Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business (42602 Views)

Entrepreneurship Series (VI): Laundry Business / I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto / Please What Business Can I Join With My Barbing Biz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 11:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
kennyslim1:
Nice one boss!

Lol kennyslim na u be my boss
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by idonbilivit(m): 11:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
May God bless you greatly. Some day, you will look back and marvel on how greatness could come from such a humble beginnings. May God bless you and your efforts!

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by olaniyio1(m): 11:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
guy it seems you smoke fresh leaves how can you advise him to sell weeds.my friend kudos to you for your creativity dont be discourage you can make it. i knew of two guys who have built their house thru babing.just concentrate and let your price be less and see customers. trooping in.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 11:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
sherifos:
well done Bro. I respect ur hustle. May continue to guide, bless and make it easy for u

Amen.

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Skillz02(m): 11:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
I'm really impress
Weldon bro

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 11:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
IyaOmo1:

Bro, I gbadun ur spirit. Keep it up God will surely bless ur hustle. Please, I have been nursing the idea of setting up a barbing+laundry buz here in PH. Although, I have a good job but want to increse my streams of income. How can I determine how much was made daily and how much my return will be since I will not always be on ground myself to know how much was made. Pls, respond.

Bros thanks so Much whatz app me 08036313537 or 3321DCA4

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by balogunsam(m): 11:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
Good work man! I'm really impressed and encouraged. I'm setting up my space too and I've been on it for a while so I understand the sacrifices and struggle. Like play like play you have something to call yours is what that means o. Keep up the good work! May God expand you beyond your imaginations!

4 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 11:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
ikenga67:
I greatly admire your enterprising spirit and ingenuity. Are you on whatsapp? Do you mind dropping your number or email on this thread?

Whatz app. 08036313537 bbm 3321DCA4

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by PipSurgeon(m): 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2014
i dont comment anyhow on nairaland, but with the project u just pull bro, am so happy for you.. more grease to ya elbow.. maintenance is the next important step.. run it cautiously and /or get someone who is equally cautious and passionate to help you through.. gracias

3 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 11:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
dagr8oy:
very nice, i intend strtin up smthin lik dat....still tryin to put up sm money, bt i dnt really knw hw to go abt d laundry.

I can help u wit d basic. Tips whatz app 08036313537 bbm 3321DCA4
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
idonbilivit:
May God bless you greatly. Some day, you will look back and marvel on how greatness could come from such a humble beginnings. May God bless you and your efforts!

Thanks bro. I also wish u seccess in all u do
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by mgolo(m): 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
djbazz:

Whatz app. 08036313537 bbm 3321DCA4

Dear djbazz,
I am astounded by your courage and humility. I may not be of your generation, but am really touched!
At this time of starting out on your entrepreneurial journey, you will need help, nugget ideas for a fruitful enterprise.

I am volunteering giving you series of business coaching... Free of charge -God helping me- if you are interested on running a small but successful business.
If keen, just send me a message to ... ourstomruby@yahoo.com and or reach me through www.sruby.yolasite.com ...inform I met you here.

Best of luck in your tortuous journey of enterprise.

4 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
djbazz:

Wow I wish u mean wot u said ooooo cos. I have never heard a Lady sound dis Way ooo

Yes...I meant what I said.
I am not responsible for how the "average lady" reasons/sound...I'm only responsible for how I reason...
Having clarified that, I love/admire hard workers of wish you happen to be one.

A graduate of the brain tasking Engineering___ came down yo "high horse" to do this...shun am...You don't know how much you busted my thinking with this business move of yours...lol.

I really don't know much 'bout this line(not like I know about any line kwanu...hahahaa)...but I know it comes with a lotta "masculine attached trouble"____ please avoid the trouble. I'm sure you have an idea wah I mean.

Thanks and that's all

For now.... wink tongue

10 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by bizzle2: 11:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
BAD BAAD BAAAAD, Dts Your idea of survival advice ?? pathetic,
is having a game centre illegal in Nigeria ? NO.. No reason to see the police as a threat or let them be a threat for that matter. He's a graduate, he's educated, he should know his rights.
is selling weed illegal ? YES and.... this is what you advice that he adds to his 100% legitimate bussiness ? and call it survival. Crap!
@ OP , Improvement is the game, Expansion is the gain....there's no limit to how much u can grow ...IFFFF, you sail your ship tight.

I'll tell you a little story, Back whn i was in uni, a neighbour of mine who was a barber, was studying or studied in my school (FUTO), i'm not sure wch... he said he was still in school at the time, but i also heard talk about him having issues and dropping out. This guy ws as frugal as u can imagine, he was the definition of "austerity measures", dude ran a salon for as long as i knew him up till the time i graduated(2008). we always discussed about the barbing bussiness, how profitable it was for him and all that. back then i cant even recall how much we used to pay for haircuts .. i think it was about 100 bucks or maybe even less.. being a school environment, in a small village. sometimes on the weekends u had to wait hours to get a cut, but people would take the pains....you know why? he had a reputation in the area for being one of the best at what he did.
He bought a car before i graduated and started a poultry business,
there are Three Things that particularly contributed to the success of his bussiness
-He Learnt and honed his barbing skills and found pleasure in beautification
-He was creative, and was always coming up with one new concept or the other...remodeling his place, keeping his clippers and other equipment in top shape, changing the way they (he hired two other barbers) did stuff etc
-He was Frugal
You can Move from Barbing in Badagry where you charge 300 per cut to Barbing in Lekki...where you can charge thrice as much, if you have a plan. its never easy, but hard work ALWAYS ALWAYS pays off. Long as you're in God's favour.

50calibre:
I admire your entrepreneurial drive, but this not a viable business in any way, sooner or later it will collapse like a pack of cards.

I've spent considerable amount of time in lagos to know this type of business is never going to get you rich. At best you're just going to be surviving, living from hand to mouth.

Lets start with the location of your business: I haven't been to badagry but I know it's a one of the most rural parts of lagos which means it's population is largely made up of low income folks who won't be willing to pay good buck for a haircut unlike the affluent areas. Then there is the issue of rent.

Now electricity: We all know power supply in Nigeria is almost non-existent, so it's safe to assume you'd be running on a generator. Last heard, petrol was N100/litre. How much will it cost you to run that generator for a day & how much turnover are you going to be making (take into account periodic breakdown/servicing)

Then to the game issue: Nothing attracts the police, gamblers & criminals like that game. Your barber/gaming/laundry shop is going to be attracting trouble like honey attract flies. The parody outfit called Nigerian police are literally going to be feeding off you and your potential laundry customers are going to stay away from your establishment as it will be perceived as a haven for crooks.

How do I know this? I used to be a prolific gambler, the type to travel miles in search of a gambling joint regardless where it's located. I remember on one occasion I was in one of those gaming houses, (A friend suggested that we patronise of them, never knew how dangerous that could be) we did patronise them a couple of times but one day while we were all glued to the TV, the police swooped in & rounded all of us up, no where to run, no where to hide. We were ushered in a straight line into an awaiting van ready to drive us to the police station. I was lucky, because I was a minor then, I wasn't thrown into one of their horrid cells, when work got to my people, they came and bailed me out with cash. This was early 2000s, the PS1 era so I don't know if that's still happening.

My advice to you; be aware of the dangers of running a game business and prepare for it.

- Keep some savings for the police or settle the police beforehand so they'd look away.

- Have few thugs handy to help you when matters get out of hand.

- Don't just rely on your barbing business, branch into other forms of business legal or not. You can run a successful weed/cannabis enterprise, you buy in bulk at cheaper rates, then you distribute at your own price. Your business would provide cover for you. Just settle the police & they'd look away, in Nigeria anything goes. When the going gets tough the tough gets going. (I know this because barber shops are one of the easiest places to lay your hands on weed)

- If business is booming, don't place all your eggs in one basket. Save up & open other shops putting your protégés in charge.

15 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 12:09am On Dec 08, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Yes...I meant what I said.
I am not responsible for how the "average lady" reasons/sound...I'm only responsible for how I reason...
Having clarified that, I love/admire hard workers of wish you happen to be one.

A graduate of the brain tasking Engineering___ came down yo "high horse" to do this...shun am...You don't know how much you busted my thinking with this business move of yours...lol.

I really don't know much 'bout this line(not like I know about any line kwanu...hahahaa)...but I know it comes with a lotta "masculine attached trouble"____ please avoid the trouble. I'm sure you have an idea wah I mean.

Thanks and that's all

For now.... wink tongue

Lol dis this lady is so so funny lol

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Rhukie(f): 12:09am On Dec 08, 2014
May God bless your hustle. I am very impressed

4 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by brightnelly(f): 12:13am On Dec 08, 2014
We need more positive thinking youth like u in this country! Keep it up bro

May God bless ur hustle smiley smiley smiley

4 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by 360command: 12:25am On Dec 08, 2014
50calibre:
I admire your entrepreneurial drive, but this not a viable business in any way, sooner or later it will collapse like a pack of cards.
get out of hand.

- Don't just rely on your barbing business, branch into other forms of business legal or not. You can run a successful weed/cannabis enterprise, you buy in bulk at cheaper rates, then you distribute at your own price. Your business would provide cover for you. Just settle the police & they'd look away, in Nigeria anything goes. When the going gets tough the tough gets going. (I know this because barber shops are one of the easiest places to lay your hands on weed)

- If business is booming, don't place all your eggs in one basket. Save up & open other shops putting your protégés in charge.
idiot. If I be Seun, I will ban you off. How can you come here to promote illegitimate business, weed at that level. How can you talk ill about the police. How can you come here to encourage bribery. Is this the better Nigeria we want to see? Is this where you want to build a future for nigeria and nigerians. You are a goat.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by bizzle2: 12:32am On Dec 08, 2014
And ..um by the way, I was jst compelled to chip this in..You cant buy AUTHENTIC 220V Wahl Super Tapper Clippers anywhere on the planet for less than 10k, as a matter of fact the cheapest i've seen thus far is about 13.5k (and i'm talking about buying on amazon or ebay) go to any genuine Wahl dealer at a mall or major retail outlets..and it'll set you back atleast 15 grand.
95% of the super taper clippers you find on the market are replicas. There are other cheaper Wahl models and series by the way( The super tapper is just one out of their numerous models)

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by naijaboiy: 12:43am On Dec 08, 2014
This is really nice...I was just smiling all through.

I know a barber in my street who has been barbing for close to 10 years now. He has many branches around now and he's more like a boss.

This barbing business helped him through school and is also the source for his first and second car.

The guy is very comfortable. People come from afar just to have a hair cut in his saloon because of the way he packages everything.

There is no limit to what you can achieve bro,,thumbs up.

#GodBlessYourHustle cool

8 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Joboms(m): 12:56am On Dec 08, 2014
Thumbs up bro
I luv ur spirit

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by 1one: 1:02am On Dec 08, 2014
With all my English and Phonetics I don't have a business I call my own yet.... So you doing this, personally you may never meet me or come to know me,... But you have my respect!!!

There's almost nothing I can add again to what every other person has said, I believe you're learned enough to sieve them and take the ones that resonate with your own sense of right and wrong.

Have no fear that your business is going to fail.... And if by any means at all, if it fails.. You've learnt a major way to make your next business venture successful.

I don't know what religious sentiment you share... But if you're a Christian - This is what God has said concerning you and your business

Deuteronomy 28:12 (AMP)

The Lord shall open to you His good treasury, the heavens, to give the rain of your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hands ; and you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.

You rock man!

16 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by M4gunners: 1:03am On Dec 08, 2014
Op God bless your double hustling o.At least you are now employed and Oga of yourself for that matter.

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by ghogz(f): 2:28am On Dec 08, 2014
djbazz:

I hired a barber but I do d laundry myself
plS like u did wit barbing,I need more details on d laundry biz.evry little detail,pls
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Lucasbalo(m): 2:33am On Dec 08, 2014
Angelstartups:
Hello.

Ensure it's not all your savings/ capital you are putting into the business, since you just want to start.

Carry out a small market survey around your target location, identify type of market there and your target market.

Look out for what others offering similar value are doing right and what they are not doing right. This is where you'd offer your potential customers better service.

Its of 2 ways:
1) rent a good shop, get a quality generator, create many barber's corner that the space could take without making any client inconvenient and provide seat, mirror, tool box for each corner. There you go, set a weekly delivery agreement with each barber that buys space. You should have done a survey of barbers within that location to be sure you'd find quality ones, this is what could make or mar your business, open a bank account, register your business and set a reasonable target for each barber.
2) Take charge of the whole operation yourself after studying the business properly.

All the best.

Visit www.angelstartups.com.ng as an Entrepreneur, you may meet an interested investor.

That's what we call Business Strategy. Well put by you. Hoping most of the unemployed graduates will follow the OP step and create their own jobs instead of looking for a non existent jobs in a country shunning out hundreds of thousands of graduates in a limited job market.
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by golddeejay(m): 2:34am On Dec 08, 2014
royalkonsults:
Can laundry and barbing salon be run in same shop? Considering hairs as threats to laundry clothes?
Add your voice. If you run the two together in same shop,let us hear your advice!
i think one can run d two together but the shop will probably serve as just ur laundary collection centre (washing n ironing may b door somewher else)...put a shelf(with glass door to protect the clothes) in a corner.

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by guseman(m): 4:31am On Dec 08, 2014
Nice move Op. At least you have created Job for some people. Keep the flag flying
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by stpat1(m): 5:55am On Dec 08, 2014
Good move op, That spirit is all you need to succeed. More action, less talk.
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by rman: 6:49am On Dec 08, 2014
What about the ladies?

When will they start something, get their hands dirty, complete it, and share with us?

Well done OP. A lot of folks can't pull this off with just 200K.

3 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by ojeffo: 6:56am On Dec 08, 2014
stagger:

Where are the mods when you need them to ventilate people like this off such a wonderful and inspirational thread?
And u too for quoting d loooong silly post jst to say ds..whatever happened to the"REPORT" link

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Electronzeez(m): 7:01am On Dec 08, 2014
50calibre:

I've spent considerable amount of time in lagos to know this type of business is never going to get you rich. At best you're just going to be surviving, living from hand to mouth.

Lets start with the location of your business: I haven't been to badagry but I know it's a one of the most rural parts of lagos which means it's population is largely made up of low income folks who won't be willing to pay good buck for a haircut unlike the affluent areas. Then there is the issue of rent.

Now electricity: We all know power supply in Nigeria is almost non-existent, so it's safe to assume you'd be running on a generator. Last heard, petrol was N100/litre. How much will it cost you to run that generator for a day & how much turnover are you going to be making (take into account periodic breakdown/servicing)

Then to the game issue: Nothing attracts the police, gamblers & criminals like that game. Your barber/gaming/laundry shop is going to be attracting trouble like honey attract flies. The parody outfit called Nigerian police are literally going to be feeding off you and your potential laundry customers are going to stay away from your establishment as it will be perceived as a haven for crooks.

How do I know this? I used to be a prolific gambler, the type to travel miles in search of a gambling joint regardless where it's located. I remember on one occasion I was in one of those gaming houses, (A friend suggested that we patronise of them, never knew how dangerous that could be) we did patronise them a couple of times but one day while we were all glued to the TV, the police swooped in & rounded all of us up, no where to run, no where to hide. We were ushered in a straight line into an awaiting van ready to drive us to the police station. I was lucky, because I was a minor then, I wasn't thrown into one of their horrid cells, when work got to my people, they came and bailed me out with cash. This was early 2000s, the PS1 era so I don't know if that's still happening.

My advice to you; be aware of the dangers of running a game business and prepare for it.

- Keep some savings for the police or settle the police beforehand so they'd look away.

- Have few thugs handy to help you when matters get out of hand.

50calibre, i like the way you analyse things, well i expect that from a computer science dude.
You must be quite good in algorithm.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Top MMM Guider Chuddy Ugorji Is Doing In Lagos To Win Nigerians Back(pi / Dangote Refinery: Africa’s Biggest Refinery Takes Shape / Chinmark: I'm Deaf! I am a woman with Disability, I'm an Investor! I(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.