70k jobs I see people busting their ass for,just to answer 'employed'.You wake up ungodly hours,spend half your life in traffic,probably in a field you have no interest in or where u won't grow(banks),spend about 20%of ur salary on transport etc.....when with a good idea u can work @ ur own pace somewhere around u,or even in ur own house,I tried this job nonsense,the stress was definitely not worth the money,so its business all the way,till God blesses me with the kind of job that doesn't involve me reducing my life expectancy for peanuts,ride on op

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by icekidgodfrey(m): 10:07am On Dec 08, 2014
djbazz:
Hello friends
Thank you all 4 ur ideas and advice
200k just started a barbing salon and laundry business
in d badagry area of lagos..
Since all those companys in lagos don't wanna
give me a job even after my 5 years mech eng
study in imo state uni..
So I needed ideas and I got all that made my
project a success and I will kept you all updated
with step by step photos for those intrested in
starting such soon...

Good english construction for a Mech-Eng graduate. (Y) now I see why you're so lucky at jobs. The moderators in this forum really know what topic to hit the front page. Goodluck on your new establishment doe.

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by 50calibre(m): 10:13am On Dec 08, 2014
Delafruita:

That's not entrepreneurship, that's wanting to just wanting to survive and live each day as it comes. No problem with that but the issue is; your business risks getting blown away at the slightest turbulence.

There are lots of business people in Nigeria, not many entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs posses an inherent drive to grow and expand, they don't rely on luck or false hope.

Now that guy is never going to make any substantial gain from that business without diversifying his portfolio... That's the simple fact.

I think the common misconception here is that some things are illegal in Nigeria. Nah!! That's not the case.

Anything can be legal in Nigeria, you've got to make it legal for you.. & how do you do that? By settling the powers that be, so they'd look the other way.

Nothing is illegal in Nigeria and if Nigerians don't know that by now, they've not been paying attention. Heck!! You've got one of the most illegal governments on the planet, a government which smuggles cash across border in blatant disregard of international law, a government with terrorist-sponsoring moles, a government with no accountability to the people, a government which encourages crude oil theft & embezzlement of public funds.... C'mon the list is endless.

Most wealthy people didn't amass their wealth without indulging in some shady business at some point, more so wealthy people on Nigeria. Even your banks partake in illegal activities, so why not the common man.

If you're more concerned with the ethical aspect, fine!! But if that OP wants to grow exponentially, he's been told what to do. #No guts no glory

4 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by blackfase(m): 10:50am On Dec 08, 2014
Bru, which side this rice farm road dey for bdg?....i mean which general area. I dey bdg by d way, never heard of it.....

djbazz:

4k monthly...lagos state rice farm road Badagry
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Mattin(m): 11:01am On Dec 08, 2014
50calibre:
I admire your entrepreneurial drive, but this not a viable business in any way, sooner or later it will collapse like a pack of cards.

I've spent considerable amount of time in lagos to know this type of business is never going to get you rich. At best you're just going to be surviving, living from hand to mouth.

Lets start with the location of your business: I haven't been to badagry but I know it's a one of the most rural parts of lagos which means it's population is largely made up of low income folks who won't be willing to pay good buck for a haircut unlike the affluent areas. Then there is the issue of rent.

Now electricity: We all know power supply in Nigeria is almost non-existent, so it's safe to assume you'd be running on a generator. Last heard, petrol was N100/litre. How much will it cost you to run that generator for a day & how much turnover are you going to be making (take into account periodic breakdown/servicing)

Then to the game issue: Nothing attracts the police, gamblers & criminals like that game. Your barber/gaming/laundry shop is going to be attracting trouble like honey attract flies. The parody outfit called Nigerian police are literally going to be feeding off you and your potential laundry customers are going to stay away from your establishment as it will be perceived as a haven for crooks.

How do I know this? I used to be a prolific gambler, the type to travel miles in search of a gambling joint regardless where it's located. I remember on one occasion I was in one of those gaming houses, (A friend suggested that we patronise of them, never knew how dangerous that could be) we did patronise them a couple of times but one day while we were all glued to the TV, the police swooped in & rounded all of us up, no where to run, no where to hide. We were ushered in a straight line into an awaiting van ready to drive us to the police station. I was lucky, because I was a minor then, I wasn't thrown into one of their horrid cells, when work got to my people, they came and bailed me out with cash. This was early 2000s, the PS1 era so I don't know if that's still happening.

My advice to you; be aware of the dangers of running a game business and prepare for it.

- Keep some savings for the police or settle the police beforehand so they'd look away.

- Have few thugs handy to help you when matters get out of hand.

- Don't just rely on your barbing business, branch into other forms of business

- If business is booming, don't place all your eggs in one basket. Save up & open other shops putting your protégés in charge.
I'm surprised this post had likes, Nairaland! Home of different opinion.
OP, Jah bless your business, be creative and innovative bro. The sky is your starting point.

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
djbazz:

Yea thats true but moni is d problem I did all d labor jobs and didn't pay anyone 4 anytin in. D shop

Chukwubuike gi!
God is your strength and he will surely see you through.

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
blackfase:

Bru, which side this rice farm road dey for bdg?....i mean which general area. I dey bdg by d way, never heard of it.....

From limca bus stop after tom tan hotel...
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
Wow I may be wrong,but this one of the best topic have seen here on nairaland....keep it up OP and thanks for these,you are indeed a wonderful and humble person and am seeing you going places....

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by blackfase(m): 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ok, thanks.

djbazz:

From limca bus stop after tom tan hotel...
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by ibizgirl(f): 11:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
I used to run a game center (2005-2008) my center was located a street beside a secondary school, those kids were my best customers. Gambling was not allowed in my center, cos it always led to fights. I Operated from 12 noon to 6pm. Made good money from the center with 2 PS1 3 PS2 and 1 XBOX 360. From that center, i earned more than most of my friends, had time for my family and raised money to move ahead. Some businesses are better in low/middle class areas, all the kids in high brow areas have games @ home or they have friends who have so they won't come to your center.

OP God bless the works of your hands. Don't let anybody discourage you. You will always look back and thank God you took this step. Have a saving habit and look for ways to improve.

8 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by UcLloyd: 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
lol.....5 G intetnational! i will promote ur bizness son....udo!

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by silvoice(m): 3:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
Just wana know if this towel warmer can be used with 'i pass my neighbour' generator. Any idea?
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by dejizaq: 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
Good Job!!! don't forget to register your business and avoid issues with Lagos state government and the CAC. if you need help with that you can contact me...08065111667
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by qwester: 10:17am On Dec 11, 2014
Looking for HYIP programme paying with proof
check out the link below

Referral Link : http://fxglonet.com/?ref=qwester

contact for funding into Perfect Money account. hyiptrend@yahoo.com

Goodluck.

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by bedfordng(m): 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
good spirit.i guess he must have registered his business else, its advisable to do that.
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Angelstartups(f): 6:47am On Dec 16, 2014
Hello.

Business is not done by using the mouth or tongue to analyse which business will do well or which will not, it's by taking a bold step and putting your money where that mouth is; this is the biggest step most humans fear. That's the step the OP has taken, if you think otherwise about his business, do well to try that bold step of dropping your funds for the type of business/ location you think will do better and come display some pictures for followers to see and believe you. Then, you would have shown people that the business or location is the only way to go.

Note: Everyone cannot be in one line of business, if that is the case, then there won't be people to serve us in other services we require in life. The so called dirty or menial or mundane business are actually very critical and indispensable to human existence (and in actual fact: they never witness austerity even during depression) and some people choose to do them not just to be cash-rich but to be 'happy-rich', in serving others. There are intrinsic values people derive from particular businesses as long as they are not running losses, please let them be encouraged.

@OP, ensure you keep your books properly, your income and expense book is very key to the growth and expansion of your business. Be disciplined to pay yourself a token as monthly salary and never be tempted to draw from the business haphazardly. Separate the business from personality, open an account with a bank and try to register with Corporate Affairs Commission. After 6 months of diligent book keeping, you would attract genuine investors (if you want) who will need to see your account statement and would gladly invest in you to grow/ expand.

All the best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by 0one(m): 2:11am On Feb 10, 2015
Good words of encouragement. Nice advice and kudos to OP for this brilliant post. I am thinking of starting something along the this line too. i will update from time to time on how its panning along.
Angelstartups:
Hello.

Business is not done by using the mouth or tongue to analyse which business will do well or which will not, it's by taking a bold step and putting your money where that mouth is; this is the biggest step most humans fear. That's the step the OP has taken, if you think otherwise about his business, do well to try that bold step of dropping your funds for the type of business/ location you think will do better and come display some pictures for followers to see and believe you. Then, you would have shown people that the business or location is the only way to go.

Note: Everyone cannot be in one line of business, if that is the case, then there won't be people to serve us in other services we require in life. The so called dirty or menial or mundane business are actually very critical and indispensable to human existence (and in actual fact: they never witness austerity even during depression) and some people choose to do them not just to be cash-rich but to be 'happy-rich', in serving others. There are intrinsic values people derive from particular businesses as long as they are not running losses, please let them be encouraged.

@OP, ensure you keep your books properly, your income and expense book is very key to the growth and expansion of your business. Be disciplined to pay yourself a token as monthly salary and never be tempted to draw from the business haphazardly. Separate the business from personality, open an account with a bank and try to register with Corporate Affairs Commission. After 6 months of diligent book keeping, you would attract genuine investors (if you want) who will need to see your account statement and would gladly invest in you to grow/ expand.

All the best!
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by kings11ng(m): 6:26am On Feb 11, 2015
Janeify:
Bless your hustle
u crack me up with your profile smh
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by MrHighSea: 11:25am On Feb 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 12:03am On Mar 06, 2015
djbazz:
Hello friends
Thank you all 4 ur ideas and advice
200k just started a barbing salon and laundry business
in d badagry area of lagos..
Since all those companys in lagos don't wanna
give me a job even after my 5 years mech eng
study in imo state uni..
So I needed ideas and I got all that made my
project a success and I will kept you all updated
with step by step photos for those intrested in
starting such soon...

Gud day my gud friends on nairaland am so grateful 2 u all for ur prayers and advice, am also glad 2 let u knw dat the barbing and laundry business u all helped me in setting up. Five months ago is set to have a branch in d major city of badagry.. I will be creating a post soon on that Once d place is ready and set 4 Business.... I thank u all so much...

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Top MMM Guider Chuddy Ugorji Is Doing In Lagos To Win Nigerians Back(pi / Dangote Refinery: Africa’s Biggest Refinery Takes Shape / Chinmark: I'm Deaf! I am a woman with Disability, I'm an Investor! I(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.